• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a dumb question, but does the Fortify skill help to full combo a song or is it only point-related? I just put a team of together with like 6 cards with the Fortify skill and finally FC'd Mermaid Festa 2 after a 100-something tries. I feel like I may have cheesed it a bit.

cpooi

Probably a dumb question, but does the Fortify skill help to full combo a song or is it only point-related? I just put a team of together with like 6 cards with the Fortify skill and finally FC'd Mermaid Festa 2 after a 100-something tries. I feel like I may have cheesed it a bit.

It turns greats and goods to perfects, and basically destroys the only indicator of skill left in the game (the combo meter).

It turns greats and goods to perfects, and basically destroys the only indicator of skill left in the game (the combo meter).

Figured as much, just played it again and got another FC. Seems useful to get those S-combo rewards, but since I'm using cards of different attributes its not going to lead to high scores.

chrono01

Currently sitting at 61 Loveca and just under 26k points.

Time to burn through a lot of them in my attempt to reach [comfortably] in the Top 200. I wonder how much I'll need, maybe 35k? It's already at aroud 27.5k last I checked...

Hmm, might try for 40k to be certain. I need that third Nozomi SR card.

Marche90

Very useful to get the S-combo rewards, Indeed...

If you have a lot of them. Since I only have 3 of them, they never activate when I need them the most ;-;

Marche90

Saw mention of maintenance in the news tab, does this mean anything? Or does it happen often.

It always happen after an event finishes. It's quite normal, actually. They usually add one or two songs, a new chapter in the "story" and a few more cards..

m0t0k1

Tomorrow i will finally have 50 loveca stones in the English version. After the events end we can do a despair draw :D But i dont have many R or SR there so anything is fine. Also dat new Kotori card <3

Himemiya

Tomorrow i will finally have 50 loveca stones in the English version. After the events end we can do a despair draw :D But i dont have many R or SR there so anything is fine. Also dat new Kotori card <3

I am gonna pull sooo much...in the friend points box. :p
We should've got a new normal during the event, but no. Also I've had an unidolized cool Eli R hanging around for like 3 events now. Waiting for her other half.

Getting SRs and URs is obviously the best but if you get into skilling up cards, Rs gain a new dimension of usefulness, even the weak ones.
My loveca can stay put until Rin's cheerleader UR comes out.

m0t0k1

I am gonna pull sooo much...in the friend points box. :p
We should've got a new normal during the event, but no. Also I've had an unidolized cool Eli R hanging around for like 3 events now. Waiting for her other half.

Getting SRs and URs is obviously the best but if you get into skilling up cards, Rs gain a new dimension of usefulness, even the weak ones.
My loveca can stay put until Rin's cheerleader UR comes out.

Yeah i have some extra R's in japan and mostly used them for skills level up. I have sooo many friend points but for some reason i always forget to use them. It could be nice to get a couple of extra R.

Yaari

Looks like that Alpaca is as far as I'm getting. :(
I would have easily made that 11k. Oh well, next event should only be easier.

Mokoi

Banned
15236811521_1ec723d0ee_o.jpg
@lilaccu is the best! At this point if you're not follow this artist on twatter or pixiv you should be forced to commit sudoku! Oh yeah disclaimer some NSFW pictures done by that artists so be careful.

Qurex

Neo Member
Thankfully, I still haven't reached that level :p

Lots of cheap burgers and subway sandwiches this week, tho.
But yeah, I'll see what I can do with what I have. I still have some rice in my cupboard and a bit of chicken breast in the freezer so I should be able to try (I'm awful cooking the rice xD) to cook at least a decent meal tomorrow. My original plan consisted on buying some tomato sauce and pasta, which shouldn't cost more than a dollar and it's easier to make.

And thanks for worrying about what I'm eating guys :D

Do you not have a rice cooker for cooking your rice? I hope you stay healthy :)

Bit late, but here's some questions for today.
What is the highest scores for each of your team types?
What's the type for your weakest team?
What's the type for your strongest team?

