• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't mean to line you up with that lot, but if you're really interested in knowing that MS don't have halo, gears, fable and forza in their presentation, then you should have known that it's old news if you watched their conference last year.

They tend to reveal games early like the past years. And people don't raise questions like some do now.

I did mate. I just don't want them playing it safe if you know what I mean , not just this year but in future. They got predictable during the latter stages of 360 imo. I want them to do well.

Majanew

Banned
I really hope The Covenant aren't in this game. Halo 4 was a letdown for me in that Chief just had to fight the damn Covenant once again. Send Chief to parts of the Universe where the Covenant aren't at, and they can't get to.

For those wondering why they announced it so early, Phil said they had so much content some was being shown after and before E3. Maybe they wanted to get the announcement of Halo 5 out of the way and save time by just showing a trailer. Either way Halo 5 won't be the focus this E3 with Halo 2 Anniversary coming.

Holy shit.

Would have rathered them do a real time announcement trailer at E3. Especially because we have no idea what that suit is or means without context. Is it a new suit Mc obtains? A new playable character? An enemy?

Anyway. Excited. Halo is really the only big reason I bought an Xbox One day one.

Guess you will have to tune in for E3 then...which I'm sure is the intent of all these announcements ;)

Talents

Banned
Yea... no. Not getting hyped at all until we see if 343 have actually learnt anything. I'll get hyped when they show a True Skill visual ranked system (e.g. 1-50, Bronze - Diamond etc), no armor abilities in ranked, no weapon customization in ranked, no Orbital drops, everyone starting with the same stuff in ranked plus other stuff.

I just had a horrifying thought... perhaps the other Spartan will become Johns replacement in the games to come.

How old is 117 now anyway? can't keep this shit up forever.

46/47 based on the books. He's born in 2511 and H4 takes place in 2557.
That being said, he does spend considerable time in cryo, and since he's frozen for 4 years after the events of H3, plus how much ever he is in cryo during other events, he's probably aged only to be 35 years, but is most likely 40 in age.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds awesome, I'll take a kinect-less Halo 5 bundle, s'il vous plait

Fracas

#fuckonami
For those wondering why they announced it so early, Phil said they had so much content some was being shown after and before E3. Maybe they wanted to get the announcement of Halo 5 out of the way and save time by just showing a trailer. Either way Halo 5 won't be the focus this E3 with Halo 2 Anniversary coming.

I agree. Both this and the Kinectless SKU announcements were important but not really something you'd detail at a huge press conference. It's increasingly obvious Halo 2 is this year, and you wouldn't want to mention that one of your biggest exclusives in Halo 5 was delayed. Best to get it out of the way and let Halo 2 take the spotlight.

keit4

Banned
bzJR0z7.jpg

Lol

fable-2-cover-xbobx360.jpg

Lol

Rampage99

Does anbody remeber that pastebin leak that was posted a while back (I tried searching for the thread but haven't been successful)? I know it was crushed pretty quickly but with the new description for Gurdians given for the bigger more open world, MC in a cloak and the new concept art which it appears that chief is roaming around in Covenant lands (potentially lending itself to the MC gone rogue thing that multiple people are guessing), and the new character (which has an ONI logo on the chest plate) maybe huntin the Chief... I mean this could be totally off base but there also seems to be some potential credence to what was leaked.

What's with the CBOAT praise? Someone have a quote of what he said?

Also, has it been discussed that there is a possibility that the upper Spartan is just MC in a new suit of armor?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Does anbody remeber that pastebin leak that was posted a while back (I tried searching for the thread but haven't been successful)? I know it was crushed pretty quickly but with the new description for Gurdians given for the bigger more open world, MC in a cloak and the new concept art which it appears that chief is roaming around in Covenant lands (potentially lending itself to the MC gone rogue thing that multiple people are guessing), and the new character (which has an ONI logo on the chest plate) maybe huntin the Chief... I mean this could be totally off base but there also seems to be some potential credence to what was leaked.

That pastebin leak was full of burning fancy and molten nonsense.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm just really confused, as delays are usually met with rage, not excitement.

Delay? When did we say Halo 5 was releasing in 2014? When Bonnie Ross said "your Journey begins in 2014" at last year's E3 about half the people in the thread said, "That means something is coming in 2014 and Halo 5 is coming in 2015."

Now the question is, "Is 2014 something super tiny or a bombzaldroppen?"

Ran Ran

There is no point to focus on Halo 5 at E3 when it doesn't come out until fall 2015. Might as well focus on the Halo game they are releasing this year. (I'm assuming it to be H2A)

eso76

I really hope The Covenant aren't in this game. Halo 4 was a letdown for me in that Chief just had to fight the damn Covenant once again. Send Chief to parts of the Universe where the Covenant aren't at, and they can't get to.

Yeah uh. Except the new enemies were the worst part of Halo 4.
343 completely missed the point there, so I don't know.

If they are going to introduce a new kind of enemy, they have to be as good as the covenants in terms of AI (H4 enemies weren't)

Have different classes with a clear hierarchy, different behaviors that the player can learn and understand quickly.
They have to make the AI clear, readable (sound and visual clues) and predictable to an extent.

GhaleonEB

Delay? When did we say Halo 5 was releasing in 2014? When Bonnie Ross said "your Journey begins in 2014" at last year's E3 about half the people in the thread said, "That means something is coming in 2014 and Halo 5 is coming in 2015."

I don't think you can blame folks for not understanding the rather opaque PR speak from the last E3. A lot of folks connected the dots but it wasn't very clear messaging.

I hope its not some sort of spinoff or episodic game linked to Halo 5. Let it be just Halo 2.

Caja 117

lol, I love you.

Anyways I see it possible that Halo 2 A is coming this year with a beta access to Halo 5...(will help boost those Halo 2 A sales, IMO)

_woLf

Really weird name choice. Sounds awkward and very not-Halo. Oh well.

Also, I'm pretty sure Microsoft set their calendars a month ahead by mistake.

It's weird, but I'm actually more excited for Halo 2 Anniversary than I am for Halo 5....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom