• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatever happened to Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDevilSummoner

zero cognitive reasoning abilities
Being canned is a possibility. Personally I highly doubt we will see any major titles for the WiiU past 2014 unless something drastic happens.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
It's so early in development that it wasn't supposed to be announced in the first place (very uncharastetic of Nintendo). IIRC, it was revealed in the first ND after the super low Jan '13 NPD as a PR tactic to boost confidence and interest of fans and possibly investors.

I'd like to know where it is too. I am really looking forward to seeing all the old Fire Emblem characters again.

It sounds like such a fun crossover. I really hope it's not having development issues or...cancelled.

NeonZ

Really, it's not only SMT x FE, there hasn't been any news about future Fire Emblem games at all since then in spite of Awakening's sales.

IrishNinja

pardon the bump, but this was the most recent thread i could find to re-raise the question of whether anyone still believes in this game's existence at this point

I don't think it's dead, but it was clearly severely impacted by all the major things that have happened at Atlus in the last year.

I keep telling you guys, until Devil Survivor 2 Code Break comes out, don't expect to see this game.

Foffy

Banned
I don't think it's dead, but it was clearly severely impacted by all the major things that have happened at Atlus in the last year.

I keep telling you guys, until Devil Survivor 2 Code Break comes out, don't expect to see this game.

Is Code Break even in development still?

While I'm sad that we haven't gotten an update, it probably makes more sense for them to show this at TGS.

Because both Nintendo and Atlus are known for their frequent showing off of games at TGS.

A Nintendo Direct is a more likely place for us to see it again, but maybe not until sometime next year. Given that they didn't even show it briefly at E3, I'm guessing the earliest we see it is late 2015, but I'd put my money on a 2016 release.

While I'm sad that we haven't gotten an update, it probably makes more sense for them to show this at TGS.

I would not expect to see it this year. There's been a lot of different issues that affected the development of this game in one way or another, so I doubt that it had been heavily worked on for a good amount of time.

Instro

To be fair we hadn't seen anything of Yoshi for like 2 years until this e3. The game was probably just beginning development when it was originally shown, judging by how they announced it. I'm sure the Atlus turmoil slowed it down too.

Still going with "it got announced before they'd actually started making it" combined with "atlus descended into chaos." Wouldn't be surprised to go without news til next e3. Between splatoon, zelda, and xenoblade x, they clearly aren't giving up on the console just yet, so I wouldn't be surprised at a late 2015 release, or even later as a bridging-to-next-system release.

It was first announced in the Jan 2013 direct yeah? If we assume it started development around that time, it'd probably be a late 2015 title.
It doesn't strike me as the type of game to have multiple E3 appearances, so I'm not surprised it wasn't shown this year. It'll likely pop up in a direct towards the end of the year or early next year, or they may just hold it for next E3.

Linkyn

pardon the bump, but this was the most recent thread i could find to re-raise the question of whether anyone still believes in this game's existence at this point

Tbh, I really don't care that much. Rgardless of whether this game makes it or not, I know we're getting a FE on Wii U eventually. That's enough for. Seeing as most of their current schedule pertains to late 2014 / early 2015, it may have slipped into late 2015. At any rate, they could always show it at any direct, so it's mot like we have to wait a year before there's a chance of seeing it again.

At this point, I honestly believe that the game was still being negotiated or the deal had just been struck when they made that announcement.

random25

It is still early in development. It's the only game I know that was revealed last year but never had any gameplay footage. Even the rough-looking Hyrule Warriors was shown back then.

I believe it is Atlus who's working on it. So with heavy priority on Persona games right now it looks like resources are not as large for that game right now. Hopefully we'll get some news in the incoming bi-monthly directs.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
The Nintendo producer behind the game, Hitoshi Yamagami is at E3. But apparently he is there to discuss the other games he worked on: Xenoblade Chronicles X and Fossil Fighters: Frontier,

Hindl

Yeah I noticed it's absence which wasn't great news, but all the shenanigans at Atlus recently and I can imagine it got affected. It may show up in the directs, but I'd expect something closer to E3 2015 we'll get a full reveal. Luckily Nintendo showed off enough to make up for it, but I'm hoping we'll see more of SMT X FE soon

I really wish someone from the gaming press would ask someone at Nintendo (EDIT: or Atlus) about the state of this game. I'm afraid no one in the press even remembers this game..... :(

Tom_Cody

Because both Nintendo and Atlus are known for their frequent showing off of games at TGS.

A Nintendo Direct is a more likely place for us to see it again, but maybe not until sometime next year. Given that they didn't even show it briefly at E3, I'm guessing the earliest we see it is late 2015, but I'd put my money on a 2016 release.
Nintendo doesn't do TGS.
My bad.

My intention was simply to say that it would make more sense to debut it in Japan in some way as opposed to making it a footnote at E3.

I would not expect to see it this year. There's been a lot of different issues that affected the development of this game in one way or another, so I doubt that it had been heavily worked on for a good amount of time.
Really? I haven't heard a single word about it since the teaser trailer was presented.

What further details are known?

IrishNinja

Tbh, I really don't care that much. Rgardless of whether this game makes it or not, I know we're getting a FE on Wii U eventually.

are we? granted GC & Wii did, but i don't know that that's in the bag this go around. thankfully the 3DS one was fantastic but that's a big part of why i wanted to see this thing happen, nevermind SMT making all things better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom