• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

Toxi

Banned
I don't get it.

If you want a non-lord FE rep who isn't Anna, you needn't look further than this avatar:

image.php
The poster I quoted was right. Samus never had that mole in any Metroid game.

GamerJM

Banned
I'd rank the starters

3>1>6>4>2>5

But I'd say there's a decently big gap between 6 and 4's. And probably between 2 and 5. I don't care for 5's at all.

DedValve

Banned
What kind of monster boxes their starters?
You should release them, they deserve to be free.

The only starter I didn't box was froakie
i traded him for protean froakie

Every other starter got boxed. Even smug leaf. They all went downhill after gen 3. Gen 3 starters where amazing.

4 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 5

In terms of starters. Gen IV had a great trio all-around and VI was also pretty dang fantastic. III, I, and II were pretty average, and V's only saving grace was Serperior. And while Serperior is my personal favorite of all starters, it wasn't enough to save the gen from Samurott and, in particular, Emboar.

-Horizon-

And we're back to Pokemon, nice, nice.

I'm already happy, I got Giratina.
I'm not happy, I don't think I saw Glaceon in the Pokemon Smash trailer

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
>Not Blaziken
>Not Greninja
>Not Blastoise

lawl. That being said, Serp was cool. Needs a Mega form that gives it Dragon typing and Contrary though. Endless meteors and leaves son.
Needs access to more moves to leverage contrary

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Starters for me

6 > 4 > 3 > 5 > 1 > 2

6 is just perfect. Something about them works well with each other thematically. Even meh like Delphox blends well when you see it with each other.

Can it get shot down like Villager's balloons?
will Pikachu's attacks be super effective on the birds

But Torterra's got them!

Wait, you get a free Lucario in BW2 as well?
how many games can you get one for free lol
You don't get a free one but you can catch a wild Riolu before you fight the first gym.

In fact, it's encouraged since the first gym is Normal-Type and Riolu is your only Fighting-Type choice at that point.

DaBoss

Since we're talking about Pokemon, let's talk about Lucario's changes. First, stuff that are visible right away.

Lucario's Aura Buff

Sakurai has talked about this before in two POTDs. The first being the Aura Sphere gets a noticeable size difference at higher levels of aura. It was visible in the pic, so it was easy to see the difference. The next time was talking about how Lucario's recovery gets a larger range with higher levels of aura. That wasn't very easy to see in a pic.

But the clip in the direct shows a huge difference. When Sakurai said that in the POTD, I did not expect this at all. Glad that Sakurai is adressing the fact that the difference between higher and lower levels of aura were not clear.

Mega Lucario

Lucario's Final Smash is mega evolving into Mega Lucario. This was very much expected. Allows you to control it like normal but with max aura. The Side Special, Force Palm, looks much bigger there.

Another thing to note is that Extreme Speed actually does damage. Maybe it is only possible in Lucario's mega form, but I hope it is available in its normal form as well.

Attack Changes
ib2m2hxeDG8VUy.gif

There are two things here that aren't easily visible. GIF is slowed down to 1/3 speed during the new Back Airs.

One of the changes is a new Back Air. Lucario does it twice in the GIF. The first time is right at the beginning. The second time is on Luigi getting a KO. This new Back Air seems to have more start up lag (and a new animation), but seems to have more power as a trade off.

I was trying this out in Brawl with the same damage percentage for Luigi and Lucario and making Lucario use its Back Air. It was not a KO when Luigi was standing on the left part of the center diamond on Final Destination. It was pretty bad. Though Lucario does get an aura buff in Smash 4, it still should have killed Luigi easily at that percentage in Brawl. It also required a sweet spot in Brawl which made it really bad to use.

The other change is a faster Forward Air. You can easily miss it since it happens only for a short period of time. It happens right before Lucario does the Back Air on Luigi. That's a welcome change.

Since we're talking about Pokemon, let's talk about Lucario's changes. First stuff that is visible right away.

Lucario's Aura Buff

YOU MUST RECOVER *SDs*

of course Smashers use self-destruct for suiciding, they have to use a Pokemon term for everything

harmonize

Starters would be:

1 > 4 = 6 > 2 > 5 > 3

One of the things that Gen I got completely right and no other generation has really came close in surpassing. 6 was promising initially, then the evolutions for Chespin and Fennekin were revealed and it just went all downhill. 2, 5 and 3 are close enough to where they could switch up depending on my mood.

..I am ashamed...
Does Giratina show up in the beginning Pokemon lineup or something? I didn't see him.

YOU MUST RECOVER *SDs*

of course Smashers use self-destruct for suiciding, they have to use a Pokemon term for everything
Hey, Sakurai used it first - the term is official as early as Smash 64 iirc.

Speaking of Lucario's Aura buffs, he's going to be nigh-impossible to kill without gimping him or just directly hitting him all the way offscreen. That Up-B with high Aura is stupidly good.

Kyzon

Infernape da bess.

Goku fire monkey lets GO SON!

Yeahhhhhhh! One of my favorites.

1. Chesnaught
2. Charizard
3. Infernape
4. Greninja
5. Blastoise
6. Empoleon
7. Venusaur
8. Swampert
9. Typhlosion
10. Delphox
11. Blaziken
12. Feraligator
13. Sceptile
14. Meganium
15. Torterra
16. Serperior
17. Samurott
18. Emboar

That's how I'd list them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Starters would be:

1 > 4 = 6 > 2 > 5 > 3

One of the things that Gen I got completely right and no other generation has really came close in surpassing. 6 was promising initially, then the evolutions for Chespin and Fennekin were revealed and it just went all downhill. 2, 5 and 3 are close enough to where they could switch up depending on my mood.

Eh personally I beg to differ. I think 6 early forms were kinda lacking and it was the final form that made them truly defined. And 1 for me was pretty eh save for Blastoise.

Starters would be:

1 > 4 = 6 > 2 > 5 > 3

meh Gen 1 is way overrated. They all become obese reptiles.
starters?
3>1=6>4>2>5
I'd say this is probably the most agreeable consensus. Id switch the last three placements around with each other but close enough.

Nice work as always DaBoss.

And Dewott is effn awesome. Best starter 2nd evo.
Id say Dewott, Quilava and Grovyle are the best 1st stage starters.

-Horizon-

Does Giratina show up in the beginning Pokemon lineup or something? I didn't see him.

Hey, Sakurai used it first - the term is official as early as Smash 64 iirc.

Speaking of Lucario's Aura buffs, he's going to be nigh-impossible to kill without gimping him or just directly hitting him all the way offscreen. That Up-B with high Aura is stupidly good.
Near the end of the lineup behind Lugia or something. It goes by really quick, it's ridiculous. I didn't see it until someone pointed it out to me that he was in.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
k
What are we expecting for today's pic?

We already got a picture of Greninja earlier today. Get with the time zones, man!

I think that we'll get a troll pic. Maybe another non-specific shadow that may or may not show Ridley or Palutena.

Top Bottom