• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Probably easier to create the room in HD than the whole damn city. It does mean they're being more lax than he seemed to hint originally about stage origins, but his other statement makes it sound like the Boxing Ring is an exception, not the rule.

Poor Olimar has no home in the 3DS version.

It might be something different. I'm pretty sure that it might be returning stage from Brawl.

Challenge accepted with Axass, he replied first.

I'm already having second thoughts :(

I saw that you accepted all the offers, now backtracked already so you really having a second through? :p

TomShoe

Banned
I'm calling it now: other than Squirtle and Ivysaur, no cuts.

Wolf? He's the most blatant clone of them all, and Falco has to much personality.

Too late my friend, your salty tears will be delicious after E3.

I feel Palutena isn't worthy of a Brawl inclusion, I will take belief that to my grave.

Or at least until the next Smash

It might be something different. I'm pretty sure that it might be returning stage from Brawl.

I saw that you accepted all the offers, now backtracked already so you really having a second through? :p

You can only have one avatar at a time right? At least I think that's how it works.

RagnarokX

Regarding Alfonzo permanently replacing Link on the Spirit Train, Link can be seen conducting it in footage from the direct.
See, the problem here is that Raiden just wears them so much better than Samus.

In all seriousness, raised heels are practical, but I think high heels primarily serve as a means to add beautiful qualities to an individual. Such as smaller looking feet and raised height. I'm not sure they have many benefits, especially when raised to such a height. But hey, Samus can do whatever the hell she wants with her rocket heels. Practicality is not anyone's focus in Smash Bros., otherwise Greninja would probably stop wearing his tongue like a scarf
or whatever the hell that is

Considering the height she jumps to and falls these heels look like they assist by acting like springs. They can launch her higher and cushion her falls. They look like they could have a similar functionality to Chell's long fall boots in Portal. They're certainly not beautiful.

Well DaBoss clarified the grenades are different from snake.
Dunno what the mines are we are talking about for Villager are.

Villager plants pitfall seeds, doesn't he? Could have sworn he did.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I noticed that people kept asking for links so I'm going to post it here.

Collection of Reveal Dates
List of Items
List of Assist Trophies
List of confirmed franchises
List of Pokeballs Pokemon

Speaking of avatar bets, any get decided yesterday? I want to point and laugh at the losers. :p

I haven't decided an avatar with someone, but other many bets isn't done yet. I hope that it would be soon.

I feel Palutena isn't worthy of a Brawl inclusion, I will take belief that to my grave.

You should play Kid Icarus Uprising because it "might" change your mind.

Jawmuncher

Villager plants pitfall seeds.

Ahh ok. So it looks like we have similar ideas to Snakes Mines and Grenades but not them exactly. That means everything or it means nothing. Like I said before if snake isn't in i'll be pretty sad if his legacy is getting ripped apart and moves given to other characters.

Wolf? He's the most blatant clone of them all, and Falco has to much personality.

It's impressive for someone to be this wrong. Do you practice in your spare time?

DaBoss

Pit's new moves.
http://a.pomf.se/vggocz.webm
Glide is gone, thankfully. And so is his old overpowered Up Special. Now he has the Power of Flight which seems to be a straight glide. I think it will work like Fox's Up Special. Probably doesn't hurt other characters. I can't tell if he is grabbing the stage from a far distance in that second clip of him using his Up Special.

New Up Tilt looks to be better than his old one. Side Smash looks to be the same except this time he doesn't split his bow into to two in order to use it which is interesting. Maybe some attacks may work differently when it is split?

Then we see the Upper Dash Arm which we now know has the ability to deflect projectiles like his Brawl Side Special.

Also, that Final Smash is crazy as hell. Looks like it will be really fun to use.

Then near the end of the Direct, they show this:
ibplkfijU5JGOM.gif

It is slowed down to 0.5x speed so it can be seen. Looks like a new forward air.

EDIT: Could also be a neutral air as stated by emb.

georly

Also, I've decided to start tweeting at about once a day the following hashtags to sakurai:

#BattlefieldForGlory

and

#StockForGlory

If anyone else wants to follow through, please feel free. If anyone else can think of other, better hashtags, let me know.

I'll post daily on miiverse as well. Please feel free to do so as well. I think it's important, I think there's time to change, and I don't want to have to wait another 6 years for these shortcomings to be fixed.

:)

Jawmuncher

So do we think Snake's going to make a return? I've been under the assumption that was a one time deal.

There was never any said to indicate as such actually much like Sonic his status was and for him is still up in the air for us.

I say he's revealed at E3.

This is my last hope for him. The Wii Debug menu mentioned metal gear so a Metal Gear game revealed for WiiU or 3DS along with Snake coming back to Smash would be a perfect fit and the only reason I can see as to why he hasn't been revealed yet.

emb

Pit's new moves.
http://a.pomf.se/vggocz.webm
Glide is gone, thankfully. And so is his old overpowered Up Special. Now he has the Power of Flight which seems to be a straight glide. I think it will work like Fox's Up Special. Probably doesn't hurt other characters. I can't tell if he is grabbing the stage from a far distance in that second clip of him using his Up Special.

New Up Tilt looks to be better than his old one. Side Smash looks to be the same except this time he doesn't split his bow into to two in order to use it which is interesting. Maybe some attacks may work differently when it is split?

Then we see the Upper Dash Arm which we now know has the ability to deflect projectiles like his Brawl Side Special.

Then near the end of the Direct, they show this:
It is slowed down to 0.5x speed so it can be seen. Looks like a new forward air.

That last move looks really good. I hope it is a forward air (or maybe neutral), looks like it has a ton of range.

There was never any said to indicate as such actually much like Sonic his status was and for him is still up in the air for us.

This is my last hope for him. The Wii Debug menu mentioned metal gear so a Metal Gear game revealed for WiiU or 3DS along with Snake coming back to Smash would be a perfect fit and the only reason I can see as to why he hasn't been revealed yet.

That would be quite longterm thinking of Nintendo. and Nintendo could actually pull it of, because they are the last company who really can hide secrets

RagnarokX

Ahh ok. So it looks like we have similar ideas to Snakes Mines and Grenades but not them exactly. That means everything or it means nothing. Like I said before if snake isn't in i'll be pretty sad if his legacy is getting ripped apart and moves given to other characters.

Guess I misremembered. Maybe I thought the tree worked like a mine or something.

TomShoe

Banned
It's impressive for someone to be this wrong. Do you practice in your spare time?

I've won a couple tournaments, so I guess you could say I'm kind of a big deal.

Still firm in my belief. Wolf doesn't deserve that spot, give it to someone worthy, like Squirtle.

Yeah, I have like 10 bets so if I lost all of them so that meant no avatar of my choice for next 5 months. Insane right?

Congressman

Oh, it's on a timed basis. Might as well throw another one out there.

Lucas is getting the axe. Any takers?

DaBoss

That last move looks really good. I hope it is a forward air (or maybe neutral), looks like it has a ton of range.
What is Pit's neutral air? lol
Pit's FS lacking a Palutena image backdrop pretty much confirms Palutena as a standalone character for me.
Pit's new final smash doesn't really have anything to do with Palutena unlike his old final smash.

I'm not saying I think she won't be in the game, just saying that correlation isn't there.

emb

What is Pit's neutral air? lol

Pit's new final smash doesn't really have anything to do with Palutena unlike his old final smash.

I'm not saying I think she won't be in the game, just saying that correlation isn't there.
Pit's Brawl neutral air was just spinning the blades in a circle. It didn't reach out like that move, but it's what I was reminded of.

DaBoss

Pit's neutral air was a spin of his bow.
Pit's Brawl neutral air was just spinning the blades in a circle. It didn't reach out like that move, but it's what I was reminded of.
It was like his side special right? Yea, I think I remember it.

Yea, that new move could be a neutral air as well.
Correct. Standalone as in separate from an appearance within Pit's character is what I was getting at.
Ahh, OK.

Kriken

I think Palutena will be in the game, so I will accept your avatar bet. Deal Done?

With Pit getting the Three Sacred Treasures as his final smash, I'm more convinced that Palutena will appear someway or another. It's just a matter of whether she's a stage hazard, AT, or playable

ampere

So did anyone actually predict Greninja as a character? I didn't even know it was a Pokemon since neither me nor my rival got the water starter

Also I wonder if this means no Squirtle or Ivysaur and instead we get a final form grass Pokemon from a different game, like Skeptile.

What if Ridley is playable, but Palutena is a boss character?

Ridley def looked like that shadow when Sakurai talked about bosses ;p

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm still hoping we start get more stage reveals soon. We know 29 characters, which unless the roster is crazy huge, is probably over half of the characters in the game. We know now 74 items in the game, and there were only 51 items in Brawl total. We've seen a lot of AT trophies, we've seen a lot of Pokemon...

Outside of something like music, the thing we've seen the least of now is stages. It looks like everything else will have a lot more of in this Smash Bros, more characters, items, etc, but we've actually seen very few stages this time around. We've seen 14 WiiU stages and 15 3DS stages.

The thing they've shown us the least of is stages, to match Brawl, let alone surpass it, Brawl had 41 stages, both entries need 26-27 stages more to match it, let alone surpass it, though that means also returning stages as well.

Piers

So do we think Snake's going to make a return? I've been under the assumption that was a one time deal.

I don't think he is either - it's a little late down to the line to reveal him as a third-party character. Plus: with Ground Zeroes making a splash on all platforms sans Wii U, it'd potentially brew up some bad blood from the fan base and maybe developers.

emb

So did anyone actually predict Greninja as a character? I didn't even know it was a Pokemon since neither me nor my rival got the water starter

Notably, there was a new leak from supposedly the same source as last years mostly correct one. It predicted a "Pokemon from X/Y", along with Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Men, Plautena.

TomShoe

Banned
With Pit getting the Three Sacred Treasures as his final smash, I'm more convinced that Palutena will appear someway or another. It's just a matter of whether she's a stage hazard, AT, or playable

Stage hazard, I'm sure of it.

My Palutena not being playable bet is re-opened if there are any takers.

Also I think Lucas and Wolf are getting cut.

Top Bottom