• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

Mael

MiiVerse at the very least is a good way to find out from actual players if a game is good. Now I can be even less reliant on "game journalists".

Since you have a gaf account I don't think there's even a need to relie on the gaming media for anything.
I mean you even get the news fast here

Ryuuga

Banned
MiiVerse at the very least is a good way to find out from actual players if a game is good. Now I can be even less reliant on "game journalists".

It's funny because most of the community comments shared the same sentiments. "Don't listen to XYZ this game is awesome" from purchasers. I'd feel even less inclined to listen to them than I would with the gaming press. I'm sure many of us have been burnt by GAFhype for the very same reason. What are the comments like for Epic Mickey 2 for instance.

ffdgh

Posted on Ubi Monpellier's facebook wall ha

68398_198263376965372_575648069_n.jpg
Haha I love this.

Mael

It's funny because most of the community comments shared the same sentiments. "Don't listen to XYZ this game is awesome" from purchasers. I'd feel even less inclined to listen to them than I would with the gaming press. I'm sure many of us have been burnt by GAFhype for the very same reason. What are the comments like for Epic Mickey 2 for instance.

If you ask me I've got burned by the gaming media way more consistently than any community, and that include Gamefaqs.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Can you chat about a game you don't own?

If yes, Miiverse could be somewhat useful for opinions on a game.

If no, then it won't be of much use.

jaaz

I know the Wii U hasn't launched in other regions, but does anyone know if zombie players from other regions will show up in your games?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yes you can.

And Miiverse is incredible for many more reasons than that.

I know it's incredible for many more reasons. I was meaning game opinions specifically. It's good that you can hear thoughts from everybody. At least then there won't be an absurd bias.

Madouu

I know it's incredible for many more reasons. I was meaning game opinions specifically. It's good that you can hear thoughts from everybody. At least then there won't be an absurd bias.

There's also a little icon that tells you if the person who posted has the game or not which is a nice little touch in my opinion.

EatChildren

There's also a little icon that tells you if the person who posted has the game or not which is a nice little touch in my opinion.

That is a very nice touch.

Desiato

I'll ask this again:

I will be getting NSMBU at launch (Japan here), since it's a safe bet. But this game has really peaked my interest. The only thing that might prevent me from getting it is if it were a short game (often happens with launch games). So, does anyone have any idea how long this game is? Anyone beat it yet?

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'll ask this again:

I've put about 11 hours in and I still probably have at least a quarter of game left.

Judging by the photos that people post on the miiverse, I'm pretty sure I'm farther than most. I play conservative too, I explore every area and I backtrack to open hidden rooms and whatnot.

So all in all, i think it's a lengthy game by any standard.

I don't predict any hour long speed runs ever.

Madouu

I've put about 11 hours in and I still probably have at least a quarter of game left.

Judging by the photos that people post on the miiverse, I'm pretty sure I'm farther than most. I play conservative too, I explore every area and I backtrack to open hidden rooms and whatnot.

So all in all, i think it's a lengthy game by any standard.

I don't predict any hour long speed runs ever.

I think Patrick from the Giant Bomb said he finished it in about 15 hours. Don't quote me on it though, I don't follow GB much.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Does anyone else feel like ZombiU is a hybrid of the original Resident Evil and Metroid Prime? (demon's/darksouls goes without saying)

This is seriously one of the best games I've ever played.

BD1

Banned
Just saw a screenshot on MiiVerse of a Dev Team spray tag announcing the very first NiN ID to beat the game.

MiiVerse is so cool.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

should have an official gaf ID (Didn't someone nab NeoGaf?) and start a post in each of the games' miiverse sections, and then we can all post in there. Like a super OT

Pyronite

Just saw a screenshot on MiiVerse of a Dev Team spray tag announcing the very first NiN ID to beat the game.

MiiVerse is so cool.

To beat the game in Survivor Mode, or to beat the game regularly?

I'm curious to see how quickly Survivor Mode is beaten.

Jarsonot

So uh.. Anyone else die a bunch of times really early in the game when the
horde attacks your safe house?

Cuz I did. A bunch. And it was pretty damn frustrating.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So uh.. Anyone else die a bunch of times really early in the game when the
horde attacks your safe house?

Cuz I did. A bunch. And it was pretty damn frustrating.

Frustrating for most people. I see people complain a lot about it on Mii Verse.

Best advice is to keep moving around and don't be afraid to use your gun. You can exploit places like the fence to the right of the safe house. Zombies will try to crawl under it and you can OHKO them while they're crawling. You can also hop back and forth over windows / ledges to slow them down. Just don't get corner.

smr00

Banned
Anyone know the download size on ZombiU? Thinking about buying it on the Eshop since i already have $50 sitting in my account.

Jarsonot

Yeah, my tactics were probably piss poor. =)

That and it's taking me a bit to get used to combat in this. I really like the tension and atmosphere, though.

It's usually pretty easy weed out the overhyped songs of praise. And it's not about the "game is awesome" posts anyway but the more in-depth impressions. I have been burnt by GAF a couple of times though, Flower for instance was proclaimed to be much more interesting and enjoyable than it turned out to be for me.

That is great.

So, can I take back what I said about understanding why the game is so polarizing and replace it with DERP?

Because yeah, this game is really damn good so far. If you love video games and play them for a living you should be capable of figuring out what this is all about in short order. No excuses.

How do I write on walls for others to see?
I picked up the spray can from a cabinet, it said I could write on walls but never really explained how.

Probably not spoilers, but better safe than not.

So, can I take back what I said about understanding why the game is so polarizing and replace it with DERP?

Because yeah, this game is really damn good so far. If you love video games and play them for a living you should be capable of figuring out what this is all about in short order. No excuses.

What I find is that this game feels so refreshing, in a very evil, sadistic, scary way. What other mainstream games put this kind of survival pressure on you aside from the souls series. We need more horror games just like this! You need to survive, you WANT to survive, and it terrifying that one mess up could do your character in.

dankir

Jesus fuck this game is stressful!!!! I don't know how many of you are playing with surround sound LPCM setups cuz my god it sounds fantastic.

Everything, the quality of the audio from the gamepad, the ambient noises, the music etc.

Absolutely fantastic package!!

Wii Tank

I'm absolutely loving the game so far. It's great and the atmosphere and tension you get from playing it are amazing.

My only problem with the game so far is the loading after you enter a new area. It gives you a loading screen and all but will usually only load the first room you're in and then take more time to load the rest. This isn't usually a problem as you move at a slow and cautious pace mostly but it can mean the end of you in an unfair way. For example (potential early game spoiler)
at the supermarket part after you leave the building and have to go back on to the safe room, I was greeted with that electrified shrieking zombie. He calls like 8 more zombies so my first instinct is to run back to the manhole and get out of there. I run past the zombies, duck under the fence and reach the door only to have it tell me it needs to load before the door will open. While I'm staring at the door dumbfounded, a zombie hops the wall over the fence and nearly kills me. Then I turn around to see 4 of the zombies I ran away from crawling through the fence. Now the door decides to open and I ran my ass off and made it to the manhole and fast traveled just in time.
It certainly made things tense, but I wouldn't call it fair to potentially die because of a moody door.

Reclaimer

Loving the game.

Finally decided it was pistol time, expecting a headshot would stop a zombie.

Sometimes it take a few direct headshots to kill one... This can't be right, is it?

Top Bottom