• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crazy Taxi is currently free(?) on ios

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Grabbed it free from the Play Store as well. It says it's free until the 19th I believe. Thanks for the heads up!

thenexus6

I grabbed it, this and House of the Dead were my two games on dreamcast ah memories! If HoD 1&2 came to iOS that'll be cool

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I grabbed it, this and House of the Dead were my two games on dreamcast ah memories! If HoD 1&2 came to iOS that'll be cool

House of the Dead would actually make sense on these devices.

oti

Banned
Yes it is. It's a promo for something else....
That something else will be announced at 13:00 CET.
You don't like touch controls? Oh well...

Remark

Banned
I downloaded it last night. I was getting crazy drops on my 4S so I deleted.

Will stick to the PSP ver. I got but thanks for posting about this :)

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
So yeah, it's supposed to be a promotion for a new Crazy Taxi coming out later this year. "Crazy Taxi: City Rush" will be F2P with IAPs and on iOS. Here's a Preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7amlnY0gSM

GziRrnZ.png

vader.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up, I grabbed this! :D Just a quick question, is it compatible with this MiiFi? (was it called like this? o.o) Controller API of iOS 7? :eek:

Veal

Downloaded on a nexus 4. Played with touchscreen and with a moga pro. Runs at 30 fps with drops. Has the original uncut versions of the songs, so it's not exactly the same as the Dreamcast version. As a side effect of that, the game rarely starts out with that one Offspring song.

Touchscreen controls are ass. The game auto accelerates the car while in drive and breaking is handled while in reverse. This makes hard stopping and boosting pretty hard to control effectively.

Gamepad controls with the moga pro are butt. The layout mimics the Dreamcast version but have a flaw: gas and brake are mapped to the bumpers with no way to change them to the triggers. That means no analog braking or acceleration. Feels like steering is digital as well. The timing for crazy boosting is seemingly off and inconsistent as well. Even with those problems, playing with a controller is a billion times better than with just the touchscreen.

It's cool that they gave the game away for free and it's definitely Crazy Taxi. I'm still somewhat disappointed that it was so close to being a perfect port. As it is, it's serviceable.

Olaf

Banned
Thanks for the heads up. Seems exactly like the Dreamcast port.

It says "Includes Original Offspring Soundtrack", yet I didn't hear the "YA YA YA YA YAAAA"

LLShC.gif

Riky

$MSFT
I was amazed when I got this on Dreamcast back in the day,can't believe you can now play it on a phone! Works well on my Xperia Z.

SkylineRKR

Its reasonably well on iPad 2. Performance seems to be the same as on DC, 60fps and same slowdown here and there.

Its just the controls, its too hard to do drifts all the time. So its sort of worthless to really sit down for.

Android users: this version is absolutely a train wreck on snapdragon s4/600.
30fps, constant drops, frameskips.
But without much surprise, crazy taxi 1 and 2 works perfectly fine (60fps) when emulated with Reicast.

Top Bottom