• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurowaSan

Ended up using ten steps for first giggle/going to where she was haunting and letting her disappear then just standing where she was. I'd say ten seconds after got the second giggle(haunting music hadn't even started yet)let the controller rumble thru followed by third giggle then phone rang. This was what worked after trying every other method I've seen posted(sitting at pause screen/walking back and forth/etc)

I liked the idea, and gave it a try. From the entrance I went close to the phone, facing the window, trying to force the ghost to appear behind me, close to the loop door. It did, I turned back to look at it and after a few seconds I got the first giggle. After it stopped, I did the 10 steps and got the second and third one. I haven't been able to reproduce it, though.

I get the feeling the key to the 2nd giggle, or first in this case, is to look at the ghost and see it clearly.

djshauny

Banned
iCoeOAkRE996x.png

tumblr_inline_mwbum2oHrN1rft6m6.gif

Hmmm

Kyonashi

Okay, a few new things from the stream GAF just helped me with (around 90 viewers).

We started at the final loop, the end of a game started the night P.T. came out. We'd tried the 15-20 minute wait, had red, blue, green flashlights, and tried the whole 'Step 10, get first giggle, then stand where ghost was for second giggle', none of this had worked. We didn't have a headset plugged in.

Took us 17 minutes to finish the final loop, after looping a handful of times.

What happened when it worked was:

Plugged in Sennheiser MM30i earbuds (with microphone control on cable), discovered it worked on stream. Waited for bells to finish chiming at 00:00. Take ten steps, get baby giggle. Waited by radio for a bit, walked back down to phone. Turned around and saw ghost under the light. (The light in the foyer was on, you can trigger this by walking backwards down the stairs into the door and turning around at the last moment as you loop.) Watched her until she left, got vibrations and the phone rang.

So we DIDN'T go and stand where the ghost was, just watched her under the light.

------------------------

After this is where it gets interesting. We started a new playthrough with the intention of discovering secrets.

We rushed through, got all picture pieces as early as possible, gouged the picture eye, did the fast red corridors and the peep hole, saw ghost on balcony after window smash, basically I think the only thing we didn't see was a ghost in the outside window.
We got the yellow error message when the game 'crashes'.

When we got to the final loop, we waited for the bells to chime 00:00, took ten steps down to about where the radio was - First Baby Cry.

Turned around and pretty much instantly (correct me on this if you viewed and I'm wrong?) we got a Second Baby Cry.

Waited until controller vibrated, walked over to the phone and it rang, we picked it up.

So things that DIDN'T happen on the second run -

• WE DIDN'T DIE ONCE (as in, when you get caught by the face who grabs you up close)
  • WE DIDN'T GET ANY COLOUR FLASHLIGHT
  • WE DIDN'T STAND WHERE THE GHOST HAD BEEN

However, I am now thinking that streaming/having a mic in does help, and its what meant we could finish a run in about 43 minutes.

XaosWolf

capturewtldw.png

Son of a Bitch: Redux

For serious: Why 10 though. I'm really hoping there is actual in-game clues for this as opposed to Kojima just being the hint system.

Riddler

Cool I always thought you need to start at the phone or radio.

So it's absolutely 10 steps... But why? Is there anything in the game that hints at 10? I think the standing in spots can be attributed to the picture clue, can you hear my voice, wait for me, etc. but where did the 10 steps thing come from.

comes from the fetus telling you your wife getting a job 10 months back. t
hats why maybe

SkylineRKR

This method worked for me:

Mic in ear.

Stand by radio, walk 10 steps after midnight (both during her appearance and after it seem to work). Distance between clock and radio is exactly 10 steps. First giggle in. This worked 100% for me so far.

Then I waited at the phone, doing nothing anymore. When her terror started again I got no giggle, to my dismay. But during her subsequent terror I started to ask myself why the fuck this didn't work and I got the 2nd one.

From there its standing still and zooming in on the phone after it rings.

Kyonashi

How many of these are there, btw? I've had a white one and an upside-down black one today, but not yellow.

I've had the white one saying a long phrase including something about '20 years', and a yellow one that was just "I'll call later" in different languages.

EDIT: This is the 20 years one
tumblr_na8fziuf691qcxrbdo1_1280.jpg

Hanmik

We should prbly get all text and audio typed up. Maybe we can get some stuff cleared up that way.

I've seen yellow, red, black, grey.

Backwards talk in French.
'' And the night carried away the sound of her voice'' or '' And the night took away the sound of her voice''

からだがふるえました
My body shivered

つめたい手でした
It was a cold hand

Poi il suo indice scivolo sulla mia mano
Then slide your index finger on my hand

Glaubte ich ein Telefon zu hören
Did I hear a phone

Sussurrei seu nome
Whispered his name

Nell attesa inerte non and mossi piu
During the inert waiting, I stopped moving

Und durch Nebel schwindenden bewusstseins
And dwindling due to fog awareness.

I waited for it to pass.

Never moving a step, his hand in mine.

mas o vento da noite levou sua voz embora
but the night wind carried his voice away

this is what gaf has found ..

Muffdraul

I've always prided myself on being able to play SH games alone at night... not always literally in the dark, but at least in pretty dim lighting!

But I could only take about 20 minutes of PT. Apparently I've become a total puss. I swear I can remember some old Team Silent interview where they said something like "We could make these games much, much scarier, but we choose not to. If you go too far, it stops being fun." And I was all "No, no you fools! Do it! DO IT." Now I see their point.

I'm going to try it again and hopefully tough it out. I refuse to play it with someone else in the room or with a chat going, for me that's anathema to the point of playing this kind of game.

SkylineRKR

Some of those hints do make sense. You have to be after midnight. Which could be the index finger slide over the hand thing.

You have to come to an absolute stand still as well.

You have to say something (for me at least it was the only working way to solve this).

You have to use the phone.

Body shivered might be the DS4 vibrating.

misterck

Right my mate just did it without doing steps or anything, he just walked straight to phone and stood there while he grabbed a drink and got 3 giggles in a row then vibrate n phone ring.

Riddler

I wonder if it has to be twitch since I'm currently on ustream and if the amount of viewers affects anything.

just did it(final loop) again using mic method. you dont have to be on stream, just a active mic. ok im really done with P.T. I hope full game is full of these secrets.

Kojima is god! (^o^)

panda-zebra

Banned
Right my mate just did it without doing steps or anything, he just walked straight to phone and stood there while he grabbed a drink and got 3 giggles in a row then vibrate n phone ring.

That was lucky. The phone is about 10 steps from the main entrance and it's also a trigger point for the 2nd giggles.

SkylineRKR

just did it(final loop) again using mic method. you dont have to be on stream, just a active mic. ok im really done with P.T. I hope full game is full of these secrets.

Kojima is god! (^o^)

If Hideo's reasonably involved, expect some nasty easter eggs and references.

Jawmuncher

Kojima is god! (^o^)

Good to know since my twitch doesn't work. Now just have to get this second giggle. Still trying and I have a mic in.

BkMogul

I really hope you don't need any additional pre-requisites in the full game to progress (ie: microphone, online streaming). It's a nice touch for the teaser, but leave that stuff out of the complete experience (although occassional streaming, with occassional commentary could be fun).

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
The worst part is the chat is being all supportive and arguing with anyone who doesn't agree. Apparently this happens a lot too. Fanboys are embarrassing.

Edit: holy shit some of the chat is becoming crazy towards Kojima and people not supporting Fraser. Mentioning sending anthrax to kojima and raping another user's mother for disagreeing with Fraser.
So just woke up and checked out that stream again (went to bed right after I shared it here) and holy shit what a prick. Like, I occasionally lurk their streams just to see their reactions to certain game moments, but man their attitude towards this one is just dumb and impatient.

Speaking of going to bed, did anybody else who played this demo have a seriously hard time sleeping last night? I only got like 4 - 5 hrs of sleep because almost the entire night that goddamn hallway was getting into my head. Guess that means this demo is doing something right in terms of the psychological horror aspect haha

misterck

Don't know if its of any use but at one random walk through the hallway I had writing pop up in my screen in English and it read:

I waited for it to pass

XaosWolf

Speaking of going to bed, did anybody else who played this demo have a seriously hard time sleeping last night? I only got like 4 - 5 hrs of sleep because almost the entire night that goddamn hallway was getting into my head. Guess that means this demo is doing something right in terms of the psychological horror aspect haha

I usually walk around without the lights on at night.
Last night I didn't. Also tried to get the cat to follow me.

Officially 2spooky.
Slept fine though.

SkylineRKR

So its pretty much set in stone that she kills you after your first boot up in the last section?

It happened to me again, when she possessed me after I powered the PS4 and was retrying the final part for the first time today.

And it still gave me the chills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom