• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Suzuka ch19

She's never been really likable before but now she's reaching new lows.

Suzuka ch20

And digging deeper.

Suzuka ch21

Oh boy I can feel the rage and stupid coming.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
xbone_waifu.png

11/10 would waifu
Sauce plz

Naruto 693

Does it make me a bad person if I want Sasuke to win? Of course knowing full well he won't because of the movie. Sakura also still showing us she's the most useless Kunoichi in the series.

I just can't stand sanctimonious, "I'm gonna do the right thing and win cause im the protag" crap anymore.

Bleach 598

Another throwaway minion bites the dust. I don't think any of these fights would be an issue if we just saw more of Ichigo fighting. I'm just a little disappointed the Zero Squad doesn't seem more bad ass. They need more spectacle about them. I mean these guys were hyped up to stronger then the entire 13 court guard squads combined. And where the hell is Kyoraku and Ukitake in all of this? Taking a nap?

The whole thing needs more Aizen :/

somebody find Shengar

I need to know what that manga is

Iinazuke Kyoutei 21

another large breasted blonde added to the fiancee pact.

but childhood friend is still gonna win so.....

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto 693

Does it make me a bad person if I want Sasuke to win? Of course knowing full well he won't because of the movie. Sakura also still showing us she's the most useless Kunoichi in the series.

I just can't stand sanctimonious, "I'm gonna do the right thing and win cause im the protag" crap anymore.

Bleach 598

Another throwaway minion bites the dust. I don't think any of these fights would be an issue if we just saw more of Ichigo fighting. I'm just a little disappointed the Zero Squad doesn't seem more bad ass. They need more spectacle about them. I mean these guys were hyped up to stronger then the entire 13 court guard squads combined. And where the hell is Kyoraku and Ukitake in all of this? Taking a nap?

The whole thing needs more Aizen :/

I mean, he should win. How the hell would Sasuke win in a fight with a dude who can transform into a gigantic fucking monster that shoots fireballs out of its mouth?

I mean, he should win. How the hell would Sasuke win in a fight with a dude who can transform into a gigantic fucking monster that shoots fireballs out of its mouth?

Sasuke took away Naruto's giant monster. Half of it, at least. But Naruto winning is so obvious unless this ends up like Ashita no Joe.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sasuke took away Naruto's giant monster. Half of it, at least. But Naruto winning is so obvious unless this ends up like Ashita no Joe.

He doesn't need the other half. He never had both halves in the first place.

He doesn't need the other half. He never had both halves in the first place.

Which is essentially why this fight is so anticlimatic to me. We already know full well who the winner is. Shounen protags don't lose final showdowns. Especially ones we already know who the winner is because of the movie. It's kind of like whats the point of this really. I guess it'll give the Naruto/Sauce rivalry closure if nothing else.

I still want Sauce to win anyway lol

Why does France get most of the good manga hmmmm :( I mean they get physical releases of The Breaker. Why can't U.S get that series. I for sure would buy the Vols of that series, one of my favorite Martial Arts manga.

LeleSocho

Banned
it is a full proof plan.... Look how well it worked for Shige... Oh

That's Shigematsu's fault for being so weak not Toriko's.
also as i said Teppei is pretty op and nearly 4K's level.

-----

Naruto

I am gonna bet everything that Madara is going to "save" Sasuke with a potent talk no jutsu.

Isshoni Ofuro 1 - Kandagawa Rhapsody [Oneshot] by Taamo

Cute oneshot by the author of Taiyou no Ie about two people who meet at a bathhouse while waiting for their siblings to finish.

It's shoujo obviously, and has a bit of drama between the MC and her friend.

If you're in the mood for some short and sweet shoujo, this is really nice.

It might have worked better if there weren't a whole bunch of man-eating monsters flying around in the Gourmet World.
lol
well that isn't Toriko's problem :p
That's Shigematsu's fault for being so weak not Toriko's.
also as i said Teppei is pretty op and nearly 4K's level.

4K's.... no I don't think so

Toriko's Blue Oni may be able to take on Herac if Toriko learnt how to unleash him at full power.... of course current Toriko isn't capable

Herac would solo both of them

Isshoni Ofuro 2 - Dance of Glittering Stars [Oneshot] by Taamo

Another adorable oneshot by the Taiyou no Ie author.

The guy the MC likes and hasn't been able to confess to got a girlfriend, so she goes to a local planetarium to cry.

There she meets the popular guy in her class who went there to meet the penpal he likes but she never showed up.

MC realises that he's totally different to the façade he portrays.

Adorable things happen. More short and sweet shoujo.

Lain

Tokyo DTED ch1

Paging Lain.

Well you summoned me, so I went to check it and I have to say, 7 pages in, that I can't take much more of the English in this. Are they trying to keep true to some kind of Japanese slang this has going on? Because it just pisses me off.

moeb.png
noeb.png

My English isn't that great, still reading something like that gets my blood boiling for some reason.

upandaway

Well you summoned me, so I went to check it and I have to say, 7 pages in, that I can't take much more of the English in this. Are they trying to keep true to some kind of Japanese slang this has going on? Because it just pisses me off.

moeb.png
noeb.png

My English isn't that great, still reading something like that gets my blood boiling for some reason.
It seems to me like they're trying to translate a Japanese dialect into English slang. Yeah that's not how that works.

Zweizer

Banned

It's supposed to emulate a rural dialect, which is kinda hard to read I agree. That matter aside, how's the NTR?

dani_dc

Went to check the first chapter of Glass Mask and ended up reading half way through volume 3 without even noticing. So damn good.

Akito

moeb.png
noeb.png

Hi, translator/scanlator for this series.

The main character, Tetsuo, is from Kochi, where people speak the Tosa dialect, and it appeared very heavily in the first chapter, and it will once again appear heavily in the third volume. However, I promise you the "slang" is only going to appear sparingly in the subsequent chapters (until the third volume) because Tetsuo and the other characters speaks in standard Japanese since they're in Tokyo.

I think the dialect is important to the story because whenever he speaks it, it symbolize him revealing his true self and true feelings. If some of you readers are still confused, just imagine him speaking some combination of a New York/New Jersey/Philadelphia dialect, then it'll probably make sense.

Lain

It's supposed to emulate a rural dialect, which is kinda hard to read I agree. That matter aside, how's the NTR?

Weak. All he had to endure was listening on as his brother and the girl were having tea in the brother's room. That's not hell to me!
At least the impotence angle gives it a funny outlook.

Isshoni Ofuro 3 - Santa's Kiss [Oneshot] by Taamo

Oneshot 3 of 4 by Taamo.

This was really cute at times but the story/hook was pretty tenuous.

A rich girl asks Kanta, who's dressed up as Santa, to kidnap her for a day.

Again, some drama and a whole lot of cute shoujo things. Pretty good all things told.

Zweizer

Banned
Weak. All he had to endure was listening on as his brother and the girl were having tea in the brother's room. That's not hell to me!

In his defense, he had to endure that (and who knows what else) for a long while. In most of the other NTR stories these things happen no more than a couple of times.

Naruto
tumblr_ncgnl6LNaj1s4e1eyo1_500.jpg

Indeed, so glad kishimoto took a week off to deliver this chapter. With NaruHina already being destroyed SasuSaku had a literal ticking digital bomb on the order of Stuxnet waitng to be unleashed and unleashed it was with not only a torpedo striking the ship, but even a nuclear bomb, and a solar flare. At least its comforting that it was only a genjutsu and not even an actual attakc.

Looking forward to Sasuke ultimate ninja storm revolution hes about to unleash and many months of fighting debating. Im glad Kishimoto is using love and bonds.

Usobuko

Banned
I read Tokyo DTED too.

The artstyle kinda hampens any NTR impact. It lacks this dreaded sense of stillness and melancholy vibe. It also titled more towards caricatures. The cover page was pretty good though.

There weren't any pacing towards the revelation, it jumps around light-hearted. I can't put it in words but the way the events that were reveal to the audience make it more like a check list. There are way too many stuff introduced within 30 or so pages for the readers to care about the NTR. In fact, it acts more as a mechanism for the protagonist to get an excuse to go to Tokyo.

Isshoni Ofuro 4 - Orange Road [Oneshot] by Taamo

And this is the last of the Taamo oneshot collection.

This was probably my least favourite of the 4, but mainly because it deals with moving on from a past love rather than some cute fluffy romance stuff.

A woman receives an invitation to the wedding of her school crush. She fights with her own boyfriend on the way, but resolves past issues at the wedding and reveals a secret she's kept for a long time.

Man. That was a nice oneshot collection. You guys should read the if you enjoy Taiyou no Ie's style or even just cute shoujo romance stuff in a short form.

Weekly Manga & Light Novel rankings for September 15th - 21st

Source Oricon Youtaiju

Manga
24. *39,134 *,*85,766 Nobunaga Concerto Vol.11
37. *29,383 *,294,266 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.9
48. *23,654 *,188,172 Owari no Seraph Vol.6

Nobunaga Concerto is incredible hope the anime did bring more to it, Saburo!!! and Wake in Lonliness. [Fukagyaku Replace (不可逆リプレイス)" - MY FIRST STORY]

Seraph of the Ends incredible growth each volume will put it near the newer jump series tier next volume and past them with the volume after that. Incredible.

Tokyo DTED

eh, too many unanswered questions in regard to this NTR but now he has the opportunity to live his life and get over it.

To be fair they were probably fucking too but he decides to not mention it.

Also why is this NTR even happening? did he fucking do anything or said anything when they met again? did she specifically chose his bro and told him about that?

And yea it looks like it was shoehorned there so he can leave but hey with his disorder and the new setting this might get interesting (that bar girl was taken aback when she deduces his hidden agenda and heard of his issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom