• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Breath of the Wild Master Edition Revealed

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Is the First Four limited, or can I buy it whenever I want?

After watching the special edition the past week I don't think that I got much of a chance at Master if it ever goes back up. Even with nowinstock text alerts it's always sold out before I can get to the page. If resellers are going that hard there is little I can do.

F4F are actually located in the UK according to what I know but they won't sell it on their site. Right now it seems to only be available at best buy but I'm sure more will offer it later.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/first-4...-blue-brown-black-tan/5731031.p?skuId=5731031

Ah okay haha, cheers anyway. Anyone know where they have offered in the past for the uk for other items? Is it as simple as keeping an eye on amazon, or do they go with sites like forbidden planet etc?

Oop, there's one, thanks man. Will bookmark for later.

So I've got a quandary on my hands. I was checking to see if my order had updated to receive same-day as release, and it was still showing this:

GdMoKqP.jpg

So I messaged Amazon support asking if I could change my shipping speed so that I receive the package on the day it's released, and this is the email they sent in response:

I think they said no? Because, somehow, they are unable to change the shipping on their end?

This especially sucks because I've already put in for time off that weekend so I could poopsock the hell out of BotW, but if both of my Switch versions ship late I'm thinking that I won't have the fortitude to wait and will just grab the Wii u version to play it on in the interim.

What the fuck is up with Amazon and Nintendo stuff?

So I've got a quandary on my hands. I was checking to see if my order had updated to receive same-day as release, and it was still showing this:

So I messaged Amazon support asking if I could change my shipping speed so that I receive the package on the day it's released, and this is the email they sent in response:

I think they said no? Because, somehow, they are unable to change the shipping on their end?

This especially sucks because I've already put in for time off that weekend so I could poopsock the hell out of BotW, but if both of my Switch versions ship late I'm thinking that I won't have the fortitude to wait and will just grab the Wii u version to play it on in the interim.

What the fuck is up with Amazon and Nintendo stuff?

not just amazon the same thing happened with toys r us for me. If the included game comes wrapped in plastic then I might just buy a copy from gamestop on release day and then return the copy I get in my special edition so that I don't have to wait.

spekkeh

Banned
I'm so annoyed they don't sell the carrying pouch in Europe, that's the only reason I'm interested in the special or limited edition.

So what are the chances that Amazon gets at least the SE back in stock? If there is a chance, how can I get notified the second it happens? I ask because Amazon's email notification sign-up thing never works on time.

wiibomb

So what are the chances that Amazon gets at least the SE back in stock? If there is a chance, how can I get notified the second it happens? I ask because Amazon's email notification sign-up thing never works on time.

I believe there are always people who cancel these before launch and because of that, the SE or even the Master Edition can appear, however since they are so very few, they would go out in a blink of an eye, specially for people who has scripts running to order it automatically.

I would say yes, but your chances of actually order one are almost non-existent...

7 days ago I got this email from Amazon.ca:

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on January 27, 2017::

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition - Switch"

Still want it? We'll keep on trying. You'll still be able to cancel at any time before we ship it. If you want to cancel the item now, please click the link below:

And since then my order status shows this:

Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

This happen to anyone else's order on Amazon.ca? Should I expect it to update and fix itself before release, or does it look bad? I don't have much experience with Amazon Canada.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is this coming to EU?

The EU Limited Edition comes with just the Master Sword statuette and the Sample Soundtrack CD. It's the least worthwhile version of the lot imo. I even cancelled my preorder because £40-50 for a just a display piece was too much for me and I'm someone who displays loads of collectables.

eXistor

The EU Limited Edition comes with just the Master Sword statuette and the Sample Soundtrack CD. It's the least worthwhile version of the lot imo. I even cancelled my preorder because £40-50 for a just a display piece was too much for me and I'm someone who displays loads of collectables.

Still pissed over that, the moment I found out the EU one was basically shit, I checked everywhere online to find either a Japanese or US one, but they were already sold out, (or just too expensive with shipping + import fees). I'll get the EU CE, but I'm not too happy with the whole situation.

oti

Banned

Yep, makes way more sense to buy some amiibo instead and hope for a stand-alone release of the OST.

wrowa

Yeah, I still have it pre-ordered, but I can't see myself actually keeping it. Every time I see the order I can't help but think that it's really not offering much to justify the price.

I'd definitely have preferred the American Special Edition with the bag and map, since the bag in particular is something I'd actually use.

Still pissed over that, the moment I found out the EU one was basically shit, I checked everywhere online to find either a Japanese or US one, but they were already sold out, (or just too expensive with shipping + import fees). I'll get the EU CE, but I'm not too happy with the whole situation.

I am offering the Japanese Collector's Edition in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread. I think it would cost you around 100 Euro total depending if Amazon quotes the order import fees or not, but the good thing is if they don't then you're guaranteed not to pay any (they'll take care of it).

Looks like Amazon is canceling Master Edition preorders if buyers bought more than 1. I'm seeing a lot of rage on other forums about this XD

oatmeal

Banned
Still super pissed I didn't get one. If it's because dickheads were ordering multiples I will be more annoyed.

Have the special edition paid off st GameStop already. Would sell st cost and buy master if it became available in a heart beat.

lol Welp
Had two pre ordered
One to play
One to keep sealed
The dream is dead

Lol all those listings on eBay for sellers that had more than two

Wait until Friday morning or Wednesday during switch launch week
All those that didn't pay will get canceled

LiK

Eh. One person with the rest being reasonable isn't "a lot of rage". If anything, more people are trolling the poster than anything else.

seems like a recent development. guess we'll see if more people chime in later. they should be happy they got one at least.

akileese

seems like a recent development. guess we'll see if more people chime in later. they should be happy they got one at least.

There's a subset of CAG who are pretty much nothing but resellers so I'm sure we will. It's not as large as people make it out to be though. Their community is mostly pretty chill though and just like messing with people who feel they were wronged for not being able to gouge people.

mjc

If people are complaining that their duplicates got cancelled...tough tits. It's super annoying to see all the scalpers and collectors out there who just want an extra one to sit there sealed.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
lol Welp
Had two pre ordered
One to play
One to keep sealed
The dream is dead

Lol all those listings on eBay for sellers that had more than two

Wait until Friday morning or Wednesday during switch launch week
All those that didn't pay will get canceled
so its because of you >:O

Top Bottom