• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

New Prince of Tennis 119 - I've long since forgotten why I read this.

I'm not even sure I read it anymore, maybe I just look at pictures and fill in bubbles myself. I don't even know.

Koe no Katachi 25 - k.

Assassination Classroom 77

Pretty dull as some no name that everyone forgot and had the worst performance matriculated from 3e to 3a. His plot is kind of unoriginal as well, so hope his miniarc is only two chapters at best.

Soul Catcher(s) actually tackled it much better.

Nordicus

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 13

Adventures of Pocket-sized Class Rep: The HNNNNG-ening

Y6Tnh6h.jpg

I think JUMP is finally getting an actually relevant and fantastic series. I wish it was serializing in WSJ as it is going to be one of their best series yet.
tumblr_n0w6l7Esc01qbxqfpo1_500.png
I called you out on that kn MH brah. I think it would be a good replacement when Kuroko ends later this year. Sports action and brahs for the yaoi crowd ala The Basketball Which Kuroko Plays, Prince of Tennis and Mr. fullswing.

Mortemis

Banned
Naruto

Lol at this chapter. Oh hey I'm madara, I'm gonna spit out the very thing that'll lead to my demise! :lol

The guy over sasuke is clearly Yamato. He finally broke out and wants revenge against everyone who forgot him.

Naruto 664

Madara nooo.

You were doing so well.

Might be upset if the guy next to Sasuke turns out to be an Uchiha.

And Minato's failures as a father continues.

Bleach 568

Predictable outcome is predictable.

All it served is to make Rukia weak (again) and another constant reminder that Byakuya should have died.

Lain

Holyland v16-18 [END]

Well, finished reading this and I'm a bit disappointed.
First thing first, the fights were cool and the street mentality worked. Yu was also cool when he was in the concentrated mentality/confidence mode.

What rubbed me the wrong way was that Yu wavered too much at some points and it felt executed more for drama than because it made 100% sense. Even the whole thing with Shogo felt stretched too far.
Then, the author's penchant for interrupting every fight to give long explanations about moves, stances etc. Is this wrong? I think that in general it isn't, but it's a matter of execution. The way he executed it was annoying. If it was something that came out of, for example, Izawa or Shogo or someone else as an explanation of why a move/stance/whatever was dangerous/good/bad, I could have accepted it better, but coming from the author, and phrased in a way as if he was just an onlooker himself... it made it feel like what he really wanted to do was make a manual about martial arts an then somewhere along the way he picked the wrong direction and ended up making a manga. I know that it's most likely wrong, but it's how I felt every time I was reading one of those explanations.

One other thing that I didn't like is the way Mai was saved. I'm happy she was saved, but I couldn't shake the feeling that it was a bullshit cop-out save because of the way the events were set up. Basically, I find it hard to believe that Shin and Shogo managed to get to her in time after all the time Shin spent to try to even get to Shogo to ask for help.
To this I add that Yu letting them kick his ass instead of going on a rampage, not even entertaining the cliché "yeah, we'll free her, right after we've gangraped her". I mean, they're scum, who'd believe they'd keep their word?

And we come to the conclusion. The conclusion was OK, but left a bitter taste in my mouth, because it's like... Yu is now roaming the roads to help the people like him and isn't with Mai (she's shown waiting someone, but we're not shown her make, I dunno, an happy face as Yu walk the other direction, or as a shadow waiting for Yu after he's helped the young dude). Maybe they are still together, but it's not shown in an explicit way and, after everything, if they are together (like they should) I'd want something explicit to show it.

All in all, it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. All I can say about it is, there's some wasted potential as far as I'm concerned and it makes me sad.

Articalys

You know what this Naruto chapter just reminded me?
The chapter where Neji died was over a year ago. One year and a couple months, actually.

Naruto

I think Gai is going to die soon after seeing this chapter. The only option I can see as to how to get out of this situation would probably be an all out Hachimon Tonkou against Zetsu and Madara.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So from what I'm reading in the impressions, Madara just did something stupid to ensure Naruto could defeat him.

Meaning the only way for the nigh-invincible villain to lose is by being an idiot. Amazing writing!

Bleach 568
Rukia finally has her big moment, and her Zanpakuto turns out to be OP as hell. I mean, absolute zero. Nothing moves and everything dies. She even explains that she needs to slowly freeze herself to avoid bursting her cells. Everything was perfectly planned. Nah, just kidding. The Fear survives because he only fears Big Boss.

I am amused by the fact that the Fear turned into a Silent Hill monster. As much as I like those Nietzsche ramblings on fear, it seems a bit much. Though it is ruined by Byakuya's entrance. It's round 2 and we all know who the obvious victor will be. All those eyes make me think this is an allusion to Byakuya's fight with the Zommari.

Naruto 664
God Mode Madara is now Aizen-tier. So much so that he tosses away some of the Six Sage's tools, which I thoroughly expect to bite him in the ass. First getting rid of his immortal, infinite chakra zombie body, and now this. Great to see that getting all that power means that Madara is slowly getting stupider.

Honestly, I expected Minato to return the other half to Naruto and failing to revive him (so Naruto will have a dramatic revival back from the dead). Black Zetsu stealing the second half of Kurama caught me by surprise. Can't say I saw that coming. I am interested in the identity of that figure by Sasuke is. By the way, what ever happened to that crow that Naruto ate?