My own answers for the last batch of questions
Yes it does, without music I tend to get more Greats. I might drop my combo due to a couple of Goods/missed notes. Depends on the song really.
Finger tips to jab the screen.
Can't play with effects on. I can't actually see the notes when they show up.

Himemiya

Person at this twitter has been doing phone wallpapers of all the LL idols recently. Like that Honoka and bird up there. Cute stuff.

I love it!

Phone's too far to check scores right now, but smile's my strongest and cool's my worst. All my pulled SRs have been smile! And cool's the only team that still has (like 3) off-colour cards.

You don't have to worry about being late with questions or like, having a routine for when to ask them (when the thread's slow). I bet it'll pick up when the events end/new URs come.

Mokoi

Banned
Do you not have a rice cooker for cooking your rice? I hope you stay healthy :)

Bit late, but here's some questions for today.

My own answers for the last batch of questions
Yes it does, without music I tend to get more Greats. I might drop my combo due to a couple of Goods/missed notes. Depends on the song really.
Finger tips to jab the screen.
Can't play with effects on. I can't actually see the notes when they show up.

Haha yeah you don't have to worry about bringing in questions when it's all slow. Although I do appreciate them. As for effects being on it definitely is too much of a distraction.

My stronkest team is smile, and weakest is my pure team.
15237860901_9b0b5e6cbb_b.jpg

Ahh if only I had one more Honkers!

Where do you go to actually get the wallpaper? lol

Well it seems like the artists didn't provide any high quality downloads, so you're just going to have to save the picture from twitter!
Edit: Yeah I didn't see the pixiv catalog.

Yaari

Wonder how much value I should put on the single SR Nozomi. Between level ups I could probably get her if I throw 10 Loveca at it.

Himemiya

Wonder how much value I should put on the single SR Nozomi. Between level ups I could probably get her if I throw 10 Loveca at it.

If you want her for the skill don't worry the next 3 token events have the same one.
If you want her for your cool team we'll have 2 more cool events before the new year.
If you want a Nozomi for Nozomi's sake good luck she's worth it!

Yaari

If you want her for the skill don't worry the next 3 token events have the same one.
If you want her for your cool team we'll have 2 more cool events before the new year.
If you want a Nozomi for Nozomi's sake good luck she's worth it!

By this logic 10 stones would be justified :D.
I need 3k, it does not seem that bad. If it all works out, I still have enough stones for a 10+1 roll aswell.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Last day of the event so I bothered to play through each difficulty once for the first time ever.

Sub 1000 points. Go me.

Qurex

Neo Member
Phone's too far to check scores right now, but smile's my strongest and cool's my worst. All my pulled SRs have been smile! And cool's the only team that still has (like 3) off-colour cards.

You don't have to worry about being late with questions or like, having a routine for when to ask them (when the thread's slow). I bet it'll pick up when the events end/new URs come.

Haha yeah you don't have to worry about bringing in questions when it's all slow. Although I do appreciate them. As for effects being on it definitely is too much of a distraction.

My stronkest team is smile, and weakest is my pure team.
Thanks for the feedback :)
It's nice to hear that you guys are alright with the questions. I thought it might be a bit annoying to some of you. I did have plans to mix things up a bit, like posting a random Pixiv pic for the day or a Youtube video. I just haven't got many of them right now.

Perhaps I should do this like once every 2-3 days then when things are slow? Might be easier on me as well, it'll probably get harder to come up with 3 questions daily. Gives me more time to find pics and videos as well.

Mokoi, I like your Smile team, so many SRs!
May as well answer my own questions now :p I shouldn't have put that score question in, too much effort needed for that one.
Strongest team is Pure. Weakest is Cool, with 4 non-Cool cards in the team. Smile is in the middle, it's quite close to my Pure team so it might take the lead sometime, need to level up that promo card.

Bonus pic, my Smile Honoka Team

Honoka is smile, Honoka is life.
:D

By this logic 10 stones would be justified :D.
I need 3k, it does not seem that bad. If it all works out, I still have enough stones for a 10+1 roll aswell.
You might not even need 10 Loveca depending on which difficulty you play.

Yaari

You might not even need 10 Loveca depending on which difficulty you play.

I guess yeah, I'm still horrible so Normal is all I'm doing for this event. My Cool is hardly enough to hit S on Normal so I between failing and low scoring, its probably the best for now.

Need 2.1k more and no stones spend thus far, seems reasonable.

Qurex

Neo Member
Reposting countdowns for the event end times.
Countdown for the end of the English event
t1410775200z0.png

Countdown for the end of the Japanese event
t1410760800z0.png

You know, is there a way to get an iPhone to rotate between the wallpapers? I'd probably do that instead of picking one of them.
I don't have an iPhone but a quick search suggests there is no way to do it by default. I think you'll either have to jailbreak it or download an app. There's an app called Shufflr but you'll need to jailbreak to get it.

I guess yeah, I'm still horrible so Normal is all I'm doing for this event. My Cool is hardly enough to hit S on Normal so I between failing and low scoring, its probably the best for now.

Need 2.1k more and no stones spend thus far, seems reasonable.
Assuming you get 140 points each time you play the event song on Normal, (S rank, S combo) you'll need to play 15 times on normal, that is 450 tokens. (30 tokens/140 points). So that's 29 plays of songs on Hard (16 token per song) for token collecting. 435 LP needed to play Hard songs.

At A rank, B combo on normal you get 130 points. Tokens needed is 510, 17 plays of the event song, 32 plays on hard for token collecting and 480 LP needed to play Hard songs.

The number of tokens and LP you need will probably be somewhere between those numbers.

500,000 users reached in the English version, we are getting 7 days of free Loveca starting from September 16

Kumubou

500k players for freeeeee lovaca, whee. What I find interesting is that only about 10,000 players have qualified for the event SR at this time -- that number will probably jump up a bit before the end, but it's not like the top 1000/200 ranking.

You don't even need to think that hard about using some loveca for the SR. Would you spending 10 on a single SR draw? That would be about 5636436346x (or about 4.5x) better than your current options.

Mokoi

Banned
Perhaps I should do this like once every 2-3 days then when things are slow? Might be easier on me as well, it'll probably get harder to come up with 3 questions daily. Gives me more time to find pics and videos as well.

Mokoi, I like your Smile team, so many SRs!
May as well answer my own questions now :p I shouldn't have put that score question in, too much effort needed for that one.
Strongest team is Pure. Weakest is Cool, with 4 non-Cool cards in the team. Smile is in the middle, it's quite close to my Pure team so it might take the lead sometime, need to level up that promo card.
Bonus pic, my Smile Honoka Team:D

1) Post the lewd pics, and push the boundaries! Break the very foundation of LL GAF!
2) I could use some UR honkers for my smile team besides the promo one. Everyone needs a Honkers team! It's quite funny how that worked out though. I guess getting top tier in Honkers event really blessed me with Honkers cards. I also have a couple of cool SR Honkers too which is quite nice.

Washi washi for everyone.

Heh, but I demand we recieve a scouting ticket as well!

Himemiya

500,000 users reached in the English version, we are getting 7 days of free Loveca starting from September 16

Yay, party! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tCmyw6vFLE

Although, I know they're definitely counting abandoned accounts into the total. Like those made on idols' birthdays where they roll to get a specific card or move on...
Really loving the free loveca! Actually, it's like KLab knew exactly when I would need it. Spent 2 loveca more in this event then I thought I would need, and on Kotori's birthday I single rolled and only got cool R Nico. Now it's all coming back. Bless them.

JoeFu

Banned
Hey...hey my love for Nozomi was stronk in the beginning!

Not how you start , but how you finish.

You're pulling a Romo here. 2ints incoming. gj

Also far too lazy to upload 3 screens on my phone and post so here is a lazy collage of my best to worst in EN. JP maintenance right now :(

isHT1avCt1sLA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom