• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risible

As has been said many times in this thread, all you have to do is cover the fees when you send the money, you don't have to actually send it via Gift.

PayPal's fees are typically 2.9% + $0.30 USD per transaction.

So, if you are buying something for $100 just send $103.20 - the seller gets his $100 and you get the peace of mind of not sending the money as a gift.

And Grump, chill out, there's a polite way to address an issue and a harsh way to do it. No need to live up to your username.

Positive Feedback for thoseAREmySHOES

We traded some classic games and he held up his part of the bargain just swell.
Hope to do more trading w/ him!

How much? I want to get a second 770 4gb. I have the EVGA 770 4gb ACX cooler. I've been waiting for the price to drop, but now I'm hearing the 880 will be released in a few months for sub 500 dollars. Nvidia has got smart and cancels cards early or restricts sales beyond a certain point? So that they don't have a large back stock that can be purchased cheaply. Strongest example is that of people waiting on 660ti's to drop price. Now they are nigh impossible to get new, and are pricey as hell if found.

$290 shipped and the same model as yours.

Speaking of the 660ti... I've got the EVGA SuperClocked version for sale since I've got no use for it any more thanks to my new card.

XShagrath

I'm selling all of my Criterion DVDs that blu-rays available. They are all in excellent condition in their original cases with the

booklets. Some even have the catalogs that they used to come with. I've listed them by spine number, since that's how I have

them organized. A couple of them aren't featured in the photos since I haven't moved them away from the main collection yet.

0OHtuPTl.png

Close-ups so you can read titles

http://i.imgur.com/2thqXN0.png
http://i.imgur.com/31aS20o.png
http://i.imgur.com/3i6pf41.png
http://i.imgur.com/b2PaLvv.png
http://i.imgur.com/7zFYYgu.png
http://i.imgur.com/GJ5A0RJ.png

$10 + shipping each

2 - Seven Samurai
3 - The Lady Vanishes
4 - Amarcord (2-disc re-release)
6 - Beauty and the Beast
7 - A Night to Remember
11 - The Seventh Seal (original release)
17 - Salo (2-disc re-release)
18 - The Naked Kiss
19 - Shock Corridor
24 - High and Low
29 - Picnic at Hanging Rock
30 - M (2-disc re-release)
25 - Diabolique
36 - Waves of Fear
38 - Branded to Kill
39 - Tokyo Drifter
43 - Lord of the Flies
44 - The Red Shoes
47 - Insomnia
48 - Black Orpheus
52 - Yojimbo
53 - Sanjuro
54 - For All Mankind
56 - The 39 Steps
57 - Charade
60 - Autumn Sonata
65 - Rushmore
70 - The Last Temptation of Chris
76 - Brief Encounter
91 - The Blob
93 - Black Narcissus
95 - All That Heaven Allows
99 - Gimme Shelter
110 - M. Hulot's Holiday
111 - Mon Oncle
112 - Playtime (2-disc re-release)
115 - Rififi
116 - The Hidden Fortress
133 - The Vanishing
138 - Rashomon
139 - Wild Strawberries
140 - 8 1/2
141 - Children of Paradise
147 - In the Mood for Love
151 - Trafic
156 - Hearts and Minds
164 - Solaris
166 - Down by Law
173 - The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp
174 - Band of Outsiders
190 - Throne of Blood
198 - Ali: Fear Eats the Soul
201 - Umberto D.
213 - Richard III
216 - Rules of the Game
217 - Tokyo Story
230 - Three Women
237 - Smiles of a Summer Night
247 - Slacker
248 - Videodrome
259 - Fat Girl
260 - Eyes Without a Face
267 - Kagemusha
278 - L'Eclisse
281 - Jules and Jim
288 - F for Fake
300 - The Life Aquatic /w Steve Zissou
302 - Harakiri
307 - Naked
314 - Pickpocket
326 - Metropolitan
331 - Late Spring
336 - Dazed and Confused
339 - Yi Yi
356 - Sweetie
359 - The Double Life of Veronique
381 - La Haine
382 - Overlord
384 - Vengeance Is Mine
386 - Sansho the Bailiff
387 - La Jetee/Sans Soleil
391 - If...
396 - Ace in the Hole
397 - Ivan's Childhood
404 - Robinson Crusoe on Mars
408 - Breathless
409 - Days of Heaven
439 - Trafic

$15 + shipping each

2 - Seven Samurai (3-disc re-release)
123,361 - Grey Gardens/Beales of Grey Gardens set (/w slipcase)
235 - The Leopard
249 - The Battle of Algiers

$20 + shipping each

14,15,16 - Samurai Trilogy (original release /w slipcase)
51 - Brazil
167,168,169 - The Complete Monterey Pop Festival
261,262,263,264 - Fanny and Alexander Set (Television version, Theatrical version, Making of)

$50 + shipping

250,251,252,253,254,255,256 - John Cassavetes: Five Films (Shadows, Faces, A Woman Under the Influence, The Killing of a

Chinese Bookie, Opening Night, A Constant Forge)

Not sure what to price these at, make me a reasonable offer

64 - The Third Man (2-disc re-release) (OOP)
79 - WC Fields - Six Short Films (OOP)
218 - Le Cercle Rogue (OOP)
357 - Fallen Idol (OOP)
385 - Army of Shadows (OOP)

coopolon

As has been said many times in this thread, all you have to do is cover the fees when you send the money, you don't have to actually send it via Gift.

So, if you are buying something for $100 just send $103.20 - the seller gets his $100 and you get the peace of mind of not sending the money as a gift.

And Grump, chill out, there's a polite way to address an issue and a harsh way to do it. No need to live up to your username.

Not that I care in any way, but this is actually also against paypal rules. It's the seller charging extra fees to the buyer because the payment is going through paypal. The seller can charge "handling" fees, but they have to be the same handling fees they would charge if the transaction wasn't going through paypal.

This conversation has inspired me to always ask to use amazon payments first for all future transactions though! I'd given up on it but it seems there are at least a few of us in the thread that use it.

Sending $103.20 would actually leave the seller with $99.90. Since the fees are taken from the new sent amount you have to work it out backwards:

send = (X + 0.3) / 0.971, where X is what you want the seller to recieve after fees.
I can't send gifts from Germany so I always have to use this (with a different %) to figure out payment with fees. Not a huge difference but some sellers might not be happy about it.

Canadian E Shop Wii U/3ds $50 code. This will only work on the Canadian Wii U/3DS systems so please keep that in mind.

Selling for $40 and I only accept Paypal ( gift or you pay fees). Pm me if you're interested. If I don't answer within 24-48 hours I did not receive it.

Thank you and have a nice day.

EDIT: Code Has Been Sold.

kennah

Canadian E Shop Wii U/3ds $50 code. This will only work on the Canadian Wii U/3DS systems so please keep that in mind.

Selling for $40 and I only accept Paypal ( gift or you pay fees). Pm me if you're interested. If I don't answer within 24-48 hours I did not receive it.

Gah, so tempting. Don't have $40 right now. baaaah.

SmokeMaxX

Sending $103.20 would actually leave the seller with $99.90. Since the fees are taken from the new sent amount you have to work it out backwards:

send = (X + 0.3) / 0.971, where X is what you want the seller to recieve after fees.
I can't send gifts from Germany so I always have to use this (with a different %) to figure out payment with fees. Not a huge difference but some sellers might not be happy about it.
Yeah, let's not forget that international users have to pay a higher fee if they're transferring money to a US user. Thefeecalculator.com doesn't cover this option (or didn't last I checked) while ppfeecalc.com has an International setting.

xaosslug

SELLING:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

specs:

2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
512gb PCIe-based Flash Storage
16GB RAM

accessories:

STM Grip Hardshell Minimalist Case (black)
Kuzy black keyboard cover (black)

miscellaneous infoes:

it's like new/barely used, comes with all packaging, and is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under Apple's Limited Warranty until January 10, 2015.

i planned on going Mac when my ultrabook BSOD'd, but I managed to resurrect it (and upgrade the ram! :D) So, I think I'm gonna stick with PC for a bit...

asking:

$2100

i was NeoGAF Gold, right now I'm 26 each buying and selling with power status on both. So, buy with confidence! :D

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
For Sale:

My Club Nintendo Rewards! For the ACNL Posters and 3DS Pouch, I will enter in your shipping address and Nintendo will ship directly to you. For the game codes I will PM you the redeemable codes.
Yes, I know that my prices are not proportional to the coins, but the physical items are not actually purchasable, so that's why they're more.