UQ Holder 22

This arc is pretty good the whole way through. Kuromaru and Totas renewed faith in one another was really special, while the action was pretty great. His arms still are quite cool this early in the series

Amikami

Banned
Naruto 664
God Mode Madara is now Aizen-tier. So much so that he tosses away some of the Six Sage's tools, which I thoroughly expect to bite him in the ass. First getting rid of his immortal, infinite chakra zombie body, and now this. Great to see that getting all that power means that Madara is slowly getting stupider.

Honestly, I expected Minato to return the other half to Naruto and failing to revive him (so Naruto will have a dramatic revival back from the dead). Black Zetsu stealing the second half of Kurama caught me by surprise. Can't say I saw that coming. I am interested in the identity of that figure by Sasuke is. By the way, what ever happened to that crow that Naruto ate?

It was meant to bring sasuke back but got used on Edo Itachi to get him out of Kabuto's control.

Edit: oh man my phone gaffing sux! And dumb autocorrect.

Madao

Bleach 568
Rukia finally has her big moment, and her Zanpakuto turns out to be OP as hell. I mean, absolute zero. Nothing moves and everything dies. She even explains that she needs to slowly freeze herself to avoid bursting her cells. Everything was perfectly planned. Nah, just kidding. The Fear survives because he only fears Big Boss.

I am amused by the fact that the Fear turned into a Silent Hill monster. As much as I like those Nietzsche ramblings on fear, it seems a bit much. Though it is ruined by Byakuya's entrance. It's round 2 and we all know who the obvious victor will be. All those eyes make me think this is an allusion to Byakuya's fight with the Zommari.

Naruto 664

that was used a while ago to break Kabuto's control on Itachi's Edo Tensei body. that's why he was doing his thing and wasn't being controlled like the other zombies (Edo Tensei doesn't give the user automatic control on the summoned person. they need an additional technique to control it)

It was meant to bring sasuke back but got used on Edo Itachi to get him out of Kabuto's control.

Edit: oh man my phone gaffing sux! And dumb autocorrect.

that was used a while ago to break Kabuto's control on Itachi's Edo Tensei body. that's why he was doing his thing and wasn't being controlled like the other zombies (Edo Tensei doesn't give the user automatic control on the summoned person. they need an additional technique to control it)

Alright, I seemed to have forgotten the part where Itachi burns his crow.

Articalys

This is turning into one of the longest 'final battles' I can remember. How many years has it been since Obito and Naruto began their fight?
A lot of the fights have sort of blended together, and don't forget there were a couple months each for the Sasuke/Itachi/Kabuto fight, Obito flashback, and Hashirama flashback, but if you want some anchor points to use:

- Madara was revived back in mid-October 2011, with Naruto engaging Tobi and the zombie Jinchuriki about a month later
- the incomplete Ten-Tails was revived at the end of November 2012
- Sasuke and the Hokages join the battle in mid-May 2013
- Obito is defeated and Madara fully revives himself a few months ago, at the end of November

The crow that Naruto ate was burnt by Itachi.

Naruto doesn't have much options left. Either be revived by a sacrifice or a b.s explanation.
For example, the sage of six path appeared in the afterlife and revived his punk ass and gave him a power up. I think Kishi might take that route since reviving him gimped won't really accomplish anything. How the hell do base Naruto fight Madara? Pee on him?

Holyland v16-18 [END]

Well, finished reading this and I'm a bit disappointed.
First thing first, the fights were cool and the street mentality worked. Yu was also cool when he was in the concentrated mentality/confidence mode.

What rubbed me the wrong way was that Yu wavered too much at some points and it felt executed more for drama than because it made 100% sense. Even the whole thing with Shogo felt stretched too far.

Yep, I left it unfinished it because past half point it was starting to be predictable, and the problems of the character were obvious, apart of all the forced drama.

Articalys

And one for the Fake Karakura arc, for comparison:

- battle starts at the end of June 2008
(- sidetrack to Ichigo/Ulquiorra fight begins end of December 2008)
(- Ulquiorra defeated mid-April 2009)
- Barrigan, Starrk, and Harribel are all defeated in quick succession and Aizen enters the fight around September 2009
- Ichigo arrives mid-January 2010
- Deicide ends, Aizen is sealed late September 2010

- Barrigan, Starrk, and Harribel are all defeated in quick succession and Aizen enters the fight around September 2009

So the the fake karakura town arc which arguably had more stuff happen resolved everything faster the Naruto's final war arc.

Kurita

upandaway's life

-Born in 19XX
-Became a Charizard in 2009
-Had a brainfart in 2010
-Had a brainfart in 2011
-Had a brainfart in 2012
-Had a brainfart in 2013
-Had a brainfart in 2014
-Died in 2015

Infectious diseases book
Exams suck. Plus the only smut-worthy pictures are nightmarish. I wish I was reading manga instead :(
I'd pay a lot of money for a "Manga introduction to..." medical series, like the ones we already have for databases (lol) and statistics

Madao

wait, didn't the fake karakura town arc start with the vice-captain fights? those happened before ulquiorra's fight.

Articalys

wait, didn't the fake karakura town arc start with the vice-captain fights? those happened before ulquiorra's fight.
Yeah, those all start in June 2008. The series breaks away from Karakura to focus on Ichigo and Ulq's final fight from the end of December 2008 to the previously mentioned defeat; I shouldv'e mentioned that originally. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom