• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

georly

But But you have awesome avatar. If you are going to change, then I demand you to give it up to me! :p

Yes, i do agree, i do have a really really awesome avatar! That said, I feel like having a neorice avatar is like having some sacred treasure only given out to the elite.

Nezzhil

There .. made one for you ;D

ibsyODSCgoVIKr.png

Amazing :D

If nobody has chosen Elec Man, can I take him? Thanks!

R0ckman

So I went into gamestop yesterday to try and reserve the game for 3DS, but the guy told me I couldn't because they didn't know yet if the game is going to cost $40 or $50. This was the first I'd heard about a possible increase in price, so will I have to wait for an official announcement of the price from Nintendo before I can reserve it? That seems kinda bogus

They let me preorder no problem, I just couldn't pay it all off until an official price. Same thing happened with the original 3DS. No biggie.

Axass

My apologizes, I will add you to list now.

I think you posted the not-updated list, I claimed Paper Mario a few months ago, and I remember I was on the list at some point in time.
But I'm quickly losing hope... I even took him out of my roster... ;_;

Those avatars are impressive Neorice, especially Charizard.

ec0ec0

Nice to have your extreme range back to its former glory, Marth.

marth melee range is not coming back, i think. I would like melee range, but i guess that we are getting brawl range. Also, i hate seeing that landing lag... L-canceling sakurai please.

off topic: if you hadnt already... go to the tomodachi collection thread and watch the nintendo direct (10 min). Nintendo made it for you ;P

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Could I stand 2nd in line for Isaac, seeing as you have 4 characters, and if 2 of them get in I could possibly get ISaac?
Please?

I don't think NeoRice would do Dark Pit if its' color alt. Laughing Dog have no chance to be in the game. I thought Takamaru had a chance but Greninja had some moves that I would imagine Takamaru to have, along with final smash. Isaac is like very small chance.

I dunno but I will let you know in the future.

Yes, i do agree, i do have a really really awesome avatar! That said, I feel like having a neorice avatar is like having some sacred treasure only given out to the elite.

That's true HAHA. If I didn't get any characters then I will go back to smug Dedede

I think you posted the not-updated list, I claimed Paper Mario a few months ago, and I remember I was on the list at some point in time.
But I'm quickly losing hope... I even took him out of my roster... ;_;

Those avatars are impressive Neorice, especially Charizard.

Hmm, maybe I did. I have to look deeper then.

DaBoss

Charizard time.

It got a new Forward Air.

Its old forward air was was a small flame burst. It was okay for keeping opponents away from the stage, but the range was really short and it wasn't that powerful. It was also a bit redundant since Rock Smash (Side B) was better and did the same thing basically. Whether this is a good change or not has yet to be seen, but I feel this can have a lot more use than its old forward air.

Flare Blitz?

So this looks like Charizard's old Up Special except it is going side ways and you couldn't do that in Brawl. And it didn't have as much fire showing as it does here. It looks to be really powerful.

Looking at it frame by frame, Charizard's knock back could have been caused by Wii Fit Trainer's Down Smash, but it doesn't seem like Wii Fit Trainer managed to use it.

So I'm going to assume it is actually caused by whatever move Charizard is using. It reminds me of the move in the Pokémon games called Flare Blitz which is a powerful physical attack where the user just charges at the opponent in flames, but because it is powerful, the user is hurt in recoil which is what seems to happen to Charizard here. It could be a new Up Special, Side Special, or Down Special. We'll find out what it is soon enough. EDIT: And we did, it is its Side Special.

Mega Charizard X

So yea, this is Charizard's Final Smash. No surprise this is here since Game Freak/The Pokémon Company have been promoting this A LOT throughout various ways. Though there is some confusion regarding if mega evolutions are final smashes. I think they are.

But people refer to the lack of a dark background when Mega Lucario is shown, yet there is a dark background when Mega Charizard X is shown. I think there is a simple explanation to this.

I think Mega Lucario is going to be similar to Giga Bowser or Wario-Man where you can control the character in the different form doing all the regular moves you would in its normal forms, but with some different properties.

And I think Mega Charizard X is going to be similar to Yoshi's Super Dragon or Diddy's Rocketbarrel Barrage. I'm guessing it will spit out some blue flames or something.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When it came to PKMN Trainer, Charizard was the one I used the least. I really hope they make him more fun to play as this time round.

DaBoss

Love the webms <3
You edited your post, but thanks for saying "Wario-Man". I completely forgot.
Does anyone know if nintendo's twitch stream was higher than 30fps? Does twitch even do higher than 30fps?
It wasin't and yes.
But the only thing on this page are gifs...
It is a combination of WebMs and GIFs. It will show GIFs to those who don't have embedding WebMs and show WebMs to those who do.

So apparently the official Smash Bros Facebook page has updated with a new pic and a "potd' type caption making references to stage bosses. More twisting the knife for Ridley fans.

Berordn

When it came to PKMN Trainer, Charizard was the one I used the least. I really hope they make him more fun to play as this time round.

If they don't manage to make him a bit more versatile and cover for losing Squirtle's mobility and Ivysaur's damage then they've failed utterly.

TomShoe

Banned
You edited your post, but thanks for saying "Wario-Man". I completely forgot.

It wasin't and yes.

It is a combination of WebMs and GIFs. It will show GIFs to those who don't have embedding WebMs and show WebMs to those who do.

Did they already enable embedding webbums? I thought we all still had to keep using URLs.

ugoo18

It definitely needs to be a handheld game. To trade on nostalgia, it should probably be a remake of an older Metroid title, maybe Metroid 1? But they should give it a subtitle to not confuse people. Maybe something like Zero Mission?

No it does not, the 3DS has more than it's fair share of Nintendo IPs. Let the WiiU get something at least that doesn't have a me too version on the 3DS.

DaBoss

Did they already enable embedding webbums? I thought we all still had to keep using URLs.
No. Apparently linking to a webm even though the URL doesn't show up causes the add-on to embed it and replace the GIF.

This is what I posted:
[URL="http://a.pomf.se/ihziwq.webm"][IMG]http://i.minus.com/iKMHgJL83f0xj.gif[/IMG][/URL]
So apparently the official Smash Bros Facebook page has updated with a new pic and a "potd' type caption making references to stage bosses. More twisting the knife for Ridley fans.
https://www.facebook.com/SmashBros

?

I don't see anything.

Ryce

DaBoss, have you done any other Nintendo Direct move explanations? I loved your Little Mac analysis, and since the topic has been moving so quickly over the past few days I feel like I might have missed something.

Out of the three Pokemon that Trainer had, I used Ivysaur the most. Charizard looks pretty good though, and man, that amazing range on Marth's fair. This game is going to be fantastic.

We should also really do a 3DS tournament this Summer/Fall.

rawktapus

Charizard time.

Mega Charizard X

So yea, this is Charizard's Final Smash. No surprise this is here since Game Freak/The Pokémon Company have been promoting this A LOT throughout various ways. Though there is some confusion regarding if mega evolutions are final smashes. I think they are.

But people refer to the lack of a dark background when Mega Lucario is shown, yet there is a dark background when Mega Charizard X is shown. I think there is a simple explanation to this.

I think Mega Lucario is going to be similar to Giga Bowser or Wario-Man where you can control the character in the different form doing all the regular moves you would in its normal forms, but with some different properties.

And I think Mega Charizard X is going to be similar to Yoshi's Super Dragon or Diddy's Rocketbarrel Barrage. I'm guessing it will spit out some blue flames or something.

Don't characters eyes glow bright yellow while using a final smash, though?

Linkhero1

Ever since the Direct, I've become in love with this thread. I wish I were a bit more competitive. I've went ahead and started playing Brawl again with friends just to see how I fair with some of the characters I've never played as before. Lucas is the bomb.

emb

No. Apparently linking to a webm even though the URL doesn't show up causes the add-on to embed it and replace the GIF.

This is what I posted:
[URL="http://a.pomf.se/ihziwq.webm"][IMG]http://i.minus.com/iKMHgJL83f0xj.gif[/IMG][/URL]

https://www.facebook.com/SmashBros

?

I don't see anything.
It's a picture of the MM stage with yellow devil. Caption is:

Some stages in #SmashBros. will have bosses, like Yellow Devil here in Wily Castle. Makes you wonder what other monsters are out there…

Oh, damn it, you asked for it way before me. :p

Qurupeke right, he PM'd me first but I wasn't sure if I have the right to give it away to him since I saw post stating if I didn't want it, it's a free agent. Also, I saw GAMERGOD asked first so...and I thought it wouldn't be fair.....because he asked in this thread first.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So might we get actual costumes this time? We've seen wireframe Mac already, I hope all the character have an alternate outfit.

Linkhero1

So might we get actual costumes this time? We've seen wireframe Mac already, I hope all the character have an alternate outfit.

Jigglypuff and Pikachu had alt costumes in previous games, so I don't know if wireframe Mac is an indication of alt costumes for everyone, but more than likely it's something special for his character.

Top Bottom