• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
VeritasVierge said:
Cool. Just don't stick up for people that assume things like that other poster did. Besides I already said I'd give R.O.B. a shot and so far his move sets (as seen on Nico and Youtube) are pretty good.

EDIT: Also, there will always be "better choices". Look at the Robin/Isaac assist trophy. Can't help but wish he was playable.
Agreed. With the Djinn powers and everything, Isaac and other Golden Sun characters would certainly have been a fun inclusion.

Jiggy

That page with all of its Wario Eating Kirby photoshops was by far my favorite part of looking back over that section. :D

truendo

Jiggy37 said:
-Snapshots Galore is the 42nd game mode update, and perhaps a fitting end to what will be the last Dojo visit for some of you even though the Dojo is still continuing for some time yet. Farewell, if you're one of these people. See you in Smash Bros. itself, or something! (non-spoiler)
Well, that and for the Smash Bros. Royale Dojo Thread in 2015.

-No, I'm not creating a new category of update types even though they did tonight. :p This is just filed under "game mode," much like I've been filing Wi-Fi under that as well.

-Describing the change in screenshots with words might not be sufficient, so let's just do this by numbers. Lifetime totals...

Falco: 11
Squirtle: 12 (from 11)
Ivysaur: 13 (from 11)
Ness: 13
R.O.B.: 14
Captain Falcon: 15
Sheik: 16 (no fan screenshots!)
Marth: 20
Charizard: 23 (from 22)
Luigi: 24 (up from 23)
Pokemon Trainer (trainer only): 26 (no fan screenshots!)
Ice Climbers: 41 (from 39)
Sonic: 44 (from 38)
Pikmin & Olimar: 46 (from 36)
Bowser: 57 (from 54)
Lucas: 58 (from 55)
Zelda: 59 (from 51)
Zero Suit Samus: 62 (from 59)
Peach: 66 (from 53 [!])
Snake: 68 (from 49 [!!!])
Ike: 71 (from 65)
Meta Knight: 73 (from 71)
Pokemon Trainer: 73 (from 69)
Diddy Kong: 77 (from 71)
Pikachu: 82 (from 75)
Fox: 83 (no fan screenshots!)
King Dedede: 84 (from 82)
Donkey Kong: 89 (from 83; "Had I but known the kingdom would thus strongly and so hastily choose me, never would I have thought Fox a worthy rival")
Yoshi: 90 (from 88)
Samus: 97 (from 96)
Pit: 98 (from 96)
Link: 104 (from 99)
Wario: 118 (from 115)
Kirby: 161 (from 151)
Mario: 230 (from 227)

I commend your hard work, Jiggy.

I will not be near any game stores on Sunday for personal reasons so I decided to order via Amazon. It should now arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday if things go well.

Jiggy

The Great and Over Two-Thirds-Done Smash Bros. Dojo Thread Quote Hunt

Posts 1-2,500: scottnak
Posts 2,501-5,000: Jiggy37
Posts 5,001-7,500: bombcar
Posts 7,501-10,000: scottnak

Posts 10,001-12,500: Danthrax
Posts 12,501-15,000: scottnak
Posts 15,001-17,500: Syth_Blade22 (40% done)
Posts 17,501-20,000: Iam Canadian
Posts 20,001-22,500: Man God
Posts 22,501-25,000: RoboPlato
Posts 25,001-27,500: Keru_Shiri

Posts 27,501-30,000: crowphoenix (1500/2500 down)
Posts 30,001-32,500: Cerebral Assassin
Posts 32,501-35,000: NickP786 (partly done)
Posts 35,001-37,500: Fenix
Posts 37,501-40,000: Iam Canadian
Posts 40,001-42,500: Guled
Posts 42,501-45,000: dude
Posts 45,001-47,500: Man God
Posts 47,501-50,000: possibly reserved for pulga?
Posts 50,001-52,500: Keru_Shiri
Posts 52,501-55,000: Firestorm
Posts 55,001-57,500: Jiggy37
Posts 57,501-60,000: Jiggy37

Edit: Hmm. You know, right now my PM box limit is 500, but I suppose I'd better save all the stuff I've received now in Word in case the admins decide to trim back to that old 50 limit or something... >_>

Edit 2: Man God, either you never sent in what you found or I deleted it on accident or something. If you're waiting until you look through your second section, though, never mind, I suppose. >_>

Jiggy

Yeah, don't worry too much; there are people who found less stuff than you.
And then there are people who quoted practically everything. Not to name names, because they'll be outed soon enough. :D (And there's nothing wrong with that anyway.) We're now over two-thirds done!

