• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
it's not :(
it got PurchaseRestrictedCountries

The PRC flags have nothing to do with region-locking when it comes to store subs. Retail keys, yes, but not store purchases.

Hyped for Dead Rising next week! Is someone making an OT?

Nobody's called it in the OT OT. Feel free to nominate yourself.

Edit: There's to be a Black Ops bundle, too. I wonder if there'll be a separate one for Mac given Black Ops OSX is an entirely separate game.

Edit edit: And a Black Ops 2 bundle, unsurprisingly.

Shadownet

Banned
The PRC flags have nothing to do with region-locking when it comes to store subs. Retail keys, yes, but not store purchases.

tumblr_mh7zp8gAXF1qa9jn1o1_500.gif

Jase delivering good news.

Sept 20th. I can play tonight if people are playing, just expect me to die while typing.

why is it taking so long?? 0.o Are you having it shipped from Mars?

I guess type short or don't type at all :p i miss playing with you :(

JaseC

Damn, someone alert Milamber!

Edit: how come Prey isn't on Steam?

The IP was sold wholesale (trademark and the game itself) to Zenimax in 2010 and so the game was yanked once 2K's publishing contract expired. 2K ran out of keys prior to the sale, during the Winter Sale of 2009, but couldn't secure more due to Radar's desire to sell, so basically it's been gone for almost five years, however the store page wasn't taken down until after the sale to Zenimax. Prey is in the same position as Quake Wars: Bethesda has everything it needs, legally speaking, but hasn't bothered asking Valve to be granted Steam Partners access to the app.

MoonGred

Is KOFXIII worth the 6.61$ humble bundle price.

It's the only game I don't have from the bundle, I've never played a KOF game before and am crap at fighting games, but for some reason am drawn to it

Vuze

Welp.

Walking Dead Season 2 was mostly a poorly-written mess, but damn. That final episode.
Could you (or some other member of SteamGAF) tell me if the achievements are fixed now? I'd check the steam forums but you know, almost spoiled myself the ending yesterday there ;-;

-

I'm also looking forward to DR3! Hopefully it runs decent.

Shadownet

Banned
The IP was wholesale (trademark and the game itself) to Zenimax in 2010 and so the game was yanked once 2K's publishing contract expired. 2K ran out of keys prior to the sale, during the Winter Sale of 2009, but couldn't secure more due to Radar's desire to sell, so basically it's been gone for almost five years, however the store page wasn't taken down until after the sale to Zenimax. Prey is in the same position as Quake Wars: Bethesda has everything it needs, legally speaking, but hasn't bothered asking Valve to be granted Steam Partners access to the app.

So that mean it should be impossible to get a Steam copy unless you find a physical key around?

Ozium

Could you (or some other member of SteamGAF) tell me if the achievements are fixed now? I'd check the steam forums but you know, almost spoiled myself the ending yesterday there ;-;

-

I'm also looking forward to DR3! Hopefully it runs decent.

I read in an earlier post that they were fixed

JaseC

I'd buy the COD games if Activision knew how to discount ancient titles.

Advanced Warfare aside, I only need Ghosts, but I need a pre-order key or an RU gift copy of the DDE so I can get the Watcher DLC. I found a pre-order key on a reseller site, but it's ~$52, which is a bit rich for my blood at the moment.

Edit: D'oh, forgot to switch tabs.

zkylon

zkylewd
wow playing dark souls after three days of mitsurugi craze is such a crazy experience

everything feels so sluggish, it's ridiculous

aku:jiki

I'd buy the COD games if Activision knew how to discount ancient titles.
They're having a really tough time accepting that they're not top dog anymore, aren't they? It's time to start embracing discounts and not selling weapon camo for $2 a pop and silly shit like that if you want to keep turning a profit, Bobby!

I'm annoyed because I wanted that "paladin" skin for Black Ops 2 last week but I'm not paying $2 for a stupid weapon skin.

Shadownet

Banned
wow playing dark souls after three days of mitsurugi craze is such a crazy experience

everything feels so sluggish, it's ridiculous

Try playing CSGO with a server lag. I came out of that match feeling like life was lagging itself.

Strangest feeling ever.

Here it is! Pray for Prey.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atraveller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause -- MB-BF737D5F5F3B70C1 - Taken by Gipsy Danger. 3 entrants total.
Prey -- MB-1EC6C414F751EA77 - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff. 66 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-B6546EAF980EC407 - Taken by 73V3N. 3 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-80413D5EE430D8A5 - Taken by Haunted. 3 entrants total.
Hitman: Contracts -- MB-25FE697F19653C04 - Taken by Gangxxter. 14 entrants total.

t1409212459z1.png

Dr Dogg

Quick steamgaf tell me if this computer would work.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Dj4bRB

All depends what the person wants to do with it. Will it work? Yes but that's quite a lot of CPU power compared to GPU power. If you're on a strict budget you might want to have a look at the AMD side of things (GPUs mind I'm not too keen in their CPUs).

An easier way to plan things out is think about what you want to play, how much you can spend, how often do you plan to upgrade and work out a build from their and not one already put together. A 750ti is okish by current game and even then your not going to be hitting 60 at higher resolutions in some without compromise where as a 760 is on paper 20-30% faster and (around here at least) not much more expensive.

Best thing to do is take along time asking yourself (or who ever this is for) questions about what you want to do with this PC and then go read lots and lots of benchmarks from the more reputable places (Guru, Anand, PC Hardware.de, PCPer, etc). Once you get an idea of the hardware that will give the performance you can settle on go look at prices here, there and everywhere. You'll probably have to make compromises somewhere if you're on a budget but this is where getting lots of data from benchmarks can help.

End of the day take your time. Prices are always in flux and new tech is always coming out, even of the rate of progress is slowing it does effect pricing for older components

Jaw, don't ever go seagate. It's the only drive that's ever busted on me and they're known for their flakey drives. Do samsung or WD or anything but seagate

I've got some sad news for you then. In 2012 Samsung sold their mechanical hard drive operation to Seagate and as you can guess they went to shit. I had a couple of old F3's that are still going along but going to die soon but ran out of warranty about 6 months ago but instead of sending them in for an RMA I just bought a couple of WD Blue's. I'm in the process of ditching mechanical hard drives altogether from my gaming/media PC due to SSD prices still coming down.

WD Black fo lyfe

Unless you want the 2 years extra warranty they're a waste of money. Blue's are quieter and almost as fast (single plater 1tb's are almost identical and a lot cheaper). Green's aren't as quiet as they used to be and still really slow and Red's are really RAID and NAS drives anyway. They all have their uses but Blue's are a lot more versatile and hit the sweat spot for price to performance.

Agh, I was going to look at my recent steam games to get some idea of what games I've finished this year so far, but all the card idling makes that list utterly useless. I must find a way.

I started to keep track at the beginning of the year but I've started so many and cast them to the side it's a bit of a mess. I've still got my long arsed list of games bought all in order. If I was to hazard a guess I'd say I'm in the 30 ball park.

Has anyone had their gamefly accounts closed in here? I'm wondering if I should do that because I'm unfamiliar with this new company, and all I ever got on there are Steam Keys and Condemned(not Steam sadly).

I sent their support an email asking to close my account with immediate effect and they replied with the usual script about how they will make the transition smooth yadda, yadda, yadda but if I wanted to continue I would lose access to any games to download from them (I don't have any), Steam will handle games with keys from them (I've got 3) but I won't be able to access them afterwards (I've got every receipt from them saved with keys if I need to show Steam Support proof of ownership). Replied back saying shut it down just waiting to hear back from them again now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom