• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild assets leaking [possible spoiler material incoming]

killroy87

God, I hope the previews tomorrow actually show off how people are liking the game.

I just need to hear if it's as good as I want it to be.

Caelus

It looks like whatever costume Link wears will show up in all the cinematic cutscenes.

This is fairly obvious, but imagine the hilarity with seeing those easter egg costumes in those cutscenes, or interacting with other characters. :p Then again, they're probably post-game or sidequest dependent.

Verder

yeah so this thread has made it official im waiting outside of best buy at 4am.

anyone in the bay area wanna wait with me hit me up

I think those pins are markers for quests. The round pin was for the first quest of the game (go to the sheikah tower).

they might be guide markers/pins for main story advancing tasks? I remember that when Nate was demoing the game in January on stream and 'activated' a sidequest (got info from an NPC near a stable) it didnt automatically set a waypoint. Player needs to figure out where to go and what to do once they get there. On the plateau during the demo, however, zelda does telepathically instruct Link to head to a marker on the sheikah slate where the resurrection tower is.

Maybe those yellow markers are just indicating the direction of nearby towers that have yet to be activated?

Im going pro HUD anyway so I wont be bothered

I'm betting one of these sites is gonna slip up and break embargo, probably the same one that let those screenshots in the album slip out.

yeah so this thread has made it official im waiting outside of best buy at 4am.

anyone in the bay area wanna wait with me hit me up

Most stores should be doing a Midnight launch, check your local stores to be sure. I don't know if that covers POs only or not.

they might be guide markers/pins for main story advancing tasks? I remember that when Nate was demoing the game in January on stream and 'activated' a sidequest (got info from an NPC near a stable) it didnt automatically set a waypoint. Player needs to figure out where to go and what to do once they get there. On the plateau during the demo, however, zelda does telepathically instruct Link to head to a marker on the sheikah slate where the resurrection tower is.

Maybe those yellow markers are just indicating the direction of nearby towers that have yet to be activated?

Im going pro HUD anyway so I wont be bothered

I don't know, i think it depends on how the side quest or quest is activated. However it won't go overboard

Seik

Banned
BIG SPOILER
BIG SPOILER

BIG SPOILER

BIG SPOILER

BIG SPOILER
(could be fake)

aaah...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Media blackout starts now. HOLY SHIT I'M HYPED THOUGH! (kind of not that BIG of a spoiler though, probably just easter eggs.)

Speely

Banned
Only a matter of hours till previews drop. I don't know how much readier a body can be than mine, but I'll fight anyone who says they do.

Chinbo37

Only a matter of hours till previews drop. I don't know how much readier a body can be than mine, but I'll fight anyone who says they do.

I know how much readier a body can be than yours. Mine is more ready.

First game I pre ordered since Ocarina of Time for the N64.

Kurt

There's a new rune with a green camera icon. Also, the player is wearing the Sheikah eye shield.

Switch-3.jpg

Also confirms the ability to upgrade the amount of pins you can put on the map.

Only 4 hearts, beginning of the game?

Speely

Banned
I know how much readier a body can be than yours. Mine is more ready.

First game I pre ordered since Ocarina of Time for the N64.

I will fight you
with fists made of love.

Next weekend is going to be fucking magical. I love Friday releases.

Seiniyta

I hope when links pulls out the Master Sword and uses it once it just breaks and he just he just shrugs and throws it away. It'd be amazing. I want it to be a weapon with the lowest durability in the game.

roytheone

Is more known about how you can permanently increase your heart meter? I assume it will still use hearth pieces, but I don't think we have heard anything concrete about them being in the game?

Is more known about how you can permanently increase your heart meter? I assume it will still use hearth pieces, but I don't think we have heard anything concrete about them being in the game?

I saw someone on Reddit say that heart expansions have something to do with Goddess Statues, and instead of heart pieces you get entire containers (because there's now 30 hearts in total). Could just be pure speculation.

I hope these Easter Egg costumes are plentiful and extremely difficult to acquire, but not locked behind Amiibo purchases.

Perhaps have a secret shop where you get them in exchange for shit like 1000 Bokoblin kills and such.

I want every version of Link (well, I doubt Wind Waker Link can be done) but Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword.

The Zelda Shiek head from OoT is truly shocking. I am assuming it is purely an aesthetic piece to be worn as Link, but I can't help but speculate baselessly that it could be more.

Top Bottom