• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
xbone_waifu.png

11/10 would waifu
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ giff name ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Ubel Blatt 1-5
I like it so far. Can anyone who read this series or are actively reading it give their thoughts so far? Worth reading the 100+ chapters?

I'm fond of it. My only real complaint with the series is that it takes forever to update because it's in a bimonthly mag.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Naruto: "We should have a fight."
Sasuke: "Let's fight."
Naruto: "Okay we're gonna fight."
Sasuke: "Fuck Sakura."
Naruto: "Okay this fight is gonna be epic."
Sasuke: "Yeah, fighting."
Naruto: "You'd be a shit Hokage."
Sasuke: "Fuck you dick."
Naruto: "Even your brother hates you."
Sasuke: "Fuck you dick; let me explain why I fighting"
Every time.

Llj02DV.png

And Sasuke utters the same words nearly everyone has said about her since the beginning.

Really do have to applaud, Kishi.

Even with the manga ending, he still needs to make certain that Sakura is without a doubt, the worst character in the series.

Rhapsody

Banned
Naruto

The romance talk still sucks. Everything else in the chapter was cool. Some nice close up panels too.

Bleach

First half was nice. I still don't care about the villains unfortunately.

Naruto

Sakura, Sakura, Sakura.... need I say more

Bleach

Glad Orihime thought the same thing as me last week.... same plot devices Kubo but then again usually authors love to revisit old material when a series is ending... just like Naruto and Sasuke fighting in the valley of the end again it is nostalgia

Toriko

eKgIXWI.png
eKgIXWI.png
eKgIXWI.png

dani_dc

Naruto 693

At least we won't have to hear of Sakura again until the end of this fight.

Bleach 598

Trying to mirror the soul arc society I suppose.

I had no idea who those two fighting where in the end.

Toriko 294

"If I make them feel enough pain they might become normal again for a few seconds before dying, worth a try."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto is much stronger than Sasuke, he should not even have trouble with him, but alas. Naruto of course will win.

What basis is there to suggest that Naruto is way stronger than Sasuke? I mean, sure he'll win because his name is in the title, but still. Its dumb because its not even a fair fight - Sasuke is attempting to kill Naruto and Naruto isn't attempting to kill Sasuke.

don't worry.... you'd have to just beat Sasuke so hard to the point of death

either he'll turn back to his normal self.... or just die

or both

R.I.P Shigematsu

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Boku to Senpai no Tekken Kousai 2-4

Suicidal chick may be whack as fuck, but I like her design.

Black Haze 70-71

Shicmuon is such an asshole.

Joshikausei 20

Skateboards, how do they work.

Kyuur

Toriko

Jet Fork? Giant hands? We One Piece now.

I feel like power explanations are going to get really dumb over the course of this manga.

Naruto 693

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bleach 598

I like this party. Hopefully more then Ichigo will get to do something.

And wow good job explaining your powers, at least another one of these shitty Sternritters is dead now

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Whatever, though. We're at least getting the final one-on-one fight we asked for in Naruto. So fuck it.

Angry Grimace

Bleach

This entire arc has been a huge fail. There's barely a coherent plot, there's just random squads of mooks for every member of the fucking gigantic cast to fight.

Naruto
once again Kish writing sakura like a total idiot .

QFT

This recent chapter was just pathetic on Sakura's part, yet I can only blame Kishimoto. It really is a shame that he completely squandered any sort of the potential she showed post-timeskip. Then again, he's always failed when it comes to female characters.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm still annoyed how Ichigo's arrival was handled. Left the palace, saw Ishida, now tries going back to the palace.

This was a waste of months :/

elyetis

I'm still annoyed how Ichigo's arrival was handled. Left the palace, saw Ishida, now tries going back to the palace.

This was a waste of months :/
Yup, expected it to be the "ultra badass" moment, Ichigo saving rukia style.

Ended up being very underwhelming. :/

Bleach
Anyone else having trouble understanding what's actually going on in this arc? If I have it right:
Ichigo and co were in Hueco Mundo (I forget why at the moment)
Quincy's attacked SS
Ichigo and co arrived in SS and got wrecked
Ichigo and co taken to Soul Kings Realm
Quncy's attacked SS again
Ichigo and co arrived and beat them
Quincy's go to King's Realm
Ichigo and co head back to the King's Realm

Is that what's occurred? Or am I confusing things?

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Soma 88 Spoilers (No we still don't have a translation of 87)

Doujima in a skirt. Yeah.

Naruto 693

Sakura got wrecked so hard I had to read it again. Sakura will never be with Sasuke ever. And SotSP decides to stick around with Kakashi for a bit. He's a pretty chill guy.

Bleach 598

You really think windy, tongue guy died? He hasn't even activated his BS power yet.

Toriko 294

Turns out people can literally be cooked into betrayal. An explanation on the Back Channel and how it works is a-okay in my book.

Revo

Bleach 598

First part better than the 2nd part.
quincy stuff is usually super dumb thou so that isn't really too hard

Angry Grimace

I bet whatever Matrix universe Hinata is currently in is pretty fucking lewd.

Rhapsody

Banned
Bleach
Anyone else having trouble understanding what's actually going on in this arc? If I have it right:
Ichigo and co were in Hueco Mundo (I forget why at the moment)
Quincy's attacked SS
Ichigo and co arrived in SS and got wrecked
Ichigo and co taken to Soul Kings Realm
Quncy's attacked SS again
Ichigo and co arrived and beat them
Quincy's go to King's Realm
Ichigo and co head back to the King's Realm

Is that what's occurred? Or am I confusing things?
I want to say that's all right. And yeah, I forgot what the Hueco Mundo thing was about too.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I still think Ten Ten's Tsukuyomi world should have been Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth

KingJ2002

Naruto: Aside from Sakura getting her heart ripped out this chapter is the excuse to explain the reason to fight. The next chapter better be epic.

Bleach: All this to introduce Ganju huh? he better have some new crazy power or he's no better than Kon. Also... what happened to those fullbringers he had with him to train? Kubo introduced them as if they will be a significant piece of this story. Also the power explanation needs to stop... these shinigami are supposed to be war ready... having lived for hundreds of years. They can't analyze the damn situation and come to their own conclusions? Kubo... man... come on

also these chapter would probably translate well to an Anime... it needs to happen. I hope Adult Swim finances to finishes it up for the US. / JP

I want to say that's all right. And yeah, I forgot what the Hueco Mundo thing was about too.

Ichigo and Co got an SOS from Nel Tu that Hueco Mundo is under attack.

Marche90

Bleach

This entire arc has been a huge fail. There's barely a coherent plot, there's just random squads of mooks for every member of the fucking gigantic cast to fight.

The anime producers must have been psychics. They predicted this arc would be a mess and that's why they decided to kill off the anime when they did-

Not like the past arc was good, either, but still...

Shouta

RIP Sakura. Getting your heart ripped out by dat Sauce.

Bleach is so fucking slow and silly with all of these random powers being introduced.

Angry Grimace

Manga News/Discussion |OT14| Hand-holding is shameless, but safe for bus.

Shamelessness knows no bounds.

Gou-Dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora 1
We start off with the captions telling us about our hapless hero Yamakawa Shouta, an otaku high-schooler. He really loves manga and is constantly fantasizing about the titular character who is also the main character of the manga series he loves (A manga in a manga, that's interesting). But one day, the character comes out of the book. Just like Video Girl Ai. But just as Shouta is about to sneak in a kiss, he gets his balls crushed.

Distressed that the Nagihara Sora that came out of book was nothing like the manga, he begs her to go back after she compares his love of a 2D character to bestiality. Before she goes, Sora asks what Shouta sees in 2D girls. To which he describes himself as a loser who will never ever get a real girlfriend and thus focuses on finding the perfect 2D girl for him. Moved by this, Sora decides to help Shouta become the ruler of the world by becoming his champion and captured 3 girls so he can make a lot of babies with them. And it ends up with him getting arreseted.

