• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Thread 5: Yarning for Yoshi

Roo

Sakurai takes the pics during his lunch break. Unless he was lying in the Developer Direct we DO know when Sakurai takes the pics.

The difference between those pics is less than a week.

For all we know, there could be hundreds of those pics taken since last year's E3.

zlCfzRrFiIstMhsuk_

Pic of the day. Never bully Cuccos. Seriously, attacking them is out of the question! This has always been a cardinal rule of The Legend of Zelda series.

ugOnFcZ.gif

ryanofcall

Do we actually already know anything about online matchmaking?
Would be cool if you can start password protected (SmashGaf-)tournaments :)
SmashGaf could have one every.f'in.day. because It would be easier to arrange

DaBoss

I wonder how it will work when off the stage.

Maybe it will work like the umbrella in Melee? How did that work again? lol
Anyone else noticed that the background characters have considerable higher polycount now than on older screens?

EDIT: For comparison (look at the ears):
That pic was just on Thursday or some time last week. The low contrast makes the model's ears harder to see in today's shot.

Tonight I had a dream.
On one day, Sakurai has shown not only most veterans, but also a few newcomers, all of which were Pokemon. He showed Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Yoshi, Mr. Game & Watch, Jigglypuff and Ness for veterans. And the newcomers were: Riolu, Ditto, and Ludicolo. I think there might've been somebody else, but I don't remember (since I'm not familiar enough with Pokemon; I had to look up a list to identify Ludicolo).
Lastly, he posted a gif instead of a still, one that showed Ridley, as well as Meta Knight's new Final Smash, which summons the Halberd... which got united with Ridley. Instead of the Meta Knight-esque "head", it has the torso of Ridley, with wings and head and all.

Tonight I had a dream.
On one day, Sakurai has shown not only most veterans, but also a few newcomers, all of which were Pokemon. He showed Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Yoshi, Mr. Game & Watch, Jigglypuff and Ness for veterans. And the newcomers were: Riolu, Ditto, and Ludicolo. I think there might've been somebody else, but I don't remember (since I'm not familiar enough with Pokemon; I had to look up a list to identify Ludicolo).
Lastly, he posted a gif instead of a still, one that showed Ridley, as well as Meta Knight's new Final Smash, which summons the Halberd... which got united with Ridley. Instead of the Meta Knight-esque "head", it has the torso of Ridley, with wings and head and all.

Still more likely than some character requests in this thread.

ryanofcall

Tonight I had a dream.

E3 2014?

NeonZ

Considering how we still haven't seen items in the 3ds game, I wonder if they might be mostly just cardboard cut outs and very low poly meshes, like the items in Smash 64? That could explain why Sakurai has avoided showing them...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I had actually semi-scraped cuccoo from my expected items list cause we got 2 new Zelda ones already. Lots of Zelda love this time.

Yummy. One of best addition so far. Three Zelda items, so I wonder if we are getting more or not? I hope that we are getting more items from any franchises

KHlover

Banned
What I want to know is, characters that have damage-absorbing moves, will they work against cuccos?
The more important questions:

Can Villager put angry cuccos in his bag?! Can Rosalina redirect them?

Besides Villager I don't see any character being able to absorb physical projectiles/objects. Maybe Ness and Lucas will at least be able to knock them back with their bat.

Top Bottom