• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fragile (Wii) characters and screens!

anaron

king zell said:
c20080801_fragile_05_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

c20080801_fragile_06_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

c20080801_fragile_07_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

c20080801_fragile_08_cs1w1_640x457.jpg

c20080801_fragile_09_cs1w1_640x457.jpg

c20080801_fragile_11_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

c20080801_fragile_13_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

Beautiful screens. Really want to see a new trailer though :(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
God, do we have a launch date for this? :( I know it's practically impossible this will come to the Americas this year, but I'd like at this some kind of window for when I can expect this.

M74

Is it just me, or is the art direction on that one blond-headed girl character a lot better looking than the rest of the characters?

Doctored? Nothing about them indicates such, especially in comparison to the screenshots from Page 5. If anything, the camera angles simply provide either a more cinematic (and inexplicably more pleasing) viewpoint, or better showcase the character detail.

The developers deserve some congratulations - the technical limitations of the Wii have not hindered their style, seemingly well accomplished. The modeling, texture and lighting (just look at some of the confined, indoor shots!) appear really competent, and the game drips with an ambiance both inviting and chilling.

And is that the Eiffel tower in see in one of those screenshots (the fifth one in the most recent batch)?

Also looks like players will switch between the boy and this mysterious girl (a possible motivation behind the refinement of her look). Hopefully the gameplay change, if any exists, won't be too jarring.

And the chicken suit salesman better have a weird accent, like the merchant in RE4. British, perhaps.

Edit: People, it's cel-shaded, not cell-shaded. :p

Nocebo

Holy crap I need to stop going into this thread, giant cock tease right there D: This game needs to release in US/EUR ASAP ;__;

Vinci

Danish
M74 said:
Is it just me, or is the art direction on that one blond-headed girl character a lot better looking than the rest of the characters?

"Make her look the best. We want to sell statuettes."

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
CrisKre said:
and that folks... is AMAZING character art.

If Namco doesnt plan to bring this over there will be bood...

Aren't they character renders? Art would be something like...

fragile_wii.png

M74 said:

I think both her and Seto look great, personally.

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but these new screens really do appear to have a different art-style to the initial screens. It seems a lot more stylized now, through the use of cel-shading.

I like it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
_Alkaline_ said:
Maybe I'm forgetting something, but these new screens really do appear to have a different art-style to the initial screens. It seems a lot more stylized now, through the use of cel-shading.

I like it.

Noticed that too, it appears like it's closer to matching the concept art they first released.

BrodiemanTTR said:
Yeah the great lighting is what made the early shots for me. The lack of it in recent screens is worrying.
It was a worry before when they didn't have anything to make up for it.

I really like the smooth look of the characters. Cartoony and detailed. Can't wait to see it in motion.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
WiiredShawn said:
And the chicken suit salesman better have a weird accent, like the merchant in RE4. British, perhaps.
I hope so too. I like him already.

Neomoto

A shame I didn't look into this thread for a while, all these new screens look totally awesome! When (if?) it comes out in Europe I'll be there day one, I'll maybe even import it

Haunted

Lack of lighting on the characters hurts the impressiveness, imo. Still one of the better looking Wii games announced. (Although competition in that area got pretty stiff recently).

That said, the atmosphere and premise of the game are more than enough to keep Fragile as Day 1 for me.

Squeak

Am I the only one getting a strong Sin and Punishment vibe from the look of this game?
The art is looking better and more varied every time we see new shots.

I haven't been following this too closely, but that's only because I was already sold as soon as I heard the beautiful music for the first time. Now it's just a matter of waiting for a release date in the US. The new screens do not make the wait any easier.

Gwanatu T

Time to resurrect this and ask for video.

This really is looking stunning though, can't wait to see how it moves/plays.

Flakster99

Gwanatu T said:
Time to resurrect this and ask for video.

This really is looking stunning though, can't wait to see how it moves/plays.

Yeah, and we still do not have a release date for the US version, do we.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Flakster99 said:
Yeah, and we still do not have a release date for the US version, do we.
Do we have confirmation that it's getting localized? At least?

Flakster99

Halycon said:
Do we have confirmation that it's getting localized? At least?

I couldn't find one. This is made by Namco/tri-Crescendo, so if it was made by an obscure developer, then I'd have doubts, but since that's not the case, I'd say there's a good chance.

Then again, there have been many promising jrpgs Namco chose not to release in US, or EU.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
i really hope this does make it over. this is my most anticipated Wii game thus far, and i really want to make it over here. if marketed right, i think it could do relatively well. next thing they need to bring over is that Gundam FPS with online added. that would be epic win, since that game looked AWESOME.

but i digress. SO excited. come to me PLEASE.

Top Bottom