• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

Veitsev

I had no interest in the PS3 until PSN had a bunch of awesome/unique games.

I had no interest in the 360 until I saw geometry wars/oblivion/condemned.

I thought the DS was going to be the worst idea ever and had no interest in it, but then I got it and played 100s of hours of games on it, it's awesome.

I thought my vita was going to be amazing but so far I've been disappointed.

I thought my dreamcast was going to be supported/amazing for 4-5+ years! Well that didn't happen.

If ZombiiU and another game or 2 seemed amazing I'd gladly eat my words flip and buy a system to keep and enjoy.

But hey collusion or conspiracy right?

Lets just drop this now before we derail this thread. I'll go ahead and take your word here.

SeanNoonan

McKayla Maroney is ATOMIC hot, like I can't put into words how hot. Young, super tight and toned, super flexible, an ass you could bounce a basketball of, gorgeous face, holy mackerel...
Creepy post is creepy :D

...if I can't get a WiiU today I am going to just play Left 4 Dead and just look away from the screen every time I find a new weapon or item. That'll show 'em!

I am watching the quick look and the game definitely does not seem like a 4'5 to me at all. That said, I think I will wait for more reviews and GAF impressions.

kunonabi

I am watching the quick look and the game definitely does not seem like a 4'5 to me at all. That said, I think I will wait for more reviews and GAF impressions.

Yeah the quick look was exactly what I want out of Zombi U and horror games in general. It seems to share the same mindset Alone in the Dark(X360) had and I loved that game.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I haven't been following this thread closely enough, but have there been any GAF impressions at all?

A swarm of reviews should be up in 24 minutes.

Same. I'm only interested in the game cause it has the same vide as the walking dead (the show) where you actually have to try to survive not just blast zombies heads off as you tour the map. But zombiu also has real potential to be wiiu's red steel...

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I haven't been following this thread closely enough, but have there been any GAF impressions at all?

A swarm of reviews should be up in 24 minutes.

Hour and a half in, good (not great yet). Lots of potential, great use of the Gamerpad. Really good atmosphere, but mixed graphically. Very slow-paced, but can get really tense at moments. From here on out I could see it becoming somewhat repetitive or really awesome. Either way, no way is this game a 4.5.

King_Moc

Banned
Not really too bothered about what the reviews say on this one, the video's make it look like my kind of game.

I was watching the stream when he went into that party. Was pretty funny.

Trigger

I'm not seeing all the Dark Souls-esque qualities that previous discussions mentioned. The combat doesn't seem that engaging.

madmackem

I'm not seeing all the Dark Souls-esque qualities that previous discussions mentioned. The combat doesn't seem that engaging.

I dont think it was ever meant in the context of the combat, its in the die you die game mode, leaving clues for other players and it being more of a slow always on the edge of death gameplay.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Does anybody else hate it when you find things in places they shouldn't be? Hey, I collected two bullets out of the dumpster! Not a big deal, but it ruins the immersion factor for me a bit....

Trigger

I dont think it was ever meant in the context of the combat, its in the die you die game mode, leaving clues for other players and it being more of a slow always on the edge of death gameplay.

Yeah, I see that now. lol, maybe it's just the guy streaming it that is turning me off.

Creepy post is creepy :D

...if I can't get a WiiU today I am going to just play Left 4 Dead and just look away from the screen every time I find a new weapon or item. That'll show 'em!

:lol can't believe that post is still getting quoted, had no idea she was 16

Anyway, I want to rent this so bad but blockbuster is fucking dead and I dunno about gamefly, never used it.

Donnie

Wow I've rarely seen a game with such a variety of scores. Poor games don't tend to get that many 8-9 out of 10's so I assume its good but one of those love it or hate it games. If you go in wanting a sort of zombie survival simulator you'll love it. But if you go in expecting an action FPS you're going to hate it.

Mirk

Don't know if this has been asked(tried search nada) With the Me as a Zombie. Anyone know
where the photos you make go? I check Uplay nothing. Me and my gf made some awesome pics and I would like to have them. :(

still have cancelled my preorder,eurogamer review make me recapacitate

its a ugly game with flawed things but under that seems to be a good game...

some impressions from gaffers?

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm only about 30 mins in and i'm loving it so far... challenging, great ambiance, I think the graphics are perfectly fine. Love the use of the wii u gamepad. Still developing impressions but it's stellar for a launch game.

Dartastic

Sad that the review thread is on the front page and this is way on the third, because this game is awesome so far. Love the atmosphere, love the game pad integration. I really feel kinda tense playing this. Very happy with my purchase. 4.5? BAHAHAHAHA

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
How much are people dying so far? Anyone who thinks its too easy? Basically my only fear with the game.

So, skills don't carry over, but... do weapon upgrades?

How much are people dying so far? Anyone who thinks its too easy? Basically my only fear with the game.

Your character is basically paper. It is easy to get overrun and die. I'm about 3 hours in, and I'm on my fifth survivor.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So, skills don't carry over, but... do weapon upgrades?

Your character is basically paper. It is easy to get overrun and die. I'm about 3 hours in, and I'm on my fifth survivor.

Thats nice to know. From the Giantbomb quicklook that was about 1 hour in the middle of the game, it didnt seem like he really needed to die at any point.

I'm stuck! Anyone know what needs done to get to the
Buckingham Palace gates after clearing out the supermarket. I went back to Tht Bricks Market area to where the hoard used to be and came upon a keypad that needs a code. There are some symbols nearby but fuck me if I can decipher what I'm supposed to do.

I'm enjoying the game though big time. About two and a half hours in and I have'nt died yet thought I came close when the
Zombie hoard invaded your safe house

So yeah, I'm still using the opening survivor.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I feel so stupid. Can't find the damn card key at the very fucking beginning. >> It's probably the only place I haven't checked for it. Help?

Played a couple hours of this earlier. It's damn good, but I totally see why it's so polarizing. If you go into it expecting a shooter you're guaranteed to hate it. The controls are designed specifically to work against you intentionally. Think original flavor Resident Evil going in and you'll get an idea whether you're going to like it. Extreme item management, lots of fetching things, unforgiving difficulty.

"But why am I forced to use this cricket bat all the time?"
Basically the same thing as "why is it so hard to shoot this zombie in the head?"

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Played a couple hours of this earlier. It's damn good, but I totally see why it's so polarizing. If you go into it expecting a shooter you're guaranteed to hate it. The controls are designed specifically to work against you intentionally. Think original flavor Resident Evil going in and you'll get an idea whether you're going to like it. Extreme item management, lots of fetching things, unforgiving difficulty.

"But why am I forced to use this cricket bat all the time?"
Basically the same thing as "why is it so hard to shoot this zombie in the head?"

could STALKER be a good analogy? Because combat in that game was intentionally clunky

Top Bottom