• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 8: Put mii in, coach

jnWake

The "fakest" part of the leak is that if he indeed saw Ridley, then why the hell didn't he take a picture of his slot?

I won't believe that anyone had a chance to photograph a leak and decides to take a photo of everything that is known instead of the new stuff.

Blues1990

It's going to be bananas once E3 2014 begins in June, and out of all the new characters that they have announced, I'm looking forward to play as Mega Man the most. I can't wait to bring the pain with the revamp Robot Master Weapons, such as the Top Spin, Spark Shock, & Slash Claw.

Faker got greedy with the multiple pictures.

I mean, I get that he put a lot of work in to it and wanted to show off but just a single shot would have at least gotten people talking with those interesting lock designs.

DaBoss

Dedede's single change and some discussion regarding change in how projectiles are handled

You can read the previous Gordo Throw post here, but I'm gonna say the same stuff and put more detail in this post.

Gordo Throw

Apologies for the colors for people who view the GIF. I didn't want to make it large in file size (still somewhat big). Would be best to view the WebM (click the GIF if you don't have the WebM embedding extension/add-on).

So this is his new Side Special. Swings his hammer and launches the Gordos at you. In Brawl it was known as the Waddle Dee Throw which had Dedede throwing Waddle Dees, but it also had the chance of throwing Waddle Doos, and Gordos, but both of them have a lower chance of appearing compared to Waddle Dees (Gordos having the lowest chance out of the 3).

The Gordos seem to launch at a fixed angle and speed, so every time Dedede uses it, there won't be any variation.

As shown in the GIF/WebM, Zero Suit Samus deflects it with her Side Tilt (or Strong Side Attack as Sakurai calls it). It gets sped up and its angle seems to be higher than the one that Dedede has.

So the Gordo seems to disappear once it touches the ground, but the circumstances for it seems to be that it has to hit someone. Someone being an opponent or Dedede himself as shown above. There is one time where it seems to disappear once it hits ZSS, but that seems to happen because it hit ZSS at the edge or something and bounced downwards instead of upwards.

Not really known whether it can hit two people one after another.

Now here is another GIF of the Gordo:
ibfbKKgGpHNGSc.gif

Slowed down to 1/4 at the first 3 frames and then 1/2 speed for the rest.

The Gordo seems to be going up and down instead of having any horizontal movement.

Now what caused this seems to be Diddy Kong's Down Tilt (Down Strong Attack). The ending animation of the attack seems to be there.

Order of what happened:
1. Dedede launched the Gordo
2. Diddy uses Down Tilt on the Gordo which causes it to go up (we can see some effects of the attack in the first frame)
3. We see it bounce once off of the ground
4. It disappears after landing on its bounce

You can tell the Gordo is now Diddy's since he doesn't get hurt by it when he basically crosses paths with it when the Luma hit Diddy.

This indicates that the Gordos don't disappear if they touch the ground without hurting a character. It isn't clear how many bounces the Gordos have without hitting an opponent before they disappear.

It's interesting that both ZSS and Diddy used Tilts (Strong Attacks) to hit the Gordo and make it theirs. The move would be hard to react to at a close range, but at a further range, it would be much easier to deflect it.

I'm wondering how Sakurai is changing how projectiles work.

In an old (2013/Oct/09) POTD, he showed this:
ibs5BPknMXt422.jpg

"Pic of the day. If it's just a missile, a sword can slice it right up. Of course, you could also just use your bare hands."
Thanks to Zeer0id for the album: http://minus.com/m_SSB4dailies

Though that isn't a Tilt, that is a Standard Attack. But slicing up a missile is pretty unique.

Maybe each projectile has been tweaked so they are easier to deal with and are done so in a unique way? We'll find out eventually.

Princess_Eevee9

Neo Member
I may or may not go to the midnight release. It depends on if my roommate has to work or not.

Excited though because I know nothing about the tracks yet.
I played the demo against my brother. We tied for wins but he claims we didn't play but 5. All in all he's going down on Friday! Last post for the night. Sweet Dreams all.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Regard with Daboss' post.

I have a hutch that team are trying to get rid almost all of random factors in the moveset, such as Peach's forward smash, Dedede's Side Special, etc. I really hope that they don't get rid of random effects for Peach's Turnip and Game and Watch's Hammer.

wait, so you're telling me there won't be a 51+playable characters in this game?

Welp there goes my bet with heath :p

Just got back from comic con....had a blast!

Glad to see a new thread already.

I really hope that they don't get rid of random effects for Peach's Turnip and Game and Watch's Hammer

Better not change that wonderful turnip magic! D:

Muzy72

Banned
Regard with Daboss' post.

I have a hutch that team are trying to get rid almost all of random factors in the moveset, such as Peach's forward smash, Dedede's Side Special, etc. I really hope that they don't get rid of random effects for Peach's Turnip and Game and Watch's Hammer.

I really like Dedede's new Side Special. The Waddle Dees were pretty useless but these Gordos definitely seem great.

Mr Buddy

Attempt to photoshop them together:

Nice job putting them all together! You can definitely see that the creator of the image did pay attention to the details. Like the ridley icon for player two, and how the infamous "Y"pic has a blue outline around it like it's selected. I almost wish it was real
almost

Kyou

If that's the case, make one yourself with convincing details like integration of the GUI shown in the direct or the transparency or the smash symbol on the lock icons.

My point is you aren't giving the creator of the leaked pics any credit.

...he took the menu from the direct picture and changed the text on it, took pictures from the website for character portraits, and used a stock lock vector and put the smash lines over it

*jazz hands* wow I am stunned by the hour tops this would have taken

I would be super down for believing in this supposed-leak, but there's one crucial issue: the outline of the box for the selected character is going through Marth's head.

Oh, and if it was really a leak they would've gotten a picture of Ridley, but that has already been pointed out.

If that's the case, make one yourself with convincing details like integration of the GUI shown in the direct or the transparency or the smash symbol on the lock icons.

My point is you aren't giving the creator of the leaked pics any credit.

come on man, why are you still discussing this thing anyway
image.php

I would be super down for believing in this supposed-leak, but there's one crucial issue: the outline of the box for the selected character is going through Marth's head.
That's actually one of the more intricate details--when you hover over a character in Brawl without selecting them, they are translucent.

Ezalc

3 rows of characters just looks like a bad idea.

Honestly I could see it happening. I mean if we take Brawl as an example, I believe none of the "big" franchises, like Mario, Zelda or Pokemon had more than 4 reps. This time we have basically 5 from each already. So doing 4 rows and having them be vertical wouldn't make sense. They could add another row so there's 5 instead of 4 but I feel like that would be too much going down then. They could keep the character franchises still going horizontally though but I don't know I don't think having another row for less columns makes all that much sense. Maybe only to put all the characters who only have 1 representative from each franchise on there or something.

Also something to note in the pictures is that the big 3 from nintendo each are the start of each row. I think that makes sense.

Anyway, might be just me but I think that roster picture at least makes some kind of sense in terms where things are placed, except for the question marks showing all the missing characters and etc. that looks odd yeah. Not making an argument either way but just a few things I noticed.

Honestly I could see it happening. I mean if we take Brawl as an example, I believe none of the "big" franchises, like Mario, Zelda or Pokemon had more than 4 reps. This time we have basically 5 from each already. So doing 4 rows and having them be vertical wouldn't make sense. They could add another row so there's 5 instead of 4 but I feel like that would be too much going down then. They could keep the character franchises still going horizontally though but I don't know I don't think having another row for less columns makes all that much sense. Maybe only to put all the characters who only have 1 representative from each franchise on there or something.

Also something to note in the pictures is that the big 3 from nintendo each are the start of each row. I think that makes sense.

Anyway, might be just me but I think that roster picture at least makes some kind of sense in terms where things are placed, except for the question marks showing all the missing characters and etc. that looks odd yeah. Not making an argument either way but just a few things I noticed.

3x17 with a random space in the bottom right (as an example) sounds horrible
and besides this isn't Street Fighter :p

MAtgS

I wish someone would go the distance & create fake roster screens for both platforms, this 1 obviously never thought how that would look on 3DS.

The Ike reveal made me really hyped for the game for some reason.

I wasn't THAT hyped before. Must be the prospect of my main being buffed, both model-wise and moveset wise.

JoeInky

The "fakest" part of the leak is that if he indeed saw Ridley, then why the hell didn't he take a picture of his slot?

I won't believe that anyone had a chance to photograph a leak and decides to take a photo of everything that is known instead of the new stuff.

If I had the chance to leak something and tease ridley even further I would do the same.

He's the most sought after character that gets people flinging shit everywhere on /v/ and that's where these leaks are usually posted, who the fuck wouldn't want to make it get even more heated?

Honestly I'm on the fence about the leak, leaning towards it being real, we're a couple of weeks away from the best buy demo event so I'm pretty sure if that stuff isn't being leaked now, it sure as hell will be over these coming weeks.

I wish someone would go the distance & create fake roster screens for both platforms, this 1 obviously never thought how that would look on 3DS.

Nothing says the character selection for both versions is going to look the same, and I actually doubt it will, given the massive differences in screen size for both versions.

3 rows of characters just looks like a bad idea.
Yeah, the number of characters isn't that unrealistic to me, but having it spread THAT thin even if the game is native-1080p seems really cumbersome for a UI to me. Also wondering why a few characters we've already seen revealed aren't on it, or the ones the leak mentions like Ridley.

Wish I hadn't been swamped with work when the Ike reveal happened, but still glad that he's still in, being the only FE rep I ever use in Smash and all. If they were to reveal Wolf/Lucas/Snake soon I'll be convinced that Squirtle/Ivysaur are going to be the only cuts we'll get.

jph139

Another piece against it is that Wii Fit Trainer is written as "WII FIT TRAINER" rather than "Wii Fit TRAINER" like it is in all other official places. That pushes it over the edge into fake territory for me.

Top Bottom