Bt0vugrCMAElVAV.png

$10 Shipped
BtWLJ1BCEAA4lHI.jpg:small
[

Arthos

Heya! Got a few more things I want to sell. I think this is the last of the bunch. All prices are shipped via Paypal. If paying through payments, buyer pays fees! Might consider offers. Thanks for looking! :D

KfQIaJW.jpg

Fire Emblem: Awakening (complete) - $30 (Not sure if the CN code has been used, actually.)
Chrono Trigger DS - $23 (Missing poster, includes everything else/manual, etc) - SOLD
Wonderful 101 - $20 (Only played once).
Paper Mario 3DS - $12

Want:

Paypal
Sword Art Online Vita Game (English Asian version)

Heya! Got a few more things I want to sell. I think this is the last of the bunch. All prices are shipped via Paypal. If paying through payments, buyer pays fees! Might consider offers. Thanks for looking! :D

KfQIaJW.jpg

Fire Emblem: Awakening (complete) - $30 (Not sure if the CN code has been used, actually.)
Chrono Trigger DS - $23 (Missing poster, includes everything else/manual, etc)
Wonderful 101 - $20 (Only played once).
Paper Mario 3DS - $12

Want:

Paypal
Sword Art Online Vita Game (English Asian version)

Oh man, I waited forever to get Fire Emblem for $30 and Chrono Trigger on here, but now I sold my 3DS. I specifically wanted to play these two probably for a good year now!

I'm sure someone will get them off of you though :p

WTS(US Only)
PS3 Slim 250gb plus 29 games - $360. Paypal gift. The system is in great condition, has a small mark on top. Comes with Dualshock 3, power cable, a/v cable and usb cable. All games tested and work.
Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Socom Confrontation, Oblivion, The Shivering Isles, Infamous, Infamous 2, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Fallout 3 Game of the year edition, Red Dead Redemption Special Edition, God of War 3, God of War Acsension, Heavy Rain, Assassins Creed 2, Uncharted 2, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, Grand Theft Auto 4, Warhawk, Dragon Age Origins, Street Fighter 4, Metal Gear Rising, Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time, Just Cause 2, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, Ni No Kuni, Mortal Kombat, Resonance of Fate.
8tgsQhgl.jpg

ZdZeGawl.jpg

WTS(US Only)
Animal Crossing New Leaf(3DS) - $25. Paypal gift. Like new condition game was barely played.
dvanzful.jpg

yqfKWjal.jpg

WTS(US Only)
Shin Megami Tensei IV - $30. Paypal gift. Case and cart is in great condition.
4xvmcP0l.jpg

CcxJo9bl.jpg

WTS(US Only)
Legend of Legaia(PS1) - $30. Case has some cracks. Paypal gift only

7M235G7l.jpg
llCLJcdl.jpg

WTS(US Only)
Brave Fencer Musashi(PS1) - $40. Paypal gift only. No manual, back of case does have a crack.

IHrYjzYl.jpg

UkSbkNIl.jpg

kuu3TG1l.jpg

WTS(US Only)
Beyond Two Souls(PS2) - $23. Paypal gift. Disc and case are in perfect condition. The game didn't come with a manual.

GTFnBPul.jpg

DWzwfQPl.jpg

would this work in the USA?

e: not sure if the eshop is the same because I know Canadian games work on American consoles cuz they're all NTSC

I have a couple of 3DS VC NA game codes that I would like to trade for NA Vita game codes:

Offering:

Super Mario Land 2
Wario Land 2

Want:

Sly 3 HD
Final Fantasy X-2

Preferably one for one.

Super positive feedback for detectiveconan1

He was incredibly patient and committed even though he could have sold to anyone else. Bought a Mario Kart code from him for a fair price.

Thanks for waiting up on me man!

Positive Feedback[/B for TimeEffect, he paid really quickly, was very friendly and patient throughout the entire process!

dmix90

WTS
Price list - there are price check request, feedback and error report forms plus more detailed info about each gift. Don't forget that you can use search function( CTRL+F )
If i confused some numbers or screwed somewhere else please let me know :D
Type: Steam or GOG Gifts | Payment: PayPal
  • The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt

Price: $17.99, $33.99(Trilogy Pack)
  • Divinity: Original Sin

Price: $18.99, $8.99(DLC)
Type: Steam Gifts | Payment: PayPal
  • Alien: Isolation

Price: $30.49 $28.99
  • Next Car Game

Price: $29.99 $19.99
  • Killer is Dead

Price*: $13.99 $8.99
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Price: $14.99 $11.99
  • Crypt of the NecroDancer

Price: $11.99
  • Metro Redux

Price: $14.99(Bundle), $7.99(2033, Last Light)
  • Dead Rising

Price: $18.99(DR2 Complete Pack), $21.99(DR3 Apocalypse Edition)
  • Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™

Price: $27.99
  • GRID Autosport

Price: $27.99, $15.99(Season Pass)
  • Assetto Corsa

Price: $30.99
  • Resident Evil

Price: $15.99 $13.99(RE4), $8.99(RE5), $24.99(RE6 Complete Pack), $18.99(RE Revelations)
  • Dishonored - Game of the Year Edition

Price: $19.99
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Price: $13.99
  • Tropico 5

Price: $21.99
  • Space Engineers

Price: $12.99, $36.99(4-Pack)
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Bundle

Price: $21.99
  • Stronghold Crusader 2

Price: $24.99
  • Kerbal Space Program

Price: $14.99
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Price: $15.99, $11.99(Mirror of Fate HD)
  • Call of Duty

Price: $30.99(Ghosts Gold Edition), $24.99(Black Ops, MW3), $14.99(MW2, MW, WAW)
  • Saints Row

Price: $15.99(IV: GOTC Edition), $30.99(Ultimate Franchise Pack)
  • Warmachine Tactics

Price: $33.99
  • LEGO - The Hobbit

Price: $15.99
  • Kentucky Route Zero

Price: $14.99
  • Lichdom: Battlemage

Price: $16.99
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PAL)

• Defense Grid 2

Price: $12.99
  • Shadow Warrior

Price: $18.99
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut

Price: $4.99
  • Magic 2015

Price: $8.99, $13.99(Special Edition), $18.99(Complete Bundle)
  • Strider

• Broforce

Price: $9.99, $27.99 ( 4 - pack, $7 per copy! )
  • Divinity: Dragon Commander

• Shovel Knight

• Transistor

Price: $13.99
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Price*: $12.99 $10.99
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV

Price: $15.99, $9.99(Digital Upgrade)
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2

• Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

• Prison Architect

Price: $16.99
You can also buy any other region free game or DLC through me if you want. I will check region and tell you the final price. If the game gets a discount on steam you will receive appropriate discount from me. Please keep in mind my time zone ( UTC/GMT +4 hours ), but feel free to message me even if I am not available, i will try to answer everyone asap.
Contact me on Steam or PM

* - Steam Sale price

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

FOR TRADE: One loose copy of Drill Dozer, tested and in good condition. I already have another copy of the game so I have no need for it. I'd like to trade it for another GBA title (I'm open but I'd prefer an RPG of some kind if possible as I have no GBA RPGs at all, or maybe something from the NES Classics GBA line), U.S. only.

A7D0F2E5-7198-4833-9026-36DC76996C80-3098-0000028F3DC32C64_zps815286c5.jpg

For sale: I'm selling my PSP phat with CFW, system is in overall excellent shape and no scratches on the screen, $55 shipped and would include slip case, battery/charger of course and a 16 GB mem card. PM me if interested. I have no use for it anymore now that I have CFW installed on my 2000 slim. PayPal/U.S. only please.

22BA3E7A-6D9A-418F-87A1-A09B89575F9E-4291-000003DC6978FEA4_zps9b941ea0.jpg

Peagles

I agree with you. You are technically right but practically wrong. Either way, everyone should just switch to Amazon payments. Seriously.

Do you know if sellers outside the US can withdraw to a bank account or would we have to just convert it to gift cards?

Lemstar

WTB: PlayStation 3. Not necessarily looking for a bundle - just the cheapest system possible.

WTS: Club Nintendo Platinum reward (game of your choice) $15

All items in mint condition. Prices in USD and include shipping to the continental US or Canada:

Tomodachi Life - includes unused Club Nintendo code: SOLD

Ryse: Son of Rome: $23

Club Nintendo 3DS Card Case: SOLD

I'm also looking to trade for Bravely Default, if anyone wants to swap that for either of the above games.

I'm a plus buyer/seller. Send me a PM! Paypal gift or you pay the fee, SVP.

Grump

Banned
I agree with you. You are technically right but practically wrong. Either way, everyone should just switch to Amazon payments. Seriously.

It's totally wrong. If the buyer gets scammed and doesn't receive the product, they can't complain to paypal because according to them the buyer wasn't buying anything. It makes no sense, and only benefits the seller.

Bottom line is, nobody should send money as a gift. They might as well just asked to get ripped off at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom