• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild assets leaking [possible spoiler material incoming]

PrimeBeef

This? It's just a shirt, and it's not really the classic green color Link's tunic has traditionally been. The description makes it sound like nothing special either. *shrugs*

tunic-min__large.png
No. It wasn't that one. I swear I saw a darker green tunic/chain mail type armor in a play through video. I'll try to find it this morning. It might not have been a Treehouse video.

Edit.

It may have been the green quilted shirt., The closest thing I could find to what I thought I saw was in the 2016 E3 trailer. That looks the be the shirt. I'll keep looking though, there are just so many videos out there.

So is this leak finished? I read somewhere that the original leaker claims there are
more retro outfits such as Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.

Looks like it has been cooled off for quite awhile.

Caelus

So is this leak finished? I read somewhere that the original leaker claims there are
more retro outfits such as Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.

Looks like it has been cooled off for quite awhile.

The thread on 4chan is an utter mess of shitposting and people posting fake keys, the original dataminer is probably laughing his ass off.

I do hope we get more stuff though, these weren't particularly spoilery and I'd love to see all the costumes.

Speely

Banned
It works with the mini guardians in shrines tbh. Maybe it'll work but break a basic sheild in one hit

This makes sense, but for metal only imo. Speculation: Shields have variable durability ratings. Certain materials also take less durability damage from elemental energy. A high quality metal shield might take less damage from a reflection like this, while a simple metal shield might melt in one blast. Perhaps wood cannot reflect at all (would be 100% in line with the physics of the game we know about thus far.)

Edit: Unless there is footage of mini guardians being reflected by wooden shields (or you have experienced it.) Would be weird, though.

Caelus

Looks like that sword is the
charged up blue Master Sword
from the datamine.

Look closer, it's one of the
Shiekah energy blades, the patterns in the sword give it away. I'm thinking the glowing Master Sword of Resurrection is near endgame

This makes sense, but for metal only imo. Speculation: Shields have variable durability ratings. Certain materials also take less durability damage from elemental energy. A high quality metal shield might take less damage from a reflection like this, while a simple metal shield might melt in one blast. Perhaps wood cannot reflect at all (would be 100% in line with the physics of the game we know about thus far.)

Edit: Unless there is footage of mini guardians being reflected by wooden shields (or you have experienced it.) Would be weird, though.

Wood and bone in this case

Same as in the TV ad you have to time the parry right by pressing A, it didn't just reflect on its own! 🐵

Searching through reddit, there seems to be some impressions from french journalists:

- All we've seen and played through demos until now is 1% of the map
- He then said that BOTW's map is about twice the size of Skyrim's world
- Zelda's world is filled with mini-dungeons, villages, life, and all sort of things. Doesn't feel - empty at all at any time, nothing like what we have seen in the gameplay. He complains that - the demo is the emptiest area in the game.
- Village types include villages of thieves, gentle farmers, etc
- The sounds are amazing and respond really to the environment and feels really immersive

If we have any French speakers here who would like to confirm, the Zelda talk should start somewhere around 20 minutes into this stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123912657

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/5vmrv9/breath_of_the_wild_first_impressions_from_some/

Speely

Banned
Searching through reddit, there seems to be some impressions from french journalists:

- Zelda's world is filled with mini-dungeons, villages, life, and all sort of things. Doesn't feel - empty at all at any time, nothing like what we have seen in the gameplay. He complains that - the demo is the emptiest area in the game.
- The sounds are amazing and respond really to the environment and feels really immersive

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/5vmrv9/breath_of_the_wild_first_impressions_from_some/

Hype overload. The 3th is real.

Jesus........how big is this game?1?!

Can anyone confirm this though? i don't know the credentials of the journalists and i don't speak french, i'm only linking what the reddit post said

Milennia

that french description is like how i felt prior to gta v releasing when we knew nothing almost about the game.

if its that huge hooooly.

watershed

Banned

These aren't gameplay impressions, these are factoids we already know. The Great Plateau is roughly 1 or 2% of the whole game. Shrines are mini-dungeons. There are multiple villages including a Gerudo village and a village that is growing crop. The game has enhanced sound effects on the Switch to make the world sound alive. We already know all of this without playing the game.

Spinifex

Z8hbhna.gif

If all that shit is true and they managed to make most of the map feel dense enough, I mean that's a huge feat. Especially if people don't find it to be too big for the sake of it or too redundant. This could easily be the best realization of Hyrule to date.

Speely

Banned
If all that shit is true and they managed to make most of the map feel dense enough, I mean that's a huge feat. Especially if people don't find it to be too big for the sake of it or too redundant. This could easily be the best realization of Hyrule to date.

This would also explain a lesser focus on dungeons (even though there are dungeons) since filling in real content for a map that size seems... unbelievably taxing.

Caelus

There are going to be complaints about the world's "emptiness" regardless, even if it's getting from point A to point B on horseback, gliding, surfing or sailing.

The Great Plateau is one of the best Tutorials in a Nintendo game and it's the emptiest area in this game we already knew that, but it's still quite the feat.

I need this, now!
Could've sworn Bill Trinen said it was 2% js

I've been thinking lately, I was pretty excited for Skyrim. But this may scratch that itch to just have an open world on the go completely.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
These aren't gameplay impressions, these are factoids we already know. The Great Plateau is roughly 1 or 2% of the whole game. Shrines are mini-dungeons. There are multiple villages including a Gerudo village and a village that is growing crop. The game has enhanced sound effects on the Switch to make the world sound alive. We already know all of this without playing the game.
Yeah, I'm going to need more context to this guy's statements.

There are going to be complaints about the world's "emptiness" regardless, even if it's getting from point A to point B on horseback, gliding, surfing or sailing.

I'm okay with stretches of "nothing." I mean it's not realistic to have every square foot feature a treasure or something new. In order to make a world feel organic and realistic there should be areas that are just part of the world's makeup. And I like the idea of big fields, the flora and fauna, etc.

But you're right. People said there was a lack of exploration and nothing to find in Skyward which is total bullshit from head to toe so yeah there'll be complaints about it.

But you're right. People said there was a lack of exploration and nothing to find in Skyward which is total bullshit from head to toe so yeah there'll be complaints about it.

That probably stemmed from the fact the "overworld" was mostly the Sky, and you had to fly through nothingness to get to each island, most of which had nothing more to do than open a treasure chest or find one collectable.

The world sections down below were like linear mazes, no one really feels compelled to explore it twice.

Aldric

i agree, hopefully some french speaker can help us

The guy is Ken Bogard, a pretty famous fighting game commentator. He's not a journalist but he works for the web tv of the biggest french video games site. They've already received the Switch and Zelda and one of his colleagues played the game for about three hours. He does say that the map is full of things to do, stables, hidden caves, npcs, lots of villages ("good guys villages and bad guys villages" in his own words) etc.

Speely

Banned
The guy is Ken Bogard, a pretty famous fighting game commentator. He's not a journalist but he works for the web tv of the biggest french video games site. They've already received the Switch and Zelda and one of his colleagues played the game for about three hours. He does say that the map is full of things to do, stables, hidden caves, lots of villages ("good guys villages and bad guys villages" in his own words) etc.

If I get any harder, it will only be by achieving a localized density that might produce a singularity that would swallow the Earth. Stahp!!!!!

- Zelda's world is filled with mini-dungeons, villages, life, and all sort of things. Doesn't feel - empty at all at any time, nothing like what we have seen in the gameplay

My-reaction-watching-my-hot-neighbour-run-naked-every-morning-when-she-gets-ready-Stephen-Colbert-creepy-smile.gif

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I've made my unhappiness with the unjust thread closing known. I died for your sins.

Thanks Trump.

This Hyrule looks big enough to feature the many races of NPC's from all the previous games that Nintendo has created since OoT, which of course avails Nintendo the opportunity to showcase on their large, realized palette. It also allows them to improve on gameplay formulas that have worked successfully in the past, as well as review and tweak and rectify the flaws of design innovations that they felt had potentials, but for one reason or another didn't click the first time.

So for anyone who had played every mainline console Zelda game over the past 2 decades, which of many creative assets and technical innovations from their previous games should we expect to see in BotW? And which do you expect to end up on the chopping block?

Top Bottom