• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Soma's dad is totally a slut. He's basically dedicated his life to traveling, cooking, and fucking. Took a little break to raise his kid but packed him off to a boarding school as soon as he could.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
...The girl who thinks hand holding is shameful.

And even if she did sleep with multiple people in some bizzaro universe (aka TOSH's unofficial official doujin), how the fuck is that a bad thing?

Lain

In his defense, he had to endure that (and who knows what else) for a long while. In most of the other NTR stories these things happen no more than a couple of times.

Tokyo DTED

eh, too many unanswered questions in regard to this NTR but now he has the opportunity to live his life and get over it.

To be fair they were probably fucking too but he decides to not mention it.

Also why is this NTR even happening? did he fucking do anything or said anything when they met again? did she specifically chose his bro and told him about that?

And yea it looks like it was shoehorned there so he can leave but hey with his disorder and the new setting this might get interesting (that bar girl was taken aback when she deduces his hidden agenda and heard of his issue)

It's just that if it isn't explicit enough when showing me a debilitating memory, I can't take the NTR seriously. It ends up looking more like a dude that can't get over not having tapped it when he had the chance and now hating on his brother's game than someone getting a lover stolen from his grasp.

The NTR from Sense and Sensibility (Bless Dramatis for keeping tabs so I could find my post and remember the name of the book) where the girl fucks his boyfriend's brother felt quite better to me. More hilarious too!

kasane

Stop slut shaming

...The girl who thinks hand holding is shameful.

And even if she did sleep with multiple people in some bizzaro universe (aka TOSH's unofficial official doujin), how the fuck is that a bad thing?
fans in denial spotted
Soma's dad is totally a slut. He's basically dedicated his life to traveling, cooking, and fucking. Took a little break to raise his kid but packed him off to a boarding school as soon as he could.

truth bomb

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
nanatsu no zenjitsu ch. 1 & 2

eKgIXWI.png

Boku to Senpai no Tekken Kousai 02

I think the two leads are definitely carrying this. Their interactions are pretty amusing since there's no real mystery solving going on here. Kinda hard when you basically have a loli that's a magnet to criminals.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Tokyo DTED Ch. 1

Guysssssss, halp me! i cant deal with the engrish here! but i love the premise, its not only hilarious but i know the character cant go any lower than he is right now!
plus the pain of having your girl stolen from your brother and have to hear them in the room next you! WAT THE FUK MAN!

Dresden

Oh yeah, reading schedule:

Sept. 28th ~ Oct. 5th: Parasyte, Hitoshi Iwaaki (moved to week one due to anime)

Bonus Mode: Munou no Hito, Yoshiharu Tsuge (just four chapters translated so c'mon)

---

Oct. 5th ~ Oct. 12th: Gundam Sousei, Hideki Owada

Bonus Mode: Japan Tengu Party Illustrated, Iou Kuroda

---

Oct. 12th ~ Oct. 19th: No.5, Taiyou Matsumoto

Bonus Mode: Banana Bread Pudding, Yuuko Ooshima

---

Oct. 19th ~ Oct. 26th: Super-Conductive Brain Paraxis, Shintaro Kago

Bonus Mode: Boys on the Run, Kengo Hanazawa

Prize: TBD

~Join me~

I feel like this is a good mix of things that are relatively well known, but not necessarily well read.

Boku to Senpai no Tekken Kousai 03

Oh god, this girl is hilarious.

Her drive to love and beyond goes up the more dangerous the criminal is? Can't wait to see how dangerous someone is if she goes all yandere on them, ohohohoho

wonzo

Banned

Sept. 28th ~ Oct. 5th: Banana Bread Pudding, Yuuko Ooshima

Bonus Mode: Munou no Hito, Yoshiharu Tsuge (just four chapters translated so c'mon)

---

---

Bonus Mode: Parasyte, Hitoshi Iwaaki

---

Oct. 19th ~ Oct. 26th: Boys on the Run, Kengo Hanazawa

~Join me~

I feel like this is a good mix of things that are relatively well known, but not necessarily well read.

already read banana bread pudding and i was gonna check out parasyte before the anime started but im down

dani_dc

Sept. 28th ~ Oct. 5th: Banana Bread Pudding, Yuuko Ooshima

---

---

Bonus Mode: Parasyte, Hitoshi Iwaaki

---

~Join me~

Sounds doable, only one of those I've read was Parasyte. Count me in.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
already read banana bread pudding and i was gonna check out parasyte before the anime started but im down

ascend that ladder boy and dont be down, you might be hungry or something. go make a sammich in the kitchen and eat it like its the best one youve ever had!

Usobuko

Banned
Asano:

One of my regrets about Punpun is how I alienated so many of my readers. With every dark turn the manga took, sales dropped. The first brutal image comes in the Uncle Yuichi flashback, and sales took a dip there, hard. And then Punpun kills someone, and it takes another dip. It’s a story that I really worked hard for to reach the end, so I wish people would try reading it all the way through. It might not leave you in a great mood, but hey. (laugh)

Poor Asano.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Sept. 28th ~ Oct. 5th: Parasyte, Hitoshi Iwaaki (moved to week one due to anime)

---

---

---

~Join me~

3 of those are on my wishlist so why not. I'm down.

Would be nice to have a refresher on parasyte before the anime.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Count me in. A re-read of Parasyte is what got me interested. Also certain people I know have been suggesting Boys on the Run.

Usobuko

Banned
Quick, someone post the picture of Aoyama lusting over Tanishi bento.

I finished Boys on the Run but I'm not sure if you guys can finish it because it's not completed in Eng.

Suzuka 16-20

Sweet Honoka always getting screwed over :( But man Suzuka is one hell of a bitch. Like I understand getting frustrated but you don't just say mean things for no reason. You'd think Seo would at least make the female main character likeable but no he doesn't. What am I saying he does this to most of his female main characters. At this point Hashiba is miles better than Suzuka. And the worst thing is she's gonna win. Anyways it seems Yamato is a beast at track and has some similarity to some old track member.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

---

---

---

~Join me~

Dammit dres i just started reading Parasyte earlier!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hi Score Girl 17

So a chapter pretty much dedicated to losing girl and getting Oono jealous. Alright.

Ojojojo 19-20

So love rival appears and gets relegated to forming the beta couple with the best friend.

I'm ok with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom