• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TTP said:
wut?

It's pretty clear to me

SOCOM + Official PS3 Headset: 69,99
Official PS3 Headset: 49,99

This.

The rep told me that a lot of people have been asking for an official headset, so they're making one.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kagari said:
This.

The rep told me that a lot of people have been asking for an official headset, so they're making one.

And I'm oh so happy about that.

I was about to buy the Logitech one out of desperation (I have two BT headsets and none of them works perfectly - one drops randomly and when I turn on the other one the controller shuts off!) but knowing this will come out I'll definetly wait.

Any hint about release date?

Also, Sony should make an "online bundle".

PS3 + DS3 + SOCOM + Warhawk + Official Headset @ 499.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TTP said:

I was about to buy the Logitech one out of desperation (I have two BT headsets and none of them works perfectly - one drops randomly and when I turn on the other one the controller shuts off!) but knowing this will come out I'll definetly wait.

Spring/Summer is all she knew.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Das-J said:
Did she mention what the hold up was?

No, she hasn't heard anything since they told her they were supposed to be out in December...

My guess is we'll see them in April with the store redesign, which she also told me about.

Das-J

Law of the West
This game should ship with a headset... whether or not it is that particular one remains to be seen. $59, $69... whatever the price it'll be worth it if packaged with a high quality headset.

n1n9tean

Banned
Doel said:
Could be fake, but it's worth a mention.

Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense that the SOCOM bundle would only be $10 more.

Ahem. Excuse me, you mind reading that little word under "NeoGAF" and telling me what it says? Yea, BELIEVE. I'm pretty sure that's what it says; but, you obviously do not believe. Perhaps, you ought to attend church on Sundays Mr. Doel.

You sicken me.

Doel

The Take Out Bandit said:
Voice chat not that prevalent on PS3? :lol

Blogs. :lol
Ummm....it's MY blog! :lol

Voice chat isn't as prevalent as I wish it was. After playing SOCOM 2 with every single person having a mic, and then playing Warhawk/Resistance/Burnout/RSV/etc (in random rooms) not as many people are talking as there should be.

If you play with clans/people you know, you won't notice it.

Kittonwy

Banned
Doel said:

Voice chat isn't as prevalent as I wish it was. After playing SOCOM 2 with every single person having a mic, and then playing Warhawk/Resistance/Burnout/RSV/etc (in random rooms) not as many people are talking as there should be.

People in Resistance talk all the time. No offense but why the FUCK would you play Resistance in random rooms when we have a fucking clan running games AT LEAST FOUR NIGHTS A WEEK and probably people playing every single night?
Indifferent2.gif

Arsenic

Kittonwy said:
People in Resistance talk all the time. No offense but why the FUCK would you play Resistance in random rooms when we have a fucking clan running games AT LEAST FOUR NIGHTS A WEEK and probably people playing every single night?
Indifferent2.gif
Dont know, maybe cuz playing with random people can be fun sometimes?

Kittonwy

Banned
Arsenic said:
Dont know, maybe cuz playing with random people can be fun sometimes?

Playing with random people FUCKING SUCKS. The whole point of having a clan system and a party system is so that you can play with friends in a clan/party AGAINST random people and KICK THEIR FUCKING WORTHLESS ASSES.
Indifferent2.gif

Safe Bet

Banned
Doel said:
I have yet to play an online game that had as much player chat occurring as SOCOM II did.

J-Rzez

I see some people still fail to grasp this is a "Warhawk" type game, and not a full fledged release.

That being said, 5 maps to scale does not warrant a $50 price tag, $10 less than a full retail copy. Put it at Warhawk prices please for people to have one less thing to bitch about.

Day One for me. My real skills usually got shown in SOCOM. Compared to it, I suck at Resistance, CoD4, and Halo.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Doel said:
After playing SOCOM 2 with every single person having a mic
Which never guaranteed anyone would actually talk. I played plenty of games of SOCOM 2 that were silent but for the sounds of gunfire.

Greg

Kittonwy, stick to Resistance and never play SOCOM.

You pushing the whole party thing on SOCOM is like anyone else trying to push perks on Resistance. :lol

I think they are done in a couple of months. The texture artist there is pretty excellent, I just think his work is getting killed by a lack of anistropic filtering.

Kittonwy

Banned
Greg said:
Kittonwy, stick to Resistance and never play SOCOM.

