• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

Damn I need to get better at this game. I'm at
Buckingham Palace
, I don't think that's very far in the game, is it? Let me know. I was finally getting the feeling I was getting somewhere and then bam, a random swarm of zombies, like 5 or 6... I didn't manage to survive.

Tips to get better? I can manage the encounters when there's just one or two, but these sudden swarms... I just can't handle em.

Damn I need to get better at this game. I'm at
Buckingham Palace
, I don't think that's very far in the game, is it? Let me know. I was finally getting the feeling I was getting somewhere and then bam, a random swarm of zombies, like 5 or 6... I didn't manage to survive.

Tips to get better? I can manage the encounters when there's just one or two, but these sudden swarms... I just can't handle em.

A tip for swarms of zombies I've used is unless there is a machine gun around, you won't be able to take the all out and the game wants you to run, which you should. Don't trap yourself in a single room because you'll be fucked. Run back out of the area and usually only a few will follow, thus taking them out 1 v 1, or 1 v 2, is much easier.

Also, if you don't have enough ammo/weapons, it's not a waste of time to visit old areas again to see what you missed. You need to be prepared for certain areas. Also the molotov cocktails are great! Throw them at a group, set the zombies on fire, and they each will die with one cricket bat smash.

Thanks. Yeah I thought to hell with it and ran, then came in a room on fire and trapped myself there. Damnit. This game is making me feel like a noob when it comes to gaming.

oatmeal

Banned
Did anyone actually beat that opening intro thing?

I got destroyed at the ladder, had no time to get acclimated to the controls.

Thanks. Yeah I thought to hell with it and ran, then came in a room on fire and trapped myself there. Damnit. This game is making me feel like a noob when it comes to gaming.

I know what you mean. I think we've all grown so accustomed to the idea of when we encounter enemies in a game obviously they are meant to be killed right then and there. ZombiU does not make that the case.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Did anyone actually beat that opening intro thing?

I got destroyed at the ladder, had no time to get acclimated to the controls.

First time I got pulled down at the ladder too. I didn't run enough and it took me a minute to even realise they gave me control.

oatmeal

Banned
I'm excited to jump back in...this time, I'm going to make it.

Fuck.

(EDIT)
Wait, can you scan your face into the game for use on a zombie? Or what was the point of that zombie face thing at E3/Jimmy Fallon?

Downhome

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I love this game so much! I just started playing it, but it has already won me over and I'm barely into it.

How often will they be posting in game messages such as these?

YfvFK.jpg

kIP3I.jpg

jaaz

Holy crap, it took that long since launch for someone to beat the game? Is it that hard? Please tell me it is.

Wii U is a gift for my kids, so can't play Zombie U (MY gift) until Christmas. Going crazy here.

Meelow

Banned
I'm only little in the game so far since I want to finish AC3 on Wii U first but I think Zombi U is a good game so far.

Downhome

I started the game, playing for the first time, in survival mode. I really shouldn't have done that, but it has made it even that much MORE intense.

freddy

Banned
Anyone got anything to say about this? Is it noticeable?

Stephen Totilo said:
We don't have an example of ZombiU for you to listen to, but it does smart things with the dual-audio possibilities as well. As you play that first-person shooter you might hear the voice of the Prepper—essentially the guy giving you orders from a remote location—through your GamePad, while the sounds of the zombies you're fighting come from your TV. When you hold up the GamePad and use it to scan the room your character is in, the bleeps and bloops of its sensors emanate from the GamePad's speakers.

NickMitch

This guy is streaming Survivor Mode now. (Hardcore mode; when you die, it's Game Over). He just died after 2,5 hours and is just starting over. He doesn't talk much.

http://www.twitch.tv/Qik1

Thats a great stream. I watched almost the entire play of that 2,5hrs of play. Awesome game. His death was so "oh no! Oh my god" from my part.....damn it was intense...1 life adds so much tension and thrill. And in combination of that leaderboard.......

I started the game, playing for the first time, in survival mode. I really shouldn't have done that, but it has made it even that much MORE intense.

Thought you had to complete the game first to unlock that..?

I'm going to be playing the PS1 SKUs of the first three Resident Evil games in preparation for a week Friday. The series really went downhill when the voice acting and scripts improved...maybe number 7 should address those issues..? :Oo

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This guy is streaming Survivor Mode now. (Hardcore mode; when you die, it's Game Over). He just died after 2,5 hours and is just starting over. He doesn't talk much.

http://www.twitch.tv/Qik1

Haha. He's a bit risky in his playthrough. Taken out last time trying to smash zombies crawling through. Didn't check his back and got taken out easily. I'd rather not confront the horde and live longer.

Roo

is there a subtitles/change language option for this game?
I don't mind playing it in english but playing it in my native language would be ideal

Downhome

Thought you had to complete the game first to unlock that..?

Nope, it's right there when you start the game. You click story from the main menu, then you have two options on how to play - normal (or whatever it's called) and then the survival mode up under that one.

Nope, it's right there when you start the game. You click story from the main menu, then you have two options on how to play - normal (or whatever it's called) and then the survival mode up under that one.

Aw, I thought it was Normal and Chicken..? And then Survivor Mode was unlocked after you've completed the game. Oh well, going to be Normal for me first anyway lol

Mistle

(cross post from release thread)

Question:

If I plug headphones into the Gamepad, would headphones also play the sounds that come out of the TV? For example, I want to play Zombi U at night, but can't turn the TV volume on. If I mute the TV and plug headphones into the Gamepad, will I still hear everything? Or just Gamepad specific sound effects?

EDIT: already answered. apparently it does! awesome.

Probably around half way through the game. Fucking scared the piss out of me in
the nursery when the nurse showed up. Especially when she fucking jumps when you go to loot her. Haven't been so damn scared in a game in a long time.

So far, I'm pleased. I wasn't expecting much, but it's a good time. That being said, it still shows that it's a launch game.

Great game of risk and reward. I had one of my survivor's pistol skill all the way leveled up. Decided to go grab a molotov, and game decided to throw 4 zombies at me. Poor survivor didn't make it out. RIP.

Honestly, what other games are like this? This may be another "zombie apocalypse" type game, but it's a survival horror game at its core. Scrounging for bullets and any item to help you stay alive, much more slower paced and methodical than most FPS games with limited weaponry.

I know it's too early to tell but do you guys think this game will sell well enough that a sequel will be in the cards???

I notice on Miiverse that it's fairly popular.

Kevtones

I know it's too early to tell but do you guys think this game will sell well enough that a sequel will be in the cards???

Anecodtal: I bought it at the Target in Signal Hill (Long Beach) and it was their last copy..?

Not really evidence obviously, but I think it's doing well so far. Launch sales are odd so give it the Holiday I think.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I'm absolutely loving this game. Finally got a good run going for over 2 hours, and I ended up killing myself trying to set.a trap with a mine.

2860 survival score. Can't wait to get back to it tomorrow.

antonz

People I have talked to in retail have said NSMBU and Zombi U are the biggest movers and COD is the one to round out the top 3.

I feel pretty confident that Ubisoft will find success with the game.

moondeath

Neo Member
So...
The game is bad and its excellent at the same time.
If you like shooter, this is not your game.
If you like classic survival, this is your game.
Gaming press did a poor job reviewing this game, it's hard to believe press at this time.

Question:
I loved Alone in the dark, RE:1, RE:2 and Silent Hill 1. May I buy ZombiU?
Thanks.

Top Bottom