• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda BotW glitch lets you play without the Sheikah Slate radically altering the game

Ms.Galaxy

Perfect. I hated having that slate on my hip, it can be a real eyesore with some outfits. I am curious though if there's more things about this glitch that we don't know yet. Would killing every single enemy and cut down every tree cause the game to struggle and then crash and break? It would be interesting to test it out.

Haha. It is in the video. When Link has the Sheikah Slate it's always there hanging on his hip with belt holster:

2017%2F03%2F10%2F77%2Fc9685fdc7f3a43429d3dfd2fe05a2e2c.dd17a.png

Which kinda bothered me when I wanted to play as Link in only his boxer shorts and bothing else (and there are even more skimpy ones you get from amiibo)... Now I can.

Why, oh why, does this Link awaken things and urges inside me...

I suppose that you could clear the world of all enemies and then pick up the Shiekah Slate in the Shrine of Resurrection to basically do a timed rush of the Divine Beasts and Calamity Ganon before a Blood Moon happens.

Assuming that the entrance isn't blocked off, I mean.

Seeing how killing a bunch of enemies is the recommended way to trigger a blood moon, I suspect one would be triggered immediately or soon after getting the slate if you had killed all enemies in the world.

The entrance to the shrine of Resurrection is irrelevant, the cutscene automatically plays when you get close to the entrance with Link running to the edge of the cliff and the sweeping vista. After the cutscene you'll have the Sheikah Slate as if you had "picked it up" inside the shrine. You don't need to go inside (although you can, after the cutscene)

Isn't Blood Moon the primary way the game "levels up enemies" by moving them up a tier and giving them better equipment in line with your progress? Without that I feel like it would be pretty tedious playing through the entire world to clear everything out.

Isn't Blood Moon the primary way the game "levels up enemies" by moving them up a tier and giving them better equipment in line with your progress? Without that I feel like it would be pretty tedious playing through the entire world to clear everything out.
This is the first time I hear of enemy leveling up being tied to the blood moon, but it does kinda make sense.

Lots of questions regarding this glitch.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Since you can't get blood moon does this mean one of the Kass riddle shrine cannot be completed?

I'm sorry for bumping an old thread, but has anyone played a longer amount of time using this glitch? Any side effects regarding performance in the later game?

Top Bottom