• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild assets leaking [possible spoiler material incoming]

More cool gear:

Jq8u36f.png

Fuck yes. The classic ALttP attire will be mine. Love how it's even got the bare legs and yellow band on the hat!

ITSMILNER

Do we know yet if the typical Zelda items such as Hookshot and Boomerang are in this game? I know it doesn't seem that you get them via dungeons anymore so wondered if you acquire them via other means?

ckaneo

I was honestly hoping
there wouldn't be a green options for dyes, just as a way to troll the fans.
Lol, that's cruel.

That said I can see why they didn't make the green tunic regular attire.

Also it hasnt been mentioned but headgear has been confirmed as separate from torso. We actually didn't know this for sure.

LotusHD

Banned
Do we know yet if the typical Zelda items such as Hookshot and Boomerang are in this game? I know it doesn't seem that you get them via dungeons anymore so wondered if you acquire them via other means?

I think I recall someone saying one of the enemies had a boomerang weapon. No Hookshot though as far as I know.

Caelus

Boomerangs are definitely in, as shown by recent Japanese footage and one of the leaked assets.

Hookshot might be replaced by a grappling arrow for the bow.

Caelus

Leaked asset of boomerang?

Yeah,
the weapon in this image with three blades looks like it can be used as a regular melee weapon, but if thrown it looks like it spins and can possibly return to you.
One of the lizalfos in gameplay footage was holding a 'classic' boomerang which it uses as a melee weapon.

etking

Banned
A little bit OT but could someone tell Nintendo to f******g stop putting heavy spoilers into trailers. Why should I buy the game if I have already seen everything. This was the case with Xenoblade X and is much worse with Zelda. (regarding the new Japanese trailer which I have not seen but the Internet is already full of major spoilers which are impossible to avoid)

Charamiwa

Banned
Yeah,
the weapon in this image with three blades looks like it can be used as a regular melee weapon, but if thrown it looks like it spins and can possibly return to you.
One of the lizalfos in gameplay footage was holding a 'classic' boomerang which it uses as a melee weapon.

So there seems to be
a Fire Rod and a Super Fire Rod? Pretty cool design.

ckaneo

Yeah,
Im skeptical it works like that. Seems like Nintendo just went OD with the sword design.

But it's nice to know boomerangs are confirmed.

ckaneo

A little bit OT but could someone tell Nintendo to f******g stop putting heavy spoilers into trailers. Why should I buy the game if I have already seen everything. This was the case with Xenoblade X and is much worse with Zelda. (regarding the new Japanese trailer which I have not seen but the Internet is already full of major spoilers which are impossible to avoid)
There are no major spoilers in the trailers.

I'm fact, I think Nintendo has shown far too much plateau footage. A quick glimpse at more locations wouldn't hurt.

ckaneo

Glad Boomerangs are still in, I can't wait to see how the dungeons work puzzle wise if you don't need specific items
That's the part I dislike the most. Zelda games would usually focus on a single item too much and now not at all.

I'm sure they will be fine, but I hope they find a way to add boomerang, magic rod, and korok leaf puzzles.

Charamiwa

Banned
That's the part I dislike the most. Zelda games would usually focus on a single item too much and now not at all.

I'm sure they will be fine, but I hope they find a way to add boomerang, magic rod, and kook leaf puzzles.

Well from GameInformer's report of the dungeon they explored, there's something that kinda replace the unique item.

Nintendo hasn't spoiled anything in the trailers. Everyone overeacted about the Japanese trailer but showing a big fucking dragon with zero context is not a spoiler unless you're being anal. They have shown way less than previous zeldas and nothing has approached the reveal of Elma.

ITSMILNER

I'm sure they will be fine, but I hope they find a way to add boomerang, magic rod, and kook leaf puzzles.

I wonder if those types of puzzles might be in the overworld rather than Dungeons this time round? Like you go on a side quest and end up needing to use the leaf to solve a certain puzzle to gain access to another area to continue the quest.

JCH!

Heavy spoilers? There are no heavy spoilers in the trailers...

