• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombie Army Trilogy |OT| Nazi Zombies (no, not that one)

Pimpbaa

Stereoscopic 3D works great on the ps4 version, performance may be a little better than Sniper Elite 3. Also really enjoying the game itself.

I'd love to play this in 3D, but I never bought a 3D TV back when they were all the craze a couple of years ago. I bet those slow-mo bullet cams look fucking epic in 3D.

goonergaz

yeah, I managed to snag one being sold cheap at work (42") - stuck it in the bedroom for my 3D PS3 play, glad some PS4 games are finally getting some love!

This game gets major style points from me. There is really nothing else like it. Put Sniper Elite, Evil Dead and Return to Castle Wolfenstein in a blender and there you go.

I genuinely can't think of a mash-up that could get me more hyped for a game. Seriously. Sounds so good.

Ordered the game on disc yesterday. It's going to be tough waiting for it to arrive, I can tell.

AkuMifune

Banned
Someone should have just told me this was WWII L4D and I could have avoided it. ;)

Picked it up largely on ironcreed's shilling enthusiasm, as am genuinely enjoying it. Finished the first campaign and aside from a few nitpicks it's a lot of fun. I really like the aesthetics and think they go a long way on selling the tone. So yeah, it's hella satanic nazi zombies, which is great. Looking forward to trying it out co-op when I have time, hope the community is there for it.

I know the "story" is largely throwaway, but it would have been fun to see the actual science/ritual Hitler used to enact Plan Z.

Fury451

Banned
Someone should have just told me this was WWII L4D and I could have avoided it. ;)

Picked it up largely on ironcreed's shilling enthusiasm, as am genuinely enjoying it. Finished the first campaign and aside from a few nitpicks it's a lot of fun. I really like the aesthetics and think they go a long way on selling the tone. So yeah, it's hella satanic nazi zombies, which is great. Looking forward to trying it out co-op when I have time, hope the community is there for it.

I know the "story" is largely throwaway, but it would have been fun to see the actual science/ritual Hitler used to enact Plan Z.

It has a single player component? Thought it was strictly co-op.

I have the first on Steam but never got to it. I was planning on getting it for PS4 but I'm trying to convince a few friends to join me first.

AkuMifune

Banned
It has a single player component? Thought it was strictly co-op.

I have the first on Steam but never got to it. I was planning on getting it for PS4 but I'm trying to convince a few friends to join me first.

It's a lot like L4D in that it has a campaign you can choose to do solo, but probably a better idea to tackle them in co-op. Especially on the higher levels. I'm pretty sure the campaign levels are the same between co-op and SP, but someone else can confirm.

So is there matchmaking or invite only?

Both. The options I remember were Quick Match to select a level/campaign and private match to invite.

Also a horde mode I haven't tried out.

ironcreed

Banned
I hate to keep hyping this to the moon, but I really can't believe it is getting so little love. Rebellion has struck absolute gold with this game.

Fury451

Banned
It's a lot like L4D in that it has a campaign you can choose to do solo, but probably a better idea to tackle them in co-op. Especially on the higher levels. I'm pretty sure the campaign levels are the same between co-op and SP, but someone else can confirm.

Both. The options I remember were Quick Match to select a level/campaign and private match to invite.

Also a horde mode I haven't tried out.

Thanks for the information on both accounts, I will pick this up as soon as possible done. Maybe I'll post back later with my ID if anyone is looking for extra players online.

FatalT

Banned
I don't have much money at the moment but I LOVED the original nazi zombie games in PC. I'm wanting to get this on PS4 with the $40 plus discount so I can get my girlfriend to play with me. It seems like from this thread everyone is loving it though so I might have to bite. When I heard about it last month I told myself I would try to find the money for it.

jesu

Shipped at midday my email said, so a slim chance it will be here tomorrow.
As long as I've got it for the weekend I'll be happy anyway.

Stanng243

I think the important question is: Can you shoot the balls off a zombie, because it looked like you could in the trailer.

ironcreed

Banned
I think the important question is: Can you shoot the balls off a zombie, because it looked like you could in the trailer.

Yes. You can trigger the X-Ray shots in other various areas as well. Puncturing lungs, the heart, etc. And if lined up right, you can even watch a flattened slug exit the body and take out another zombie behind the first one.

Nokterian

Pretty excited for this came as a big surprise and just received a e-mail my PS4 copy has been send! If more people are getting it for PS4 please add me! :D

Krakn3Dfx

Played the hell out of the first two installments on the PC and bought the trilogy on the ps4 as soon as it was up. Great game, amazing co-op experience.

Moofers

I'm at work and I just want to go home and shoot zombies from a quarter-mile away. Somebody halp.

I streamed for about an hour last night on my PS4 via Twitch and I can see the broadcast on my twitch account as if its there to be watched, but it never loads. Is there still a problem with archiving PS4 broadcasts, or was that resolved?

Pookmunki

Same as others, I went from zero to hype.

Played 5 minutes earlier, I can tell im going to love this and it was a great decision to take a punt.

Brits / EU add me if you like, psn: Pookmunki

Same as others, I went from zero to hype.

Played 5 minutes earlier, I can tell im going to love this and it was a great decision to take a punt.

Brits / EU add me if you like, psn: Pookmunki

Adding you now. I'm not playing it at the moment due to my Dying Light addiction, but I'm definitely going to need people to play with as none of my friends are interested.

gooface

Banned
I wonder if more people will play this on PS4 or PC... I have only one RL friend that has a PS4 and I am trying to get my friends interested into getting this game.. (mostly they all own PC only)

gooface

Banned
Does anyone know if the keys Nuuvem are selling for NZA2 are region locked or not?

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1494-sniper-elite-nazi-zombie-army-2

If I can get one from them I'll grab this with the discount.

they usually say on their pages if they are region locked or not.

I'd say its good to buy it from there, I plan on doing that myself after work so I can get it for $18 (plus the $10 for buying it from there) I still save $3-4 dollars doing this.

I see you get points for kills based on headshots, combos etc - is there a XP system (eg perks) or weapon / upgrade system?

MattyG

Banned
they usually say on their pages if they are region locked or not.

I'd say its good to buy it from there, I plan on doing that myself after work so I can get it for $18 (plus the $10 for buying it from there) I still save $3-4 dollars doing this.
Yup, just bought it and it redeemed fine. Just bought Zombie Army Trilogy too. Come ooooon, Friday!

Ahhh, I wish they'd titled it Sniper Elite: Zombie Army Trilogy so they were all together in the Steam library. Boooo.

gooface

Banned
Yup, just bought it and it redeemed fine. Just bought Zombie Army Trilogy too. Come ooooon, Friday!

Ahhh, I wish they'd titled it Sniper Elite: Zombie Army Trilogy so they were all together in the Steam library. Boooo.

Great to hear,

I dont really care about them all being next to eachother since the trilogy has all the content of the first two games in it. I am only getting the 2nd one to get the $18 steam price.

NIN90

Anybody with the 60% discount on Steam wanna gift the game to me in exchange for Paypal money? Shoot me a PM if you are down for it.

Top Bottom