• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi U rated in Taiwan as Zombi for XB1, PS4

Hellraider

The importance of the second screen is really, really blown out of proportion. Zombi won't be a worse game without it.

Scanning could easily have worked the way it did in games like Metroid Prime or Resident Evil Revelations.

Radar gimmick on the one hand made you feel safer that it should whenever you were taking a look at your inventory on the other it got annoying pretty fast because of the birds and rats. That was probably intended but it really didn't work as they had hoped since enemy encounters weren't as dynamic as their whole idea needed them to be.

QTE, minigames and turret will definitely be better without it.

Inventory management was cool but nothing that can't be done with the menu hiding the centre of the screen while blurring your peripherals.

DirtyLarry

The GamePad integration was not so important because of what it was doing, but because of the added layer of tension it created. Looking away from the screen, whether people realized it or not, added an extra level of tension that no other games with real time inventory management has been able to achieve prior. While they can easily pull it off from a technical perspective, the game is going to lose a bit of what made it a unique experience. I am actually surprised so many people are trying to argue otherwise.
Yes, they can do everything without the Second Screen, but the end result is going to suffer as a result.

Very interested to see how this will play out on current gen consoles.

Also the next OT should be "Zombi |OT| With or Without U"

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The GamePad integration was not so important because of what it was doing, but because of the added layer of tension it created. Looking away from the screen, whether people realized it or not, added an extra level of tension that no other games with real time inventory management has been able to achieve prior. While they can easily pull it off from a technical perspective, the game is going to lose a bit of what made it a unique experience. I am actually surprised so many people are trying to argue otherwise.
Yes, they can do everything without the Second Screen, but the end result is going to suffer as a result.

I experience far more tension playing Alien Isolation, and that's an onscreen tracker the player has to bring up.

SerTapTap

yeah

Melee is really only meant as a last resort but unfortunately the game throws the player in deep water in the beginning.

Uh you can beat 95% of enemies in the game with the bat and I assume very very many players did, it's one of my biggest complaints about the game. The whole rationing thing can lead you to melee which sucks fun-wise but works well enough, so you can get stuck paying a boring but extremely effective and safe game of whack a mole.

foltzie1

So zombii was timed exclusive?

Maybe Bayonetta2 will get this treatment. At this point, I could see it happening.

Maybe, but that depends on the publisher agreement with Nintendo for Bayonetta 2.

Ubisoft only had to decide that it wanted to spend whatever extra it would cost to port the titles and rework them to not rely on the Gamepad. It needed no permission from Nintendo.

I experience far more tension playing Alien Isolation, and that's an onscreen tracker the player has to bring up.

Yeah, I feel a lot of people are overselling the tensions of having the gamepad like it's impossible to replicate the tension. I own and played ZombiU, but the gamepad was more of an annoyance to me, TBH.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Roguelikes/Souls style games are more popular now than when the game first came out. It seems like a sound idea to get the game on some more platforms

Nah, Souls was super popular when it came out. Problem was: It targeted the worst platform for those people. People aren't going to go out and buy a Nintendo console for a game/style they can get on their PS360/PS420.

foltzie1

Bayonetta 2 will never be on anything else other than Wii U.

Mass Effect 1 was eventually released on the PS3. I have no idea what the deal was between Platinum and Nintendo for Bayonetta 2, hence the it depends on Nintendo. This is a nice way of saying, not going to happen, but for all we know it was a five year publishing arrangement,

Mods: Sorry for moving off topic.

Melchiah

Nah, Souls was super popular when it came out. Problem was: It targeted the worst platform for those people. People aren't going to go out and buy a Nintendo console for a game/style they can get on their PS360/PS420.

Precisely, and that's why I think it could sell pretty well on the PS4/XBO, if the price is right.

Kriken

Maybe Bayonetta2 will get this treatment. At this point, I could see it happening.

Bayonetta 2 will hit the PS4/XB1 the same day Zelda arrives on the XB1 and Mario hits the PS4. In the meantime, you can anticipate a Demon's Souls and Bloodborne PC port announcement on that same day

jholmes

Ahh, first MH3U now Bayonetta 2. Remember kids, port-begging is a bannable offense, unless of course the game is a Wii U exclusive and you really want it.

Those two are in not even in the same catagory, Nintendo literally paid for the development of Bayonetta 2 and would not exist without their help compared to ZombiU which was published by ubisoft.

biteren

Bayo 2 is probably never gonna come to any other platform, which is why i have no choice but to get a Wiiu so i can play it.

ive been though this discussion before, no use port begging.

Mass Effect 1 was eventually released on the PS3. I have no idea what the deal was between Platinum and Nintendo for Bayonetta 2, hence the it depends on Nintendo. This is a nice way of saying, not going to happen, but for all we know it was a five year publishing arrangement,

Mods: Sorry for moving off topic.

For all we know it had actual advisors from Nintendo involved and they paid for it. So no, you wont see it anywhere else. No one ever mentioned something something about 5 years.

SFenton

Smartglass/PS4 equivalent pleeeeeease. Let me have my Surface/Galaxy Note/hell my phone sub for the Gamepad. Even if it's just an option alongside controller-only. Just don't make it controller only :(

EDIT:

Zombi |OT| With or without U

Zombi |OT| Back From The Dead

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Bayo 2 is probably never gonna come to any other platform, which is why i have no choice but to get a Wiiu so i can play it.

ive been though this discussion before, no use port begging.
You know I onced said the same thing about Resident Evil 0 but look at it now 14 years later it's finally getting ported so I guess we just have to wait until license agreements expire or Nintendo stops renewing it (if they have to) but I'm going hope for an NX port because I refuse to buy another Wii U (gave away my 1st one).

greg400

Banned
nope thank you very much

Your loss, one of if not the best action game ever made.

You know I onced said the same thing about Resident Evil 0 but look at it now 14 years later it's finally getting ported so I guess we just have to wait until license agreements expire or Nintendo stops renewing it (if they have to) but I'm going hope for an NX port because I refuse to buy another Wii U (gave away my 1st one).

Published and funded by Capcom, not Nintendo

biteren

well in the event of Bayo 2 being ported somehow happens

Best case Scenario is that ill be extremely surprised

Uh you can beat 95% of enemies in the game with the bat and I assume very very many players did, it's one of my biggest complaints about the game. The whole rationing thing can lead you to melee which sucks fun-wise but works well enough, so you can get stuck paying a boring but extremely effective and safe game of whack a mole.

You can by why?

Hell I barely used the bat after I got my second gun. Hell once you get the crossbow you hardly ever need to bust out the bat ever again except in an emergency

Top Bottom