• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 8: Put mii in, coach

Tripon

Mario Kart...

I mean, better late than never!
ibqOjXtpwYuamc.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110045869&postcount=10190

Haha. Oh Ridley, you will never be in Smash like you want to.

RagnarokX

Playing as Rosalina in Mario Kart 8 has me so excited to do well with her in Smash 4. You guys might find some amusement in some of the replays I have. I know prodigy will.

Oh wow, spot on with that Sandopolis opening. :lol :lol :lol

I was thinking Marble Garden because last one had him launched into the air like the end of Hydrocity, but he does get buried in Sandopolis'. It's like a combo.

Man I can't wait for E3. That exact day so much is going on, and it's just all gonna be a blast. I really can't wait to see the game played by actual players other than Sakurai. I can't wait for the new reveals, I can't wait for the inevitable Final Destination glory in HD and all that fun jazz.

Not only on that day do we get to watch the tournament, digital event & roundtable. The next day some of us get to PLAY the wiiU game half a year before it comes out.

All of us will get to analyze and glean juicy details from the tourney & those who do make it to SmashFest.

Too fucking hype for words.

Not only on that day do we get to watch the tournament, digital event & roundtable. The next day some of us get to PLAY the wiiU game half a year before it comes out.

All of us will get to analyze and glean juicy details from the tourney & those who do make it to SmashFest.

Too fucking hype for words.

Agreed. I'm lucky enough to have a close Best Buy that has it. In walking distance. Might have to go both days. I really can't wait. It's literally keeping me up at night.

Crocodile

tbh i dont look at it as a serious tournament. the items being available made this obvious. also doing this is the best way to see the most out of this game as possible. everyone picking similar characters would be too boring

I don't mean the invitational but rather tournaments that will happen when the game comes out

Weekend SmashGAF the day after the MK8 launch can't be the most exciting time to join :/ Nevertheless, welcome!

Okay, to start a new topic for those here, what is your first match set up going to be?

I'll be heading into training with Mario vs Bowser on Battefield to practice the controls, physics and the like.

After that, I'll probably test all the stages, then begin to master Little Mac.

It depends on who's unlocked from the get-go. If Villager's unlocked, I'll use him; if not Villager, then Peach; if not Peach, the Mario. I'll do my standard 5-minute match on Battlefield against either Captain Falcon or Link. I probably won't do any solo modes until I've gotten a feel for the game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Unlockable in both games with the option of Unlocking them all at once if you sync the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Okay, to start a new topic for those here, what is your first match set up going to be?

I'll be heading into training with Mario vs Bowser on Battefield to practice the controls, physics and the like.

After that, I'll probably test all the stages, then begin to master Little Mac.

Well I was trying to think of what I traditionally did with the games and that'd be pick my favorite character (thematically) & beat classic mode with them then work my way through with every character in order of who I like the most till all characters are unlocked that can be through that method, then look up how to unlock the rest because I am WEAK

Not that I don't think Wario will be in the game, but I don't think that tweet means a whole lot.

Just NoA's tweeter people spouting off random Nintendo stuff.

I am super duper curious about the connectivity between the two versions

I think and hope that custom movesets will have something to do with it but who knows? I could definitely see an option to unlock all the features and characters you've accessed through the 3ds ver. on the wiiU though.

When the game comes out me and a friend keep to our smash tradition of just spending an ungodly amount of hours in vs mode until we are familiar with all the new content

Anyone think Nintendo will do some kind of crazy offer with smash like they did with mk8 and the free game? It would be rad to get another free game but I doubt they would be that generous

Brawl96

I don't think its a matter of familiarity for my first game, more of a "CANT CONTAIN EXCITEMENT" type of situation. Like once the game is in my hands, in my 3DS, I'll just be too excited to play as anyone and just put the game down.

Brawl96

Interesting thought.

How cool is everyone with playing smash on the 3DS? We're all so used to the GC controller that I think it will be weird that our only control option will be the classic four face buttons and standard shoulder buttons.

