• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSB

Banned
So just woke up and checked out that stream again (went to bed right after I shared it here) and holy shit what a prick. Like, I occasionally lurk their streams just to see their reactions to certain game moments, but man their attitude towards this one is just dumb and impatient.

Speaking of going to bed, did anybody else who played this demo have a seriously hard time sleeping last night? I only got like 4 - 5 hrs of sleep because almost the entire night that goddamn hallway was getting into my head. Guess that means this demo is doing something right in terms of the psychological horror aspect haha
I slept 7 or 8 hours, as usual, but I actually had a dream tonight, which is strange, as I almost never dream.

It was a horrible dream though (there were lots of cockroaches)

Jawmuncher

Is it always raining on the final loop? Guess I never noticed. Do you need to reset the loop if you got only the first giggle so far?

benzy

OK I just did it using the advice by glottis8 but it was a bit different.

Walked straight to radio and waited for bells.
Straight after bells walked 10 steps to phone.
Got first giggle after the 10 steps then I just waited at phone not moving for 2 hauntings, during third haunting I got second giggle vibration and phone ring.

Did you have a mic plugged in? I'm trying this without a mic and I'm getting nothing.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but...

boqq4gz1fgquybzyjvuv.jpg

Source: http://be-the-corbett.tumblr.com/

Manu

Speaking of going to bed, did anybody else who played this demo have a seriously hard time sleeping last night? I only got like 4 - 5 hrs of sleep because almost the entire night that goddamn hallway was getting into my head. Guess that means this demo is doing something right in terms of the psychological horror aspect haha

I slept just fine, but this morning I felt very uneasy in the shower for some reason.

Meneses

I've always prided myself on being able to play SH games alone at night... not always literally in the dark, but at least in pretty dim lighting!

But I could only take about 20 minutes of PT. Apparently I've become a total puss. I swear I can remember some old Team Silent interview where they said something like "We could make these games much, much scarier, but we choose not to. If you go too far, it stops being fun." And I was all "No, no you fools! Do it! DO IT." Now I see their point.

I'm going to try it again and hopefully tough it out. I refuse to play it with someone else in the room or with a chat going, for me that's anathema to the point of playing this kind of game.

That's basically my experience lol

Vuze

No idea about P.T., a buddy without a GAF account asked me to post this for him so maybe you can make something out of this.

First i went in the endless loop to the telephone.
When the scary sounds started, i looked to the door where i came from.
Suddenly the first giggle came up. After the scary sounds ended i walked 10 steps to the radio.
The next giggle came, and the controller began to vibrate. I didn't move until it stopped.
Then i heard the third and last giggle. The telephone began to ring.
Thats how i finished P.T. The 10 steps to the Radio can be done anytime, so maybe you should get the first giggle from somewhere else.
My mic was connected the whole time.

Reposting this again for people still having trouble:

So I got the telephone to ring about 7 or 8 times, found a pattern that worked 100% of the time still dont know exactly why.

For sure mic on, I had done this for 8 hours with no mic and never got anywhere. With mic on I finished it 7 times in like an hour. I even turned the mic on and off inbetween loops, every time mic off nothing, mic goes on I get the second giggle somewhere.

THERE IS NO NEED TO SPEAK, MAKE NOISES, NOTHING. Just have the mic on.

Ok there are two giggles, let us not refer to them as 1st and 2nd cause there is no set order to them. Instead there is the 10 step giggle and the waiting at a lisa spot giggle. 10 step giggle is super easy, after the bell walk ten steps from the phone or radio back down the hallway, stop and stare at phone or radio. Works 100% of the time.

The next giggle seems to happen during a haunting most of the time (though I got it between hauntings once). Basically some spot where Lisa haunts will trigger a baby if you stand still at that spot during a haunting. What spot that is is still a mystery, believe me we tried every theory, we think maybe it was where lisa was last spotted but I think that is too inconsistent.

Basically the spots are:

1. The loop entrance
2. The phone
3. The mirror
4. The radio

And perhaps the basement, outside the bathroom and near the photo though that seems far less common than the four above.

It doesnt matter if you got the 10 steps giggle before or after, sometimes during a haunt stand at one of these spots, wait. If it doesnt happen go to the next spot and wait. Keep doing it you will get the giggle.

It worked for me every time. Some took quite a few hauntings, some where the first spot I picked.

So that is what I got.

panda-zebra

No idea about P.T., a buddy without a GAF account asked me to post this for him so maybe you can make something out of this.
First i went in the endless loop to the telephone. When the scary sounds started, i looked to the door where i came from. Suddenly the first giggle came up. After the scary sounds ended i walked 10 steps to the radio. The next giggle came, and the controller began to vibrate. I didn't move until it stopped. Then i heard the third and last giggle. The telephone began to ring. Thats how i finished P.T. The 10 steps to the Radio can be done anytime, so maybe you should get the first giggle from somewhere else.

A stream I watched earlier got the non-10-step type just like this earlier (but didn't realise at the time) then got the 10 step one and done.

It's known there's no order required. The phone is a trigger spot for the non-10-step type of giggles. It might be one technique to walk up to phone and wait and see if you get this one for free, if not, loop rinse and repeat, then you've banked the harder to get one and can just walk the 10 paces for the 2nd.

Setsu00

But perhaps there is another way involving the touchpad. Never used it nor never read about it.

I can't check on this in any way since I don't have a PS4 yet, but I do believe that the touchpad maybe involved in some alternate way to unlock the teaser based on the one line in Japanese that reads "I've reached out with cold hands".

OASIS

I finally did it!
Did the same things that everyone did, first without a mic, and it didn't work, but when I used my mic, the phone rang from the firt try.
Now i can finally sleep.

benzy

Benzy

I had my mic on but I was in party chat with a friend so mic would have been in use by party chat and not the game.

I just retried it with the same method, but this time turned on and used my Gold Headset for the sound. Didn't have to speak or anything and it worked.

Jawmuncher

Grabbed all the picture pieces just to see if that will help. I've been standing in all sorts of places. Once I saw the ghost right under the light which was on for some reason.

Bloodrage

Banned
Could this be the 3rd party exclusive Famitsu hinted at for TGS?

If not, then why did Sony publish such a huge, well-made teaser and made it part of their E3 conference? I assume there's going to be some kind of deal here?

glottis8

Banned
Grabbed all the picture pieces just to see if that will help. I've been standing in all sorts of places. Once I saw the ghost right under the light which was on for some reason.

There is a way to trigger that light. I forget... you walk backwards towards the door i think.

Jawmuncher

There is a way to trigger that light. I forget... you walk backwards towards the door i think.

I've done it that twice now by pure accident at least now I know why. If the wait in a spot is to be believed guess I need to find her near the bathroom. Stood at the entrance and didn't hear her at all but the haunting was on.

glottis8

Banned
I've done it that twice now by pure accident at least now I know why. If the wait in a spot is to be believed guess I need to find her near the bathroom. Stood at the entrance and didn't hear her at all but the haunting was on.

she looks crazy creepy with the lights on... than in the dark haha

panda-zebra

OK, for the 6th time today I've been able to guarantee the end part using the options screen trick. If anyone is really struggling with that non-10-step giggle first make sure your mic is working, then give it a try.

After you've done the 10-steps after bell sounds for first giggle, wait for any current haunting to end. Go over to phone and make sure the phone is right in view. Press OPTIONS then go away and come back 20 minutes later. I leave the headset listening to music or something, you might not need to. Press OPTIONS to return to game, then don't touch the pad. The next haunting will be accompanied by a vibrating pad and giggles. Then you just have to press and hold R3 when the phone rings.

It's cheap and not in the spirit of the teaser, but it saves hair-pulling if it's just not happening for you and seems to be the only way to 100% ensure you get to see the ending.

BTW, here's some of the error screens I screen-shotted today, different sizes because I was streaming some times.

Jawmuncher

OK, for the 6th time today I've been able to guarantee the end part using the options screen trick. If anyone is really struggling with that non-10-step giggle first make sure your mic is working, then give it a try.

Do 10-steps after bell sounds for first giggle. Wait for haunting to end. Go over to phone and make sure the phone is right in view. Press OPTIONS then go away and come back 20 minutes later. I leave the headset listening to music or something, you might not need to. When you return to game, don't touch the pad. The next haunting will be accompanied by a vibrating pad and giggles. Then you just have to press and hold R3 when the phone rings.

It's cheap and not in the spirit of the teaser, but it saves hair-pulling if it's just not happening for you and seems to be the only way to 100% ensure you get to see the ending.

I take it you mean unpause after 20 minutes and then don't touch anything?

SkylineRKR

I think the pause thing is not exactly a trick.

After the first giggle I just stood still w headset and got it after the 2nd haunting sequence, so basically after 5 minutes of waiting.

Pause probably equals standing still and waiting, but it takes longer based on when you unpause. I think it just takes 2 haunting sequences. Or every sequence comes with a certain success rate.

Reposting this again for people still having trouble:

Ok, had headset plugged in, so do not know if it was necessary or not.

But thanks a lot, the biggest thing for me from that post was knowing that the 10 step giggle is 100%. The way I did it was to make sure that I got another giggle SOMEHOW early on, then did the 10 step from the phone to get giggle number 2. Once that happens, STAND STILL, the controller will vibrate, wait for that to finish after that 3rd giggle, then phone call. Once we figure out the triggers for the other giggles we are good.

I had gotten the vibration twice before, but never the call and it was driving me batty, what I realized was that I was moving too early, wait for the vibration to finish, and the giggle and call happened immediately afterwards.

ANyhow first giggle today happened in 2 different places, first was the mirror, during or right after the haunting, Second was between the phone and the window, again, soon after a haunting.

