• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

Okay guys, here you go. Quick and dirty so apologies for any spelling mistakes. Hope this transcript is okay - just tell me if it's against the rules and I'll take it down.

Basically what I expected. A solid start that shows tons of potential for a sequel, but a good game in it's own right.

Hell for a Launch game I'd say that's well above the norm.

Thanks for the trranscript. Can't wait for it to come to Europe.

Jesus Christ it's a fucking FPS. It's not like there's some mechanics he needs to be educated in.

Strictly speaking it isn't an FPS, it's an old-school survival horror game mostly in first person perspective. The Gamespot reviewer comes across as someone that was expecting an action game, like Left 4 Dead or Dead Island, rather than a survival horror game. His negative points he's mentioned in his review would be negative points for a traditional FPS or action game...but positive points for an old-school survival horror game.

It seems to me that unlike the world and his wife he was expecting a COD Zombies/Left 4 Dead/Dead Island experience rather than an early Resident Evil/Fatal Frame/Silent Hill experience.

And it's not as if Ubisoft have made the fact that it's an old-school survival horror game secret. They've said right from the beginning that the game is going to be scary, it's going to be difficult and you're going to die. A lot.

Still, it's only one bad review out of three so far, and I'm pretty certain - going by hands-on reports and Tweets from reviewers - that this 4.5 score is going to be an anomaly.

ElRenoRaven

I wish he would just have a heart attack and get it over with. Is that bad?

Jesus fucking Christ. A ban was well deserved. That's the kind of shit you find people spew on twitter or youtube comments to people. Not cool one bit. It's a damn review. It's his opinion. You can say you don't agree with it but wishing death on him. Just....just fuck. What the hell is wrong with you that you'd wish death on someone for a review?

That said. Bring on this game i say!!!! My copy is prepping to ship from Newegg. I really hope it's in by Thanksgiving. The long weekend is perfectly play time.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
You spawn with the cricket bat, and can pick up guns/ammo along the way/from your previously dead zombie.

Maybe he just plain sucked and always died thinking it was COD or Left For dead and thats all he ever had....

He than decided since he sucked and it wasn't his taste he reviewed it poorly. Thats what I am hoping. I wasn't expecting a solid 10 from it, but if its half as hard as Dark Souls and it has
additional weapons than Im sold on it.

PS reading my Scribblenauts manual right now waiting for 9am tomorrow..

okay is there some kind of offsite mission control where you guys are getting these talking points from

They have an IRC chat, seriously. I've never been there or even know what dark crevice of the Internet it's located, but I know it exists because I saw a transcript of their E3 chat this year and it was... horrifying.

AzaK

I mentioned the big possibility of this game being a complete dud a long time ago.

Disappointed if it turns out to actually be the case. The GS video review really did make the game look like a fucking chore to play.

Not trying to defend either way but they'd make the video clips to fit the text, so if he thinks it's mundane, they'll obviously cut together mundane video.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Oh man, now that it's confirmed it's up on the eShop day one I'll probably end up buying it on impulse. I really do enjoy more slow paced games like this, so I think I'll enjoy it for what it is.

Jac_Solar

He spent like *$400 on heroine to "get through election week" and when he told GAF, from the reactions he realized he has a problem.

Get well, Ami.

But he said he's coming back on Tuesday from rehab. A few days in rehab for heroin addiction? Even if it's something else, a few days for an addiction is weird. Or is he going into detox? The reason I ask is because I think I've heard similar stories about rehab in the US - as in, it only lasts for a few days.

Rootbeer

Banned
reviews by damned, this game will be in my possession in 9 hours. If nothing else it will provide a nice change of pace between games of Nintendoland and NSMBU :d

StevieP

Banned
Watching someone play an FPS with confined intricate environments with dual analogue really frustrates me. It looks so cumbersome.

This is the only reason I won't be purchasing this game. I won't go back to an inferior method to play first person titles. If they port this to PC, it's mine. No Wiimote IR support for any first person title on Wii U = no buy no matter how good it could be.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Scribblenauts Unlimited and Rayman Legends are the only known retail games to run at native 1080p.

BlankaBR

Banned
Watching that giant bomb video makes u realize the gamespot comment about the fighting mechanics seems to be accurate, you just hit and wait hit and wait, very tiresome and boring it seems. My hype for this game is down

Looks to be a methodical cover your ass game, in the vein of Souls. So negative reviews, more than likely didnt like dark souls either. The Quick Look looked good, I personally like that style of game, that makes you scan, and be wary all the time. So, I'll see how it does and maybe pickup next week. Looks decent though. I will say I think this is the best reviewed line up I've seen though, Batman, CoD, Assassins, Mario, Madden, Scribblenauts. IDK how anyone can complain with all that.

Top Bottom