• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I know nothing about which magazine serializes series I like. I really don't delve into it.
I don't even know too much about which series belongs to which publishers (well, until Weekly Shonen Jump required their manga to have the logo/name on the covers, but I'll be honest, it is something I don't really pay attention to, so I tend to forget).

akaoni

Banned
Been wanting to read -

"All you need is Kill" and

"knights of sidonia/cydonia"

How are they??

I like Knights of Sidonia. It's really easy reading too so it won't take much to find out if it sits with you. It combines a dark and edgy sci-fi setting with a giant cylinder in space with an army of mechs against an alien race, with a slice of life+harem on the side when shit's not serious. If you've touched Nihei's Blame or Biomega you'll know what to expect on one side at least.

I read like half of the current WSJ series.
One Piece, AssClass, Beelzebub, Haikyu!!, HxH (lol), Nisekoi, Saiki, Soma, Toriko.

Manga Times has Nobunaga no Chef.
Big Comic Spirits has Punpun and I Am a Hero.
Grand Jump Premium has Dr.DMAT.
Young Jump has REAL, Liar Game and Kokou no Hito.

Too lazy to continue.

I forgot about AssClass, I'm currently reading that. I can see why its so popular in Japan now.

I have no clue what anything I read is serialized in because I don't speak or read Japanese.

I only know what Weekly Shounen Jump has serialized, everything else I have no clue of.

Glass Rebel

Been wanting to read -

"All you need is Kill" and

"knights of sidonia/cydonia"

How are they??

All you need is Kill is only 5 chapters in so... It's alright. Semi-interesting premise with good art (Death Note/Bakuman artist). Nothing terribly interesting has happened so far though.

Knights of Sidonia is by the Blame! author so you know it's dark and has great albeit unconventional art. Although it is lighter than his other works.

Tetsuwan Girl 16-20
I really really like the art, is there some other worthwhile work from the author?

I'm currently reading SIDOOH and I like it quite a bit. It's set right at the end of the Edo period so if that setting appeals to you...

Protag

Banned
Thanks glass rebel.

What do you guys think of gundam origin? Ive heard really good things, and how faithful does it stay to the anime?

Lain

Tetsuwan Girl 16-20
I really really like the art, is there some other worthwhile work from the author?

Plenty. Give a read to Skyhigh and Skyhigh Karma (actually all the skyhigh if you can) and Blue Heaven. Also if you're up to it, you can grab Muyung (someone else draws this, but the art is fantastic too) from Flashbook (we're still waiting on the last volume to be released though) and Detonation Island from GP (volume 15 was released last month) because you won't find scanlations for them (well, there is a chapter done for Detonation, but that's that).
There is also Sidooh, but I haven't read it yet, so can't say anything about it. And Jiraishin, though that's a bit too... raw and unrefined imho.

LeleSocho

Banned
I'm currently reading SIDOOH and I like it quite a bit. It's set right at the end of the Edo period so if that setting appeals to you...
Thank you.
Plenty. Give a read to Skyhigh and Skyhigh Karma (actually all the skyhigh if you can) and Blue Heaven. Also if you're up to it, you can grab Muyung (someone else draws this, but the art is fantastic too) from Flashbook (we're still waiting on the last volume to be released though) and Detonation Island from GP (volume 15 was released last month) because you won't find scanlations for them (well, there is a chapter done for Detonation, but that's that).
There is also Sidooh, but I haven't read it yet, so can't say anything about it. And Jiraishin, though that's a bit too... raw and unrefined imho.
Wow that's plenty of stuff... i should check the genre to cut some of them.

akaoni

Banned
I'm not well versed enough in the hentai business but I like COMIC LO the best based on the covers alone.

The true-true. From what I know that artist doesn't even do manga themselves, just the cover art or at least I've never found any in the past.

Thanks glass rebel.

What do you guys think of gundam origin? Ive heard really good things, and how faithful does it stay to the anime?

I've only glanced at a few pages myself and plan to read it one day. From what I've seen it looks to be a pretty faithful adaptation as I could recognise a number of scenes straight from the original series. There's also an anime adaptation planned for the manga itself. I would guess it's faithful enough with better visuals overall unless someone knows otherwise?

I'm not well versed enough in the hentai business but I like COMIC LO the best based on the covers alone.

Nicolas-Cage-Trying-to-hold-in-laughter.gif

you might want to keep it that way tbh

Protag

Banned
The true-true. From what I know that artist doesn't even do manga themselves, just the cover art or at least I've never found any in the past.

I've only glanced at a few pages myself and plan to read it one day. From what I've seen it looks to be a pretty faithful adaptation as I could recognise a number of scenes straight from the original series. There's also an anime adaptation planned for the manga itself. I would guess it's faithful enough with better visuals overall unless someone knows otherwise?

If they do id like to hear their take on it, because i was thinking the same.

The ar is jus breathtaking imo

Glass Rebel

Kingdom 326-327

Damn you, Hara :( Duke Hyou was amazing and it was too early for him to die. By the end of this campaign practically everyone of the old guard will be dead. I really need a prequel with the Six Generals.

I wonder what Sei is going to accomplish at this point against Riboku. I don't remember him being a god-tier tactician. Fuuu- so exciting.

Akito

He's done at least 2 manga, which were full colored even (Ritou no Umi and Yuru Yuru). Not the most exciting stuff but they are really pretty like you could expect.

you might want to keep it that way tbh
Oh I know which group of buyers the mag aims at, don't worry.

Crunchyroll seems to have added two volumes of Shindo

"The story begins when Uta Naruse, a primary school student, meets Wao, a high school graduate studying for the entrance examination of a music conservatory. They pursue their ideal music together and inhabit a world of perfect pitch.

Winner of the "1998 (The Second) Agency for Cultural Affairs Media Arts Festival award for excellence"."

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't get it, why did minato tried to transfer the kyuubi chakra to naruto right in front of zetsu surely he can't be that retarded.

So many guys there that could fight zetsu while Minato transferred the chakra, or am I missing something here? Gaara can't fight?

wonzo

Banned
Immortal Hounds 1-5
Kenzaki Shin'ichi is leader of the Anti-Vector Task Squad. He's in charge of hunting down Vectors, humans that carry with them the deadly Resurrection Deficiency Syndrome, a disease that can keep someone from resurrecting when they die.

The art is ace and the setting is incredibly intriguing. Definitely looking forward to more.

Kingdom 326-327

AWWWWWW SHEEEEEIIIIITTTTTT

Mob Psycho 100 54

mobpsycho54.jpg

:dead

OPM 41v4

jesus christ murata needs to stop redrawing shit and just get it right the first time ._.

Furyous

I finally caught up in tower of god. This is like TAL with far less comedy, very little fan service, and way more violence.

Thoughts on Tower of God:

I liked God Slayer better than the original MC due to everyone fearing him.

Does the public know Jyule (aka the Slayer aka Baam) is an irregular?

I can't wait until they catch Rachel. Did you she fulfill her mission in the first part or is there still more?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
.... I don't get how not being able to read Japanese has something to do with this though.

Because nobody here actually reads the specific magazines so who even knows what magazine its in unless you go out of your way to look it up somewhere? I don't even know what Silver Spoon is in.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's an option for those that want to support the mangaka.

and who live in Japan and speak Japanese. I don't recall seeing a copy of Jump SQ at Barnes n Noble.

I buy volumes, but I don't ever see what magazine it is.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket 249

The explanation on how Kuroko was able to get back his misdirection makes sense.
Also Kagami is back with the Zone and going 1 on 1 with Akashi.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
and who live in Japan and speak Japanese. I don't recall seeing a copy of Jump SQ at Barnes n Noble.

I buy volumes, but I don't ever see what magazine it is.

There used to an American version of Shonen Jump that came out monthly, but that was cancelled in favor of the digital WSJ. If you thought the current version of WSJ had a paltry selection.... ahahahahahahaha

Also, I doubt the creators got much from the American Jump. If they saw any money from the West, it would be from manga volumes, anime DVDs, and merchandise, and that would be chump change compared to what they would get from Japanese sales.

Sora no Otoshimono end

So hold on, Angeloid Sohara and human Sohara are two different people? How does that work?

Well I guess that was a happy ending, but I feel like it needed more build up and foreshadowing. Really have no idea if Sohara being a genius Angeloid that was responsible for a lot of stuff was planned or not.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I don't get it, why did minato tried to transfer the kyuubi chakra to naruto right in front of zetsu surely he can't be that retarded.

So many guys there that could fight zetsu while Minato transferred the chakra, or am I missing something here? Gaara can't fight?

Minato said "Kakashi, you finish up Zetsu, I'm gonna take care of this shit." Gaara said hey yo I'll help fight too. So yeah there were definitely dudes that were gonna take care of Zetsu while Minato focused on Naruto. They just didn't know Zetsu was snaking his squid dick through the ground past those guys.

Angry Grimace

Iron Maiden

She should use her power to make an iron chastity belt, or possibly shred the dude's wiener.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom