• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

This thread.

obama-sweat.jpg

Mentok

Banned
TLOU MP is excellent, and this is coming from a big competitive player. I cut my teeth on Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon and CS1.5/1.6.

The "radar" in TLOU is actually quite fair. If you're walking normally you won't show up on the radar at all. If someone fires a gun or begins running, it gives a general indicator as to direction or position but it's not specific enough to become a crutch like in Battlefield or COD. It's also possible to circumvent entirely using the in-game "perks". The same goes for the "listenning" mechanic. It's there, and you need to be conscious that it's there, but it's not powerful enough to be abused or become a crutch, and likewise it can be circumvented to your advantage using "perks". IMHO, the "radar" and "listenning" functions just help to give players without directional audio an equal playing ground. A good audio setup may serve you better in some situations than either of these functions will.

SOCOM placed a much larger emphasis on gunplay than TLOU does. TLOU is more about strategic play. Hitting headshots when it counts is still important, but you can build a character type that focuses primarily on crafting traps and/or stealth and still play extremely effectively. It's more about out-thinking your opponent than out-shooting them.

iTBTKBqQXbkqk.gif

Thanks for the insightful details, now I'm REALLY looking forward to MP.

Has the finalized trophy list been leaked yet from the early copies? I know the trophies are mostly the same but I want to know the final list and distribution of bronze/silver/gold with the probably bigger amount of trophies in the remastered version.

TLOU MP is excellent, and this is coming from a big competitive player. I cut my teeth on Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon and CS1.5/1.6.

The "radar" in TLOU is actually quite fair. If you're walking normally you won't show up on the radar at all. If someone fires a gun or begins running, it gives a general indicator as to direction or position but it's not specific enough to become a crutch like in Battlefield or COD. It's also possible to circumvent entirely using the in-game "perks". The same goes for the "listenning" mechanic. It's there, and you need to be conscious that it's there, but it's not powerful enough to be abused or become a crutch, and likewise it can be circumvented to your advantage using "perks". IMHO, the "radar" and "listenning" functions just help to give players without directional audio an equal playing ground. A good audio setup may serve you better in some situations than either of these functions will.

SOCOM placed a much larger emphasis on gunplay than TLOU does. TLOU is more about strategic play. Hitting headshots when it counts is still important, but you can build a character type that focuses primarily on crafting traps and/or stealth and still play extremely effectively. It's more about out-thinking your opponent than out-shooting them.

Even though I didn't play the MP that much I knew right away how important playing as a team would be. Felt so good to group up with a couple of guys and take it slow to flank the enemy as they were busy with our other team mates. A lot of mp games dont have the need for callouts. Haven't had to do that since the Halo days. But after playing Destiny and some of TLoU mp. These games require team efforts and coordination. Which I love doing.As an competitive shooter guy as well i'm itching to get my fix.

Even though I didn't play the MP that much I knew right away how important playing as a team would be. Felt so good to group up with a couple of guys and take it slow to flank the enemy as they were busy with our other team mates. A lot of mp games dont have the need for callouts. Haven't had to do that since the Halo days. But after playing Destiny and some of TLoU mp. These games require team efforts and coordination. Which I love doing.As an competitive shooter guy as well i'm itching to get my fix.

I also play AwesomeNauts, a super-competitive side-scroller MOBA. I can actually see some similarities between the meta-game in MOBAs and TLOU's multiplayer.

• Learning when to push and when to retreat to prevent yourself from over-extending and getting caught in a vulnerable position.
  • Learning how to properly distance yourself from teammates to support them but also not make yourself a prime target for an AOE attack.
  • Learning how to properly distance yourself from enemies to take maximum advantage of your weapon's sweet spot while avoiding their weapon's sweet spot.
  • Knowing "hot zones" or high traffic areas on the map and using them to your advantage.
  • Using stealth and unexpected tactics to flank enemies and cut them off from reinforcements.

Aw man that's bullshit. I traded in my copy yesterday.

oh wow
Not a bad idea...can you give them just the copy of your game and not the actual case? I don't wanna give up my steel case.
Actually yes you can i think! I got some ps3 game cases with the instruction manuals. When i trade a game i just bring in in a dvd case and they don't seem to care, but i would call first just to be sure. Some GS can be different.

Top Bottom