"Don't forget to cum deep inside them?" At least this comic knows it audience. And why yes, this is the same author who did Sora no Otoshimono. Eh.

Gou-Dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora 2
It's a recap of the first chapter about how Sora came out of the book and started living with him. And Sora is also slaughter a pig or at least trying to (the pig doesn't come back so I assume it was either turned into grocery meat or managed to escape). Which Shouta reacts quite nonchalauntly to and gives her a cup of instant noodles. Unfortunately, the dorm room they're in doesn't have hot water so both of them have to go the the dorm kicthen. The readers are also shown the huge disparity between the looks of the female and male dorms (wood shack for the boys v.s. mansion for the girls). Sora doesn't want to eat the noodles because it was a gift from Shouta. And that is just long enough a moment for another character to get introduced.

And it's the "childhood friend" and dorm chief, Kaburagi Ryouko. And she's immediately thrown into the antagonist role with her tormenting Shouta being in the kicthen located in the female dorm and starts questioning the reasons on Sora being with him. And Sora interrupts the conversation with "Didn't you decide to do everyone in the female dorm once and impregnate them in order to increase the number of heirs?" Which makes Ryouko super embrassed. Enough to call the police. Running gag, anyone? But Sora manages to handcuff Ryouko and begins to grope her while role-playing as a cop. Oh wow, this is getting really lewd. Shouta manages to get Sora to stop and tries to Ryouko who is really angry (obvious tsundere archetype). But he is immediately hand Sora's cup of noodles and pushed over, leading to a "facial ejaculation..." And Shouta gets arrested again. After he gets released, he goes to his dorm room to scold Sora but sees her sleeping with the now-empty cup and just forgives her.

Very straight forward. It introduces a new character and establishes that this is borderline hentai. Don't read this in public unless you feel like it.

Gou-Dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora 3

Another recap of how Sora came out of the book. And we jump straight into a new character introduction. This time it's a martial artist girl named Tenka Mooroka. New member of the harem, hmm? Recieving a message from Ryouko via her instructor/teacher Mr. Nanado to kick Shouta's ass. Then it's daytime with Shouta reading his manga outside. He reminisces about a scene in Chapter 17 or Tama x Kiss where Manga Sora gets smacked by a delinquent and replies with, "I... never resist against other people's violence...! If I did, I might hurt you... But more importantly... I might hurt your heart..." Ah, Manga Sora is so hilariously non-violent. Shouta asks Sora if she considers non-violent solutions. And Sora says yes & claims to be very non-violent. Maybe she's a nice girl after all. Then Tenka appears. Well, it's a battle manga now. Shouta starts to run and Sora knees the teacher in the face. It appears that Sora's answer is to make enemies non-violent by incapacitating them. Kind of like how Kurama's plants gently lifted someone the the ceiling and then gently dropped them on the floor.

And we offically jumped into battle manga parody-mode. "2D Art of Death!" And the 2D World is apparently a real thing. All because the teacher tried to look up Sora's skirt and just saw a black void (just like Peach and Rosalina in SSB4). Kind of makes sense when you think about how Shouta reacted to Sora in the very first chapter. And the first thing that happens is that Sora does with it makes Tenka's breast bigger. Suddenly having breast has a huge impact and Sora takes an overwhelming victory. But not before shoving Shouta's hand and yogurt drink into Tenka's breast. Money shots are becoming a running gag. And Shouta got arrested again. After getting released again, he decides to confront her about how he feels avout getting sent to prison over her antics. But Sora acts cute and falls asleep and he forgives her again.

If there's one thing this chapter did right, it's the confirmation that the 2D World is a real thing. The problem is that this came from a relatively random source. But whatever. Reminder to not read this in public.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Manga |OT14| Perhaps, after this, they will h-hold hands? S-So shameless...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom