• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi U pics + footage

cacildo

Do you think when your character gets bitten and still survives he starts to cry or gets crazy before he turns into a zombie?

Yagharek

Ive been watching Walking Dead and have read World War Z in the past couple of years. The thought of a game doing those sorts of real world things in a self contained narrative is really appealing to me.

Part of me wishes this had remained as Killer Freaks, but given what has been seen so far, I don't think Zombi U will be a letdown in terms of what we might have had.

Hopefully it sells well and they can flesh it out further down the line with more persistent online campaign content. Survivor outposts and quarantine breakdown chaos would be unreal.

Ive been watching Walking Dead and have read World War Z in the past couple of years. The thought of a game doing those sorts of real world things in a self contained narrative is really appealing to me.

Part of me wishes this had remained as Killer Freaks, but given what has been seen so far, I don't think Zombi U will be a letdown in terms of what we might have had.

Hopefully it sells well and they can flesh it out further down the line with more persistent online campaign content. Survivor outposts and quarantine breakdown chaos would be unreal.

I can't see it not selling well mate. It should easily do over 1m imo.

I still think we'll see Freaks later on down the line too, hope so anyway because the humour was right up my street.

ugoo18

5 little known facts about ZombiU

1. You can shoot zombies in The Tower Of London (Has to do with a newly revealed area in the game)

2. Dead Space's writer is on board

Anthony Johnson, comic book author and writer of the original Dead Space and Dead Space Extraction has been hired to help Ubisoft with ZombiU.

3. Your character will improve the longer you survive

"Each character you play gets progressively better at handling weapons. For instance, the more your current survivor plays with a hand gun, the faster he or she will be able to draw, shoot and reload, accuracy will improve and kickback decrease. If this survivor dies, the next survivor you play will have to learn these skills for him or herself all over again."

4. Leave secret messages for your friends

5. ZombiU inspired by Resident Evil, 28 Days later, Skyrim, I Am Legend, Dead Set, Shaun Of The Dead and Dark Souls

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/40417/features/5-zombiu-facts-we-learned-today/

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Those 5 facts made me more excited for the game! Maybe I should plan on getting a Wii U after all. Glad to see something new.

Even if it's a sequel from a game from 25 years ago.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
5 little known facts about ZombiU

1. You can shoot zombies in The Tower Of London (Has to do with a newly revealed area in the game)

2. Dead Space's writer is on board

3. Your character will improve the longer you survive

4. Leave secret messages for your friends

5. ZombiU inspired by Resident Evil, 28 Days later, Skyrim, I Am Legend, Dead Set, Shaun Of The Dead and Dark Souls

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/40417/features/5-zombiu-facts-we-learned-today/
I guess you got these from the new french interview. There's another big thing confirmed: they want to make the GamePad speakers an integral part of the fear factor, just as much as the second screen adds tension. They give an example: when you play on the TV, the GamePad will bip when a Zombi is detected on the radar. Will you keep your eyes on the TV, or take the risk to look down on the radar and see where the Zombi is?

That is exactly the kind of feature I envisioned in my Steve Jobs post. Extra sounds coming from the GamePad can add a lot to games.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I get to play this next Thursday, and I'm extremely excited to finally get my hands on it. In my spare time I am currently playing Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare while reading Volume 7 of The Walking Dead graphic novel, so I'm totally in the Zombie-mood.

http://www.egmnow.com/hiphopgamer/zombieu-poses-fierce-competition-against-dead-space-survival-horror-has-changed/

-NPC's progress the stories
-sandra wants to leave london
-the prepper(?) wants to stay in london.hes the guy talking to you in the pad and helping you survive
-the royal doctor (doctor of the queen of england) hes trying to find a cure
-they have to have an actual -PAUSE- because nintendo demands it (this is good because games need to be paused) you just cant pause to search menus. its more of a phone rings let me pause

Maybe it will get ported someday.

That's what I'm hoping. Made by Ubisoft, right? I wonder how likely that is.

Either way, this game looks really cool. I was hoping to only get 1 console next gen. (Currently I have all 3, and a PC, and TBH, I barely have time for one of them, and spend what time I have, on PC) So that means I'll probably miss out on it. But it's tempting.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.

Either way, this game looks really cool. I was hoping to only get 1 console next gen. (Currently I have all 3, and a PC, and TBH, I barely have time for one of them, and spend what time I have, on PC) So that means I'll probably miss out on it. But it's tempting.

Maybe if the other next gen consoles have a touch screen. It seems it would be hard to translate one of the games more original features(backpack) to the ps360. Even with the smartphone, or vita controllers the lag would be unbearable.

Maybe if the other next gen consoles have a touch screen. It seems it would be hard to translate one of the games more original features(backpack) to the ps360. Even with the smartphone, or vita controllers the lag would be unbearable.

Maybe, but chances are they would strip it down and do it in a more traditional way, IF there was no alternate way.

...but there probably will be.

port begging is strange for a game that was Killer Freaks from Outer Space
KuGsj.gif

Ubisoft did say that not all WiiU launch titles are exclusive but they did also hype that they are going to put heavy support behind this console

It is not impossible to see this on something else, but hopefully no one gets themselves banned over this game for asking

I like the way HipHopGamer over sold this game it needs the hype, so far it could turn out to be a sleeper hit or just scary enough to make known Horror IPs look bad because they have gone to high action and explosions for their next titles

port begging is strange for a game that was Killer Freaks from Outer Space
KuGsj.gif

Ubisoft did say that not all WiiU launch titles are exclusive but they did also hype that they are going to put heavy support behind this console

It is not impossible to see this on something else, but hopefully no one gets themselves banned over this game for asking

I like the way HipHopGamer over sold this game it needs the hype, so far it could turn out to be a sleeper hit or just scary enough to make known Horror IPs look bad because they have gone to high action and explosions for their next titles
Sooo... who you talking bout?

diamount

Banned

Don't know honestly. The latest splinter cell wasn't released on the PS3 due to some exclusivity rights with Microsoft so maybe it's similar. Not a common practice with Ubisoft at any rate.

Sucks for people that don't need to go to the toilet I guess. Others, such as myself, will welcome this addition.

Lmao, the toilet is awesome, so that is excusable. I just like the idea of creating a safe environment for you to take a break, while keeping the game in the back of your mind at least. Like in Dark Souls how the game never actually stops for you, and it creates a certain element.

Top Bottom