Another question. Are we sure a HEADSET is required? What about the PS Camera? I don't think I had a headset on the first time I got a second giggle yesterday.

I'm just going to say this again so it sticks for those having trouble, DO NOT MOVE after the second giggle, wait for the vibrations to stop. I had 2 almost wins that I lost because of that. It's REALLY damned annoying.

I also didn't realize there WAS a third giggle, it goes

1st giggle
2nd giggle, vibrations
3rd giggle, phone.

Jawmuncher

I think the pause thing is not exactly a trick.

After the first giggle I just stood still w headset and got it after the 2nd haunting sequence, so basically after 5 minutes of waiting.

Pause probably equals standing still and waiting, but it takes longer based on when you unpause. I think it just takes 2 haunting sequences. Or every sequence comes with a certain success rate.

It definitely depends I've been standing at all spots and haven't gotten anything even when I stayed at one for 3 hauntings straight.

cchum

Another question. Are we sure a HEADSET is required? What about the PS Camera? I don't think I had a headset on the first time I got a second giggle yesterday.

I'm just going to say this again so it sticks for those having trouble, DO NOT MOVE after the second giggle, wait for the vibrations to stop. I had 2 almost wins that I lost because of that. It's REALLY damned annoying.

1st giggle
2nd giggle, vibrations
3rd giggle, phone.

Think I just had the camera on my first attempt that worked. Not sure how I triggered it though.

Could this be the 3rd party exclusive Famitsu hinted at for TGS?

If not, then why did Sony publish such a huge, well-made teaser and made it part of their E3 conference? I assume there's going to be some kind of deal here?

You mean that you think it could be a teaser for a game that also gives you a teaser for another game (Silent Hill) when you complete it?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So a mic being connected is actually a requirement. Good to know!

1st giggle
2nd giggle, vibrations
3rd giggle, phone.

Any microphone will do the job, I imagine.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst

1st giggle
2nd giggle, vibrations
3rd giggle, phone.

Nothing was working for me until I turned the mic on for my camera. I don't think headset is required...

Oh for fuck's sakes... the internet is NOT SAFE right now... I can't even read a comic strip without the EXACT FUCKING SPOT I'M STUCK being spoiled...

Thanks Internet... go fuck yourself.

I am confused. You don't want spoilers for P.T. but you are in here? Or you decided to finally come here after being accidentally spoiled?

dbish

Nothing was working for me until I turned the mic on for my camera. I don't think headset is required...

It worked for my friend last night when she streamed to Twitch with the camera's mic on, no headset plugged in. We hadn't heard about talking into the mic yet, but my other friend started making baby noises into the mic (goo goo gah gah), and we were able to get the second and third giggle, phone call, and ending.

We both had a good laugh when we read GAF this morning and saw that those baby noises probably triggered the ending.

Jawmuncher

The 20 minutes didn't work for me and I let it go through 2 haunting a afterwards just in case. Started a new loop and trying not moving at all for 2 hauntingly after the 10 steps and stopping at phone.

cchum

Some of those hints do make sense. You have to be after midnight. Which could be the index finger slide over the hand thing.

You have to come to an absolute stand still as well.

You have to say something (for me at least it was the only working way to solve this).

You have to use the phone.

Body shivered might be the DS4 vibrating.

I like this idea. I'm gonna try.
Also says something about saying his name, but we don't know the guys name do we. Why does Kojima say you need friends? Maybe two voices triggers it.

EDIT: Yeah, it's ten steps for first giggle. Wait for chime, 10 steps to clock from phone works. 10 steps from phone to clock works.

Jawmuncher

Never moving after a haunting didn't work after 2 of them. Looks like the spot constantly changes and you just luck out sooner or later.

EDIT: Just got it! There were 2 hauntings then I just said "J, Hello?" And after the 3rd haunting I got the giggle then another giggle and vibrations again.

Doubt me saying something did it but as Miami Wesker said its definitely about standing in a certain spot during a haunting.

Oh for fuck's sakes... the internet is NOT SAFE right now... I can't even read a comic strip without the EXACT FUCKING SPOT I'M STUCK being spoiled...

Thanks Internet... go fuck yourself.

Maybe you shouldn't be intentionally reading threads about it? And what an over-reaction to begin with... it's a free teaser for something that has already been revealed. You didn't even know it existed until a few days ago and now you're raging because YOU read a comic you could have stopped reading after five words

SkylineRKR

Never moving after a haunting didn't work after 2 of them. Looks like the spot constantly changes and you just luck out sooner or later.

I stood at the telephone. I took the 10 steps from the radio which is exactly the right distance. But from the entrance its also 10 steps I think.

The place of success might be any of the 3 puzzle spots, Hell, Radio and Phone.

Jagxyz

Here's what I did :

• Entered room, went straight to phone and waited for bells to end
• Bells ended, walked 10 steps away - LAUGH
• After that I waited by the mirror for a bit, but nothing happened
• Next I stood staring at the phone for a while, didn't touch controller till I got the phone ringing

Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom