• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zod has been cast. Kneel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebron

Zoramon089 said:
Why can't we just have a Superman movie with Braniac? Is that too much to ask for?!
We almost had him with shitty Tim Burton's flick and again with Singer's planned sequel. It's a sign, we never getting him.

Mononofu

Keyser Soze said:
The girl is from Stargate Universe

hIarG.gif

Elyse Marie Levesque? Never watched SGU.

DMczaf

Rabid Wolverine said:
Hopefully they add one more villan but ffs, give us something new.

That was Superman Returns problem.

No, Superman Returns's problem was that Superman had no one to fight physically.

Zod is the opposite of that problem.

B.K.

Rabid Wolverine said:
Hopefully they add one more villan but ffs, give us something new.

I hope Zod is the only one. The more villains a super hero movie has, the worse it is.

Whatever. I'm just glad their going to have a super villain this time. Luther is cool but the biggest action scene Superman had the last movie was a plane falling out of the sky.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW SUPERMAN COMES FROM KRYPTON AND HIS HARDSHIPS GROWING UP AND THEN FIGHTING LUTHOR/ZOD

G-Fex

WonkersTHEWatilla said:
Aw man I was hoping for Lex Luthor. I don't think he's in enough Superman movies.

We need more evil giant super computers that can turn people into robots.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Meh. Zod is okay, but there are much better choices that need to hit the screen first.

I think Snyder was probably telling the truth about Zod not being the main villain. Zod is going to unleash Doomsday, who is going to be the main villain.

That said, I would much rather have seen a movie with Brainiac as the villain, with maybe some setup for a Darkseid focused sequel.

KidDork

I'm fine with it. This allows Superman to fight Zod one on one, and it shows what a dark side Superman would be like. For a new reboot of the series, Zod's simplicity makes him great for new audiences: he's just like Superman, but an asshole.

Darkseid is bad ass but other than that every Superman villain is pretty much shit. Zod is at least interesting from a villain point of view. Who else could you guys possibly want?

ZeroGravity

B.K. said:
I hope Zod is the only one. The more villains a super hero movie has, the worse it is.
This is a terrible argument and has no basis in reality. A good script, among other things, can always make multiple villains work.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
It's been 30 damn years and the only new Superman villain we've seen in theaters is Nuclear Man.

Ugh.
I saw Superman IV the other night, and sadly The Greatest American Hero had better special effects.

ZoddGutts

BruceLeeRoy said:
Darkseid is bad ass but other than that every Superman villain is pretty much shit. Zod is at least interesting from a villain point of view. Who else could you guys possibly want?

Uh

zips8l.jpg

The guy who destroyed Superman's birth world.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
BruceLeeRoy said:

I just want a villain who doesn't have to defeat Superman using some Kryptonite and a "fiendish" trap.

womp

"I see you are practiced in worshiping things that fly....................................good"

Stamp could still play the role, give it to him.

limey-main-title.png

Oh and the Donner cut sucks. :(

Slayven

BruceLeeRoy said:
tumblr_lf9myv66Yi1qc0f2fo1_500.png

WillyFive

Morn said:
A R rated Superman where Superboy Prime flies around and punches peoples heads off would be awesome.

That's the same type of extreme that Superman Returns was, except in the exact opposite direction.

It will not be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom