• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
IElq8or.jpg

To Love Ru Darkness 40

OH.

MY.

GOD.

Yami is a Yandere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praise Yabuki!

This is the best thing that could possibly happen.

Nah, it's nothing major. Just misread which utsotsuki manga the poster from the previous page was talking about.

For noragami itself, while I don't think it's amazing (some parts seemed too rushed just due to the structure of it), I still think that it has some really great art with fun action, plus it gets going once it introduced more of the concept of partner weapons and they delve more into the nature of the main character.

Also has this chick, just to drum up more interest. :p

Why not use a picture of manga Yukine? Hes the best.

Glass Rebel

Nanatsu no Taizai

Generitown super knight manga with tons of groping and a talking pig featured in the same magazine as Fairy Tail. You know what to expect.

upandaway

TLRD

So by the end of this there will be some kind of switch that toggles Yami between dandere and yandere? Of all things.

This is about as good as it could be

Akito

I'm watching the Noragami anime and even though the adaptation seems competent, the story is not exactly engaging and the characters are just... there, really nothing to write home about.

Elfen Lied v3
Oh hey, is this where Okamoto's breast grabbing fetish started? The writing is still seriously bad, they told that guy about a million time that they absolutely have to cut off his balls cause he's been infected and his future children might doom humanity but in the end they just let him be for no apparent reason.

Ok so...I read saint seiya the lost canvas. How's saint seiya episode G?

Like Erigu said its bad. I think Lost Canvas was a much better take on Saint Seiya.

Watch the 2 anime seasons they made. It was very nicely animated.

If only they made a season 3. ;_;

Fairy Tail

Whoa demons and bad guys winning. Good guys down the drain. Excited how they will even make a comeback when most of them should be dead lol.

Bleach
Read the MS version, so much better! Understood Rukia's power better. Wasn't bankai either which is scary.

HSDK
Dang Kenichi get some balls and confess to Miu. Then again he probably wants it to be private.

Big One

Banned
You actually prefer Foxy or the Mermaid/Fishman island over Rock Lee vs Gaara?
Foxy was pretty bad (still not as bad as most arcs in Narutu, though), but Fishman Island imo is beyond anything Naruto has ever done. Fishman Island had an arc with a pretty solid story with good closure and expanded on the mythos of the series effectively. Naruto has yet to ever do this in it's entire run maybe outside of the flashback for the 4th which was pretty good storytelling and still, till this day, is probably the best Naruto has ever been.

Vito

Banned
Takako Shimura (author of Sweet Blue Flowers and Wandering Son) recently tweeted and also summarized it on her blog, what her current plans are:

New series starting in April issues:

• Jump Kai (Jump X) (March 10th) - Musume no Iede: it's confirmed to be a sequel to her 2012 Girls Jump oneshot. (photo of the color illustration: link)
  • Comic Beam (March 12th) - Wagamama Chie-chan (tentative name)
(preview illustration: Comic Natalie
Oneshots:
  • Yomikiri Citron (magazine title) - a sequel to her oneshot Okite Saisho nisuru Koto wa (tl. The First Thing I Do in the Morning Is) from Fubin BL will be in it. I think the original even got translated.
She's surprisingly quite busy, as it was announced back in November, she also resumed Awajima Hyakkei, 50 pages were recently published in Manga Erotics F 85 (cover), while previous installments were published on Ohta's online site pocopoco (series was also mentioned by Wandering Son's translator Matt Thorn on his blog). It seems it's implied that the publication switch was simply for a one-shot, but that got cleared up. Next chapter should also be published in Manga Erotics F, in the issue out on May 7th (87th I believe) with a total of 3 chapters per year.

She also did a BL doujinshi Ani no Yuujin (hope I got the name right), sold at J.GARDEN 35 and later at Comic Zin (as far as I can tell it also has 8 pages of previous material reprinted plus 28 new pages). Among other small things she also drew a small tokuten for KUJIRA's first volume of Yasashii Hari.

Shimura really increased her web presence, I think I linked to all of the places except her tumblr. If you're looking for more of her work, legally you can get Happy-Go-Lucky days on e-manga (not quite sure how DMG's quality compares to the older unofficial translation), and the now defunct JManga published (aside from one volume of Aoi Hana) a collection of short stores called Kawaii Akuma (see if you can still find it). I'm somewhat unhappy about Fantagraphics and their Wandering Son printing fuck up.

TL;DR: I like Takako Shimura's work and her ship sinking mastery.

Vito

Banned
Ah, stupid copy paste, fixed the link pointing to the post.

Hm, I'll double check the Manga Erotics F info with Heiji, he can probably help me ask the author, maybe the wording in the post mislead me as it sounded as if she's resuming the series, but I think you're right about the one shot, I'll reword it.

I imagine future episodes are likely to be published online as usual.

So... never?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
img000041.png

Kono Oto Tomare! 12
#feels

Kono Oto Tomare! 12
Why is she acting all cute all of a sudden. Hopefully it doesn't turn into some huge chika harem.
I'm pretty sure out of everyone, she's going to end up with the club leader
or Houtsuki you know you want it

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

How the fuck did Haru even get like 2000 votes.

Haikyuu!! 94
tumblr_n0nm6zmxqV1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

Fun chapter of reactions from everyone, Kageyama faces continously make me laugh while the Kuroken moment made me chuckle, just Kenma's honest and how he is inwardly squeeing whenever he watches shorty play. Best friends across different teams.

Akaashi and Bokuto, hope they have some killer move next chapter.

Vito

Banned
Might as well repost the Nisekoi ranking with translation (and the valentine pic cause Tsugumi looks so <3)

Time to spam Tsugumi on twitter as well!

Chousuinou Kei 10
tumblr_n0nn9hzg6f1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Wow drowned dry was pretty hot there with Honmadaiki.

Was impressed with yet another program Kei was able to download to his brain and even use the Quantum Computer. Its getting to be a really creative series with actually intriguing mysteries. The end chapter cliffhanger even.

Atredeus

Neo Member
It's the best of the Author's works. everything else after that kind of falls flat.

While i didn't like MiXiM 11, i actually really enjoyed MÄR. Felt like a solid story tthat wasn't unnecessarily drawn out like a lot of other shounen series. Still, Flame of Recca is better.

Holyland volume 1-3

Art aside, which I'm not liking much, and Yu's character/attitude, which is annoying, I like the potentiality in the story. Even some of the info the author likes to give about the various fighting styles and techniques are nice, though I wish he would shut up about it somewhat instead of breaking the action constantly to give me an explanation I'm not really asking for.
It's cool to know some theory, it's cool to have an explanation, but the constant info blurting breaks the immersion and the pace of a street fight in which I'm more interested in seeing the fight and how the character decide to act, rather than why a move works or doesn't.

Holyland had a pretty good plot, some nice characterization and progression. But if you don't enjoy the technique exposition, it might start to grate on you. Overall, it's pne pf the better series that no one has read.

Erigu

I'll double check the Manga Erotics F info with Heiji, he can probably help me ask the author, maybe the wording in the post mislead me as it sounded as if she's resuming the series, but I think you're right about the one shot, I'll reword it.
It's apparently supposed to be the third episode, but the "yomikiri" wording doesn't make it look like it will be serialized there from now on.

So... never?
Well, she said "spring", but...

Soma

What is this about? That looks like it's worth reading assuming most of it is like that.

Comedy 4-koma about a girl who's really stupid and her friends/classmates that put up with her. It's really dumb but silly enough to get quite a few laughs out of me.

Soutaisei Moteron 11

Oh, so this is the ending. And it didn't really end I guessssssss.

Definitely more like oops we got cancelled so here's a boring chapter to wrap nothing up.

The series was pretty amusing when doing its own crazy trying to be popular thing and failing though the ending was pretty meh.

Aizo

Banned
Man, just make it. With an hour wait time you can make the dough in what, 10 minutes.
You know what I have in my apartment? Dry udon, peanut butter, jam, and bananas. I cannot make a calzone out of this. Also, Japanese people don't believe in ovens, so I don't have one of those.
Right now, I wish I did.
I'll find one for us; don't you worry.
And you can be part of it, too.
I believe I've posted with the twitter I made 4 years ago under 10 times. Most of them are tweets at Japanese bands I see.
the fact that Yuri Danshi remains untranslated is the greatest crime of all. up there with the khmer rouge & the cancellation of Me & The Devil Blues
And Blaster Knuckle.
Why you guys are so mean to me lately :(
I don't know if it's because of the avatar, but Lele is adorable sometimes.

wonzo

Banned
tetsuwan Girl 42-52

Holy shit, this entire volume was such a rollercoaster of emotions. I really don't like the sound of what Banks is planning but at least Royal got the short end of the stick. Still, at least one of those two better end up dead by the end of this.

Saying that, my only real complaint is how chest-thumping this got in the scene with Ranzaki & Bank's. The whole latent nationalism stuff about "we would've won the war" is really gross when you know the extent of Japan's utterly horrific war-crimes but the thing is, I can't exactly blame the Ranzaki or the cast either after Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and all the fire bombings that took place. :(

Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary 5

This had a better allusion to butterflies coming out of their pupa than Pupa!

And so, a new pervert was born.

WAT?!? More Death Note on the 10th of February?

Nisekoi 109

WTF Haru just jumped past every single girl into 1st place and gave up only to become more Tsundere upon seeing Raku? O_O!

I dunno how to feel about Haru's change of heart. Onodera is still number 1 girl for me but Chitoge is winning me over. But Tsugumi is the cutest.... ;_; Just kick out Marika and get the Harem Raku!

dumbyugi

Imori 201 ch7

I can't say I was expecting one of the police girls to be a lesbian. She also seduces/has sex with Aoba at the public baths. Main girl finally confessed to the MC but she was drunker then she usually is so I'm sure she won't remember next chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom