• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Game of the Forever Broken Online Thread

Teknoman

TheKingsCrown said:
I am saddened at the online state of things, especially those with LAN adapters :0(

LAN adapater users shouldnt have any problems specific to them though. Besides, whats wierd is that most of us had 0 problems connecting to friends from yesterday to most of today. Just now everything is acting wierd.

Teknoman said:
LAN adapater users shouldnt have any problems specific to them though. Besides, whats wierd is that most of us had 0 problems connecting to friends from yesterday to most of today. Just now everything is acting wierd.
Were you a LAN adapter user? If so, could you connect to wireless friends? Just wondering. I haven't been able to connect to them.

XSX

jtardiou said:
2921-8798-1332

im gonna b playing w my friend probably all night 2v2s. PLEASE ADD ME to 2:2 + give me ur FC obv

Can people with guest play others with guests? If so im down.

Nicktals

Banned
OK, thanks for fillin me in about the error, glad it's not my router or something.

In that case, SOMEONE ADD ME! I'm not very good, but I want to try out online!

Friend Code: 4081-5204-0344

Let me know you added me and I'll add ya back!

Teknoman

TheKingsCrown said:
Were you a LAN adapter user? If so, could you connect to wireless friends? Just wondering. I haven't been able to connect to them.

Nope, im wireless, but I think some my friend matches from last night said they used wired connections. Dont take my word on that though.

How long does it take for adding friends? My friend said a little around 1 minute. it's been ages. I'm not going to bother with this game this week if it still acts up.

HURGHT

Teknoman said:
Man now im getting errors actually connecting to WFC again. Are they working on something?
Beats me. I've been having problems for the past 20 minutes. Had a few lag-free matches with my friend across state and then everything went to shit all of the sudden.

Does anyone know how to unlock
the extra rules options for Brawl? The one where you're able to show the score during timed matches, etc...

Teknoman said:
Nope, im wireless, but I think some my friend matches from last night said they used wired connections. Dont take my word on that though.
Alright cool.

It would be nice to find some peeps who have had success with it. I'm hoping its not my router or anything, but I can spectate and I also played random battles already, so I don't get what the friend problem is.

clav

What the fuck Nintendo.

I hate the USA version of Brawl. Ike, Metaknight, and all the other characters sound like wimps now.

I'm just going to continue to play my imported version.

Fuck you NOA for no language option.

Teknoman

HaloFans said:
What the fuck Nintendo.

I hate the USA version of Brawl. Ike, Metaknight, and all the other characters sound like wimps now.

What? Ike sounds normal, Metaknight sounds like Batman, and everyone else sounds just fine.

clav

Teknoman said:
What? Ike sounds normal, Metaknight sounds like Batman, and everyone else sounds just fine.
I'm used to the way Ike sounds like in the Japanese version.

Sticking with the Japanese version.

You can't defend this shit. It's not the same.

Artanisix

HaloFans said:
What the fuck Nintendo.

Wut. Completely disagree, all the english voices sound really well done. Ivysaur threw me off, but it fits pretty well. Hell, even Pit sounds just fine. Me thinks you're just a japanophile.

Vard

TheKingsCrown said:
Alright cool.

It would be nice to find some peeps who have had success with it. I'm hoping its not my router or anything, but I can spectate and I also played random battles already, so I don't get what the friend problem is.
I'm using a LAN adapter to play (though it's not the official one) and I have no problems playing with any friends. I can spectate fine also, though no random battles have worked for me.

clav

Artanisix said:
Wut. Completely disagree, all the english voices sound really well done. Ivysaur threw me off, but it fits pretty well. Hell, even Pit sounds just fine. Me thinks you're just a japanophile.
No. What made pit annoying was when he did his side B move and his shouting of NEH NEH NEH NEH NEH NEH.

I loved doing that. Now it's just lame.

No language option = fail.

Evlar

Banned
HaloFans said:
I'm used to the way Ike sounds like in the Japanese version.

Sticking with the Japanese version.

You can't defend this shit. It's not the same.
What on earth made you think there would be a language option?

Jiggy

Before Brawl, I thought this was how my list of preferred characters would go (note, there may or may not be more than one character in some of my spoiler tags):

Primary mains:
Jigglypuff, obviously
Secondary mains: Kirby, Meta Knight, Ivysaur
Primary secondaries: Zelda, King Dedede,
Falco
Secondary secondaries: Ice Climbers, Charizard, Pikachu,
Luigi, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon
(all veterans in this spoiler, by the way)
Primary tertiaries: Lucas,
R.O.B., Ness, Mr. Game & Watch
Secondary tertiaries: Squirtle, Sheik, Peach,
Wolf
Don't care:
Marth, Toon Link
Really don't care: Bowser, Mario, Sonic, Samus, Diddy Kong, Ike, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Snake, Pit,
Lucario
Care even less: Yoshi, Link, Fox, Donkey Kong, Wario

Now that I've been playing, it looks more like this:
Asterisk = I haven't played them (or at least not very much, in the case of Meta Knight and Lucas), just played against them when CPUs and other GAFers used them.

Mains: Zelda,
Jigglypuff obviously
Secondaries: Kirby, Meta Knight*, King Dedede, Ice Climbers, Pikachu, Squirtle*,
Falco, Mr. Game & Watch, Luigi, Marth, Ganondorf
(all veterans in this spoiler)
Tertiaries: Diddy Kong*, Ivysaur*, Lucas*, Sheik, Snake*,
Captain Falcon
Don't care: Charizard*, Peach*, Mario*, Sonic*
Haven't played either as or against them enough to know what I think: Bowser, Samus, Ike, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Pit, Yoshi, Link, Fox, Donkey Kong, Wario,
R.OB., Ness, Wolf, Toon Link, Lucario

This game is insane. Every time I look at the character selection screen I can't figure out who I want to be--even though right now I'm still mostly in "pick veterans" mode and the newcomers mostly scare me off, as you can tell.
I fear for the day when I understand the movesets of Zero Suit Samus and Wario and add even more choice. D: I'm already dreading learning how to work with Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas, and Snake, seeing how well others have used them against me.

Edit during preview: In the time it took me to write this, a criticism of not having a language option popped up. I didn't realize there wasn't a language option, but that certainly sucks. :( I agree, no excuse not to! Especially when all of the Japanese songs are still in, and when the previous game had it. (Can't remember, but didn't the N64 game also have it?)

I rented the N64 Super Smash Bros ages ago but for all intents and purposes this is my first Smash Brothers game. I'm struggling a bit with the jump button placement on the wavebird. Do people who know what they are doing typically use the default controls?

I need a training course.

Vard said:
I'm using a LAN adapter to play (though it's not the official one) and I have no problems playing with any friends. I can spectate fine also, though no random battles have worked for me.
U.S.? Are your friends wireless too? What's the brand of LAN adapter?

Amir0x

Banned
my wiiconnect24 doesn't seem to be working, so whoever just mailed me over Wii (I have you down as advanced): Yes, I have Brawl.

Jiggy

Felix Lighter said:
I rented the N64 Super Smash Bros ages ago but for all intents and purposes this is my first Smash Brothers game. I'm struggling a bit with the jump button placement on the wavebird. Do people who know what they are doing typically use the default controls?
Well, they certainly did in Melee since there was no other option. >_> But yeah, just be sure you're using X rather than Y, and then you've got the three non-shield buttons lined up in a standard style. If you really need to, try avoiding the B button when you're starting off (other than for recoveries) so you can at least get used to the jump and the main attack button.

clav

Insaniac said:
strangely enough the Voice acting alone sounded horrid to me, but in game, it fits extremely well
No, you don't hear Ike screaming as he's hitting his shots.

It just sounds so muffled and like dull dry quiet sex.

Ok, I'll stop, but I can't see how you can defend this if you haven't played the Japanese version.

Nicktals said:
OK, thanks for fillin me in about the error, glad it's not my router or something.

In that case, SOMEONE ADD ME! I'm not very good, but I want to try out online!

Friend Code: 4081-5204-0344

Let me know you added me and I'll add ya back!

Added you...

my code: 1633-3848-9756

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
I don't know where else to ask this, but does Gamestop have a trade in value for this set yet? Or would it be better to go through craigslist or something like that?

Insaniac

HaloFans said:
No, you don't hear Ike screaming as he's hitting his shots.

It just sounds so muffled and like dull dry quiet sex.

Ok, I'll stop, but I can't see how you can defend this if you haven't played the Japanese version.

hey the japanese version sounds great too. Except the ANANANANANANNA of Pit.

I don't play as Ike so I'm not sure about him....

Jiggy37 said:
Well, they certainly did in Melee since there was no other option. >_> But yeah, just be sure you're using X rather than Y, and then you've got the three non-shield buttons lined up in a standard style. If you really need to, try avoiding the B button when you're starting off (other than for recoveries) so you can at least get used to the jump and the main attack button.

Thanks. The B button does seem to get me into trouble. A lot of the B button moves seem to charge forward and when you fall off the edge there doesn't seem to be anyway to recover but that could just be a product of the issues I'm having with the jump button. I guess I will just have to keep practicing. I think I'm doing alright but I can tell I have a long way to go.

Juice

Alright, I've had the game since yesterday, but I'm just now ready to bother trying with WiFi. Random battles have failed to start up so far.

Juice Code: 1461-5910-4375

Anyone can add me. PM me if you add me / wanna play.

Top Bottom