• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 8: Put mii in, coach

munchie64

I'm up for some avatar bets! These are all one week, first bets are active first, and no nsfw/bannable avatars obviously.

- Ness returns Taken by Troubled Bat
- Ridley is playable
- Palutena is playable Taken by ErrorMacro
- Captain Falcon returns
- Exclusive mode for Wii U

tumblr_m3fbwmdVQM1qeyp1lo5_250.gif

EDIT: I bet that all of these will be revealed at E3.
Ridley bet. I'm serious.

Caladrius

Troubled Bat love dem bets.

As do I

but only one person has ever taken one up with me. (I made a bet I couldn't possibly win in order to see if someone could actually make an avatar that would embarrass me. They copped out on it at the last minute.)

Caladrius

What was the bet?

There was a two month "mystery" countdown to the Persona announcement last November.

There was hard evidence showing up that the announcement was indeed Persona 5 (to the point where virtually everyone in PersonaGAF was certain that was the case).

I bet that Persona 5 wouldn't be announced that day.

Dr. Buni

There was a two month "mystery" countdown to the Persona announcement last November.

There was hard evidence showing up that the announcement was indeed Persona 5 (to the point where virtually everyone in PersonaGAF was certain that was the case).

I bet that Persona 5 wouldn't be announced that day.
You're a brave one.

I remember that day and the people going crazy because ATLUS was a dick an announced Persona Q before Persona 5. lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
4 out of 5 guaranteed at E3? You have high hopes.

Yes, for E3 specifically. The Ness bet is a deal!

There were five bets (Four after Troubled Bat took the Ness one), which are you wanting to take?

I would take it if you are willing to make a bet that ALL of those 5 would happens at E3. :p

Those are both the epitome of what an assist trophy should be. I definitely want to see them both make an appearance, although Professor Layton is a Level-5 character.

I would make an avatar bet, but with my luck I'd win and then have to come up with an avatar for somebody. That's way too much effort.

Well, What about Professor Layton in the Smash? I bet that he wouldn't.

DaBoss

Peachy (again)

So this was posted in Thread 6: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108315192&postcount=19546

Peach's Side Smash now only uses a tennis racket
i7cBKDYorMbKp.gif

ibxXXdayGWX75i.jpg

itgyLdBAz8Er6.jpg

She only uses one hand in all of these. Of course, there is the possibility that the tennis racket now has a unique animation. I just think it is more likely that she only uses a tennis racket now.

In Brawl and Melee, she would use both hands for everything (tennis racket, golf club, frying pan).

You can also see Peach's dress split at the front during the animation of the attack cause clothing physics.

Mario Tennis > Mario Golf

The following was found by ffdgh:

Peach's dash change
iBxyNNBm0TUXV.gif

iN8CSZZZ0zBSd.gif

It seems like she loses momentum from the initial dash in the slowed down version, but she actually doesn't. The animation seems to be similar to her speed-walking animation where she starts skipping.

Peach has a real double jump again!
idCWGv8XagAUw.gif
i7HXiRwfV29ux.gif

In Brawl, her double jump was more like a short hop, maybe even worse than that. This is a straightforward and welcome change.

I was waiting till a week was left to start it up. Since there's so much stuff happening, it means a lot of craziness will happen.

So guys.. It's time to place your bets! Lets go!!

Who wants to avatar bet me!! >:0

2 new characters and a veteran let's go!!
1 3rd party character (may be one of above)
Sword user not previously shown in Smash4 will be shown

There, all of those in one

Open to some bets as well

Haha if you really want it you can take it. I just really wanted to avatar bet and went the insane choice :p
The guy's betting that Ridley will be revealed at E3. We have a small amount of evidence suggesting that Ridley is a boss character and not a playable one.

How is betting that Ridley won't be revealed at E3 insane, exactly? Again, it's the safest choice. >_>

While I did like the references in Peach's forward smash, restricting it to only the tennis racket will be a welcome change since it was an unreliable KO move (for me, anyway).

2 new characters and a veteran let's go!!
1 3rd party character (may be one of above)
Sword user not previously shown in Smash4 will be shown

There, all of those in one

Open to some bets as well

I'll take this bet! We'll get more than that. Mwuhahaha!

I still stand by Ganondorf one, if you want to take that? :p

I'll take this bet! We'll get more than that. Mwuhahaha!

I still stand by Ganondorf one, if you want to take that? :p

Whoah woah I meant AT LEAST
CRAP
Can I change that? Ill make it tougher if I have to as a penalty
EDIT: Ill take your Ganondorf bet if I can change that to an at least, and push it up to 2 newcomers
And swordsman to new swordman

Yoooooo Azen is killing it @ Xanadu.

I only saw his match with Chudat, but it's seriously impressive seeing what he can do with the old school play style. He can just read anybody like a book.

While I did like the references in Peach's forward smash, restricting it to only the tennis racket will be a welcome change since it was an unreliable KO move (for me, anyway).

Was there actually a difference in the attack based off what she pulls out? I always thought it was just an aesthetic. If there was a difference, it makes sense considering the general trend of removing randomness. If it was just visual, that's a strange and unfortunate change
because frying pan was the best

munchie64

The guy's betting that Ridley will be revealed at E3. We have a small amount of evidence suggesting that Ridley is a boss character and not a playable one.

How is betting that Ridley won't be revealed at E3 insane, exactly? Again, it's the safest choice. >_>
Cause Ridley's totes playable.

No actually I was wrong and thought he was doing it the other way round cause his original post makes it absolutely seem that way, as did the other people betting.

forget ridley, when was the last time we discussed the lack of rep this guy has been enduring all these years

Toadcharacterselect.jpg

Toad's in the same boat as Waddle Dee. Too generic and not enough abilities to make an interesting playable character out of. Not that it can't happen...but I think he's better off represented through Peach's special move.

we can have captain toad from mario 3D world be a toad rep, he has a map and a ship and can get a move set, do it Sakurai

I see Bandanna Dee becoming playable in Smash before Toad ever does. If you're gonna make a tier 2 Mario character playable in should be Waluigi to complete the Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi set.

Ryce

I see Bandanna Dee becoming playable in Smash before Toad ever does. If you're gonna make a tier 2 Mario character playable in should be Waluigi to complete the Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi set.
Granted, Toad isn't terribly exciting, but he's not a "tier 2 Mario character" -- he's infinitely more important/relevant than Waluigi.

• Toad is only one of six characters to be playable in every Mario Kart (the rest are already in Smash Bros.)
  • Toad is the only playable Super Mario Bros. 2 character not in Smash Bros.
  • Toads are playable in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, NSMBU, and Super Mario 3D World

Granted, Toad isn't terribly exciting, but he's not a "tier 2 Mario character" -- he's infinitely more important/relevant than Waluigi.
  • Toad is only one of six characters to be playable in every Mario Kart (the rest are already in Smash Bros.)
  • Toads are playable in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, NSMBU, and Super Mario 3D World

*toad rescues Sakurai from Bowser*

Thank you Toad

But you being playable is in another game

Was there actually a difference in the attack based off what she pulls out? I always thought it was just an aesthetic. If there was a difference, it makes sense considering the general trend of removing randomness. If it was just visual, that's a strange and unfortunate change
because frying pan was the best

There was, yeah. Frying Pan for example would send the enemy vertically and I think there were damage differences too.

RagnarokX

Toads are even more generic than Yoshi, though. Maybe if they went with Captain Toad...

Such a shame about Peach's side smash. Not only did the three different weapons make it one of the more interesting smash attacks in the game, she's now stuck with the worst of the three. Hopefully they buffed the tennis racket to compensate.

Am sad Peach lost her frying pan, wish that had been kept as her main smash but given a different trajectory to keep the mario rpg reference alive. Peach's first playable game and unless she gets psyco bomb as a new fs she'll have nothing to reference it

Top Bottom