• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild assets leaking [possible spoiler material incoming]

So.....

IBHg5cT.jpg

From this image, got from a site that failed to respect the embargo... some interesting screenshots. We can see that hyrule castle is indeed a dungeon and the map is different, and many many many other things.

HOLY SHIT DUDEs

Are this from a trailer?

Charamiwa

Banned
Damn looking at this it seems like the castle is a big part of the game. Maybe more than the simple "enter, fight a bunch and meet Ganon" that you could expect from other games.

Forkball

He's got a huge sword and shield in the second picture on the third row, and maybe the tunic. Maybe he's doing a three heart run and it's late in the game.

NSESN

So with the Castle confirmed as dungeon we have 5 now, 6 with the DLC, not bad considering the large nnumber of shrines

iFirez

So what's going on in the very first image, top left? Is that Link in the Temple of Time getting a heart container or piece from the Goddess Statue? I love that this confirms Hyrule Castle been a temple too, place looks huge.

Bamboo 竹;230868671 said:
Any story spoilers? If not, I would see it.

the title, which the poster thought unnecessary to include in his post, is "SPOILERS - Story, Plot & Character Arc Revealed"

so yeah don't watch that.

kunonabi

So with the Castle confirmed as dungeon we have 5 now, 6 with the DLC, not bad considering the large nnumber of shrines

still depends on how sizable and well-designed the dungeons are. If we're talking TP/SS level dungeons then 4/5 is acceptable.

etking

Banned
Did anybody watch the new Japanese trailer released this week?

Does it really contain so many story, character and boss-related spoilers?

It should be on Youtube and got a lot of press attention outside of the US (even made it onto my Google News start page) but I didn't click the link.

KHlover

Banned
So.....

IBHg5cT.jpg

From this image, got from a site that failed to respect the embargo... some interesting screenshots. We can see that hyrule castle is indeed a dungeon and the map is different, and many many many other things.

HOLY SHIT DUDEs

Looks at that heart count...all of this is still pretty early in the game. Damn.

Hydrus

I watched it. Honestly it's not that bad. I mean it's a Zelda game. Your not gonna get this super deep complicated story. Sounds like a pretty basic simple story. Should be fun.

Did anybody watch ne new Japanese trailer released this week?

Does it really contain so many story, character and boss-related spoilers?

It should be on Youtube and got a lot of press attention outside of the US (even made it onto my Google News start page) but I didn't click the link.

It only showed two new shots, Link doing a very high dive towards a lake, and a dragony type creature/enemy/boss that hasn't been shown before.

Lgndryhr

But it doesn't seem to be any proof the poster that leaked the assets and the one that is posting the story

Like I said it seems. Not saying it is correct. I just skimmed over the video for the meat.

I certainly am not bold enough to click that

People should be on blackout mode at this point if they want to avoid any spoilers with the game out in the wild now.

It is to an extent because some people are assholes, but it's still nice to say what type of spoilers you're going to be giving before you provide them

Disagree, but I see your point.

I watched about half of the video before walking away. I don't think this one's legit, folks. The story spoilers here sounded pretty fake and in contrast with what folks had been figuring out about the game up to this point.

Still, I can't say for sure that this is fake or not, so tread carefully.

I don't either, but shared still. No way to confirm or deny.

etking

Banned
I'm really afraid to watch trailers because I could not enjoy Xenoblade X at all after Nintendo showed virtually everything. I knew the whole game in and out before it even released and there were no surprises and no exploration of the unknown, which made my 100+ hours with the game really boring and bland.

The spoilers really destroyed 100% of the fun.

I watched it. Honestly it's not that bad. I mean it's a Zelda game. Your not gonna get this super deep complicated story. Sounds like a pretty basic simple story. Should be fun.

Again, it isn't that I think this is necessarily a bad story or anything. Like you said, the details sounded like a typical Zelda story. My point is that some of the exact details mentioned in the leak seem to heavily contrast elements of the game that we know about as fact (namely
the whole thing with Zelda the Third being your granddaughter. Sounded like the leak was indicating that there's two Zeldas and the one we've seen so far is in the present day, when we know that the Zelda from the trailers has only been seen in flashback sequences so far.
)

I'm not 100% sure, but it sounded fake to me.

Hydrus

Again, it isn't that I think this is necessarily a bad story or anything. Like you said, the details sounded like a typical Zelda story. My point is that some of the exact details mentioned in the leak seem to heavily contrast elements of the game that we know about as fact (namely
the whole thing with Zelda the Third being your granddaughter. Sounded like the leak was indicating that there's two Zeldas and the one we've seen so far is in the present day, when we know that the Zelda from the trailers has only been seen in flashback sequences so far.
)

I'm not 100% sure, but it sounded fake to me.

Lol I meant the leak itself wasn't that bad. It didn't give everything away. Just responding to the people that are too scared to watch it lol. Whether its fake or not. I like what I heard!

The most exciting thing to me is the new enemy (Could be the return of the Darknut). I thought that enemy variety could be Lacking but that might not be the case in the end.

The most exciting thing to me is the new enemy (Could be the return of the Darknut). I thought that enemy variety could be Lacking but that might not be the case in the end.
Did you mean rightmost column? I think there should be plenty of enemies even though they are mainly showing the pig and reptile ones ATM which are probably the most common.
Edit: OK you did mean left. I think that might be Link jumping? I might be looking in the wrong place but he should be on screen somewhere.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Has it been leaked yet if there is some way to obtain an indestructible weapon (e.g. the master sword)?

ckaneo

New Famitsu impression https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/5vq1ey/6_page_botw_feature_in_new_famitsu_potential/

Something cool Gameinformer left out about the first boss

I can do more write-ups later but the most spoilery info concerns the first boss fight and an NPC, and follows on from a discussion about how the game uses voice acting to good effect. The writer talks about how he/she was surprised how voice acting could increase the intensity of a battle. They reached this realisation during the first boss fight. Link joins forces with a certain character to challenge a powerful boss. (The npc was) a good guy, but carefree and a bit annoying (also expressed well through the voice acting). You get on his back and get in close to the enemy, and you go from a solo assault to attack in the blink of an eye. Your companion yells out "do it!" just as you attack. Hearing that voice, filled with the memories/feelings of that race, my heart went into hero mode. This was immediately followed by silence as I aimed for the weak spot, and my body was prickly with tension. "My" Link was TOO cool!

Did you mean rightmost column? I think there should be plenty of enemies even though they are mainly showing the pig and reptile ones ATM.

Yeah. I mean it's not really enough to have good enemy design alone (though it helps a lot for variety), you need good level design to take advantage of it. The first treehouse base that they showed off the plateau is a good example of that. Lots of ways to tackle it that seem to use the environment, link's toolkit including runes and the enemy AI and the enemies are both numerous and dangerous. Even if it's small it looks really well put together and if that's the baseline to expect of enemy encounters, then enemy variety might not be problematic in the end if it happens to be an issue.

I'm really afraid to watch trailers because I could not enjoy Xenoblade X at all after Nintendo showed virtually everything. I knew the whole game in and out before it even released and there were no surprises and no exploration of the unknown, which made my 100+ hours with the game really boring and bland.

The spoilers really destroyed 100% of the fun.
Dude, multiple people have told you there are no spoilers in the trailers yet you continue to ignore them. You are also in the spoiler thread which is the last place you should be if you don't want spoiled. I don't even know why I replied to you because you aren't going to see it and will make another whiny post in the near future.

New Famitsu impression https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/5vq1ey/6_page_botw_feature_in_new_famitsu_potential/

Something cool Gameinformer left out about the first boss

I can do more write-ups later but the most spoilery info concerns the first boss fight and an NPC, and follows on from a discussion about how the game uses voice acting to good effect. The writer talks about how he/she was surprised how voice acting could increase the intensity of a battle. They reached this realisation during the first boss fight. Link joins forces with a certain character to challenge a powerful boss. (The npc was) a good guy, but carefree and a bit annoying (also expressed well through the voice acting). You get on his back and get in close to the enemy, and you go from a solo assault to attack in the blink of an eye. Your companion yells out "do it!" just as you attack. Hearing that voice, filled with the memories/feelings of that race, my heart went into hero mode. This was immediately followed by silence as I aimed for the weak spot, and my body was prickly with tension. "My" Link was TOO cool!

Yeah this would explain one of GI's screenshots I think, the one aiming the bow.

I watched about half of the video before walking away. I don't think this one's legit, folks. The story spoilers here sounded pretty fake and in contrast with what folks had been figuring out about the game up to this point.

Still, I can't say for sure that this is fake or not, so tread carefully.

It sounds like someone saw the GameInformer cover and created a whoe story around that.

Top Bottom