• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Breath of the Wild Master Edition Revealed

RedRumy3

I missed out on this master edition but I was able to at least preorder special edition from bestbuy but I hope maybe amazon will get more in to preorder.

Preorder prices for hard to find items are always ridiculous. Once it's out, scalpers will flood the auctions and it'll be more reasonable.

More reasonable yes.. but since this is a one time thing and in demand I'm sure it will always fetch a premium well and above the actual cost. Honestly I doubt we see one go for sale for less than $250 on the secondhand market. This falls squarely on Nintendo this time.

yeah, which is actually serving to keep the prices artificially high as the true supply of reseller copies isn't out there.

*shrug*

That seems to be the trend today that people are never acting in their best interests haha. I love that each item put up gets a lot bids then is taken down, people must be going crazy.

That seems to be the trend today that people are never acting in their best interests haha. I love that each item put up gets a lot bids then is taken down, people must be going crazy.

A lot of them were actually sold though... I'm guessing those got away with it and cashed in, right?

A lot of them were actually sold though... I'm guessing those got away with it and cashed in, right?

Yeah, I def think the ones that are "buy it now"got sold, so that is the way to go if anybody wants to sell it. I bookmarked a couple bidding only items and those usually are set for 9 days of bidding and those just get removed by Ebay after a few hours.

Oxn

Yeah I cant tell if those is worse/better than the Fire Emblem Special Edition fiasco. Fire Emblem at least gave you hope while this has none. Fire Emblem had a better bundle too.

How did Fire Emblem give you hope and this not?

I have the FE one btw.

Welp people can finally post their listings on ebay because it is within the 30 day window (with added time for the bidding phase). 400 dollars but maybe it'll drop closer it gets to launch date.

Welp people can finally post their listings on ebay because it is within the 30 day window (with added time for the bidding phase). 400 dollars but maybe it'll drop closer it gets to launch date.

no, higher. the first batch averaged selling price was in the 350 arena and now can hit as high as 500

I know these collectors edition are limited, but I wish they were a few more to get. These limited collectors edition are gone in a couple of hours. Poof!

LiK

The worst thing was Reggie bragging that once it's gone, it's gone. Thanks for enticing scalpers to scoop them up..

Anyone else never buy special editions of games but bought the Special/Masters for the Switch case alone? I did. It looked great on stream and has room for games!

The worst thing was Reggie bragging that once it's gone, it's gone. Thanks for enticing scalpers to scoop them up..

I couldn't believe how tone deaf that was. I wonder if Nintendo will ever address the fact that this same thing happens for every single LE they put up.

WadeitOut

That would pay for the console and then some. It's gonna be awful tempting to put up the master edition

Not for me. It's paying for my console. After seeing how garbo the little plastic statue is on the treehouse stream I'll just keep my special edition.

Anyone else never buy special editions of games but bought the Special/Masters for the Switch case alone? I did. It looked great on stream and has room for games!

It's the exact same case as the other two BotW PDP hard cases except with an uglier color scheme.

SalvaPot

I couldn't believe how tone deaf that was. I wonder if Nintendo will ever address the fact that this same thing happens for every single LE they put up.
Not true. You can still pick uo tge Xenoblade Chronicles X SE or the #FE one for retail.

People are just crazy about Zelda

Ponn

Banned

I usually don't bother with collectors edition because I don't really listen to games soundtracks, I flip through art books once then they sit there on the shelf forever and trinkets just disappear to wherever. What I like about the BoTW SE and the FE Fates SE sets is that they have very useful bonuses in them like the carrying case and with Fates all three games on one cart. That's what I'm looking for out of a collectors edition, things I will really use.

Grabbing the SE, mainly for the case alone. The Master Edition is what I was originally gonna go for, but I'm sorry, that statue looks like an aquarium decoration.

Not for me. It's paying for my console. After seeing how garbo the little plastic statue is on the treehouse stream I'll just keep my special edition.

It's the exact same case as the other two BotW PDP hard cases except with an uglier color scheme.

It has the same design but we don't know about build quality. Nintendo has the hardware to design around and the time to design perfectly. PDP could be a few cm too small, making the case too tight

robochimp

To each their own, I think it's the best looking of the Zelda themed cases.

crpav

What does the carriage look like?

KUJgKag.png

RootCause

To each their own, I think it's the best looking of the Zelda themed cases.

I think it looks great too. Have you seen the blue tunic themed one? I think it looks great too.

It might be the same inside, but the outside isn't just a color scheme/swap from what I've seen.

At least all of the Zelda cases I've seen look entirely different.

Crying shame they didn't do a gold cartridge.
Should've done it with the Majoras Mask 3D.
Hoping for a golden cover for NA release.

Zafir

I've decided to just go with the normal edition since Amazon UK has the £10 off £50 deal. The European edition sucks arse. The soundtrack is just a sampler, and the statue looked like cheap plastic.

The two of them together certainly aren't worth an extra £44. (My order for LoZ comes to £36)

Zafir

What are the details of this deal? Is it for games only?

Oh it was one day only I'm afraid, probably should have said had instead of has.

Last Friday they did a deal where you could get £10 off any £50 spend. Didn't matter what you bought as long as it was sold by Amazon.

Consequently I bought Zelda and a pack of 27p noodles to get it up to £50, and used the £10 off.

Oh it was one day only I'm afraid, probably should have said had instead of has.

Last Friday they did a deal where you could get £10 off any £50 spend. Didn't matter what you bought as long as it was sold by Amazon.

Consequently I bought Zelda and a pack of 27p noodles to get it up to £50, and used the £10 off.

Oh, sucks that I missed that. I've had a preorder on Amazon UK since Friday the 13th. Could have cancelled and reordered for £10 off

Shoyz

Im surprised at how much of a premium the sword alone is demanding considering the quality, but more so the fact that only the sword is available in EU/JP. The cool looking case being seemingly NA exclusive, I'd have expected a smaller gap between the two editions. Instead of like $200 for the sword.

Do people care that much about the big black box? Far cheaper to import a sword and add it to the SE.

I was upset that Amazon.co.uk didn't show the US version of the master edition. I know it's entirely my fault in the end but it would of been nice to show other versions of the same product from different regions like eBay does.

I got the limited edition anyway but could of had the master edition.

Only chance people have is on the day or two days before launch when people get charged for their orders and those that don't have money get canceled and they put those batches the next day or two or week lol

Plus I'm assuming cheat code Nintendo world store will have more in stock .

But this isn't amiibos or nes Classic, once it's gone
Welp

I'm also tempted to resell mine to pay for my system, I'm a monster

Is this a part of one countries masters edition. Looks awesome.
First Four Figures are a figurine and statues making company. You should check them out, they've made some really awesome Zelda statues including a newly crafted life-size Majora's Mask!

First Four Figures are a figurine and statues making company. You should check them out, they've made some really awesome Zelda statues including a newly crafted life-size Majora's Mask!

Haha I'll def check it out, thanks. Yeah I just assumed they meant 4 figurines will be released for Zelda.

Top Bottom