• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi U pics + footage

GDGF

Soothsayer
For instance, the more your current survivor plays with a hand gun, the faster he or she will be able to draw, shoot and reload, accuracy will improve and kickback decrease.

Soothsayer!

take it as a little rumor from Italy

there Are voices of zombi u in bundle with the console,
Two bundles ... One for the hardcores and one with nintendoland for the casuals

bye guys

NateDrake

bye guys

Would be interesting if true. White Wii U with Nintendoland and Black Wii U with Zombies U, perhaps?

Effect

Would be a good idea if true. I would hope Nintendo would realize if they include a pack-in they have to include something that would appeal to both groups of customers they want to keep. Both games show off the controller but are clearly aimed at different groups. I rather have a ZombiU bundle if I could pick and it was given as an option. I have no use or desire to touch another mini-game collection.

I'd be all over a ZombiU bundle because I'm planning on getting both on launch day. Not too sure where I'm going to get the money from to get everything I want:

Black Wii U
Pro Controller
ZombiU
Darksiders 2
Assassins Creed 3
Rayman Legends
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Lego City Undercover
Aliens Colonial Marines
Rabbids Land
Arkham City
Pikmin 3

Anyone know of any banks in the London area that are going to be easy to rob..? Lololol

luffeN

I'd be all over a ZombiU bundle because I'm planning on getting both on launch day. Not too sure where I'm going to get the money from to get everything I want:

Black Wii U
Pro Controller
ZombiU
Darksiders 2
Assassins Creed 3
Rayman Legends
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Lego City Undercover
Aliens Colonial Marines
Rabbids Land
Arkham City
Pikmin 3

Anyone know of any banks in the London area that are going to be easy to rob..? Lololol

I think I will buy the following:

Black Wii U
Pro Controller
ZombiU
Darksiders 2 (maybe)
Assassins Creed 3
Rayman Legends
Lego City Undercover
Rabbids Land
Pikmin 3

Edit: Damn.. that would be costly.. rethinking xD

bye guys

Hell yeah I'd buy this. Though the debate continues... would I get a white or black console/ If ZombiU only came with a black Wii U, would I still buy it? Hm.

Hearing that death chime from the toilet had my living room filled with piss and anguish. I want that feeling again on Wii U :^(

Hahah, so true.

I think I will buy the following:

Black Wii U
Pro Controller
ZombiU
Darksiders 2 (maybe)
Assassins Creed 3
Rayman Legends
Lego City Undercover
Rabbids Land
Pikmin 3

Edit: Damn.. that would be costly.. rethinking xD
Yea that will destroy your wallet lol..
Im just going for a pro controller..nsmb wii u, pikmin 3..and zombi u (maybe)

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
why are you folks not putting NSMBU on your list? What is wrong with you!?!

bye guys

man, I so hope its true

which one to pick...uhm...I got to think a lot about this one. Ok, enough. The zombie one, right now, here, in my pants

one thing for sure: if launch lineup is as good as it seems (which I doubt), I'll be spending about 500£ on this thing, day one

Roo

Yup, they've done it before, although that was donkeys years ago.

ZombiU is going to be a system seller imo so a bundle would make sense.

it definitely will be.
I can see ZombiU being one of the top 3 best selling games from the first gen of games for Wii U.

AzaK

Quick question. Why are you guys buying Pro controllers? Is that for splitscreen play, or are you planning on ignoring the gamepad for games typically used with a "standard controller"?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Quick question. Why are you guys buying Pro controllers? Is that for splitscreen play, or are you planning on ignoring the gamepad for games typically used with a "standard controller"?

the second one, and when I don't need to stay away from the television because someone has to watch Eastenders

actually, there's a third one: it looks so damn sexy

1st of all its sexy...

2nd of all its sexy.

man, I so hope its true

which one to pick...uhm...I got to think a lot about this one. Ok, enough. The zombie one, right now, here, in my pants

one thing for sure: if launch lineup is as good as it seems (which I doubt), I'll be spending about 500£ on this thing, day one
Idk the repetitive boring art style draws me in! :eek:

it definitely will be.
I can see ZombiU being one of the top 3 best selling games from the first gen of games for Wii U.

I wouldn't go that far. Nintendo's own offerings could very well outsell it. NSMB and NintendoLand in particular. Then you have Just Dance and Wii Fit U, both of which could well be million+ sellers

Top 3 3rd party titles? Almost assuredly provided the quality is there.

Emhemed

Looking good but I have come to learn not to trust a game made by Ubisoft on a Nintendo hardware, only good reviews wil make me buy this game

1. It looks awesome.
2. To play split-screen with my little brother.

Effect

It's a Mario game that can be gotten any time. It's not like Nintendo won't keep it in stock. Also I'm sick and tired of 2D Mario. I have more then enough of them that I can play from New Super Mario Bros Wii to the NES original on my 3DS and every other one in between in some form or another. I don't need or want another one. I don't even care about New Super Mario Bros. 2. I want a game that will show off the system's power or control. NSMBU does neither of those in terms of single player0. Local multplayer is worthless to me as well. NSMBU is a game that Nintendo knows will sell and that to me is just them wanting to get as much money as they can for the least amount of effort. I personally do not want to be taken advantage of like that. I want to be sold on games and nothing has sold me on NSMBU at the moment.

Roo

I wouldn't go that far. Nintendo's own offerings could very well outsell it. NSMB and NintendoLand in particular. Then you have Just Dance and Wii Fit U, both of which could well be million+ sellers

Top 3 3rd party titles? Almost assuredly provided the quality is there.

Yeah, I'm just talking about third party games

Hiltz

I don' think Nintendo would bundle a Ubisoft game or any third-party game with the Wii U console. It seems like Nintendo Land would have a better chance of being bundled with a Wii remote plus than with the console.

It's a Mario game that can be gotten any time. It's not like Nintendo won't keep it in stock. Also I'm sick and tired of 2D Mario. I have more then enough of them that I can play from New Super Mario Bros Wii to the NES original on my 3DS and every other one in between in some form or another. I don't need or want another one. I don't even care about New Super Mario Bros. 2. I want a game that will show off the system's power or control. NSMBU does neither of those in terms of single player0. Local multplayer is worthless to me as well. NSMBU is a game that Nintendo knows will sell and that to me is just them wanting to get as much money as they can for the least amount of effort. I personally do not want to be taken advantage of like that. I want to be sold on games and nothing has sold me on NSMBU at the moment.
Well its good to know that from you.

AzaK

Zombi U bundle should be a black Wii U black box art with red bloody WiiU logo

And if they do it it has to come with this (Black GamePad of course)

LM1jv.jpg

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
I would buy a Zombi U bundle and then get Nintendo Land later.

I don't really understand the hate behind Nintendo Land, I think it looks like a crap ton of fun. Going through old Zelda levels in a new style with friends just sounds too good to pass up. Also, I don't think of these games as mini-games, but more like smaller game experiences... it's not like WarioWare or Mario Party here, it looks more in depth than that.

btw, The DK game also looks like a ton of fun. Something I would play in my bed for hours. ;D

But yes, Zombi U. Bundle. Got.

goomba

Banned
I would buy a Zombi U bundle and then get Nintendo Land later.

I don't really understand the hate behind Nintendo Land, I think it looks like a crap ton of fun. Going through old Zelda levels in a new style with friends just sounds too good to pass up. Also, I don't think of these games as mini-games, but more like smaller game experiences... it's not like WarioWare or Mario Party here, it looks more in depth than that.

btw, The DK game also looks like a ton of fun. Something I would play in my bed for hours. ;D

Agreed, i think its a cunning way for Nitnendo to introduce non gamers to gameplay with more a bit more depth (than Wii Sports/ Play) as well as the franchises themselves so lead them into being fans of such franchises.

AzaK

I don't hate Nintendo Land but it's no way an "everyone" game like Wii Sports was. I know that there will be quite a bit of reluctance for family to play a game that's more gamey and complicated with the controls. They might enjoy it once they get into it, but the games are fare more complicated on the whole (Maybe not Castle and DK) that it will be a harder sell to non-gamers.

pixelpai

Neo Member
how many life does person have in this game? like how many individuals? Was there anything said about it?

as far as i understand: umlimited. What bothers me is, that in all the videos i've seen so far, it seems as if the people you wake up as, are predefined: unkown -> Lucy Cox -> Caleb Patel

I'm not sure, but "Lucy Cox" seems to be in every footage. Maybe this is just a "its a demo" thing.

I wouldn't doubt it if it's just for demo purposes. I've heard them say many times that the person you wake up is randomized every time. (As far as the game goes that is)

coughlanio

Wii U Launch Day is going to be an expensive one for me. I'll be taking the day off work for sure..

ZombiU
Darksiders
Assassin's Creed
Lego City Undercover
Batman: Arkham City
Mass Effect 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

I'm speculating on alot of those games being available at launch, but all seem like likely candidates..

If the asymmetric multiplayer for ZombiU allows pointer controls then I won't bother getting one otherwise I'll be getting it purely for ZombiU's local multiplayer to begin with. Plus, as everyone else has already stated, it does look pretty sexy lol.

Scanna

gosh yeah, this game seems really interesting
as of today, i'd buy
Wii u Black
Pikmin 3
Scribblenauts Unlimited
AC 3 (either here or xbox)
maybe Zombi U, Rayman or Mario
Why all the criticism? it was definitely poorly showed at E3, but we have a very very good launch line-up here

New interview with Ubisoft on ZombiU for nintendo-gamer.net:

http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/07/25/interview-ubisoft-reveals-more-info-on-zombiu/

Of all the games heading to Wii U during the launch window, ZombiU is possibly the one we’re most eagerly anticipating. A Wii U exclusive FPS set in London during a zombie invasion, developed by the team behind Rayman Origins and Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter? Count us in.

To find out a little more about the game, we got hold of the game’s Producer Guillaume Brunier and its Senior Script Writer Gabrielle Shrager, and grilled them with some of the toughest questions we could think of. Then we realised those questions were nothing to do with ZombiU so we sent them some easier ones about that instead.

NINTENDO GAMER: ZombiU has clearly changed a lot since its original inception as Killer Freaks From Outer Space. Why was the decision made to make the change from small killer creatures to zombies?

UBISOFT: As we developed Killer Freaks from Outer Space, the deeper we got into creating features specifically designed to make the most of the Wii U, the more we realized how perfect the Survival Horror genre is for the console. Then we just got more and more excited as the game concept grew almost organically. The shift in creative vision gave us the opportunity to deliver a game that would include both the gameplay features and compelling story elements we think gamers will be thrilled by on Wii U.

NG: Based on the original details for Killer Freaks, it seems that it was originally going to take place in various locations around the world. Was the decision to focus mainly on London a case of quality over quantity?

UBI: Killer Freaks was much more of an arcade-style FPS, so its was natural to propose several settings. So yes, in a way, to build a Survival Horror game that offers a credible experience of surviving a zombie apocalypse one immersive setting is more appropriate.

Also, we love London. The biggest banking metropolitan in the world is a city of many contrasts, where medieval meets modernity in terms of both architecture and tradition. There’s lots of opportunity for cool backstory and rich environments. A zombie game is an great opportunity to draw people deeper into this utterly fascinating city, a city steeped in bloody tales and grisly history.

We’re working with Antony Johnston on the script, acclaimed British comics book author and writer of Dead Space and Dead Space Extraction among other great games to help us get the most out of this tremendous setting and its unique characters.

Cheers for the link to the interview, might have read it before though.

Can't believe that I'm so pumped for Ubisoft titles for a console launch!

watershed

Banned
Interesting remarks about the story and characters as that seems like one of the biggest unknown factors at the moment.

Top Bottom