You pushing the whole party thing on SOCOM is like anyone else trying to push perks on Resistance. :lol

People need to
gtfo.gif
with their FUCKING PERKS, and maybe try to push some other fucking disgusting ideas in shooters. Interpretive synchronized weapon switch? Lets'.
Indifferent2.gif

If people want to fucking play with STRANGERS in SOCOM, that's fine with me, they might not UNDERSTAND or APPRECIATE the whole concept of playing in a fucking party or a clan on the same side like you're supposed to because you're supposed to kicking OTHER PEOPLE'S ASSES instead of each other's ass, but if one's playing with RANDOM FUCKERS in Resistance and complains about these people not talking, one needs to GET TEH FUCK OUT because random fuckers aren't supposed to talk, people don't tend to talk to complete strangers BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW YOU. Do you talk to fucking strangers on the bus? Do you talk to fucking strangers on the subway? I sure don't. That's why they have the party system/clan support in there, so people who know each other can talk to each other.
Indifferent2.gif

LOLZ.
Indifferent2.gif

Arsenic

Kittonwy said:
People need to
gtfo.gif
with their FUCKING PERKS, and maybe try to push some other fucking disgusting ideas in shooters. Interpretive synchronized weapon switch? Lets'.
Indifferent2.gif

If people want to fucking play with STRANGERS in SOCOM, that's fine with me, they might not UNDERSTAND or APPRECIATE the whole concept of playing in a fucking party or a clan on the same side like you're supposed to because you're supposed to kicking OTHER PEOPLE'S ASSES instead of each other's ass, but if one's playing with RANDOM FUCKERS in Resistance and complains about these people not talking, one needs to GET TEH FUCK OUT because random fuckers aren't supposed to talk, people don't tend to talk to complete strangers BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW YOU. Do you talk to fucking strangers on the bus? Do you talk to fucking strangers on the subway? I sure don't. That's why they have the party system/clan support in there, so people who know each other can talk to each other.
Indifferent2.gif

LOLZ.
Indifferent2.gif
LOLz indeed.

There was PLENTY of chatter in random rooms in socom. Clans just took it to a personal level.

But shit man, I wonder what happens when no one in ur clan is on. I guess you'd better just log off, since, in Kittonwy's world, the game isnt worth shit otherwise.

Kittonwy

Banned
Arsenic said:
LOLz indeed.

There was PLENTY of chatter in random rooms in socom. Clans just took it to a personal level.

But shit man, I wonder what happens when no one in ur clan is on. I guess you'd better just log off, since, in Kittonwy's world, the game isnt worth shit otherwise.

In the case of Resistance, there are people from the clan on pretty much every night, so there's no need to play alone with a bunch of random fuckers.
Indifferent2.gif

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Well the big problem in Socom and people without mics were the mines. Nothing worse then seeing some asshat drop a trio of mines and not tell his teammates where they were or for that guy to run out and step on your mines that you called out. Thankfully mic chatter through the speakers can at least (somewhat) remedy those fucktards from running over yours.

J Rzez - whatever. You kicked ass at RFOM for the limited time that you played with us. You said the same thing back then...."I wish I was good like I was at Socom." You must be awesome then :)

methane47

Beatbox said:
Well the big problem in Socom and people without mics were the mines. Nothing worse then seeing some asshat drop a trio of mines and not tell his teammates where they were or for that guy to run out and step on your mines that you called out. Thankfully mic chatter through the speakers can at least (somewhat) remedy those fucktards from running over yours.

J Rzez - whatever. You kicked ass at RFOM for the limited time that you played with us. You said the same thing back then...."I wish I was good like I was at Socom." You must be awesome then :)

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Yes... good times good times..... Socom was the ULTIMATE game for me... just something about the fact that team work counted for much more than it does today.. You actually had to look out for your buddies.... I miss that game :(

I think I'm gonna go play some SOCOM RIGHT NOW!!>. WHO"S WITH ME!?!?! Lets hook up a Socom game for old times sake guys.. WHADYA SAY!?!?! Sometime this week? WHO"S WITH ME!?!

Doel said:

Yea, this is why I play my 360 online every night. Warhawk should've been BD release only with everyone having a mic, or resistance (hopefully you get my point)

Ashhong

Doel said:
Could be fake, but it's worth a mention.

Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense that the SOCOM bundle would only be $10 more.

so you posted a link to your own blog, that links back to neogaf? fucking ridiculous

i mean, ive heard of gaf>internet>gaf, but come on...

Greg

Kittonwy said:
blah blah .gif blah
The thing is, if parties are included, that increases the chance that people are actually in a party traveling as a group. Half of the fun was waiting for your buddies to show up in a specific room and lobby and playing with/against random players.

Hell, I probably had more fun playing against half of my buddies, telling the random players their strats and where they should be hiding... when you travel as a team all the time, you really don't get that connection between anyone but the people you already know.

Ashhong said:
so you posted a link to your own blog, that links back to neogaf? fucking ridiculous

i mean, ive heard of gaf>internet>gaf, but come on...

Dont you dare diss this man for his blog. Its pretty nice that he keeps info up to date in a single place for the people anticipating the game.

J-Rzez

Beatbox said:

People used to see me log into their room and you'd hear, "aaaah, fuck this shit dog, I'd have to smoke a hell of a lot more weed to tolerate getting my ass torn up by johnny", then they'd log out. :lol

I hope that all these shooters like Resistance, R6V, and CoD4 haven't dumbed down my SOCOM skills. Don't get me wrong, I really liked Resistance and CoD4, but they lack an intensity and competitiveness that SOCOM brings to the table.

And I don't know why everyone's jumping on Kittonwy about a party system. I think it can be a huge accessibility to the game for friends to play together. I mean, if you don't like it, i'm sure you can send your scouts out and wait for one of them to msg you "East 6", or something. You could probably pop in and out of servers in a party hopefully, and not just bound to "quickmatch" type things.

I hope they keep the clan functions that S3 had, that was one thing that game did right.

Safe Bet

Banned
As long as the keep the old server system too...

I do not see how the addition of a party system would break the old SOCOM formula.

To me it seemed like over half the playerbase ran in groups anyway.

Gwanatu T

TTP said:

Also, Sony should make an "online bundle".

PS3 + DS3 + SOCOM + Warhawk + Official Headset @ 499.

Make sure that PS3 comes with a decent sized HDD and BC! I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Doel

Abigale update this week
Hello, Folks!

I wish I had something different to tell you this week. I know you have many questions and have been waiting for a long time for answers. But I just can’t give them to you yet.

This is always one of the most difficult parts of my job. It’s frustrating to me as well when I know some of the answers. I would love to answer your questions now. But I can’t do that and still keep my job. I can’t answer your questions here or in IM. I want you to know I am not ignoring you. I just can’t give any answers right now.

I know this post is going to make some of you unhappy all over again and I fully expect to get some criticism for making a post that doesn’t really tell you anything. But from reading these forums, I have come to the conclusion that most of you appreciate hearing something on a regular basis, even if it is just to say I can’t give you any news. But I assure you, I am also looking forward to the day when I can answer questions and give you new information.

I can tell you that I am making plans for a lot of things to come after the EGM article. Once that has been published and we are again free to talk about some details, I am working on getting you answers and information. We have a lot of exciting plans for the SOCOM community in the weeks and months to come!

It's great to see that there is some stuff in the planning stages for the community :D

J-Rzez

Doel said:
Abigale update this week

It's great to see that there is some stuff in the planning stages for the community :D

And that's great, because outside of the it's ultra-intense gameplay, it's community was the next best thing about that game. I've played PC and other console shooters for a long time before and since SOCOM, and it's community was as tightly knit as CS. No console shooter, none, nada, ziltch, has ever come to being as tight knit as a community as the SOCOM's have been.

Clan support was 2nd to none in these games, with 3 even introducing Clan Ladders and even scheduling clan matches through the game itself to boost/lower your ranks. Hopefully S6 paid close attention to that part.

PS - When should this issue of EGM actually be hitting the shelves?

dork

Banned
Stop waiting for july, give me the game now.

ANd yes playing with random people blows.

I hope the game has some sort of customization, not to worried about perks or anything like that, just some sort of customization so everyone isn't the same

J-Rzez

dork said:
Stop waiting for july, give me the game now.

ANd yes playing with random people blows.

I hope the game has some sort of customization, not to worried about perks or anything like that, just some sort of customization so everyone isn't the same

Yes, you can customize your appearance in some ways, and your clan can all run a specific camo scheme so you "look like a team", though you can still maintain some of your customized looks.

Top Bottom