• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Navy Bean

Race brakes, race wheels. Fattest tires on the rear. Lower the brake pressure some and bias the brakes forward. Use the telemetry to see the result - on the grip screen you want to see front wheels lock before rear. Also reduce tire pressure a few points. The ideal is 33 when the tires are hot, so set lower and then driver and use telemetry screens to see that they go up to 33 when hot.

Awesome, thanks. Will begin tinkering this weekend.

My backup plan was to copy the setup from the first Ferrari they give you as that thing handles like a dream.

Navy Bean

Just did the McLaren P1 Bucket List Challenge, holy shit, the sense of speed can be outrageous in this game! Almost felt like Wipeouts Zone mode lol.

Did anyone else just cut left across the grass until you hit the highway? Turn right and it's about a mile and a half of straight speed. Hitting 140 was not really an issue...

Seeing some gifs and videos from the Xbox One footage makes the 360 version look like FH1.5.

Finished the game using the Z4 only, then bought a McLaren P1 to unlock the "buy a car" achievement. This car is awesome, wish I had money to buy it before.

I think I just used the P1 in bucket list challenge. That hellion was too goddamned fast for me. I nearly gave myself an ulcer on a straightaway.

Novak

Same console, 2 different profiles. VIP is only active on the profile from which the purchase was made. Is that normal? Usually all DLC are shared between profiles.

Hip Hop

Come on GAF, our rank in the club leaderboards is pathetic.

We need to get our weight up.

Giant Bomb and Reddit beating us out :(

even other clubs with similar members passed Neogaf. Lets get it.

KePoW

Banned
How do you make progress in the Club, just by doing normal things in the game? Or is there a specific way that's better?

El_Chino

I thought they fixed the crashing for October Preview people? I've already updated to latest update and yet it's still happening.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
If you had VIP last time around, you may get a discount. They've done that with games like Killer Instinct recently.

I see thanks. I was kinda miffed that there wasn't any LE offered with the game, so seeing the VIP offered as a discount, even though I was ready to pay the full amount, came as a welcomed surprise.

vermadas

After I arrived home to the game on my doorstep, I excitedly went to install it to play later. Unfortunately, I hadn't tried a disc yet on the Xbox One I purchased a month ago. If I had, I could have discovered sooner that the disc drive doesn't read discs :(

And yes, I did try a different blu ray disc and fully power cycled the console as the xbox support page recommends.

This sucks, I really wanted to play this :(

KePoW

Banned
After I arrived home to the game on my doorstep, I excitedly went to install it to play later. Unfortunately, I hadn't tried a disc yet on the Xbox One I purchased a month ago. If I had, I could have discovered sooner that the disc drive doesn't read discs :(

And yes, I did try a different blu ray disc and fully power cycled the console as the xbox support page recommends.

dang bro that sux ballz!

So I've just completed the Horizon Finale and I'd like to indulge a few thoughts.

Content/Endgame
The game is absolutely teeming with content and explorability. After completing the game I'm still only on around 250/315 roads discovered and around 18% complete, and that's with a lot of exploring, collecting boards, promo shots, and bucket list cars between most games. I also completed the game using around 25 cars, meaning there's a shitload left over. I've even only got 5/10 barn finds for christ's sake.

Once you've completed the game, Ben hands the honours over to you, and you're allowed to decide the direction your road trips go in, which will be pretty cool.

The Finale Itself
Absolutely fantastic. I'll spoiler it in case anyone wants to preserve themselves.
The race starts at the main festival, circles the entire map through its fastest, curviest roads, following the coast and cutting directly through the centre of the map. It took me an entire 15 minutes to complete it in a stock Huracan (which I bought and used just for the Finale for closure)
You also get 1,000,000 CR minimum from the finale if you win, so if anyone wants to blow some cash, don't worry about trying to get it back.

The game itself in general, I have to give a complete 10/10. The atmosphere is perfect, just essentially "me and me m8s" driving around and enjoying yourselves, no dramatic story or anything to follow besides the occasional quip from Ben about the car you choose. Weather is fantastic, graphics are fantastic, tuning being back is fantastic, I love it. PG have outdone themselves, and I hope the sales reflect that because they better give us a Horizon 3 after this.

TL;DR: I've played for around 10 hours total and I've only got 17% completion, let that sink in. Just from quick calculations, that means around 60 hours of playtime for 100% and that's only single player.

Sydle

Sorry this happened.

Call MS support. Mine did the same thing at launch and they gave me 2 free digital downloads.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
TL;DR: I've played for around 10 hours total and I've only got 17% completion, let that sink in. Just from quick calculations, that means around 60 hours of playtime for 100% and that's only single player.

You've completed the 'campaign' and it's not out in the UK for two more days :/

largan

Neo Member
So, i really love this game. But why does my car change after every race? Is there an option for that? Has anyone of you experienced this? It's super annoying!

DJ_Lae

I exchanged my free Destiny for Horizon 2 today - didn't realize it came with such a bizarre selection of launch day goodies:

i2KCKEtH2TCoX.jpg

Horizon branded shirt, USB key, and USB car charger. I guess it goes with the keychain from Forza 3.

Now I just have to wait for my One to actually arrive.

I exchanged my free Destiny for Horizon 2 today - didn't realize it came with such a bizarre selection of launch day goodies:

i2KCKEtH2TCoX.jpg

Horizon branded shirt, USB key, and USB car charger. I guess it goes with the keychain from Forza 3.

Now I just have to wait for my One to actually arrive.

Does that stuff come with every retail copy?

This is bullshit. Never buying a turn 10 VIP pass again. Their language is fucking deceptive

I knew the deal going in, so maybe that's the difference, but it doesn't seem bad to me. Forza 5 was the same way; although there wasn't a spin mechanism (35K vs 70K).

I think 2xCR for every race would be too big of an advantage.

DJ_Lae

Does that stuff come with every retail copy?

No idea, I hadn't really been following anything. I picked it up at a Microsoft store as that's where my copy of Destiny came from, maybe it's specific to them.

Apparently there was also a $10 code and a preorder car I missed out on.

Top Bottom