Firestorm

Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, don't worry too much; there are people who found less stuff than you.
And then there are people who quoted practically everything. Not to name names, because they'll be outed soon enough. :D (And there's nothing wrong with that anyway.) We're now over two-thirds done!

I meant I don't even find half of what I sent significant enough :lol

Jiggy

I'm probably just going to toss up whatever anyone quoted back to me. Actually, I might put together a preliminary example post with some small selections from everyone who's sent in, since everybody has different styles of quoting and I'm not sure if I should figure out some way to convert them all to one standard.

Jiggy37 said:
I'm probably just going to toss up whatever anyone quoted back to me. Actually, I might put together a preliminary example post with some small selections from everyone who's sent in, since everybody has different styles of quoting and I'm not sure if I should figure out some way to convert them all to one standard.

My sections gotten damn boring, which is why I've stalled. I quoted a ton, but even I've lost my interest of "Yay! Sonic!" I may give the rest a quick browse tomorrow during my turns out and give a quick summary. Then go back and figure out what the link text is at GAF and question my choice to do the hotlinks in word.

Jiggy

The Great and Over Two-Thirds-Done Smash Bros. Dojo Thread Quote Hunt

Posts 1-2,500: scottnak
Posts 2,501-5,000: Jiggy37
Posts 5,001-7,500: bombcar
Posts 7,501-10,000: scottnak

Posts 10,001-12,500: Danthrax
Posts 12,501-15,000: scottnak
Posts 15,001-17,500: Syth_Blade22 (40% done)
Posts 17,501-20,000: Iam Canadian
Posts 20,001-22,500: Man God
Posts 22,501-25,000: RoboPlato
Posts 25,001-27,500: Keru_Shiri

Posts 27,501-30,000: crowphoenix (1500/2500 down)
Posts 30,001-32,500: Cerebral Assassin
Posts 32,501-35,000: NickP786 (partly done)
Posts 35,001-37,500: Fenix
Posts 37,501-40,000: Iam Canadian
Posts 40,001-42,500: Guled
Posts 42,501-45,000: dude
Posts 45,001-47,500: Man God
Posts 47,501-50,000: possibly reserved for pulga?
Posts 50,001-52,500: Keru_Shiri
Posts 52,501-55,000: Firestorm
Posts 55,001-57,500: Jiggy37
Posts 57,501-60,000: Jiggy37

Posts 60,001+: Jiggy37 (all done so far)

That was actually kind of boring and didn't kill as much time as I wanted it to (AKA all the time I need before Brawl is released). I just might take over posts 47,501-50,000 myself. Or do I dare go back and re-read the first two sections I'd done (55,000-60,000) now that I have all the added perspective of what's noteworthy? :eek:

Jiggy

We're using The Power of Teamwork to put together some kind of epic finale to the thread before some unknown deadline in which the thread will be closed.

Jiggy37 said:
We're using The Power of Teamwork to put together some kind of epic finale to the thread before some unknown deadline in which the thread will be closed.

Socii Sunt Mihi
Qui Olim Viri Fortes,
Rivalesque Erant

TJ Spyke

Jiggy37 said:

Luckily that won't be until late April at the earliest (since that will be the last Dojo update, although I hope the thread will stay open after that).

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I posted this in the other thread but I had to share it here too with my Dojo Thread pals:

Just got back from my gamestop tournament...

About 80 people participated and..........

I got 2nd place :( I was soooooo close... won my first five matches, lost my sixth to a Lucas. ARGHHHH DAMN YOU LUCAS! He had one stock and was at 70% when I died :( :( :( :(

I coulda won but the freaking crowd made me nervous :lol Everyone was cheering Olimar because I was the only Olimar in the whole tournament. I had two little girls cheering "PIKMIN!! PIKMIN!!! THROW YOUR PIKMIN DONT LET THEM DIE!" while I was playing... so cute!

At one point after I beat a Link with my pikmin chain someone else yelled "TASTE THE RAINBOW LINK!!!" :lol

Lucas is forever my mortal enemy :( Pretty exciting night though :O Playing smash in front of a crowd gives you adrenaline

careksims

ROBSSBBa.jpg

You came a long way, baby. I know someone already posted their ROB holding the box. I wanted to post my own. There were more than a 100 people at my GameStop when it hit 12am! Now to open this bad boy and dig in! :D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
:lol I forgot daylight savings = extra hour of waiting. :(

I have the game but still want to see the dojo to its finish.

Jiggy

Papercuts said:
:lol I forgot daylight savings = extra hour of waiting. :(

I have the game but still want to see the dojo to its finish.
Same on all counts. I was all set to provide a statistics post, too. >_> After ten hours plus exactly one half hour of Brawl, incidentally.
But yeah, there are still funny pictures to be seen and whatnot, and also possibly some techniques that perhaps nobody's figured out quite yet. Who knows?

LOL Jest realized DST means another hour of waiting :lol

Anywayz: I have stayed up and checked the dojo every day since it started doing updates, I even though I have Brawl twice I will still check all the updates till the end!!

Scribble

MrCheez said:
I posted this in the other thread but I had to share it here too with my Dojo Thread pals:

Just got back from my gamestop tournament...

About 80 people participated and..........

I got 2nd place :( I was soooooo close... won my first five matches, lost my sixth to a Lucas. ARGHHHH DAMN YOU LUCAS! He had one stock and was at 70% when I died :( :( :( :(

I coulda won but the freaking crowd made me nervous :lol Everyone was cheering Olimar because I was the only Olimar in the whole tournament. I had two little girls cheering "PIKMIN!! PIKMIN!!! THROW YOUR PIKMIN DONT LET THEM DIE!" while I was playing... so cute!

At one point after I beat a Link with my pikmin chain someone else yelled "TASTE THE RAINBOW LINK!!!" :lol

Lucas is forever my mortal enemy :( Pretty exciting night though :O Playing smash in front of a crowd gives you adrenaline
:lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Clear Target Smash with 30 different characters on any single difficulty level?

I've been doing this all wrong. :lol

Jiggy

-March 10th kicks off the 42nd week and 205th day of Dojo updates, as well as the 249th update overall. (Going by official counts, i.e. updates that have their own separate section.)

-Character profiles move to 33, special moves to 30 (now tied with stages), and final smashes to 29.

-The Game & Watch franchise surpasses the R.O.B. icon with three updates, because R.O.B. didn't have a final smash. >_>

-Falco advances to 12 screenshots just in time to tie with Mr. Game & Watch, who debuts with 12 screenshots. Luigi moves from 24 to 27, scraping by Pokemon Trainer (trainer only) at 26.

-Jiggy's copy of Smash Bros. has only been on for eleven hours and forty-one minutes.

scottnak

Awesome. I can't wait to unlock this guy.

Back in Melee, the only other char I'd think about playing was G&W.

I think Olimar has earned his spot in Brawl though. Love that lil' guy.

Anywhoo, question about Sonic's unlocking.
I've read the first post of the official thread (don't really want to post much, as I'm sure some idiot will non-spoiler a SSE plotline), and seen the requirements but... [don't read if you don't want to know 1 of the specifics of how to do it]
For some reason Sonic was unlocked well below the 300 required... (I think I hit 62 battles when the challenger approaching screen appeared... Anyone know why? I was playing a slew of Team VS at the time...

scottnak said:
Awesome. I can't wait to unlock this guy.

Back in Melee, the only other char I'd think about playing was G&W.

I think Olimar has earned his spot in Brawl though. Love that lil' guy.

Anywhoo, question about Sonic's unlocking.
I've read the first post of the official thread (don't really want to post much, as I'm sure some idiot will non-spoiler a SSE plotline), and seen the requirements but... [don't read if you don't want to know 1 of the specifics of how to do it]
For some reason Sonic was unlocked well below the 300 required... (I think I hit 62 battles when the challenger approaching screen appeared... Anyone know why? I was playing a slew of Team VS at the time...
If you run so much you get the challenger approaching screen

I THINK so atleast...

webrunner

WiiRevolution1 said:
If you run so much you get the challenger approaching screen

I THINK so atleast...

They really need to go back and add the unlock stuff to the two non-secret unlockable characters.

Maybe even move them down to the 'secret characters' section without ?'s them out.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
MrCheez said:

Now I'm going to feel bad when I crush your Olimar with my Lucas. :D Seriously, I'm not going to spoil anything for the poor souls who don't have the game yet, but Lucas is an amazing character and has exceeded my every expectation. I love playing with him to the point where I've found myself neglecting every other character so far. :D

Then again, I mained Ness in Melee, so what do I know?

Fenix

"It reminds me of being in some underground bar, sitting next to an overdressed man who is wafting his cigarette smoke through the air, the pinched corners of his mouth evidence enough that he is plotting something full of intrigue.

...Well, those are just my idle thoughts."

Oh my.

Fenix said:
"It reminds me of being in some underground bar, sitting next to an overdressed man who is wafting his cigarette smoke through the air, the pinched corners of his mouth evidence enough that he is plotting something full of intrigue.

...Well, those are just my idle thoughts."

Oh my.
Sakurai rocks! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom