• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

atr0cious

nah, Zelda was pretty bad in Melee too
in fact in both games, people thought Zelda was better than she really was

I think it really depended on how you used her. I used her foward b as my main attack while staying mostly in the air, using neutral b as my main defense. Her b-air and up-a were sick if mixed properly with her running push which gave a good bounce.

Zelda was a beast in Melee, but Brawls extra floatiness killed her. Now that she has a downb that looks like it replaced her neutral b, her neutral could be something more useful.

I thought Nayru's Love worked well in Brawl, hit people with it if they get too close then teleport away and resume throwing fireballs.
The phantom only hits in front of you, so Nayru's Love will still be used if you have someone on either side.

DaBoss

Samus changes

Samus can run properly now!
iwHXJ8mjhByKo.gif

Look at her run in Brawl and you would see what I mean lol.

Samus' new Neutral Air
icDXDI8fOhix1.gif

ioOfCnpTOPlc.gif

ibwUGBIjVpb3Kb.gif

No more sex kick lol.

R0ckman

Something feels off about that Rhythm Heaven guy. He seemed forgettable compared to some the other characters like the Sweaty Wrestler. Why couldn't we get him? He could do his flex pose attacks.

Chorus man is the epitome of meh. And I don't even think Sakurai would find him interesting. I'm sure it wasn't as simple as going into the RH franchise and picking him straight up. I'm inclined to say "Higher up meddling" on this one.

If it's not the above, I swear its like every Smash game drives Sakurai closer to madness haha.

Lame Cop Out! We already know Rosalina is in the game. I will let you think that you won this but reality you didn't. ;P

Well, I will let you think you won this but in REALITY you didn't. ;P

Pick the timing of your fights better

Greninja Kirby better have that tongue scarf.

This will be amazing
What will be better is if the tongue and Kirby are the EXACT same color (of pink)

EDIT: I want a remix of all of the champion's themes

I thought Nayru's Love worked well in Brawl, hit people with it if they get too close then teleport away and resume throwing fireballs.
The phantom only hits in front of you, so Nayru's Love will still be used if you have someone on either side.

Nayru's Love has garbage priority, most attacks go through it.

jph139

Thinking of Rhythm Heaven, it's pretty much the only Smash franchise I've never played - I know, it's still just potential, but I've been looking at videos and it looks pretty fun in a ridiculous way.

Both the DS and Wii versions are like $10 on Amazon... which one should I go for?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I keep hearing things go down hill fast in SAO. I will eventually watch it.....just hope its as good as some people say.

On Topic: I seriously wonder when the next time Sakurai will give us another Smash Bros Megaton. Does not need to be a Direct though.

AAs a person who seen it halfway in subs and then all the way thorugh dubbed, yea, best to have lowered expectations.

atr0cious

Yea, but I'm hoping there aren't two dedicated reflecting moves. It looks like the attack has a little backsplash on it, but it looks negligible in reach if it does anything at all. I also don't like that it's standing, when at least in previous games, you needed to stay moving since one hit could be the death of you.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I found more instances of Samus using her new neutral air.
icDXDI8fOhix1.gif

ioOfCnpTOPlc.gif

And the previous pic I posted:
ibwUGBIjVpb3Kb.gif

No more sex kick lol.

I think I'm gonna use this post to link to everything: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107700461&postcount=13672

An elaborate palette swap with transparency I think.

varia suit samus is becoming slightly more accurate to how she really is now, she is suppose to be agile, fast and even flexible to a degree in her suit, infact she is probably suppose to be even faster than out of her suit. Its a good thing she isnt hindered by a transformation anymore.

R0ckman

Thinking of Rhythm Heaven, it's pretty much the only Smash franchise I've never played - I know, it's still just potential, but I've been looking at videos and it looks pretty fun in a ridiculous way.

Both the DS and Wii versions are like $10 on Amazon... which one should I go for?

Wii. Thought DS one was boring as hell.

I keep hearing things go down hill fast in SAO. I will eventually watch it.....just hope its as good as some people say.

On Topic: I seriously wonder when the next time Sakurai will give us another Smash Bros Megaton. Does not need to be a Direct though.

Ridley will have his own direct, the only tagline will be "Please join us *** for the next BIG Super Smash Bros Direct"

If Ridley gets in, Sakurai has to have the English card say "Ridley BARELY Fits"

Kinsei

Banned

Wii. The DS one is fun, but it has nothing on the Wii and GBA games.

http://i.minus.com/icDXDI8fOhix1.gif
http://i.minus.com/ioOfCnpTOPlc.gif
http://i.minus.com/ibwUGBIjVpb3Kb.gif
No more sex kick lol.

I think I'm gonna use this post to link to everything: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107700461&postcount=13672

Thank you for posting a link that leads to all your Direct analyses you have posted so farman!n I want to add them to the official list of mechanics/nerfs/buffs.

Woo boy! Now I have my work cut out for me! But I ain't complaining! It's great!!

DaBoss

You guys don't need to have the images embedded in the quote. Can you guys please un-embed the GIFs in the quotes, thanks. But I guess I should have aligned them horizontally instead of posting them vertically.

Like I don't want to annoy other people who just want to scroll through the thread lol.

Perhaps when the "leak" said "Chorus Kids" they meant Marshal? He has virtually the same design as them and was sorta treated as the "main character" of Fever. I'd agree that the Chorus Kids would be an odd choice as a Rhythm Heaven representative.

oh and far as RH series goes get all of them
well maybe not the GBA one if you're tight on cash, it's by far the most expensive and my personal least favorite in the series, though it's still great

Ivan 3414

Go for the DS game. It has better music and the touch mechanic is more fun than pressing buttons.

Perhaps when the "leak" said "Chorus Kids" they meant Marshal? He has virtually the same design as them and was sorta treated as the "main character" of Fever. I'd agree that the Chorus Kids would be an odd choice as a Rhythm Heaven representative.

oh and far as RH series goes get all of them
well maybe not the GBA one if you're tight on cash, it's by far the most expensive and my personal least favorite in the series, though it's still great

I thought that was the general consensus

Speaking of Marshall, if he gets confirmed, I wish to avatar claim him if Karate Joe isn't in either as a character or assist trophy

Anth0ny

Just finished a 3 hour econ exam. Taking a break tonight, then it back to studying until Tuesday night ._.

Time to catch up on this thread...

So after the direct the other day rank the newcomers in terms of most excited to least excited

1. Greninja
2. Mega Man
3. Little Mac
4. Villager
5. Wii Fit Trainer
6. Rosalina

1. Greninja
2. Rosalina
3. Mega Man
4. Villager
5. Wii Fit Trainer
6. Little Mac

Greninja looks awesome, as does Rosalina. From what I've seen so far, they fit my play style and I look forward to trying them out. Mega Man and Villager look like they play kinda weird, but they're so damn unique (and Mega Man is fucking Mega Man), so I'm still excited to try them out, though I can't imagine I'd ever main or even secondary them.

WFT and Little Mac look super boring from what I've seen. I swear no one playing against Little Mac in the vids so far know how to shield grab. He looks like ass, despite the fact that all of his vids show him KOing characters with his powerful Smash attacks. He's also going to get gimped like a mother fucker. Wait til MK get his hands on him ;)

Of course its hard to say without actually playing the game, so who knows... all I have is video to base my impressions on. This shit better be playable at Comic Con, Sakurai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz96eSYdFvc

lol this is pretty funny
your favorite stage has been BANNED

/DEAD

is it wrong that I reacted pretty much the same way to that footage during the direct lol

I see Kirby's Greninja hat working in one of three possible ways:

i0R2nmHrfR7dF.png

ibxHOl6FFUgTK4.png

ibl7hfGpFzHDFS.png

Meh
Ew
EEEWWW

Let's base it off of Kirby's ninja design
Based off of this, it'll likely be the first choice
Btw, does anyone else think a really fun way to combo would be if they incorporated the bells from Kirby 3D?

Look like they have so much impact and weight behind them
On the whole I wish Sakurai would revamp Kirby a bunch.

Big One

Banned
Here's a question for you guys. Sakurai says he wants to reboot the franchise with a roster of 40 characters and only 40 characters. He puts this in your hands. What do you slim down to?

This is what I'd slim it down to in a reboot:

IjYXk08.png

Dr. Buni

I wasn't expecting the 3DS version to be released so soon. >_> Now I need to hurry the hell up and buy a 3DS again.

Also, yay Greninja!

Anth0ny

Does it twice in the Direct:
iWL6pJ1KkvWfo.gif

iNTtIinNAoDab.gif

oh my god I'm actually laughing out loud

this looks so awful

what are they thinking

put his fucking up air back to normal please

icDXDI8fOhix1.gif
ioOfCnpTOPlc.gif

ibwUGBIjVpb3Kb.gif

No more sex kick lol.

Aww man, I always loved Samus' sex kick. Not sure how I feel about this, though the move doesn't look bad...

There we go, all playable chars.

Bk3N22PCMAA_sL-.png:large

Gonna take it easy with those assists, a lot of em aren't super high priority anyway.

Finally :D

I'm going to have another new avatar soon, it seems. From 64-bit to HD to 16-bit, woooooooo

Top Bottom