• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

31 Days of Horror 4 |OT| The October Movie Marathon

0. The Sacrament

Technically I watched this one before October 1st, but I want to talk about it regardless. Ti West has one of the most defined voices in horror, and learning that he'd made a found footage film was extremely exciting to me. The Innkeepers & House of the Devil are both great movies, and reveal what's possible with a much slower pace in the genre. (HotD is a bit extreme in that regard, but Innkeepers is perfect). Even his VHS short played the long game, though to much less success.
The Sacrament simultaneously does, and doesn't feel like a Ti West picture. The Vice style and branding define most of the cinematography, and the found footage nature limits what can be done in editing. But the most crucial element, the slow escalation of stakes - is ever present. The camera explores the compound at a comfortable speed, and just as you understand the logic of the cult's members - it introduces seeds of doubt, growing into an understandable chaos.
The climax is a bit drawn out, and starts to fall victim to the grand sins of Found Footage (i.e, "Why are you still shooting this?") - but still had me on edge. Recommended.

1. Resolution

I'm really not sure how much to say about this one, without ruining the experience for anyone else. All I can confidently say outside spoiler tags is that it's ingeniously clever, well written, and conceptually inspiring. It's the kind of movie I wish I was smart enough to write, or even think of making.

If you have seen it..
It's insane, right? The immediate comparison that comes to mind for me is Primer - though it only really starts challenging your perception in the last act. The reveal of the role of the "cameraman", and even the existence of the edits was so perfectly handled. Noticing that all of the footage shown in the universe was the same as the movie's actual footage is the sort of thing that could so easily fly under the radar as lazy production - but it's all methodically thought out. I will say the premise was spread a bit thin, but I liked the characters & the setup - so I didn't mind the entire drug storyline effectively being a red herring.

Just wow. How this hasn't achieved cult status is beyond me.

Divius

rJFZI1u.jpg

#03 - 28 Weeks Later
This movie catches a lot of flack as the not-as-good-as-the-first-movie, and while that is true and it's not without its flaws, there are fun and thrills to be found. First of all there a great mix of cast including Rose Byrne, GAF favorite Idris Elba, Jeremy Renner, Imogen Poots and lastly Robert Carlyle who absolutely nails his part. 28 Weeks Later is like a rollercoaster ride with a bunch of ups and downs; the opening is absoultely fantastic, then there's a part where it dips and then it has some great stuff followed by cheese and a bad finale. I still can't wait for 28 Months Later though. 6/10

Jal

rUvzfXC.jpg

01. The Beast Within [1982]

This is a strange one as it has a great score and is well shot giving the atmosphere of an early Friday The 13th but the hammy lead actor and eventual change into the monster which looks like something from a Troma movie don't seem to fit in with the early tone of the film. The first scene is good and the last 30 minutes are fun if you like campy stuff.

6/10

Zombine

Banned
1. Trick R Treat

trt3.jpg

Kicking off my list, I started with my favorite horror movie of the past 6 years, Trick R Treat.

Trick R Treat is an Anthology film tied together by one night in Halloween in a small town with a dark past. Trick R Treat consists of 4 tightly woven stories, which all take place at various points in the evening.

Trick R Treat is the embodiment of what makes the Horror genre fun, and It captures the spirit of Halloween perfectly. Just watch it and be surprised. Can't wait for the sequel which was announced Last October.

9/10

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Woke up a few hours before the sun was going to rise and decided to catch another movie.

hUu6Qfe.jpg

#3 Alien Abduction

Poor acting, poor effects, poor writing, poor horror. I don't know why I was excited for this. I think I saw a gif or something from it. Turned out to be a huge waste of time.

#2 Halloween
15232386149_a04c31b0b4.jpg

-What's to say? Classic, had to watch it since just got the new bluray box set.

#3 The Dorm that Dripped Blood (Pranks 1982)
15232462060_227c24348b.jpg

- Very straight forward slasher that doesn't really waste any time. In first 15 minutes the killer racks up a heck of a body count already. Not a bad film, nothing special either, but if your looking for decent slasher, can't go wrong with this one, just don't expect much more than your typically hack em up.

Blader

Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy
Never_Sleep_Again_DVD_cover.jpg

I started watching this last night (yes, started...it's 4 hours long!). Pretty interesting stuff so far. Only got through the segments on the first two movies, but man, you just kind of come away feeling bad for the people involved in Nightmare 2. Even if it was a plainly cash grab sequel on New Line's part, it's very clear the crew were still committed to doing something cool and interesting that they were passionate about, and it got away from them with or without them knowing it at the time. All of the commentary on the movie's gay themes was pretty cringeworthy though.

On the other hand, it does reassert the kind of work ethic that Wes Craven put into the first movie, and why the original Nightmare ended up a classic while the sequel...didn't.

I haven't seen (or at least remember seeing) anything past 2, so the rest of this doc should be fresh territory!

Morgoth

Banned
Candyman
FYI-Justin-Erickson-Candyman-Poster-575x888.jpg

Love this movie's take on bloody Mary and urban legends in general. Just realized American Horror Story:Asylum took the music out of this.

ElTopo

Banned
rJFZI1u.jpg

#03 - 28 Weeks Later
This movie catches a lot of flack as the not-as-good-as-the-first-movie, and while that is true and it's not without its flaws, there are fun and thrills to be found. First of all there a great mix of cast including Rose Byrne, GAF favorite Idris Elba, Jeremy Renner, Imogen Poots and lastly Robert Carlyle who absolutely nails his part. 28 Weeks Later is like a rollercoaster ride with a bunch of ups and downs; the opening is absoultely fantastic, then there's a part where it dips and then it has some great stuff followed by cheese and a bad finale. I still can't wait for 28 Months Later though. 6/10

I thought it was better than the first film.

matt360

I started watching this last night (yes, started...it's 4 hours long!). Pretty interesting stuff so far. Only got through the segments on the first two movies, but man, you just kind of come away feeling bad for the people involved in Nightmare 2. Even if it was a plainly cash grab sequel on New Line's part, it's very clear the crew were still committed to doing something cool and interesting that they were passionate about, and it got away from them with or without them knowing it at the time. All of the commentary on the movie's gay themes was pretty cringeworthy though.

On the other hand, it does reassert the kind of work ethic that Wes Craven put into the first movie, and why the original Nightmare ended up a classic while the sequel...didn't.

I haven't seen (or at least remember seeing) anything past 2, so the rest of this doc should be fresh territory!

I really enjoyed the documentary. I watched it in mid-September to prepare for this event, along with the original 7 movies. I hadn't seen Nightmare 2 since I was a kid, and the whole "gay" thing was completely new to me. When I watched it a couple days later, I found it pretty amusing just how absolutely blatant it was. I honestly don't believe how nobody on set got what was going on with that movie.

Anyways, as for me...

October 1st
Trick 'r Treat
08Bjc8f.jpg

Watched this with the old lady last night. Rewatch for me, first time for her, and the movie is an absolute classic. Last year's 31 Days event was my first viewing, and I couldn't believe that I'd let myself go so long without seeing this one. It is all the fun and nostalgia of Halloween wrapped up in a perfect package. This movie and the original Halloween are maybe the 2 most perfect Halloween-themed movies I can imagine. I could gush about this movie for 10 pages, but I'll just stop here and say that if you haven't seen this one, do yourself a favor and watch it.

October 2nd
Re-Animator
arxYfnw.jpg

First viewing, and another gem. 2 for 2 this Halloween so far. Goofy, campy, fantastic music, gross fx, and Herbert West. What a great character. In a genre filled with forgettable heroes and heroines, this is a character that you will remember for years to come. My friend recommended this to me last year, but I didn't have Netflix at the time and couldn't find it anywhere in Japan, so I missed out. I finally got Netflix up and running this year so I was able to add it to my list, and man I'm glad I did. If you're into camp, and looking for something gory and gratuitous, but still a lot of fun a la Return of the Living Dead, you'll love this movie.

J-Roderton

I Am A Ghost streaming anywhere? That pic has me interested in it.

EDIT: Okay that trailer was awesome. Will be renting this.

Cuphead

Banned
REC 2

Didn't enjoy it as much as the first, a big part of the first was connecting with the characters at the beginning, something that isn't as present here. Despite this I think the movie is a fantastic horror sequel.
The intersecting parties is a nice element, I like seeing the different perspectives of this situation.

3 out of 5 cups

-------------------------------------------------------

Kill List
I think I get what was going on!?

The storytelling felt a little disjointed but this enhanced my experience watching this troubled character.
-A slow burn with a killer payoff.
-The two mains have great chemistry.
-Makes you do your own thinking more than the traditional thriller

4 out of 5 cups

I have nothing mapped out, just going to my horror section in XBMC and picking whatever looks interesting at that moment. I doubt I'll get to 31, but I'll give it a shot. Started last night with.....
night-of-the-big-heat-1967_xvx_101661.jpg

1) Night of the Big Heat (1967) aka Island of the Burning Damned **1/2 (out of 5)
Clearly made on a modest budget, despite the presence of Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing and director Terence Fisher, this is a decent enough scifi/horror effort, building some effective suspense and tension. The cast does fine with what they're given...it's always fun to see Cushing and Lee together, and Jane Merrow has an ahead-of-her-time sexiness. Ultimately it ends up being a pretty silly trifle, with a
laughably abrupt ending
, but I enjoyed it for what it was. Has the feel of a Twilight Zone or Outer Limits episode stretched to feature length.

If you haven't seen them:
- The Evil Dead Trilogy
- Dead Alive/Braindead
- Basket Case
- Feast
- Tucker and Dale vs Evil
- Cemetery Man/Dellamorte Dellamore
- Pieces
- Dead Heat
- TerrorVision
- Dead Snow
- House (1986)
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
- Fright Night (1985)
- An American Werewolf in London
- The Howling
- April Fool's Day (1986)
- Shaun of the Dead
- Club Dread
- Drag Me to Hell
- Dagon
- Frankenhooker
- From Dusk Till Dawn
- Halloween III: Season of the Witch
- Trick R Treat
- Monster Squad
- Toxic Avenger
- Terror Firmer
- You're Next

I better stop here or I'll he here all night...
Thank you!

Snaku

Banned
Can I just take a moment to talk about how awesome it is living so close to an Alamo Drafthouse? Because it really really is. So far for the month of October I've got tickets for The Monster Squad, Army of Darkness, Halloween III, and John Carpenter's The Thing. And I'm debating whether to go see Evil Dead and Ghostbusters. Their October movie selection never disappoints.

rqZC0Bu.png

John Boorman decides after making the masterpiece (*cough*) Zardoz to tackle a sequel to arguably one of the most well-regarded horror films of all time. Does it stack up to the original? Well, obviously not but that's not to be expected. Does it stand on its own, though? Not really, but I didn't actually think it was that bad until the ending but oh boy is the ending a whole new level of stupid. 1/3

30J2sdm.png

(Short) I think the most successful of Švankmajer's Poe adaptations. It's a first person adaptation of The Pit and the Pendulum, and quite a suspenseful one at that. 3/3

ACfVdrY.png

(Short) An adaptation of Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher without any people in it. The problem is that I don't know Hungarian and since it's pretty fast keeping up with the subtitles and what's going on on the same time can be quite difficult. Of course this isn't the fault of the movie, though. I liked it more than I expected. Švankmajer manages to pull off some pretty cool imagery, as usual. 3/3

Penguin

2. The Blair Witch Project - I had never seen this movie before, and it has quite the reputation, but it is totally a product of its time and environment. Watching it today, it was just really dull and aimless. I was waiting for anything to happen to spruce up the excitement, but it just kind of ends.

I did watch Re-Animator for the first time the other week too and yeah Herbert is incredible.

Also, The Wiggles: Wiggly Halloween is on Hulu plus. In considering seeing how terrifying it is. Also I guess if you have a little kid you want to watch something with there you go. It's 45 minutes so it barely qualifies!

John Dunbar

correct about everything
3. Critters: I liked some aspects of it like the bounty hunters, but had hoped it would have been rather more brutal. Now it's more of an afternoon watch than a good creature horror film. I also don't like it how movie monsters magically become less vicious and lethal when attacking main characters instead of expendable supporting ones.

4. 28 Weeks Later: Didn't really care for it much. I thought the film's inner logic was too ridiculous for me to buy anything that was happening. I am totally fine with big unlikely coincidences like Carlyle's character's wife happening to have an immunity and their kids being out of the country, but the amount of shit this movie tried to sell me was just too much. The wife just happening to survive, Carlyle (I don't even remember what his name was in the movie) somehow having clearance to the hotel (ok), but also to medical military facilities, where the only survivor and the only known potential carrier just happens to be completely unguarded? Was also very jarring how the film decided to skip the initial phase of rage-Carlyle escaping other than some shaky POV footage that made no sense (I guess he never came across two soldiers at once), probably because there's no way it could have happened when he starts from a high security medical facility. Then they lock all the civilians up in what appears to be a parking garage (wtf?) but somehow rage-Carlyle is already there, and after a whole bunch of them are infected it turns out they really weren't locked up at all since they just bust through the door. Rage-Carlyle also being some kind of Nemesis through the whole movie felt very forced, like they only did it because they had a somewhat famous actor to play the zombie. Anyway, just a too stupid and very disappointing sequel. The only good thing was the opening sequence, and it was downhill from there.

5. Scream 4: I found the DVD on sale for 50 cents and thought I'd finally get around to watching it. I guess it was going for the whole "so expected it's unexpected" thing, but it kinda just felt bland. I was hoping they would have done something crazy like the whole town ganging up to kill them for ruining the place's reputation (I actually thought this was possible because of how horrible the escape was when Sidney knocked out the Ghostface but somehow the cops who arrived two seconds later didn't see him/her run away). Rather blah.

Film 2: The Devil's Backbone (2001)
Viewing Method: Blu-Ray Disc

bDt0oAt.jpg

This was my initial viewing and I really enjoyed this film. It's not really of horror film but it does have scary imagery and atmosphere. I'm having lots of fun so far broadening my list with films that do not rely solely on monsters and buckets loads of blood and gore but do have scary elements to them.

MattyH

After the brilliance that is Dog Soldiers (which is pretty much the best werewolf film since American werewolf in london) moving onto Carpenters best
#2 The Thing

AlexBasch

I'm curious, does Faces of Death count in the whole 'challenge' thing?

Again, just curious, I didn't see four of those in a boring afternoon this week, nope.

obin_gam

#2 Exorcist II: The Heretic
fZAxJEA.jpg

The backstory for Pazuzu is very good and interesting. But the rest is just stupid. The ending is nonsensical and that hypno-light is headacheinducing.

Doran902

#1: The Wolfman 2010. I love it, thought it was much much better than reviewers. First time viewing it.

#2: The Curse of Frankenstein 1957 (always wanted to see it but never got around to it).

GhaleonEB

1) Critters 2

There were a lot of potentially great pieces put in motion in Critters 2, but only a few of them fall into place. When a batch of alien eggs are found in an old barn right before the town Easter egg hunt, the potential for greatness was palpable. Those elements did combine into something hilarious (I don't think the kids in the church will look forward to the Easter bunny in quite the same way ever again) but the execution really fell far short of what it could have been.

That pretty much describes the entire movie. Good setup followed by mediocre execution across the board, right on through to the ending sequences. Critters 2 was still just fun enough to be enjoyable, but felt like a big missed opportunity.

As a side note, I'd forgotten how PG-13 movies actually were in the 80's. I expected something highly sanitized and what I got was gore, gooey splatter, profanity and boobs. It was a pleasant surprise.

I'll be watching every other day this month, so as to juggle a bunch of projects at home (fence building, insulating under the house, not neglecting my wife, etc.).

Bebpo

Banned
Ju-On: The Grudge

220px-Juonthegrudgeposter.jpg

Starting off with some J-Horror I hadn't seen and this was pretty bad! I had heard the Ju-On series was scary with a creepy feel, but did not get that feeling at all. Kids in white paint staring at people and low budget silly cg shadows are more laughable than frightening, Outside of the scare factor, the film was fairly weak as far as interesting horror tales go. It seemed to share more in common with American slasher flicks in that the runtime of the film is fairly plotless and simply an excuse to watch a bunch of people freak out and die horribly one after another. The story would probably work better as a 20-30 min short, as it's really just a single idea repeated ad nauseum with no real character or plot progression. The acting was unintentionally hilarious as everyone was overacting and hamming it up non-stop. Even having some understanding of Japanese tastes, I'm surprised this became a best selling franchise there. The Ring made sense since it was actually creepy (horror 101: it's way creepier when you don't show things! Ju-On is filled with constantly showing you the human looking bored ghosts just standing around doing nothing) well directed and had a good mystery story. But Ju-On has none of that.

Weak start for horror month! 1.5/4

Silent Night, Zombie Night
Low budget zombie movie on Hulu plus which I can watch at work. Nothing special other than a fun scene set to "Take Me Out To The Ballgame"

Also one of the leads looked like and older Randy Orton so that was fun.

1. Aaah! Zombies!!
2. Candyman
3. Silent Night, Zombie Night

Ridley327

It's pretty damn great the whole way through. The stuff on Nightmare 4 was probably the best, since they got Renny Harlin to talk about it at such great lengths.

Kayo-kun

#2 Demons

demons.jpg

Really enjoyable 80:s horror flick. Too bad I got my hands on a dubbed version.

Previous:
#1 White Zombie (Oct 1)

Rydeen

#2 Demons

demons.jpg

Really enjoyable 80:s horror flick. Too bad I got my hands on a dubbed version.

Almost all Italian films up to a certain point are dubbed. When a third of your cast speaks Italian, another third speak English, and in the case of Demons, a third speak German, it's kind of a necessity.

Mideon

2. Trick r Treat

Fun little compilation film. Didn't like all of the corny stuff towards the end but was nice that it all tied together

3/5

kunonabi

Film #1: The Legend of Hell House via Netflix

The film got off to a nice start with the basic premise, music, and camera work but once they get in the house it just kind of falls flat. A lot of yelling and stuff crashing that doesn't really go anywhere. The dialogue gets pretty hilarious at times but I don't think it was really supposed to be intentional.

pass

Film #2: The House of the Devil via Netflix

Not to much to say that hasn't already been covered in previous posts but I enjoyed it. Despite the slow burn the movie actually reaches its conclusion far quicker than I expected. I didn't care for the lead all that much, the character that is, but still an entertaining watch. The end was also a little strange in how quick she was to believe in their plan but I assume they just didn't want to slow things down again which I can understand.

watch

Kayo-kun

Almost all Italian films up to a certain point are dubbed. When a third of your cast speaks Italian, another third speak English, and in the case of Demons, a third speak German, it's kind of a necessity.

Oh I didn't know that. Any idea which language they spoke while filming the movie? It seemed like everything was dubbed after shooting, even if some of the actors might have spoken English during filming.

Moofers

Dont expect for me to say much

2. The Rope Maiden (short)

This is a fun little short that is kind of like a instructional video. It has a dude hang a woman from the ceiling with rope and then he guts her

3. Paraphilia (short)

Dude drags a corpse out into the middle of the woods and he has fun with it.

4. Dead Nude Girls

This flicks follows a dude and he likes to kill girls. Lots of rape and scissors and axes going in places where they dont belong

5-6. Inner Depravity (shorts)

So these 2 shorts are weird. Lots of graphic violence..

I'm seeing a theme here.

I will be watching The Conjuring as a result of the great things people have said about it here. Also seeing Annabelle this weekend. Much excite. :)

Moofers

Lots of people watching White Zombie. Is that on Netflix or something? I can't imagine you all tracking it down for some reason.

impact

Banned
Ju-On: The Grudge

220px-Juonthegrudgeposter.jpg

Starting off with some J-Horror I hadn't seen and this was pretty bad! I had heard the Ju-On series was scary with a creepy feel, but did not get that feeling at all. Kids in white paint staring at people and low budget silly cg shadows are more laughable than frightening, Outside of the scare factor, the film was fairly weak as far as interesting horror tales go. It seemed to share more in common with American slasher flicks in that the runtime of the film is fairly plotless and simply an excuse to watch a bunch of people freak out and die horribly one after another. The story would probably work better as a 20-30 min short, as it's really just a single idea repeated ad nauseum with no real character or plot progression. The acting was unintentionally hilarious as everyone was overacting and hamming it up non-stop. Even having some understanding of Japanese tastes, I'm surprised this became a best selling franchise there. The Ring made sense since it was actually creepy (horror 101: it's way creepier when you don't show things! Ju-On is filled with constantly showing you the human looking bored ghosts just standing around doing nothing) well directed and had a good mystery story. But Ju-On has none of that.

Weak start for horror month! 1.5/4

I hear Ju-On The Curse is actually better, but I'm not brave enough to find out. Ringu and Ju-On were both terribly boring. Asian horror is really hit or miss.

big ander

Lots of people watching White Zombie. Is that on Netflix or something? I can't imagine you all tracking it down for some reason.

xKUb2QE.png

This year we are attempting something new and including 2 mandatory movies. One in the public domain for everyone to watch, and one selected by Divius for Netflix streaming users (or anyone else who has access to it). Please do your best to watch and discuss the movies during the defined period.

White Zombie (1932)
Watch & discuss between October 1st - 15th.
Internet Archive
YouTube
Netflix

Man Netflix has some sliiiiiim pickin's as far as horror movies go...it gets worse every year.

watched my first of the month last night - Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddys Revenge..

i liked the concept of it where freddy takes over someones body to do his bidding, and for the most part enjoyed the film....but overall I thought it was a bad slasher flick.

terrible deaths. just so few and tame.

nothing explained AT ALL.

incredibly crappy ending.

Movies queued up:

The Bay
VHS 2
Insidious 2
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil
We are what we are
let the right one in
The possession
Playback
Funny Games
The Snowtown Murders
The Freighteners
Rosemarys Baby
The Collection
Nightwatch
Grave Encounters 2
The Awakening

god I hate netflix offerings.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
1/31: Identity

identity14.jpg

Thought it was very weak. You could see the twist coming from a mile away, and the second twist made me laugh out loud. 1/5

Tonight... I Am a Ghost!

Film 3: Taxidermia (Amazon Instant Video UK)

Don’t worry about your figure. Just grow nice and fat for me.

Df5aaOz.jpg

I have no idea if this really counts as a horror film, despite being gruesome in its own sweet way from start to finish. It ends up in body horror territory, but as a whole Taxidermia itself is not so easy to classify. It’s a funny, touching, disgusting, foul-mouthed and extremely weird story of three generations of Hungarian men. There’s lots of competitive speed eating, copious quantities of vomit, some beautiful romance, a fair bit of extremely unsavoury sex and three scary cats. The acting throughout is excellent, and it’s got a brilliant ending.

Verdict: Strange and fun. But also a bit icky.

Scavenger

#1 The 'Burbs

P1EUJFU.jpg

I watched the excellent 2K restored Blu-ray release from Arrow Films UK. It's a decent horror comedy film that's kind of like a lighthearted Fright Night. The plot is a bit weak, but the characters, humor and the crazy ending totally make up for it.

Tomorrow I'll probably watch the Blu-ray release of Theatre of Blood, another release by Arrow Films UK.

kunonabi

Man Netflix has some sliiiiiim pickin's as far as horror movies go...it gets worse every year.

watched my first of the month last night - Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddys Revenge..

i liked the concept of it where freddy takes over someones body to do his bidding, and for the most part enjoyed the film....but overall I thought it was a bad slasher flick.

terrible deaths. just so few and tame.

nothing explained AT ALL.

incredibly crappy ending.

Movies queued up:

The Bay
VHS 2
Insidious 2
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil
We are what we are
let the right one in
The possession
Playback
Funny Games
The Snowtown Murders
The Freighteners
Rosemarys Baby
The Collection
Nightwatch
Grave Encounters 2
The Awakening

god I hate netflix offerings.

I know hulu is kind of taboo in these parts but they have a decent selection of stuff that netflix doesn't. Quite a few criterion releases and some other older films.

Oreoleo

#2 Insidious

Hot on the heels of being super impressed and legit terrified by The Conjuring, I wanted to see more of James Wan's work and decided to check this out, since I've seen the poster and movie mentioned enough in passing. The first half was really good! Definitely chilling when everything was still a big question mark. But pretty much as soon as the medium showed up the movie went to hell and all subtlety went out the window. They really, really should not have shown the
Darth Maul
so blatantly as I thought the character design there was super lame and too-obviously just a dude in spandex or whatever. That said, the
twist/cliffhanger
at the end piqued my interest and redeemed the movie a bit for me, so I'll inevitably check out the sequel within the next day or two.

3/5

Edit: Also I thought the poster was kind of misleading because
the kid is possessed for all of 30 seconds in the movie
. I went in expecting something more similar to The Omen and got Nightmare on Elm Street instead.

1/31: Identity

identity14.jpg

Thought it was very weak. You could see the twist coming from a mile away, and the second twist made me laugh out loud. 1/5

Tonight... I Am a Ghost!

I was really enjoying Identity until the twist stuff started happening. I wish it was just a simple murder mystery movie rather than the direction it went.

Top Bottom