Anth0ny

Interesting thought.

How cool is everyone with playing smash on the 3DS? We're all so used to the GC controller that I think it will be weird that our only control option will be the classic four face buttons and standard shoulder buttons.

It's the main reason why I'm not that hyped for the 3DS game. That circle pad is ass.

DaBoss

Sonic

Some of this was mentioned by other people.

Homing Attack
ibkp7roQ9geZZp.gif

Has been given a buff by increasing the range. I compared it with Brawl's and it just came short of Smash 4's. It seems the initial charge up goes higher as well, but it is hard to compare due to the angle differences.

Lost World Bumper

The charge up animation now has a yellow flash to indicate it is charging. Mindblowing, I know. :p

That really isn't the focus here. You should look at the part where Sonic touches the bumper.

When Sonic touches the bumper, it sent Sonic upwards which is expected. What's weird is that the damage indicator occurs and smoke trails appear. Seems like the bumper isn't going to act like the springs within the game.

Spike

With a nice little combo, Sonic ends it off with his down air which now has a meteor smash property meaning you can spike opponents with it. This move isn't really meant to be used very far or too low from the stage, otherwise it would be certain doom for Sonic.

It has some nice speed and length compared to other spike moves, but being accurate with it may seem difficult if you use it from a far distance, so it would probably be best used within a close distance like he does here.

This is a change that was implemented after his reveal.

I find it interesting that Sonic has been shown off in Smash 4 as a "combo" (quotation marks because these are set up, so it may not match any real battle scenarios) character. They've shown him to use one move right into another many times since his reveal trailer. The only other character they've done this with is Wii Fit Trainer.

I hope that he becomes a better character.

I seriously hop Sonic gets some decent buffs. I loved playing as him, but he couldn't kill for shit. If we do get real combos in Smash 4, it would be a really good help for him overall.

R0ckman

He should dominate in every match at the start, and then slowly get worse until you can't even control him by the end. Make a sonic cycle moveset.

I would main him just to laugh at this mechanic and I hate the everlasting loving shit out of modern Sonic. It seems like his shit priority hasn't changed either. Little Mac punches him out of his homing move like he's batting away a nat.

DJIzana

Sonic

Some of this was mentioned by other people.

Homing Attack
ibkp7roQ9geZZp.gif

Has been given a buff by increasing the range. I compared it with Brawl's and it just came short of Smash 4's. It seems the initial charge up goes higher as well, but it is hard to compare due to the angle differences.

Lost World Bumper

The charge up animation now has a yellow flash to indicate it is charging. Mindblowing, I know. :p

That really isn't the focus here. You should look at the part where Sonic touches the bumper.

When Sonic touches the bumper, it sent Sonic upwards which is expected. What's weird is that the damage indicator occurs and smoke trails appear. Seems like the bumper isn't going to act like the springs within the game.

Spike

With a nice little combo, Sonic ends it off with his down air which now has a meteor smash property meaning you can spike opponents with it. This move isn't really meant to be used very far or too low from the stage, otherwise it would be certain doom for Sonic.

It has some nice speed and length compared to other spike moves, but being accurate with it may seem difficult if you use it from a far distance, so it would probably be best used within a close distance like he does here.

This is a change that was implemented after his reveal.

I find it interesting that Sonic has been shown off in Smash 4 as a "combo" (quotation marks because these are set up, so it may not match any real battle scenarios) character. They've shown him to use one move right into another many times since his reveal trailer. The only other character they've done this with is Wii Fit Trainer.

I hope that he becomes a better character.

Man... I really hope Sonic is a lot better in this one. He's a great character. Really hoping someone is nice enough to choose him in the invitationals, somehow.

PS... those GIF's. Damn... looking amazing.

Are there any current Smash Bros tournaments going on or streaming right now? If not were there any recently that I could watch? I'm taking a break from MK8 and have about an hour before I go to the movies with my wife and I am itching to watch some smash!

Top Bottom