• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

Anbec7

so uhm random question.

Has anyone played Mario & Luigi Dream team? I'm looking for the song that plays during the first fight that you get in the dream world (against that Mario)

Does anyone knows the song? youtube search has been... awful

About assist trophies if Mac got in and Isaac hasn't been showed up then... maybe playable? LOL I wish only if he is the older Isaac or maybe his son I forgot the name

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
NP. I'm jealous. Charizard look amazing. :)

---------

Quas already caught up with the characters.

r3___current_3ds_wiiu_ssb_characters_by_quas_quas-d7505vb.png

Perfect.

RagnarokX

Oh yea, there are these two pics, I don't think they've been discussed in the thread:

I don't know what this is. I wonder what it is lol.

This looks like a new Up Air. Looks really awkward.

Yea it does. That's really good. Makes it more viable.

I would say Greninja could be using water pulse or aqua ring.

As for Link, I think it's just a new animation for his up air and it looks weird because it's a still image of an animation.

Speaking of the skyward strike, though, the should change his forward smash so that when he charges it he holds his sword above his head and if you hold it long enough he does a skyward strike.

Also Link and Toon Link both need more series specific and not crappy final smashes. Maybe give Toon Link the hurricane spin, make it so it sucks other players in. Dunno about Link... something with loftwings?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
so uhm random question.

Has anyone played Mario & Luigi Dream team? I'm looking for the song that plays during the first fight that you get in the dream world (against that Mario)

Does anyone knows the song? youtube search has been... awful

About assist trophies if Mac got in and Isaac hasn't been showed up then... maybe playable? LOL I wish only if he is the older Isaac or maybe his son I forgot the name

Isaac is unlockable assist trophy so that's probably why they haven't reveal him yet

DaBoss

So here are Link's changes.

Link's New Backwards Rolls and Dash Attack
ibuFshOyF9G0cw.gif

These are really neat. They both are stuff that Link does in-game. It also seems more distance covered compared to the previous dash attack. GIF is at 0.5x speed for the back flip.

Link's New (Awkward) Up Air
I knew I saw it in the trailer. That weird thing is Link's new Up air

Around 33:35 in the NA direct http://youtu.be/7xUWnQu2Grs
Does it three times in the Direct:
iWL6pJ1KkvWfo.gif

iNTtIinNAoDab.gif

So there was another instance the weird Up-Air was used (I thought it was one-handed before, but it clearly shows 2 hands here). Link also uses a jump slash here. And you'll notice Link's sword glows blue in all of the attacks he does here. Seems they made the blue streak thing really strong.

Gale Boomerang changes
And from the same clip, Gale Boomerang knockback got increased.

ihjpn4oUfu6uP.gif
And according to Troubled Bat, the damage has also been increased by 2%.

RomanceDawn

The point isn't that Ridley should be flying at a high speed all the time, it's that the transition from idle to moving is not as smooth as it was in Brawl (reposting the Brawl boss fight for comparison): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJP8TtY3eig

Exactly. When I saw it live I thought something was incredibly weird with his animation. It does indeed look like someone is controlling him. Still that shadow does look too big for playability but it could also confirm one of my worst fears. Special playable boss battles.

What ever the case it does seem there is something more than just hazard boss Ridley.

So just incase any DK or Bowser nuts are interested.

DK: head butt, back air, neutral air, all confirmed in this Direct. Only a few things are different.

DK changes: grounded spinning kong, dashing roll attack, POSSIBLE mid air downward special slap(not confirmed).

Bowser: Up Smash same with added spin animation, Forward Smash double kick, dash single kick, japs and tilts all punches. Neutral air slashing claws, back air is a double kick(no more shell smack). Down air launches bowser faster in his death drill. Everything else seems the same.

So I went into gamestop yesterday to try and reserve the game for 3DS, but the guy told me I couldn't because they didn't know yet if the game is going to cost $40 or $50. This was the first I'd heard about a possible increase in price, so will I have to wait for an official announcement of the price from Nintendo before I can reserve it? That seems kinda bogus
Gamestop of the DS era returning? They would charge $35 for first party games that cost $30 elsewhere.

Between Arcade Mac and He Fit Trainer we'll probably be seeing costumes for characters with a lot of variations this time, but I doubt we'll see them for every character.
Come on Magicant Ness...Japan only of course to emulate original release
No not even Sakurai would dare to put a Naked Ness into the game, Pajama Ness and Pigmask Lucus would be a shame to miss though

Also found this quite funny:
dxengqdkbphviiqk0jmt.png
I found this more amusing than the tomodachi direct.

ec0ec0

OH!!! mii revealed on june 6 (tomodachi life release) cool :p

EDIT: ahahahaha the comment over mine. Almost at the same time, with almost the same words haha...

EDIT: kurtofan, i saw your comment on the tomodachi life thread and i thought "thats a great idea, but why is he saying it in this thread??" but you thought the same fast.

sorry for almost stealing your comment

Richie

I don't think every character will get alternate costumes. I mean, what sort of things can you really put in for Ice Climbers or Game & Watch

Ice Climbers' is easy, an option to play as them with their hoods down, thus making their whole faces and hair fully visible. I'd think it cute, anyway.
Game & Watch could have a neat Outline Only option where he's see-through, except for the lines that define him.

Kyzon

What are the chances that at E3 we get a trailer announcing Ridley, then Dark Samus comes in and blasts him off the stage. "Dark Samus Consumes the Competition"

I'd accept a small delay for the inclusion of Dark Samus

I've already gone over many times why aLttP Link is the most superior Link of all. It's fact.

I'd actually love to hear a debate on this subject.

Also I'd like to go all in and say that OG Link is the best, since he kills Ganon once and for all, and defeats his internal darkness in the sequel to lay claim to the full triforce. He's one of the few Links to appear in 2 mainline games (3 if he's the link from Link's Awakening too, which I believe he is), and he's got powers up the wazoo, with everything he gains in the first game, plus the items and spells from Zelda 2... guys is OP as heck.

Kyzon

I'd actually love to hear a debate on this subject.

Also I'd like to go all in and say that OG Link is the best, since he kills Ganon once and for all, and defeats his internal darkness in the sequel to lay claim to the full triforce. He's one of the few Links to appear in 2 mainline games (3 if he's the link from Link's Awakening too, which I believe he is), and he's got powers up the wazoo, with everything he gains in the first game, plus the items and spells from Zelda 2... guys is OP as heck.

Manga Link kills people with his scarf. They're glamoured to death.

Ryce

What do you guys think Sheik and Zero Suit Samus' Final Smashes will be? The Light Arrow doesn't make much sense now that Sheik and Zelda are separated.

Top Bottom