Not even 'light' spoilers, imho.

ckaneo

I wonder if those types of puzzles might be in the overworld rather than Dungeons this time round? Like you go on a side quest and end up needing to use the leaf to solve a certain puzzle to gain access to another area to continue the quest.
Well the korok leaf was a bad example cause it is used to sail.

I meant the boomerang. Hopefully they do.

Caelus

What do you mean?

Basically each dungeon has a different mechanic / theme and is more open-ended, i.e. the finish line or end point is in clear view and there are multiple physics based solutions to a puzzle. A combinations of runes + traditional items is essential.

I'm sure they will be fine, but I hope they find a way to add boomerang, magic rod, and korok leaf puzzles.
Nah this is a good change. This gets rid of useless items (I'm looking at you Twilight Princess) and will add more puzzle varity to the dungeons.

Charamiwa

Banned
What do you mean?

Halfway through the dungeon they got an update to their map that unlock the ability to move the whole dungeon around, unlocking some new places to go. If there's something like that for each dungeon it would kind of work like a unique item: something you get halfway through that offers a different perspective of the all thing.

You should probably buy it because it's fun to play rather than to watch some bad cutscenes.

Link's fashion choices are really pretty in this game.

We're this close to having a female playable character in the next game.

Agreed, my dream will almost become true with what I've seen in these armors:

Playing with Sheik in a mainline zelda game.

Coffinhal

Not "The Internet" but only social media (forums, twitter, facebook) and clickbait websites.

If you only go there, you can only blame yourself.

There is a green tunic in game that was seen right after E3 when Bill and Nate played some BotW. These, if real look like cosmetic appearances.

This? It's just a shirt, and it's not really the classic green color Link's tunic has traditionally been. The description makes it sound like nothing special either. *shrugs*

tunic-min__large.png

The biggest surprise for me is that outfits have color options.

Yes! I love this in games actually. It's a small thing but I love being able to decide how my character looks visually. Especially when I'm just running around for fun and I don't necessarily want to optimize my gear.

Personally, I can't wait until I get my hands on that Switch shirt/gear/tunic.

Yukinari

Just saw the /vg/ thread and this thread as well.

I love how everyone freaks out over Zelda cosmetic fanservice being spoiled for them. Not even story spoilers.

Seeing this stuff makes me want to play the game EVEN MORE knowing it exists.

Caelus

Seeing this stuff makes me want to play the game EVEN MORE knowing it exists.

Same, my hype levels have never been higher.

It's strange how much Nintendo has been keeping even basic stuff like outfit colors under wraps, it's another example of breaking Zelda convention by eclipsing the level of customization in past games.

I think if more people knew about the badass hood from the reveal trailer being in the game, more headgear options, colorization and
the melee energy swords
, there'd be even more excitement.

Same, my hype levels have never been higher.

It's strange how much Nintendo has been keeping even basic stuff like outfit colors under wraps, it's another example of breaking Zelda convention by eclipsing the level of customization in past games.

I think if more people knew about the badass hood from the reveal trailer being in the game, more headgear options, colorization and
the melee energy swords
, there'd be even more excitement.

They hinted at all of this, it's better to keep most things under wraps

Pygrus

God, someone just knock me out and don't wake me up till the 3rd.

I think this is the most hype I have been for a Zelda game. Really hoping it doesn't disappoint. They are going so far off the rails with this one.

Caelus

Did you watch the brand new Japanese one where so many viewers complain that it reveals too much?

It had two new scenes, one of which spoiled a character. Everything else was from the Switch trailer.

They hinted at all of this, it's better to keep most things under wraps

They didn't hint at colors though. :c I suppose that would have been really cool to find in game, still, there are like 15 regions each bigger than the Great Plateau. Relatively, they've shown nothing, so there's still much to be excited about.

I thought the outrage over that trailer was ridiculous. There was several seconds of new footage that really wasn't even that revealing.

Spoiler alert: A video game series that features
dragons
in nearly every entry features a
dragon
in it's latest release. Shocking stuff.

Vidiot

These types of spoilers don't bother me.i'll avoid anything story related and refuse to look at any other bosses however.

Top Bottom