• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Madoka Magica 9

Okay that ending song that has Sayaka and Kyouko really put me in the dumps considering what had happened. Goddamnit why do these girls have to be struck hard with this magnitude of despair. Man Kyouko really turned around in this episode though while Homura is still the same. I have to say fuck that bunny since he takes life for granted and especially on what he said at the end of this episode made me so angry.

Oh boy episode 10 is next...

ckohler

vLURfal.jpg

x)

Be sure to listen to the audio commentaries. They were fun. :)

cajunator

Banned
Madoka Magica 8

Don't tell me that
Sayaka died
, if that's the case what the flipping fuck whyyyyyyyyyyyy why you do this to me. Is this anime trying to screw with me seriously. Those tears just killed me at the end, like nothing good happens for anybody in this anime. I swear the person who wrote this story were really sadistic and probably enjoyed the despair from these girls. And also screw those men who were talking shit like that , men who say shit like that are garbage and shame me as a man.

Ha...Hahahaha. BAHAAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
Ok Im done now.

Did you know you have great taste in stuff?

Gazoinks

The ED for Stardust Crusaders is a big step up from the EDs for Jojo Parts 1 and 2, simply because David Production is actually doing some interesting visual stuff with it now (like animating it) as opposed to just having a bunch of stills float over a background.

I like the eye closing at the end, that's a pretty cool little visual. Can't say I saw Walk Like An Egyptian coming, but it fits Part 3 pretty well even if it's not as awesome as Roundabout,

Madoka Magica 10

Holy shit are you saying that Homura's
been going through time repeatedly just to save Madoka and not letting that shitty bunny get his way
, what a twist my mind has been blown I did not see that coming. And really Homura's
character completely changed through the repeated cycle of time, to think her personality was that.

Midonin

Date A Live II 02

I've been waiting for the twins to show up, even though I knew nothing of what they were like. It's twins, and the one that's voiced by Maaya Uchida (Kaguya) is my favorite. She speaks in a way reminiscient of Rikka, but Uchida's going with something closer to her Mao-Wakana voice range for this one. Yuzuru's not bad, but Kaguya's got the clear edge here. Also, Tohka turns into a boy and then, after she goes back, asks Shido to look at her carpet.

cajunator

Banned
Madoka Magica 10

Holy shit are you saying that Homura's
been going through time repeatedly just to save Madoka and not letting that shitty bunny get his way
, what a twist my mind has been blown I did not see that coming. And really Homura's
character completely changed through the repeated cycle of time, to think her personality was that.

Yep. Now everything has come to light.

fertygo

The ED for Stardust Crusaders is a big step up from the EDs for Jojo Parts 1 and 2, simply because David Production is actually doing some interesting visual stuff with it now (like animating it) as opposed to just having a bunch of stills float over a background.

Yeah, its pretty cool.. its maybe only beaten by Ping Pong's ED for this season.

Yeah well, if they want to have no money left for anything else!
Eh I don't think DIO is on higher tier than Bangles or YES to make it harder/pricier to negotiate.

Madoka Magica 9

Okay that ending song that has Sayaka and Kyouko really put me in the dumps considering what had happened. Goddamnit why do these girls have to be struck hard with this magnitude of despair. Man Kyouko really turned around in this episode though while Homura is still the same. I have to say fuck that bunny since he takes life for granted and especially on what he said at the end of this episode made me so angry.

I thought that Kyoubei fed upon the girl's despair, but I was wrong. It fed of viewer's despair! :D

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Madoka Magica 9

Sayaka x Kyouko will always be the OTP. Fret not!

KyoAni changed it from the LN where Kyon cracks the case and explains it. Then again the original didn't have the younger sister and they all got drunk. So yeah quite a few changes.

Well that's a piece of information that would've been nice to know. Then again I don't know how the party drinking would've flied with viewers.

Hajime no Ippo: Rising 15:
Downright hilarious. It's awesome seeing Yagi and Shinoda messing around with everyone and showing their sadistic side, and the first half of the episode had a lot of really great expressions for the characters. I love it whenever the animators get to go all out on everyone's faces during the more comedic moments.

The second half of the episode was a shift, and it was nice to see some good stuff with Takamura and Miyata training. I'm looking forward to seeing the Eagle fight animated. This episode also had some really well scored moments, particularly when they were talking about Takamura's title match. There's no way not to get pumped up there.

Eusis

Well that's a piece of information that would've been nice to know. Then again I don't know how the party drinking would've flied with viewers.
I actually sort of wonder if there's some broadcast restrictions there or something. It happened in older anime at least a few times, but nothing newer I recall seeing had that happen.

I actually sort of wonder if there's some broadcast restrictions there or something. It happened in older anime at least a few times, but nothing newer I recall seeing had that happen.

*shrugs* Who knows. All I know is that I now move on to Endless Eight. God have mercy on my soul.

Gazoinks

Mushishi S2 3

This was an especially visually strong episode. They did a great job of creating a wintery, cold atmosphere. Watching it made me cold! Content-wise was good as usual. Melancholy, but not fully tragic. Interestingly, it was another one where the mushi felt along for the ride instead of being the cause of the problem, although it was more active than in the last episode. Wonder if that's the overall tilt for this season.

Madoka Magica 11

I got to say that battle scene with Homura was beautifully done with all the explosion she thrown around at that monster. Man Homura did really have it bad , made me sympathize for her a lot more now. All the characters have been enjoyable except shitty bunny, and I stand by my words that Sayaka and Kyouko are the best characters in this anime. I'm going in for the last episode I hope it's great, because the ride has been really awesome.

The more I look at the Jojo art style the more I get bothered by something about the shadows and the faces. I don't know what it is. I think it's all of the lines on the faces.

cajunator

Banned
Sayaka x Kyouko will always be the OTP. Fret not!

Of course!

Madoka Magica 11

I got to say that battle scene with Homura was beautifully done with all the explosion she thrown around at that monster. Man Homura did really have it bad , made me sympathize for her a lot more now. All the characters have been enjoyable except shitty bunny, and I stand by my words that Sayaka and Kyouko are the best characters in this anime. I'm going in for the last episode I hope it's great, because the ride has been really awesome.

Not gonna say I told you so but..

Madoka Magica 11

My man. Glad you're enjoying it. It's always cool to see an anime resonate with someone.

Tenumi

Banned
Dragonball: 05

Ah... stuck in the desert, our heroes meet Yamcha, a bandit who's more than a match for Goku. Oh, and he's afraid of women, apparently. And Oolong is part of the gang now.

cajunator

Banned
My man. Glad you're enjoying it. It's always cool to see an anime resonate with someone.

I kept pestering my friend in town to watch Madoka Magica and when he finally marathoned it with me he proclaimed it one of the best anime he has ever seen and he has seen stuff since the 70s. I guess that counts as resonating.
He also made a youtube review of it.

I kept pestering my friend in town to watch Madoka Magica and when he finally marathoned it with me he proclaimed it one of the best anime he has ever seen and he has seen stuff since the 70s. I guess that counts as resonating.
He also made a youtube review of it.

That's some serious resonating. You've seen my whole 2 page review on the show in the last thread. It didn't strike me as one of the best anime ever but it was really, really good. Maybe in my top 20 so I guess it didn't do so bad...

Also is your friend GlassReflection. :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
YuruYuri changed a chocolate fag to fruit juice. Guess you can't show children even smoking fake fags on TV.

JWmVJFt.jpg

cajunator

Banned
That's some serious resonating. You've seen my whole 2 page review on the show in the last thread. It didn't strike me as one of the best anime ever but it was really, really good. Maybe in my top 20 so I guess it didn't do so bad...

Also is your friend GlassReflection. :p

Nope he doesnt post on Gaf at all.

Nordicus

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori 23-24

People are going buttfucking insane! Because the rumor of Hell Link is spreading and people are paranoid, they're sending each other to Hell and this one poor little kid who experienced an infamous disappearing case, gets the blame for it. "Oh it was the Devil's Child, he stared menacingly at my husband and made him disappear!"

At some point, someone must have figured out what's going on in this town and reached the conclusion that 100% of the disappearances have been because people are vengeful, opportunistic bastards who are not afraid of commiting the perfect crime.

This turn of events is quite stretching my suspension of disbelief, but I can't say that it isn't a rather awesome worst case scenario.

Midonin

Riddle Story of Devil 03

Knew it wouldn't be long before the show used the "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" strategy. Haru's plan of making friends with everyone is noble, but when you have serial killers like Takechi running around, it's simply not possible. I'm appreciating all the different ending themes, and Funi did a good job conveying all the puns and wordplay going on during the greenhouse scene.

jgminto

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 3

Good exposition episode. I feel like this confirms that the show is being paced for more than 30 episodes.

That was an...interesting choice for the ED. I don't really think it was a great choice, Walk Like an Egyptian isn't a song that gets you excited. Would be cool if they change it once the gang gets to Egypt and things get serious.

Jojo's Stardust 3

Good episode for emotional manly tears for one of my favorite characters. Also the pose they strike at the end? FABULOUS!

Also the ED song has joined the best ED's in anime, because it's an english song. Walk like an Egyptian!

fertygo

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 3

Good exposition episode. I feel like this confirms that the show is being paced for more than 30 episodes.

That was an...interesting choice for the ED. I don't really think it was a great choice, Walk Like an Egyptian isn't a song that gets you excited. Would be cool if they change it once the gang gets to Egypt and things get serious.

Its pretty chill and classy song though perfect for ED, at least like you said before thing get serious.. but its nice fit for the adventure/expedition tone that the show goes through right now, the part with walking animation played perfectly (I assume they made the song choice with that scene in mind lol)

Midonin

While GochiUsa is my favorite show of the season and Love Live is the one I feel is the most well produced, Wixoss is the most interesting.

Branduil

I guess on the plus side, at least Wixoss shows incest as something socially unacceptable that leads to ostracism rather than something totally normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom