• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizo

Banned
Billy Bat (Raw)
perpetual.gif
In the grand scheme of things, this manga makes no sense.

Bleach

Looked it up and "nothing" happens ...

Sooo anyone mind explaining to me what's soo broken or unique about her Ice power?

In terms of physics, ''nothing'' happening is kind of a big fucking deal.

I'm LTTP on that chapter, but did they REALLY need to take half a chapter just for explaining the power?

In terms of physics, ''nothing'' happening is kind of a big fucking deal.

I'm LTTP on that chapter, but did they REALLY need to take half a chapter just for explaining the power?

Read the MS version, it should explain pretty well what happened because Rukia could reach Absolute Zero and actually move for 4 seconds.

I did read the MS version first ... and I still have no clue wtf is so great about moving for 4 secs at Absolute Zero or how her ice is better ice than that "cool boy's" ice tricks. Maybe it was hidden in one of those pages I skipped of he dude going on and on about how great fear is? IDK ... gonna try again.

Charade

Gunka no Balzer 20

That skirmish was great, really felt authentic. I have a feeling Balzer's ice-cold attitude is somehow going to be compromised in the future, though. Probably involving the students.

I did read the MS version first ... and I still have no clue wtf is so great about moving for 4 secs at Absolute Zero or how her ice is better ice than that "cool boy's" ice tricks. Maybe it was hidden in one of those pages I skipped of he dude going on and on about how great fear is? IDK ... gonna try again.

Ok at Absolute Zero all molecules stop moving. Imagine if anything in the universe had their molecules stopped. Its a fate worse than death. You simply cease to be so to say.

An empty void is technically what is left. ALL HEAT disappears from the object which removes motion completely.

Ok at Absolute Zero all molecules stop moving. Imagine if anything in the universe had their molecules stopped. Its a fate worse than death. You simply cease to be so to say.

An empty void is technically what is left. ALL HEAT disappears from the object which removes motion completely.

I am still drawing a blank here ... and how exactly is her being able tot move good in this case? Does that mean she just has 4 secs to "freeze" someone? Is it basically like being paralyzed?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No, it's like being totally erased from existence.

You would undergo complete and total disintegration because the eletromagnetic forces keeping you together stop so you turn into stray electrons and protons.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I am still drawing a blank here ... and how exactly is her being able tot move good in this case? Does that mean she just has 4 secs to "freeze" someone? Is it basically like being paralyzed?

Rukia can still move at Absolute Zero conditions. Her blood was frozen meaning the Fear didn't effect her through her wounds. That and freezing herself made all attacks useless against her because their molecules of reishi was stopped completely.

Paralysis would be temporary. With Absolute Freezing you could never move. Technically you can never heat yourself back to movement either.

Its kinda like anti matter in that regard or being frozen in time completely.

Your frozen body might be there but you are a blank space.

Haly

Btw you wouldn't be able to see anything at absolute 0 because photons would be robbed of all kinetic energy and even if they weren't you would be able to "see" because your own nervous system is frozen as well. No

Basically nothing happens and everything breaks down like with time stop abilities but NO MANGA EVER ACKNOWLEDGES THIS BECAUSE WHO THE FUCK CARES THIS IS A STORY ABOUT DEAD PEOPLE HITTING EACH OTHER WITH SUPERPOWER SWORDS. LOL "RESEARCH" AND "BELIEVABILITY".

Haly

I had the equivalent of 4-5 shots of rum cut me some slack plz charizard guy.

upandaway

I had the equivalent of 4-5 shots of rum cut me some slack plz charizard guy.
It took me like 2 years to be able to stop myself from using "literally" excessively in front of Grimace. Hell I'm still getting the urge to do it sometimes. No slack will be cut!

I can let you slack my cut if you want though

Haly

Are you saying rum is the key to learning physics?

I don't know, you'll have to ask a real physicist I am what's known as a "poseur". Note the "eu", indicating French!

The thing is "absolute zero" is a THEORETICAL IDEA and for all intents and purposes PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE because the laws of physics as we know it would break down at that point. It's not just "very cold", it's "we don't know what the fuck is going on here".

But kubo don't care, not that he ever did, not that he ever will.

I'm looking forward to the glorious return of Zombie Hunter after this shit is done.

Lain

Am I the only one here who reads noragami?

Because you guys should get in on that. Even though the story telling can be pretty messy at times.

I read it too, though I'm not reading the scans so I'm stuck at volume 3.
I'm liking it too, mostly to see the past of the dude and because the story is becoming interesting with the introduction of that whip girl.

Eusis

Btw you wouldn't be able to see anything at absolute 0 because photons would be robbed of all kinetic energy and even if they weren't you would be able to "see" because your own nervous system is frozen as well. No

Basically nothing happens and everything breaks down like with time stop abilities but NO MANGA EVER ACKNOWLEDGES THIS BECAUSE WHO THE FUCK CARES THIS IS A STORY ABOUT DEAD PEOPLE HITTING EACH OTHER WITH SUPERPOWER SWORDS. LOL "RESEARCH" AND "BELIEVABILITY".
They clearly do enough research to sound impressive! Kind of like Yamamoto going as hot as the sun.

Billy Bat (Raw)

In the grand scheme of things, this manga makes no sense.

That's why Pluto is one of his best works, because he was somewhat restrained doing a remake and couldn't do asspulls as he wanted.

I left Billy Bat after 20 chapters, thinking of doing one binge read once it's finished.

Cool gif btw.

Shengar

That's why Pluto is one of his best works, because he was somewhat restrained doing a remake and couldn't do asspulls as he wanted.

I left Billy Bat after 20 chapters, thinking of doing one binge read once it's finished.

Cool gif btw.

It become trainwrecked though
after Gesitch's death
Should add an original character to make the last two volume better. It still of my favorite manga though despite its shortcoming.

I don't know, you'll have to ask a real physicist I am what's known as a "poseur". Note the "eu", indicating French!

The thing is "absolute zero" is a THEORETICAL IDEA and for all intents and purposes PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE because the laws of physics as we know it would break down at that point. It's not just "very cold", it's "we don't know what the fuck is going on here".

But kubo don't care, not that he ever did, not that he ever will.

I'm looking forward to the glorious return of Zombie Hunter after this shit is done.

Of all the things that annoyed me about that chapter, that ranks at the bottom.

Nordicus

Denkigai no Honya-san 1-5.5

Guys, guys. This series is too good. Picking out highlight pages as I read this, I ended up with over a dozen by the end of chapter 5. It's cute, pervy, hilarious, and I'm getting slight Working!! vibes from it. It's largely a workplace comedy, taking place in a bookstore. That doesn't stop them from making a chapter about a watergun fight though, with a mascot called SSD-kun

Anime WHEN?

You know people are making fun of Rukia getting this OP power. But Bleach is likely to be ranked really high in the next TOC because this was a Rukia chapter. Japan loves their Rukia. lol

Erigu

That gif explains Billy Bat perfectly: interesting to follow, yet makes no sense. Like, at all.
"Interesting to follow"?

The Bat told us to go there! Quick!
Now, we have to do that! Maybe! To save the world! Or change history! Or make sure it doesn't change! Who knows, as there's no way in hell to tell if we succeed or fail anyway!
Besides, there are two bats: a white one and a black one! Not, not "good" and "evil", it's a lot more complex than that! Or maybe it really isn't. Anyway, point is: we don't even know which bat to trust, as they're only called "white" and "black" and actually look completely identical! See, when you think the plot is contradicting itself, that must be why!
Now, the Bat is showing us something that's going on elsewhere or in the past! If only that actually mattered to us, the characters!
Ah, but wait! We have our next destination! Let's get moving!

Rinse and repeat, add some pretentious/silly historical/pop references here and there, channel Shyamalan (remember his character in Lady in the Water? the writer who'll save the world because "holy shit, writing, holy shit, let me show you how awesome it is (and I am)"?) and Lindelof/Cuse ("if you thought the mysteries ever mattered, you were reading it wrooooong!"), and you're done.

For some reason, it never occurred to me to read Pluto. Now I'm doing it, and it just happened that I decided to listen to The Final Cut by Pink Floyd for the first time. I can't take all these feels, I just can't. Norse #2 ;_;7

neoanarch

If I understand this correctly, 3-gatsu no Lion resumes in Young Animal, next issue there's a special chapter Gigantomakhia (I assume this is after the 6th chapter) so no Berserk lol

https://twitter.com/earlbox/status/432102798650392576

Was it one a break? Not that it matters I don't think it will ever get a steady translation until an anime is announced. Translation is currently 6 volumes behind and its been almost an entire years since a chapter

Yowamushi Pedal

Nothing like a good sports manga to get the blood pumping. Two volumes worth or hot blooded sports shounen action. Its almost too much at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom