• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White PS4 September 9th Destiny bundle

After my bundle came in, I added these kontrolfreek covers and I really like how they look on the controller :)

LM5Mx59.jpg

Huddy

I reeeeally (like really really) want that white controller as my second PS4 pad, but knowing it's GAME exclusive over here has made me a bit pissy. £55, especially when the normal controller is around £40ish (not at GAME, of course), is bullshit.

The white Destiny PS4 bundle is the exclusive to game, not the pad.

365games.co.uk £44.99, hurry only a few left by the looks of it.

Theecliff

Banned
The white Destiny PS4 bundle is the exclusive to game, not the pad.

365games.co.uk £44.99, hurry only a few left by the looks of it.
WHAT SERIOUSLY? THANK YOU LORD

Edit: It says exclusive to GAME on the GAME website, weird! But thanks for the heads up, bought one :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I reeeeally (like really really) want that white controller as my second PS4 pad, but knowing it's GAME exclusive over here has made me a bit pissy. £55, especially when the normal controller is around £40ish (not at GAME, of course), is bullshit.

If you buy the console at GAME, they're selling white controllers for £40. Should probably have picked some up to pass on to others - I already have three DS4s now so I had no need for one.

Theecliff

Banned
If you buy the console at GAME, they're selling white controllers for £40. Should probably have picked some up to pass on to others - I already have three DS4s now so I had no need for one.
I've already had a PS4 for a few months now! And as beautiful as the white version looks, I think I'm okay with the one I have for now :)

kaiyo

I'm still not convinced about this. I think they made the stand for stability reasons. There are no vents on he side that contacts the ground. There is a little Death Star trench running along that edge that has the vents along it. So air can completely get in there. If anything, the stand blocks more air - the vent slits are very think and the rubber plugs that hold the stand in place block some of the PS4 vents.

I'm running my white PS4 vertically with no stand and it is a lot quieter than my launch black one was with a stand. I now have my black one horizontally so will see if that gets quieter.

There's only 2 areas where air can go in without the stand, the gap on the front and rear so only the vents near the front and rear would get cool air. While there are slits on all sides of the stand where air can go in and travel into the whole vent.

Kei-

I purchased the Sony Gold White headset yesterday, so now I have the white PS4, headphones, and vita. I also purchased this decal for the controller, as there's no pink controller yet...

That's really pretty. How much was it, and if you don't mind me asking, where did you get it from?

Kei-

I got it from DecalGirl. It costs $9.99 plus $2 shipping, but they have a fall sale going on where you save 25% off by using the code FALL25 during check out.

Oh, I've actually heard of that site. Thanks for the heads up, never bothered to look at controller skins. Pretty reasonable pricing too, especially with the code.

RAIDEN1

I will be FINALLY unboxing and hooking this up to the TV tomorrow, got the last signficant PS3 game out of the way finally (for me anyway.) Ratchet and Clank...now onto PS4..can't wait!

On Demand

Banned
I will be FINALLY unboxing and hooking this up to the TV tomorrow, got the last signficant PS3 game out of the way finally (for me anyway.) Ratchet and Clank...now onto PS4..can't wait!

I'm going to finish Kingdom Hearts before i start playing PS4. I just got the black one a few hours ago from Bestbuy with an extra blue controller. Destiny LE now awaits.

I tried using the DS4 with Kingdom Hearts but it doesn't work? It worked with the Destiny beta.

quetz67

Banned
PS4 destiny bundle is ahead of XBOne TitanFall bundle on Amazon..

Do we have any estimate how many titanfall bundles were sold by MS.? wander if PS4 will break 500k In September.

Amazing, it did in 4 days what Titanfall bundle did in month?!?

I would think the TF bundle did some 250-300K (lions share of March plus maybe half of April/May XBone numbers).

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I finally got mine from Newegg (yep), and I was worried it would look weird on my tv stand with all the black stuff. But it's awesome how well it fits on the ikea shelf!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Damn, I figured the front and back being open air would be okay, does it vent from the top and bottom instead?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Damn, I figured the front and back being open air would be okay, does it vent from the top and bottom instead?

If the back is open you should be ok. might want to prop it up on something so the air can get in underneath more easily, rather than just front and back. Eg some white erasers in the corners, or get some rubber feet from the hardware store?

kidko

If the back is open you should be ok. might want to prop it up on something so the air can get in underneath more easily, rather than just front and back. Eg some white erasers in the corners, or get some rubber feet from the hardware store?

It's not like the official stand puts any space underneath. I'm sure he'll be fine

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It's not like the official stand puts any space underneath. I'm sure he'll be fine

As pointed out to me when I argued the same - it puts space around the sides, whereas without it, air can only get in the front or back. Having said that, my white one is like that until my stand arrives, and it seems fine

mattiewheels

I remember seeing something about that stand giving airflow. I've got lots of open space in the front and back even if it's tight on the sides there, I feel like it should be okay.

kaiyo

But the stand does have vents on all sides to intake air. Without the stand it only intakes air from the gap at the on the front and rear leaving the center vents with less cool air.

kidko

But the stand does have vents on all sides to intake air. Without the stand it only intakes air from the gap at the on the front and rear leaving the center vents with less cool air.

Wow you guys are right, somehow I remembered it more solid. Carry on with the stand purchases!

mattiewheels

I see these $2 generic white stands on Amazon...bet they're garbage, right? $30 is crazy though.

Nice vinyl collection, my friend.
Thanks, man. That's the coolest vinyl cabinet I've found, just your average ikea bookshelf that happens to fit them exactly.

Timmay

Banned
So what's the verdict on the white DS4 sticks?

Are they a different material than the one that crumbles?

They feel a little different, but that might be because my launch unit has been used so much. I'm unfortunately waiting for a replacement controller because the one I got has a left analog stick that won't press in. Quality control should be better for controllers when they cost 60 bucks.

Jigolo

Loving mine. Especially when its on with the white light. Two things I've noticed from the new controllers.

1. Stick material is different. My launch one never ripped anyway
2. Share and options button are more click
Improvements all around with the controller

On Demand

Banned
Loving mine. Especially when its on with the white light. Two things I've noticed from the new controllers.

1. Stick material is different. My launch one never ripped anyway
2. Share and options button are more click
Improvements all around with the controller

Yes i noticed this too. The rubber is more tougher than the launch models. And i love that both Share and Option buttons stick out more. Before they were way too flush.

The DS4 is pretty much the pefect controller now.

orochi91

I finally got mine from Newegg (yep), and I was worried it would look weird on my tv stand with all the black stuff. But it's awesome how well it fits on the ikea shelf!

Oh shit dude, what about overheating? I figured enclosed spaces like that aren't good
for ventilating these new consoles lol

crazyprac

Ugh just got my white ps4 bundle and when I put destiny in, the drive is loud as hell. Every game I insert its screeching. Its not scratching the disk but it's loud nevertheless. Might call up Sony.

Top Bottom