• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

Jawmuncher

ZHUnAUi.jpg

I thought that was snake back there for a second and almost lost it.
But it's probably just little mac....they do have similar hair tops though.

RomanceDawn

Okay if we are going to be blunt, what are the chances for Lucas and Ness to be in? I can't handle this anymore, someone release me from this pain. OTL

Absolutely 100% positive they will both be in. We already have Mother items and Ness is a series stable. Lucas was supposed to be in Melee as well. There is no way either of them will be cut. Trust me you.

DaBoss

Something odd is happening here with Marth's counter and Bowser's fire.

So Bowser is breathing fire and Marth is using his counter, but it seems Marth doesn't attack back due to the counter even though he is clearly getting hit. They may have changed something about Marth's counter? Marth seems to getting pushed back by the fire also. I got no idea what this means.

Mario also doesn't seem like he is getting hurt either. They both don't have the Franklin Badge so they aren't reflecting it.

EDIT: The thing with thinking that is a custom move is that wouldn't make sense given when it shows up. It shows up during the Assist Trophy montage. He did show some new moves before he talked about them and some new items, but I think custom movesets wouldn't be something he would do like that given it is very misleading.

I'm gonna guess the end of the fire has no knockback and makes another character move while the fire closer to the mouth has knockback. And Marth's counter has been changed a bit. What exactly the change is not clear.

----------------
+ 1 for Primal Dialga theme. So good. Too bad Dialga doesn't seem to be a PokeBall Pokemon in the game. :(

emb

snip
So Bowser is breathing fire and Marth is using his counter, but it seems Marth doesn't attack back due to the counter even though he is clearly getting hit. They may have changed something about Marth's counter? Marth seems to getting pushed back by the fire also. I got no idea what this means.

Mario also doesn't seem like he is getting hurt either. They both don't have the Franklin Badge so they aren't reflecting it.
----------------
+ 1 for Primal Dialga theme. So good. Too bad Dialga doesn't seem to be a PokeBall Pokemon in the game. :(
I would think Mario would have ledge invincibility... though it looks like he's getting the same purple hit effect from the fire. And it probably wouldn't last that long (although we still don't know how invincibility changes now).

Maybe Bowser's firebreath doesn't knock back any more, thus not setting off Marth's counter? That'd be a terrible nerf to the move though, I don't see that happening...

Marth's counter possibly just interacts in a new way with certain projectiles? Or invincibility frames at the start up, but before the counter property starts? Or, he has to take a certain amount of knockback to activate the counter hit? I really don't know either.

Narroo

I would think Mario would have ledge invincibility... though it looks like he's getting the same purple hit effect from the fire. And it probably wouldn't last that long (although we still don't know how invincibility changes now).

Maybe Bowser's firebreath doesn't knock back any more, thus not setting off Marth's counter? That'd be a terrible nerf to the move though, I don't see that happening...

Marth's counter possibly just interacts in a new way with certain projectiles? Or invincibility frames at the start up, but before the counter property starts? Or, he has to take a certain amount of knockback to activate the counter hit? I really don't know either.

It's possible that the counter can be held.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Fire Breath might have special properties and just do raw damage but doesn't cause any kind of stagger. I wonder if they changed Marth's counter to just physical melee attacks.

Revven

Maybe Bowser's firebreath has windboxes now? Hence why Marth would be sliding/pushed during the invincibility of the counter.

It would be really weird if Marth couldn't counter Bowser's firebreath anymore. It would be even stranger if it applied to all projectiles.

beta_fuse

----------------

Hmmm interesting. Either you can charge Marth's counter or Bowser's flame has no more knockback. Since Mario is charging right through, I'd say its the latter but who knows at this point.

DaBoss

It's either a customized move or there are two changes here.

Bowser's firebreath no longer has knockback like beta_fuse says and Marth's counter now only counters moves with knockback.

I'll look for a clip that shows Bowser's firebreath in action at another time.

beta_fuse

The customization theory seems like the best bet so far. In the case that it isn't though, Bowser losing that knockback only seems fair if the flames don't gradually get smaller.

Also maybe Marth's counter now works like Game & Watch where you counter 3 and he unleashes a strong attack? Would be disappointing but I'm just speculating.

Jawmuncher

That'd be the all-time best sakurai troll if it actually happened, but yeah its almost certainly little mac.

I dunno Little Macs hair has a bit more spike to the front.
Which doesn't seem to be the case there. Plus the way the shot it angled it's as if he wants you to notice the head back there. Probably just me grasping at straws but still.
images

images

The only thing that conflicts is the Bandanna. Which you can't notice.
But consider if Snake returns most have considered it would be Naked Snake due to Snake Eater no bandanna would make sense.

SmithnCo

http://abload.de/img/mariomxukh.gif[IMG]

Little Mac going straight to the S-tier?

Predict the tiers, peeps.[/QUOTE]

He looks really amazing on the ground but his aerial game and recovery are going to be pretty big weaknesses I think. Still, he's going to be feared whenever he gets a KO punch.

I understand why Smash Run is in the 3DS version only, but damn I really wish it was going to be in the WiiU version as well. Mode looks incredible

emb

Little Mac going straight to the S-tier?

Predict the tiers, peeps.
Mario does a really fast turn around -> shield there. Wow.
I can't begin to predict tiers for the whole cast. I think Marth, Meta Knight will still be really strong. I think Pit will be a lot (relatively) better. I think Shiek will probably stay bad. I think Pikachu will be worse, Fox will be worse. Falco will be better. Dedede will be better for the most part, but hurt pretty bad by a removed chain grab, and lower tier as a result.

Newcomer tier list:

Mac
MegaMan
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina
Greninja
Villager

Little Mac is the one that looks really quick, and if
[since :( ]
lag cancelling and such are gone, I think ground mobility will be really useful. Mega Man will get a ton of utility from being able to move around while firing hitstun inducing buster shots. Greninja looks like he has some start up lag on some of his stuff. I think Rosalina is going to be an interesting gimmick, but ultimately not that effective. WFT and Villager are pretty much wild cards, but the Villager looks like several of his moves are pretty slow.

All of those are complete guesses though, and I'm probably very wrong on any points I made.

Mario does a really fast turn around -> shield there. Wow.
I can't begin to predict tiers for the whole cast. I think Marth, Meta Knight will still be really strong. I think Pit will be a lot (relatively) better. I think Shiek will probably stay bad. I think Pikachu will be worse, Fox will be worse. Falco will be better. Dedede will be better for the most part, but hurt pretty bad by a removed chain grab, and lower tier as a result.

Newcomer tier list:

Mac
MegaMan
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina
Greninja
Villager

Little Mac is the one that looks really quick, and if
[since :( ]
lag cancelling and such are gone, I think ground mobility will be really useful. Mega Man will get a ton of utility from being able to move around while firing hitstun inducing buster shots. Greninja looks like he has some start up lag on some of his stuff. I think Rosalina is going to be an interesting gimmick, but ultimately not that effective. WFT and Villager are pretty much wild cards, but the Villager looks like several of his moves are pretty slow.

All of those are complete guesses though, and I'm probably very wrong on any points I made.

oh my
Falco is the new Pikachu/Fox/Meta Knight confirmed

beta_fuse

He looks really amazing on the ground but his aerial game and recovery are going to be pretty big weaknesses I think. Still, he's going to be feared whenever he gets a KO punch.

Projectiles and air game will be necessary to take him down but yeah when he gets that KO punch you better think long and hard on how you wanna approach him :p

Dr. Buni

Probably already posted but Greninja looks f*ucking awesome
Greninja is hands down the best looking Water- and Dark-type Pokémon to me. It isn't really my favorite Kalos starter, though (Delphox is).
Some of them are really angry at Greninja and it ruined the Direct for them lol.
Plus, half of the forum are talking about Ridley being deconfirmed (even though he wasn't) instead of focusing on the shitload of content revealed in the Direct.

histopher

Now that I think about it, I'm really going to be bummed out that Squirtle isn't in it. He was really fast and fun to use. Don't get me wrong, I love that Greninja is in, and I might main him, but Squirtle was just awesome. Also I'm going to miss the days of having a 4-player match with Squritle, Kirby, Yoshi and Jiggly and seeing them altogether at the post-match screen all clapping and thinking "hurray guys" , "good job everyone" , "the most important thing is we had fun"

Yeah im super bummed that Squirtle and Ivy are gone. :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I can't imagine Sakurai won't have something special for WiiU.

My fingers are crossing for individual break the target for all characters.

Some of them are really angry at Greninja and it ruined the Direct for them lol.

I don't understand why it ruined for them. Unexpected, yes. I really enjoying to see Greninja as playable pokemon because he really break the stereotypical ninja cupboard with his "unique" appearance and his water prowess.

Speaking of ZSS' new model, I love her face in particualr. Specially her lips.

Yeah, I don't know what they did to her face, but it looks sooo much better. Brawl's model wasn't bad (not the face at least), but for some reason it looks so much better now!

Dr. Buni

At least the Wii U crowd will have more songs in the game than us in the 3DS crowd ;_;
Yeah, I don't know what they did to her face, but it looks sooo much better. Brawl's model wasn't bad (not the face at least), but for some reason it looks so much better now!
They are very good at "re-designing" the models this time. Not only Zamus, but also Sheik, Marth, Rosalina, Mega Man, Zelda are looking so good.

I hate what they did to Diddy Kong, though. He looks so creepy >_>

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Greninja is hands down the best looking Water- and Dark-type Pokémon to me. It isn't really my favorite Kalos starter, though (Delphox is).
Plus, half of the forum are talking about Ridley being deconfirmed (even though he wasn't) instead of focusing on the shitload of content revealed in the Direct.

I totally agreed with you there for Ridley. Sakurai kept trolling the fans with Ridley, and he kept dragging it for long time ever since they announced the Pyrosphere. I know he's not malicious Developer that like to troll people to spite them. I'm pretty sure that Sakurai is up to something that we don't know.

There are many things that could point that Ridley could be playable character, after the direct, I somehow felt confident that he could be playable character in the game so I already avatar bet with someone that Ridley is playable character. GO ME! :p

At least the Wii U crowd will have more songs in the game than us in the 3DS crowd ;_;

Sorry, I don't give a single damn about that. :p

I haven't checked Smashboards in forever, what are their thoughts on the Smash NDirect?

- Some people didn't like Greninja due to knee-jerk reactions that, somehow, his appearance disqualifies Mewtwo.

- A lot of Ridley whining (and subsequent bannings).

- Lots of discussions over Sal's new leak.

- Pretty much liked everything else.

Top Bottom